The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS "Where in the world will they travel" press release"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-12-02, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS "Where in the world will they travel" press release"
This was released last week, but I'm not sure if I remember seeing it posted anywhere, if so I'll lock this thread

WHERE IN THE WORLD WILL
"THE AMAZING RACE 3" TEAMS TRAVEL?

On Wednesday, October 2 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), 12 teams of two will begin their treacherous journey in Miami and quickly make their way to Mexico City. Some of the exotic and not-so-exotic places they will travel to are London, Scotland, Portugal, Morocco, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam. The race will conclude in an undisclosed location in the United States with only three teams remaining in the race to reach the finish line first.

The teams will trek approximately 41,000 miles around the world in 28 days. At every destination, each couple will have to compete in a series of challenges -- some mental and some physical -- and only when the tasks have been completed will they learn their next destination. Couples who are farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning $1 million.

For more information on THE AMAZING RACE 3 and new action pictures from the race, log on to www.cbspressexpress.com

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS "Where in the world will th... buckeyegirl 10-12-02 1
 Whoa Canada Girl 10-12-02 2
   RE: Whoa cmaybur 10-13-02 8
 My thoughts realitybites 10-13-02 3
   RE: My thoughts ulalame 10-14-02 11
 RE: CBS "Where in the world will th... Neobie 10-13-02 4
   RE: CBS "Where in the world will th... Skilinopia 10-13-02 6
       RE: CBS "Where in the world will th... Neobie 10-14-02 9
           RE: CBS "Where in the world will th... Skilinopia 10-14-02 10
 A warning? Canada Girl 10-13-02 5
   RE: A warning? SurvivorBlows 10-13-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-02, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS "Where in the world will they travel" press release"
Thanks for this great info! After living in Morocco, it should be very interesting to see where the teams go. Morocco should be a lot like India was in TAR1 for the teams with no cultural experience.

--I'm glad to see that there are some different locations this time around.

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-12-02, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Whoa"
Is this the first time they have posted everywhere the teams are going for a TAR race? I'm sort of shocked and horrified. What are we going to spoil about now???????

I am thrilled that they are going to England and Scotland though. I spent the summer of 2001 there so I'm already speculating on what they will have to do. Maybe climb the cliff to Edinburgh castle. Negotiate their way through rush hour Underground (subway) traffic in London... fun fun fun.

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-13-02, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Whoa"
<< Is this the first time they have posted everywhere the teams are going for a TAR race? I'm sort of shocked and horrified. >>

Before AR2 debuted, I read the article in TV Guide that listed Brazil, South Africa, Namibia, Thailand, and Hong Kong as destinations. The article also listed Bangladesh as a destination, which of course never came to pass. It wasn't until a little into the race that we learned the rest of destinations (Australia, etc.).

Chris

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-13-02, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "My thoughts"
* This is a very nice find, with destinations I had never seen mentioned anywhere. Thanks for sharing, SB.

* Including the US, the release lists 12 countries (counting England and Scotland as separate). This would be a new TAR record; TAR Classic had 9 and TAR2 had 8.

* The country list definitely skews not-so-exotic - only Morocco, Malaysia, and Vietnam are the kind of third-world countries we've grown to know and love.

* So, where's the cold weather destination? Is it going to be Alaska again??

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-14-02, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My thoughts"
>> * So, where's the cold weather destination? Is it going to be Alaska again?? <<

It could be in Germany, Austria or Swizterland -- the Alps have snowy conditions and glaciers, even if they are there in August.

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-02, 04:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS "Where in the world will they travel" press release"
Yes, yes, I am shocked and horrified too! My spoiling life just gone bust!

I suppose some of these locations are clumped together in an episode, like London/Scotland and Switzerland/Austria/Germany. (Crossing fingers.) Looks like they're going to spend a lot of time in Europe this time!

Singapore. Finally we have confirmation.

No! Don't tell us anything anymore CBS! You're spoiling our spoiling!

Skilinopia 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-13-02, 07:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Skilinopia Click to send private message to Skilinopia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS "Where in the world will they travel" press release"
I know I read this information from somewhere before and I did post this information somewhere before, but since I cannot find it on this spoiler board, I think I must have posted it somewhere else.

Anyway, regarding the stop over at Singapore, I guess it would be featured together with Malaysia on the episode. Since it was rumoured that it the teams did arrive on 31th August and that filiming started in July (right?) that means Singapore would be one of the last legs.

What would probably happen is that they would land in Malaysia, they would probably stop over at the Petronas Tower, the tallest building in the world. Next they would either fly, take a coach or drive down to Singapore. If they fly, it is would probably not make any difference. Because even if they did miss one flight, the next flight from KL to Singapore is an hour later.
If they go by coach and they get to choose their coach, the frequency of the coaches would be every hour at Nice ($37) (the old railway station) or the Pudu ($25) bus station which would be every half an hour. The choice of which coach they would take would make a difference. This is because of the existance of the "second link" and the "causeway". These are 2 highways accross the Straits of Johore that the teams would have to travel by. The only difference is that if the teams reach the border between Johore and Singapore between 5-8pm those travelling by the "Causeway" would be stuck in a Traffic jam for about 3-4 hours. In addition 31st of August is Malaysia national day and there would probably be a lot of traffic accross the "causeway". The route that the coach from Pudu takes is through the causeway. However, the coach from Nice goes through the "second link" which has absolutely no traffic problems at all. There is a possibility that the lost of hours that is due to being stuck in the traffic jam at the "causeway" could cause leading teams to lose their lead if the back teams take the 2nd link. Kudos to driving by the causeway or the second link.

Once in Singapore however, it should be dead easy. Language is no problem at all. The street are too well and detailed for any team to get lost. Exotic? Crowded? Compared to HongKing? Sorry but Singapore is too sterile, orderly and unchaotic. So the rest of the ride would be a breeze.

Hey Neobie where would they sent the teams to in Singapore? All the locations are jsut too tourist friendly!

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-02, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CBS "Where in the world will they travel" press release"
Singapore... Well... (Evil smirk on face)

A detour is a choice between two tasks, each with its own pros and cons. In this detour, teams have to choose between Fine Day and Rainy Day.

In Fine Day, teams have to engage in a local ritual of sitting in a coffeeshop, and running towards a parked car along the road nearby. Teams that beat the traffic police to the illegally parked car would get the next clue. Those that don't, will have to pay a fine and try again.

In Rainy Day, teams have to find any minister and complain about anything in Singapore. Any teams that endures the entire (one-sided) coversation would get the next clue. Teams might want to bring their umbrellas along. It could get wet.

For the roadblock... Hmm... You guys heard of durians? I personally don't go anywhere near them, even I am terrified! Would Eve cry again, if she survives?

Or, find one of the 7 merlions in the country. Yes, there are 7! But they are so often ignored they are almost non-existent...

That's all I can come up with now...

Skilinopia 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-14-02, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Skilinopia Click to send private message to Skilinopia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS "Where in the world will they travel" press release"
Well haha, but Neobie, no offense but I think your post is much better in the basher section.....at present But who knows maybe what you predict may come true! Anyway, Durians.......smells like heaven and taste like heaven....I don't think they will have to find the 7 merlions, too much of a hassel, but well we do already know that there would be a Temple, any idea which one? But the taxi drivers would probably know as usual

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-13-02, 05:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "A warning?"
I've been thinking more about this list, and realized that had I known in advance what this post was, I might have given it a miss. Maybe a clear warning that this is a very FULL list of destinations might help others who don't want to know.

Let me add to that, however, that I know this IS indeed the spoiler section, so if you feel it is appropriate Webby, please disregard this.

Thanks!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-02, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A warning?"
>that I know this IS
>indeed the spoiler section, so
>if you feel it is
>appropriate Webby, please disregard this.

1) It's the spoiler forum, I stand by the idea that I can only protect people from themselves so much -- if they don't want to know, then they shouldn't be here

2) I BARELY consider this to be a significant spoiler and fail to envision how knowing WHAT COUNTRIES -- not what sites, what actions, what order, how they'll get there, what they'll do when they get there, who will make it there, etc -- will have any practical effect on "ruining" the show for anyone.

-SB

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •