The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-15-02, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine

And isn’t that what you want in a cigarette? Yes, my friends, that cancerous lump on CBS’s prime-time schedule known as The Amazing Race (TAR2) is back. We’ll see breast cancer survivors meet the poster girl for skin cancer. We’ll see the entire cast receive radiation therapy in the desert of Nevada. Joe Camel never had it so good.

The scene opens in Pahrump, Nevada with choppers transporting eleven teams of two to the starting line, otherwise known as Area 51. Even though David Duchovny is nowhere in sight, one of the teams is clearly comprised of two of the three Lone Gunmen, so we know the truth is out there.

Speaking of the teams, it’s a whole new season, so let’s meet them, shall we?

Blake & Paige – the brother and sister team from Texas. As our own Lisapooh so aptly pointed out, it looks like there’s a little “Flowers in the Attic” thing going on here. I haven’t seen a brother and sister this crazy about each other since “The Hotel New Hampshire.” Blake’s clearly a cowboy (could his name be any more Texan?), so we’ll call this the Marlboro Team.

Hope & Norm – the married couple from Tennessee, they are officially graduates of the Tina Wesson Media Ho Camp (thanks, Sir). They were, in fact, recruited for the show by Wesson. A couple of my favorite posters live in the great state of Tennessee, so I really want to like these two. Unfortunately, liking these two is about as easy as liking melba toast. They’re really that bland. And when you’re talking bland, you’re talking Merit brand smokes.

Oswald & Danny – the gay men from Miami. Gay men in Miami? I’ve never heard of such a thing. Does Will Smith know about this? Oswald lets us know that it’s going to be hard getting used to 7-Up when he’s used to drinking champagne. They’re snooty, they’re Dunhills.

Tara & Wil – the separated couple from La-La Land. Tara, a word? A separation might not be enough. A restraining order might be a better idea. Call me crazy, but something tells me we’re going to be reading something like “Former TAR Contestant Kills Ex-Wife” in a few years. I don’t know what Tara would be, but Wil is all Pall Mall.

Deidre & Hillary – a mother and daughter from Miami and Brooklyn, respectively. They’ve been estranged since the divorce when Deidre was six, and they’re trying to rebuild the relationship. I thought that’s what Oprah was for. It would take a lot of time to explain their relationship, and what takes more time to order than Benson & Hedges Ultra-Light Menthol One Hundreds?

Chris & Alex – lifelong friends from Boston. As if we didn’t have enough Bostonian accents to deal with on Survivor, we need these two guys? They work as night club bouncers, and Joe Camel has wet dreams over guys like these.

Cyndi & Russell – married pastors from Minnesota. As much as I want to make fun of them, being the heretic I am, they’re surprisingly easy-going in the first episode. They’re Nicoderm CQ nicotine patches.

Peggy & Claire – the self-labeled “gutsy grannies” from California. Remember Clara Peller? You know, “Where’s the beef?” Picture two of her. What do old people smoke anyway? Oh, that’s right. They don’t. They’re all dead.

Gary & Dave – former roommates from NYC, and the aforementioned members of the Lone Gunmen. They are both listed as writers on the CBS site. Are you kidding me? Writers of what? Letters to Penthouse? From where I’m sitting, these guys look like GPC’s. I can’t imagine they can afford anything else.

Mary & Peach – sisters from Pennsylvania. Hang on a sec. Peach?! Peach?! The only Peach I can remember in my lifetime is the princess that Super Mario has to save. Peach?! Sorry. Had to get that out of my system. Peach?! All right, it wasn’t quite out of my system. I think I’m good now. Peach, incidentally, is pretty much what you’d expect of someone named Peach. I’m absolutely certain that The Presidents of the United States of America were not singing about her when they sang, “Millions of Peaches, Peaches for me.” They’d have all killed themselves. Clearly, I’m never going to have the name Peach out of my system. Virginia Slims.

Shola & Doyin – Twin brothers, both independent contractors from Albany. As an independent contractor myself, let me translate: collecting unemployment checks. No, that’s not a slur. Let me repeat: as an independent contractor myself… actually, these guys are kinda cute. These guys are Winstons, for the sole reason that Winstons always seem to have a buy two, get one free deal going.

Whew. Always fun to introduce the cast. Shall we get on to the game itself? We all know what the most important thing is in these reality game shows, right? That’s correct: sponsors. Right on cue, the contestants are all told to hop in Ford Explorers and find their way out of Area 51 by finding yellow and red flags. They’re also told that they’re going to have to fly to Rio (and considering how wonderful our own Rio is, I’d have to say they’re damned lucky), so it’s a good thing they’ve all gotten their radiation therapy before heading to the skin cancer capital of the world.

The search for the flags is actually kind of fun, sort of a Cannonball Run without celebrities and with a lot more dust. For some reason, almost everyone follows everyone else rather than searching for the flags on their own. This insures that all of them will arrive at the airport in Las Vegas at exactly the same time at a dead run, which further insures that airport security will completely freak out.

When I read of this in TV Guide, I thought, “Ah, great. Just what America wants to see. A primer on how to evade airport security. I’m sure terrorists will be taking copious notes.” Fortunately however, they didn’t spend any time showing how the teams got around the cops. There is hope for CBS after all. Wil doesn’t see it that way, however, and accuses the cops of cheating. We’re not shown his assault of the police, but the trial is set for next week.

We’re quickly alerted to another sponsorship as we’re informed that AMERICAN AIRLINES has seats available on two planes. There is enough room on the first AMERICAN AIRLINES flight for seven of the teams. The other AMERICAN AIRLINES flight, leaving two hours later, can carry the other four teams. So check in at AMERICAN AIRLINES.

But what about the game, you ask? Do you really think it matters? This is great product placement here. We’re talking masters of an art form. This summary is brought to you by realitytvworld.com. Just saying. That’s realitytvworld.com. Further writings by this author can also be found at untruecrimes.com. That’s untruecrimes.com. Don’t forget to click the pop-up ads at realitytvworld.com. See how much better TAR is at product placement than we are? It really is an art form.

Okay, the damned game. All of the teams make the first plane except for the Lone Gunmen, the gutsy grannies (“I see dead people”), the mother and daughter, and the gay men from Miami who aren’t a couple. In a moment of foreshadowing, Hillary says to her mother, “Seven Teams in front of us. I don't want to start out this way. I don't want to start out behind and have to catch up. I want to already be in front.” For those of us who have taken the time to check out her profile on cbs.com, we already knows she wants to be in front. She models nude for art classes. Unfortunately for her and the rest of the losers, this plane leaves 2 hours and 15 minutes later than the first.

After the teams all load up on individually packaged peanuts and 7-Up, they arrive in Rio, where even though the game won’t get any more interesting, the scenery should be better. These hopes are quickly dashed, however, as we see that topless bathers didn’t get past the censors. The last time I saw this much skin being blurred out, it was on suspects’ faces on “COPS.” Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?

Our bad boys (and girls) get to go to the top of a mountain to visit the statue Christo Redentor (that spelling looks wrong to me, but that’s how they have it on SeeBS’s site). Highlights of the trip to the mountain and up the 7000 steps (overkill, btw… Hitchcock already showed us that thirteen are sufficient for real drama) include the grannies dying on the stairs and one of the two lone gunmen explaining in Spanish to a cab driver that they must get their quickly so he can convert from Judaism and join a jihad.

So… what happens once they get to the statue? It cries! A miracle! Wait. No. The miracle is that the grannies didn’t really die on the stairs. Yay! The “Diagnosis Murder” demographic won’t abandon the show yet! Wil accuses the statue of cheating and God strikes him dead with a lightning bolt. Okay, not really. A guy can dream, can’t he? What really happens at the statue is that the teams find another red and yellow clue.

Tangent: Bruckheimer (whinny!) could team with Nickelodeon to create a really great spin-off of this show for kids. Just replace the yellow and red markers with blue paw prints. Just saying.

Second Tangent: Am I the only one who enjoys saying Bruckheimer with a German accent and then making horse noises? I know it doesn’t really sound like Frau Blucher, but… I’m easily amused. Bruckheimer! Whinny.

All right, I’m back from giggling. Let’s see… yellow and red clue… got it. The teams next have to go find “Fat Maria” and kiss her. So the contestants all pile onto AMERICAN AIRLINES flights and head to New York to find diva Maria Callas at the Metropolitan Opera. No? Really? Damn, this show just makes no sense at all.

Apparently, Fat Maria is, in fact, a tree. Wil is confused however and kisses one of the grannies and then accuses her of cheating. Everyone else kisses the tree and gets their clues. Blue’s clues, Blue’s clues. We gotta find another paw print, that’s the second clue.

This clue tells the teams that they have to make a boat reservation with Ilha Tours, which is Spanish for AMERICAN AIRLINES. The teams each find their way onto fairies (Hi, Tinkerbell!) that fly across the water from island to island. Strangely, the fairies look a lot like boats. Most of the teams wind up on a fairy that leaves quickly, but the pastors have God on their side, so they board a fairy that leaves later but is much faster.

Most of the teams arrive at Ilha Tours at about the same time. Tara calls Wil away from the window to look at some nifty souvenirs, which causes Wil to accuse Blake of cheating. Blake’s not having any of it, so Wil accuses Tara of cheating and causing the separation in the first place. God strikes him dead with lightning. Or at least He should.

Finally, all the teams have their reservations on several boats leaving in 45-minute increments. And then the fun begins. Everyone has to decide what to do with their money. Should they sleep inside or get food? Everyone agrees with their respective teammates except for Mary and Peach. Mary wants food. Peach wants to sleep inside. At one point, Peach tells Mary, “I don’t even like you.” Mary, in the most literary moment we’ve seen in reality teevee history says, “Do I dare to eat a Peach?”

Morning comes and we get a rare moment of sexiness as Paige stretches on the beach and Blake watches his sister with great appreciation. The editors leave the pair before we can see them re-enact a Rob Lowe/Jodie Foster love scene. Which is good, frankly, because the more I think about it, one of the lone gunmen kind of reminds me of John Hinckley. Hmm.

Eventually, the teams all board their boats and head for Sugar Loaf Mountain (which I could have sworn was in Colorado). The skiing doesn’t look very good, so everyone will either have to rappel down the side of the mountain, or return down the mountain in the same gondola they rode up in. All but the grannies opt to rappel. The grannies, however, are the only team that recognizes the reference to “The Girl From Ipanema” and are just TOO excited at the thought of being able to meet such an icon of their younger days.

Tall and tan and young and leath’ry
The hag with melanoma has lesions.

The problem with meeting this icon, however, is that it will take much longer than rappelling down a mountain (unless, of course, you’re a mother and daughter team). Most of the teams rappel rather poorly, but somehow manage to make it down the mountain without dying. The grannies busily ooh and ah over the woman Astrud Gilberto made famous until they remember that they’re actually in a race. Skin Cancer Woman graciously gives them their clue.

As everyone gets their clues, they find that they have to find passage to a boat in the middle of the harbor flying a yellow and red Jolly Roger. (Really, wouldn’t the flag look so much cooler with a blue pawprint?) Various teams find various means of transportation across for varying amounts of money.

Wil and Tara reach the yacht first, wondering where everyone is. A guy in a green striped shirt named Steve informs them that they’re the first to arrive. Or at least that’s what should happen. Instead, some guy named Phil tells them. Wil accuses him of cheating.

Two by two, each other teams arrive, including (miraculously) the grannies in tenth place! That’s right, kids. The nude model and her mother have been eliminated already. The model reassures her mother repeatedly how proud she is of her and one begins to wonder what twelve-step program they’ve seen each other through.

And that’s pretty much it. I hope that future episodes will allow storylines to develop instead of seeming like hour-long MTV videos, because only Michael Jackson can really hope to get away with that (howdy, Jizzy and Kira).

Happy viewing, all. When next you read a summary, it will be by the eminently talented Landrujam. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m in desperate need of an American Spirit Light.

Criminals From the Neck Up

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Survivorerist 03-15-02 1
   RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Canadian_eh 03-15-02 2
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Java 03-15-02 3
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Survivorchick 03-15-02 4
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Mysterious Jedi 03-15-02 5
   RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Lisapooh 03-15-02 6
   RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... SherpaDave 03-15-02 14
 Awesome awesome awesome!! Lisapooh 03-15-02 7
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... moonbaby 03-15-02 8
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... true 03-15-02 9
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Greyhound Xpress 03-15-02 10
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... katem 03-15-02 11
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... s_man 03-15-02 12
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Alpengeist 03-15-02 13
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Tsunami 03-15-02 15
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... TeamJoisey 03-15-02 16
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... qwertypie 03-18-02 17
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... L82LIFE 03-19-02 18
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Ruthless 03-19-02 19
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Sheila 03-20-02 20
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Bebo 03-20-02 21
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... anotherkim 03-20-02 22
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Superman 03-22-02 23
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... Macska 03-25-02 24
   RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... SherpaDave 03-26-02 25
 RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twi... ivoryElephant 03-26-02 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-15-02, 02:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Wow, sherpie! What excellent work! If this is you on a block, I want to see what you can do on an "on day!" I loved the endless Wil jabs, and I also loved the Peach thing.

See? It wasn't so bad...

"I am slowly going crazy one two three four five six switch"

Canadian_eh 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-15-02, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canadian_eh Click to send private message to Canadian_eh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
>"I am slowly going crazy one
>two three four five six switch"

Slowly crazy am I going, five four three two one six switch!

Great summary! I agree, hopefully the editing clears up a bit as more teams are eliminated, it will definitely make the summary writing easier.

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-15-02, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Bravo Sherps! Definitely worth the wait. But damn you for the Bruckheimer (Whinny) suggestion...now it's all I can think about! (Wow, what huge knockers!)

Man, you should produce your own reality show. Ratings would be huge if we could watch Wil get repeatedly struck by lightening.

I have the urge to go out for a smoke now...

Goe Zoe!

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-15-02, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Dave! Sorry for reading this so late, but it was hilarious. I missed the first episode and needed to catch up. You rock at this. (I'm not sure about all those cigarette endorsements you managed to sneak in though - tsk tsk)

Mysterious Jedi 1043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-15-02, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mysterious%20Jedi Click to send private message to Mysterious%20Jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Great Summary Sherps! Loved the way you transformed the teams into brands of cigarettes! Pure genius!

I gotta be a little nitpicky here though, those boats are called "ferries", not "fairys". But, if you knew that already and did the little spelling trick in the name of comedy, then feel free to degrade me for being so ignorant.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
We have a pretty popular poster named Tinkerbell. Sherps was just giving her one of his patented shout outs.

03-15-02, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
When I actually have a job, I'm a ferry commuter, so yeah, I knew that. But thanks!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Awesome awesome awesome!!"
Some things are definitely worth the wait! Another kick ass sumary Sherps. Here's just a few of my many faves!!

>Even though David Duchovny
>is nowhere in sight, one
>of the teams is clearly
>comprised of two of the
>three Lone Gunmen, so we
>know the truth is out
>there.

>iCall me crazy, but
>something tells me we’re going
>to be reading something like
>“Former TAR Contestant Kills Ex-Wife”
>in a few years.

>What do old people
>smoke anyway? Oh, that’s right.
>They don’t. They’re all dead.

>AMERICAN
>AIRLINES has seats available on
>two planes. There is enough
>room on the first AMERICAN
>AIRLINES flight for seven of
>the teams. The other AMERICAN
>AIRLINES flight, leaving two hours
>later, can carry the other
>four teams. So check in
>at AMERICAN AIRLINES.

>The last time
>I saw this much skin
>being blurred out, it was
>on suspects’ faces on “COPS.”

>which is Spanish for AMERICAN
>AIRLINES.

>Tall and tan and young and
>leath’ry
>The hag with melanoma has lesions.

Too funny from top to bottom Sherps. Excellent job as always!

om mane padme dave

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
It's about dang time! hee hee heeee.....tons o fun to read, worth the WAIT, even.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Well Done Sherpa!

My favorite was the whole Blues Clues thing you had going..Baahahahahahahahah...

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

Greyhound Xpress 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-15-02, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Greyhound%20Xpress Click to send private message to Greyhound%20Xpress Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Serious guffawing at my end while reading your summary! I really believe I came close to dying over side splitting cramps than the grannies! I really enjoyed this and have to tell you it's one of the many reasons why I love watching this show. It's comments from people like you that just add to the stuff I see while actually watching the show. Anywho, thanks for that great synopsis and look forward to reading the next summary!

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-15-02, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
>When I read of this in
>TV Guide, I thought, “Ah,
>great. Just what America wants
>to see. A primer on
>how to evade airport security.
>I’m sure terrorists will be
>taking copious notes.” Fortunately however,
>they didn’t spend any time
>showing how the teams got
>around the cops. There
>is hope for CBS after
>all. Wil doesn’t see it
>that way, however, and accuses
>the cops of cheating. We’re
>not shown his assault of
>the police, but the trial
>is set for next week.
>
>So… what happens once they get
>to the statue? It cries!
>A miracle! Wait. No. The
>miracle is that the grannies
>didn’t really die on the
>stairs. Yay! The “Diagnosis Murder”
>demographic won’t abandon the show
>yet! Wil accuses the statue
>of cheating and God strikes
>him dead with a lightning
>bolt. Okay, not really. A
>guy can dream, can’t he?
>What really happens at the
>statue is that the teams
>find another red and yellow
>clue.
>
>Most of the teams arrive at
>Ilha Tours at about the
>same time. Tara calls Wil
>away from the window to
>look at some nifty souvenirs,
>which causes Wil to accuse
>Blake of cheating. Blake’s not
>having any of it, so
>Wil accuses Tara of cheating
>and causing the separation in
>the first place. God strikes
>him dead with lightning. Or
>at least He should.
>
>Wil and Tara reach the yacht
>first, wondering where everyone is.
>A guy in a green
>striped shirt named Steve informs
>them that they’re the first
>to arrive. Or at least
>that’s what should happen. Instead,
>some guy named Phil tells
>them. Wil accuses him of
>cheating.
>

Sherps, you think that Wilma has "conspiracy theory" on his mind
Very funny, very funny. Well done !!!!!!

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-15-02, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Cigarettes, Peaches, Fairies, Fat Maria, and God stricking Wil dead - now thats FUNNY stuff!!!

Alpengeist 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-15-02, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alpengeist Click to send private message to Alpengeist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
I love the hillarious stroke of genius!

Alp

"Jesus Christ, man!" - William Parcher
"I do have a savior complex, but its not him" - John Nash
Excerpt from "A Beautiful Mind"

Tsunami 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-15-02, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tsunami Click to send private message to Tsunami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Excellent summary! SOOOO much more entertaining than the real thing. Can't even pick a favorite part - it was all so good. Going back to read it again....

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-15-02, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
All very funny, of course ... but:

"I see dead people"

... And I'm laughing so hard my boss looks up.

Great work Sherp

You've set the bar for the rest of us.

TJ

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-02, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
OWWWWWW! The PAIN! THE PAIN! Damn you Sherpa Dave, I laughed so hard thinking of Steve Burns doing his special "You're the LOSERS, you've been eliminated" dance with Blue singing Bowwowwowow in the background that I snorted diet Coke up my nose. GAWD those bubbles hurt.
There is merit to the merging of Blue's Clues/TAR2
1) Since Steve has left BC, maybe he is looking for work and would consider this a good transition job -- he must realize that losing the BC stigma will take awhile.
2) My (night owl) daughter wouldn't be pestering me constantly during TAR2 to put her Blue's Clues videos on and I would actually get to hear what the contestants are saying.
WELL DONE!

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-02, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Sherps, you just reminded me why I didn't sign up to do any summaries. I could never measure up to your writing. Truly funny stuff. Thanks for putting it all together for us (and with more style than most of these teams!)

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-19-02, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Great summary, SherpaDave. I haven't seen an episode yet, and don't know if I ever will, so these summaries may be the only way I get to find out what happens.

If and when Australia gets to see TAR2, I will keep these summaries in mind when I'm watching.

Sheila 2069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-20-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheila Click to send private message to Sheila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Dave,

I forgot to reply to this wonderful summary!

I can only imagine how much the show sucks but this summary is AWESOME!

One problem: I now have a "Blue's Clues"/"Bad Boy" medley stuck in my head!
"Bad Dogs Bad Dogs Whatcha gonna do when they pawprint you?"

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-02, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
We are SO not worthy!!!! Woohoo!

I'm going to spend the rest of my afternoon whinnying and looking for blue paw prints thanks to you...

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-02, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
mmmmmmmm..., I don't even smoke and I want a ciggy. Good summary--I missed it last week. Nice job--what a hard thing to do--make those dynamic duos sound interesting.

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-22-02, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Please forgive the bump, but I'm just now getting around to the TAR summaries.

Hilarious summary, my friend. I've read it 18 times now. For some reason, it's frightfully...addictive? But don't worry, I can stop reading it any time I want.

Macska 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-25-02, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Macska Click to send private message to Macska Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
Nice job on the summary pal, but it's The 39 Steps (Hitchcock)! I really did enjoy your take on the show, though.

03-26-02, 00:04 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
D'oh! You're right, of course. Where the hell did I get 13?!

"Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that has." -- Margaret Meade

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-26-02, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Official Episode 1 Summary: Twice the TAR, None of the Nicotine"
I missed the first part of the last show.
Who were the people that overslept?

"I know I don't know you, and you're probably not what you seem, but I sure would like to find out so why don't you climb down of that TV screen"

Gina Crews, the Sole Survivor!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •