The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jake On Early Show...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-06-02, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jake On Early Show...."
Jake was on the Early Show, took calls and questions from the cast.....nothing special, they wouldn't shut up about the bugs (Jeni was also on with him talking), and Jake FINALLY told why he voted for Jan, he said that PENNY came up to him on the night she was voted out and said "We're voting for Jan tonight."....as for this past week, Jake said Jan was the only one who didn't seem interested in winning the game, and he felt the others who really wanted to win deserved the chance....and Jake can't figure out why he was stupid enough to not tell Ted about Clay and Brian's plan to direct votes towards him....no real spoiler value, Jake seemed like an extremely nice guy and no hard feelings for anyone, in fact he spoke highly of everyone.

2002 NFC North Champs

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jake On Early Show.... weltek 12-06-02 1
   RE: Jake On Early Show.... corcam 12-06-02 2
       RE: Jake On Early Show.... Brownroach 12-06-02 4
           RE: Jake On Early Show.... evilj9 12-06-02 5
               RE: Jake On Early Show.... Brownroach 12-06-02 8
 RE: Jake On Early Show.... sittem 12-06-02 3
   RE: Jake On Early Show.... Boilermaker 12-06-02 6
       RE: Jake On Early Show.... frisky 12-06-02 7
       RE: Jake On Early Show.... Brownroach 12-06-02 9
           RE: Jake On Early Show.... Boilermaker 12-06-02 10
               RE: Jake On Early Show.... Brownroach 12-06-02 12
           RE: Jake On Early Show.... toddE 12-06-02 11
               RE: Jake On Early Show.... frisky 12-06-02 14
           RE: Jake On Early Show.... LilNik8 12-06-02 18
       RE: Jake On Early Show.... LilNik8 12-06-02 17
   RE: Jake On Early Show.... PepeLePew13 12-06-02 19
 RE: Jake On Early Show.... Loree 12-06-02 13
   RE: Jake On Early Show.... ivoryElephant 12-06-02 15
   RE: Jake On Early Show.... Brownroach 12-06-02 16
   RE: Jake On Early Show.... PepeLePew13 12-06-02 20
 Jake's CBS Chat dabo 12-10-02 21
   RE: Jake's CBS Chat Loree 12-10-02 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-06-02, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
Spoiler value: "as for this past week, Jake said Jan was the only one who didn't seem interested in winning the game..."

We have a group of people, minus Jan, who respect the Survivor game and are out to win. Why keep someone around who obviously isn't interested in winning the game? If it was obvious to Jake, it was probably obvious to everyone else.

And it helps my theory that Jan goes next.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-06-02, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."

Also what I thought was really interesting is the fact that he was saying something about her wanting to make the jury and he said that she accomplished that... then it was almost like they cut him off with music and ended the session.

So does this mean that she was voted out in the next few weeks or does it mean that she made it to the jury as in past episode 7????

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-02, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
>>or does it mean that she made it to the jury as in past episode 7????<,

This is what he meant. At this point in the game she would automatically wind up on the jury at the very least, which was her only *stated* goal to Jake.

evilj9 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-06-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail evilj9 Click to send private message to evilj9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
No disrespect, but if she made the final two then she wouldn't be on the jury. I think he slipped with his comment.

Besides, if he knew that her main goal was to make the jury, don't you think CG knew that? I don't think for one second that Jan doesn't realize that she is the next to got. She knew she was the next to go prior to the whole Ghandia incident. I think she's happy with the time she's been there and won't take it badly to be the next to go.

12-06-02, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
evilj9, no disrespect taken, and I don't mean any in return, but I must disagree. I don't know if you saw the Early Show, but I did, and this was not a slip of any sort.

Jake said that in his conversation(s) with Jan about the game, she only talked about making the jury, she never talked about winning. The implication was that in Jake's conversations with the other Chuays, they all said things to indicate they had their eye on the Final 2, but Jan never did, so Jake felt maybe it wasn't as important to her as to the others.

I'd take someone saying "I want to make the jury" to mean they want to make the Final 9, i.e. the jury *at least*. At the time Jake cast his vote against Jan, she had already accomplished her stated wish to attain *at least* jury status. But this was not a spoiler that she doesn't make Final 2.

In any event, Jake said that was only the secondary reason he voted for Jan; the first was because Penny told him that "we're (she and others?) going to vote for Jan."

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-06-02, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
Thanks ejm - I was going to ask this morning why Jake had cast those two votes for Jan.

Now it looks like Helen is the swing vote and probably ends up going with B/C. That means Jan goes next as she's unlikely in any circumstance to win immunity. Then, Ted is odd man out and it's left to B/C/H where Helen loses in the last IC and Clay or Brian chooses the other. In that scenario I can't see how Clay wins unless Sookies see Brian as the man behind the curtain pulling all the strings and blame him. I just can't see how Jake votes FOR Clay at the end and Jake must wield some influence on the Jury with the Sookies. I'd have to think it'd almost be a clean sweep for Brian IF the Chewies on the jury respect his game playing over his backstabbing. Can't wait to see what Helen has to say on the jury about Brian. Her intensity COULD make for some interesting comments as she'll be bitterly disappointed about not making the final two. Of course, Brian gets her vote if Clay wins IC and chooses Brian. I guess that's the most likely scenario.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-06-02, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
Before this episode I felt that Clay would probably get a few votes for the million from Sook Jai if he made the finals. Know I am not sure. He definitely will not get Jake's vote. Could Jake influence the rest of his tribe against Clay as well?

My new though is that Brian needs Clay in the finals with him to guarantee himself a victory. Could he win against Helen, Jan or Ted? Sure. But Clay is a sure thing.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-02, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
Actually, apart from the blowup at the beginning of the show, I saw some camaradie between Jake and Clay at several points throughout the episode.

Clay's vote speech made me think they had patched things up. "let bygones be bygones...we're too close of neighbours to be enemies" etc. Then the friendly smiles as Jake left.

I think there was a kiss and make up session that MB "forgot" to show us.

I wouldn't say that Jake will not give the million to Clay. I think it depends on who is competition is in the final two. MB hasn't shown us much about Brian's relationship with Jake. I wonder why? Hmmm...

12-06-02, 12:48 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
>>My new though is that Brian needs Clay in the finals with him to guarantee himself a victory.<<

Well, if Brian didn't realize it before, Helen certainly made it clear to him last night that Clay is his best Final 2 matchup. Poor Helen, she did so many foolish things yesterday. She should have paid attention to her husband (I mean, to what he said).

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-06-02, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
My thought is that Jake wouldn't give Clay the million because 1) the blowup and 2) his perceived notion that Clay is lazy. Although they might have gotten along better as the episode went on, I still think there is a rift there and a lack of respect for each other.

Brownroach - I think Helen was foolish last night and could have placed her head square on the chopping block for next week. She started her kick Clay off strategy too early. Now Brian has time to discuss this with Clay if he feels this is in his own best interest and start counterstrategizing.

Brian's best move is to let Helen do the grunt work if she wants to kick out Clay. If the coup works he has an even stronger alliance with Helen and Ted, since Ted is worried that Brian might have a stronger alliance with Clay than himself. If it fails he can have a reason to vote off Helen (or have her voted off) that might not alienate her
vote for him in the finals.

12-06-02, 01:50 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-02 AT 01:51 PM (EST)

>>I think Helen was foolish last night and could have placed her head square on the chopping block for next week.<<

Boilermaker, I thought the exact same thing -- that she was making a dangerous move and maybe setting herself up to be axed next.

Don't any of these people notice that when they talk "strategy" with Brian, he never says anything concrete about...anything? LOL

And I agree, I don't think Jake will vote for Clay to win (I'm wondering if anyone will, actually).

**edited to fix typo

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-06-02, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
No kidding, she seems intelligent, but behaves so stupidly. Her hubby told her what she needed to do, but she refuses to do it. She is a moron and deserves to get booted.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-02, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
Agree. Again, we see people playing the "integrity" card on a reality TV show. Booooooorrrrrrrrinnnnnnggggg.

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-06-02, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
>>>My new though is that Brian needs Clay in the finals with him to guarantee himself a victory.<<
>
>Well, if Brian didn't realize it
>before, Helen certainly made it
>clear to him last night
>that Clay is his best
>Final 2 matchup.
>Poor Helen, she did so
>many foolish things yesterday.
> She should have paid
>attention to her husband (I
>mean, to what he said).
>

I agree. This was the episode where she needed to forget that Jake was a SJ, round up him and Jan (and Ted if she could swing it...if not, then go for the 3-3 tie) and vote for Clay. Im not sure how tie breakers go this season but that would have at least given her a chance to get to the final 2. After she knocked off Clay, she could do brian and then jake.

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-06-02, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
>Before this episode I felt that
>My new though is that Brian
>needs Clay in the finals
>with him to guarantee himself
>a victory. Could he win
>against Helen, Jan or Ted?
>Sure. But Clay is a
>sure thing.

I thought that he needed Clay from the jump to win. BUT I don't see how he could def. win against Helen, Jan or Ted. Besides her annoying arse receipes, Helen basically never did anything to anyone. No backstabbing, no broken promises, nothing. I mean she was a little overbearing at the beginning, but that's about it. Why couldn't she win again Brian?

Jan's a little freaky with her animal cemetary, the fact that she can't hold her liquor, and some of her weird actions, but what has she ever done seriously wrong? Nothing. Why couldn't she win against Brian.

Now Ted has that whole Ghandia thing which I don't believe the Four Sook Jai Jury Members know about. Other then that, the only thing they could hold him to is that he's supposedly lazy. How many times have we seen people vote for someone they disliked due to a small reason over someone they disliked due to a big reason? I don't think that the SJ care for Brian that much and I can see them voting for Ted out of spite.

But like you said, Clay's a sure thing.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-02, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."

>Now it looks like Helen is the swing vote and probably
>ends up going with B/C. That means Jan goes next as
>she's unlikely in any circumstance to win immunity.

To me, JAN is the swing vote. The other four know that Jan isn't an immunity threat in any physical competition and they are probably expecting that the F3 IC will be an endurance competition (with the Fallen Comrades one being in F4).

I see Ted and Helen thinking they could be in one alliance with Brian (as per the BHT sand scrawling) and Clay being out of the loop. I think that Brian probably thinks of Clay as a potential running mate for F2 due to his politically-incorrect crudeness, and I can see Brian thinking that he needs to pull Jan over to maintain control of the game -- so he'll tell Jan that they (B/C/Jan) have to go after Helen (since spoilers suggest that Jan is aligned with Ted) and that if Jan won't go for Helen, she will be the next bootee. I'm sure Jan would chomp down on the bait in order to save herself.

I realize this is heavy speculation but the above scenario would support the potential spoilers of Brian and Clay finishing in the final two, Ted and Jan being aligned and makes sense of the BHT sand scrawling. The one spoiler that wouldn't work is the Helen's hubby "She didn't come here to finish third" comment.

Go ahead, tear apart my speculation... anyone?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-02, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
I watched The Early Show. And I was upset they kept harping on who Jake picked for his tribe and if he would have picked different. Then the first caller asks the exact same question. Then they again asked him if he would pick Penny the next time. Enough with that same line of questioning.

I don't remember the exact wording because I didn't tape it. But something Jake said about Clay makes me think Clay will not win. They were asking Jake about the fact Clay got on his case about his TC speech. Then Jake made a comment about it coming back to haunt Clay. Does this meant Clay gets voted off next, or that he loses the final vote? It sure didn't sound like something Jake would say about the winner.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-06-02, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
Regarding whether Jan makes the jury or not...

from the chat just seconds ago...

TinaFan: Jake, this morning I saw you on the Early Show. and you let it slip that Jan was on the jury. How much trouble are you in?
Survivor Jake: I think you misunderstood what I said. Having made it past that point in the game Jan was already at the stage where she was going to be either a jury member or a finalist. So, She'd already achieved her goal.

"I got a kiss from Clay Jordan, oh my god am I queen for a day" - Helen Glover

12-06-02, 03:45 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."
I think he meant he hoped it would come back to haunt Clay at the TC vote last night. I don't remember his exact words, but I seem to remember he said "but it didn't" or something like that at the end. We'll have to check the transcript when it's posted.

Which is not to say it won't come back to haunt Clay at the Final 2 vote -- after all, Jake is on the jury.

And I totally agree, Loree, that it was infuriating how they would not shut up about his Sook Jai tribal picks. He wasn't asked a single question about his impressions of the Chuays still in the game.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-02, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jake On Early Show...."

>But something Jake said about Clay makes me think
>Clay will not win. They were asking Jake about
>the fact Clay got on his case about his TC
>speech. Then Jake made a comment about it coming
>back to haunt Clay. Does this meant Clay gets
>voted off next, or that he loses the final vote?
>It sure didn't sound like something Jake would say
>about the winner.

Let's not forget that nobody knows who's the winner as the votes are sealed (or at least I haven't heard any annoucements of a potential change in the final voting system). I think that this IS indicative of Clay annoying his tribemates enough to practically guarantee that anyone who opposes him in the final two -- I'm a believer in the Brian/Clay F2 spoiler -- will win. Jake likely has told Ken, Penny and Erin of Clay's comments post-TC and we know about Helen's anti-Clay sentiments as I'm thinking she goes next. That stacks the deck totally against Clay in the final vote assuming he makes it that far.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-02, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Jake's CBS Chat"
cutted and pasted from the locked thread --

Jake Billingsly's CBS.COM chat on 12/06/02 follows. Transcription by Seftor on VOTEDOFF.TV.
BY SNN
Friday, December 6, 2002
Q: Jake, you did great in making it to the jury, but you didn't win the big prize. Is there anything you wished you had done differently?
A: Absolutely, I think there's something that I would have done differently, that is told Ted that it was Clay who told me that the tribe was thinking about voting Ted off. I did not reveal that to him and I wish I had.

Q: Jake, would you have chosen your tribe differently if you had it to do over?
A: Absolutely not! I loved my tribe, I loved all the players on my tribe. It was my dream team! They were all athletes, they were all wonderful people. I wouldn't have chose differently at all.

Q: Jake, were you surprised at Brian's comments when he was at the voting booth?
A: *laughs* Nothing about Brian surprised me very much. I really like Brian very much, but when he makes a comment, it's sort of like a politician. He can make a comment that goes in a circle. It never says anything but he makes you think he said something! So, I hear the comment but I never knew what it meant! *laughs* Typical Brian.

Q: Jake, was Jan really as wacky as she seemed to be on the show.
A: I thought Jan was a sweetheart. Jan was a real likeable person that I really grew attached to as the show went on. I didn't find her wacky a bit ... just interesting.

Q: Jake, was anything in Jan's cemetery besides Lucky and Oliver?
A: Quite frankly, I never saw that cemetery and I didn't know that the cemetery was even there until I saw it on one of the airings. She didn't share that cemetery with me.

Q: Who surprised you the most while watching the show?
A: I think probably the biggest surprise I had was when Penny not only snuffed out my flame, but voted against me. That surprised me. I'm also not the first guy in the history of the world to have his flame snuffed out by a beautiful girl.

Q: Who do you think Ken and yourself had a tighter bond with, between Penny, Erin, and SA?
A: That's a really good question. Until the flame snuffing incident, I would have thought it'd have been Penny, but looking back on it, it had to have been Erin.

Q: What did you think of the whole SA vs. Penny thing?
A: Boy, what a good question! I never could get to the bottom of what started that or what it was about. For some reason, they just didn't seem to care for one another and it was almost like a cat fight! I really don't have any idea -- I loved 'em both.

Q: Jake, are Clay and Ted as lazy as Ghandia said they were?
A: I really don't know what Ghandia said about him -- I don't remember what she said, but I thought they were both pretty lazy. I thought Clay was probably the laziest of all the survivors that I dealt with the entire time I was there. But, on the other hand, he's still on the show and I'm gone, so he obviously did something right! Or I did something wrong ...!

Q: Jake, this morning I saw you on the Early Show, and you let it slip that Jan was on the jury. How much trouble are you in?
A: I think you misunderstood what I said. Having made it past that point in the game, Jan was already at the stage where she was going to be either a jury member or a finalist. So, she'd already achieved her goal.

Q: Did you get to see your wife right after you were voted off?
A: No, I didn't see my wife until I got back to Dallas, Texas.

Q: Jake, I just wanted to tell you that I now believe in love, after seeing you with Jenny last night.
A: Wow! Well, it's certainly there and I'm glad that it's apparent to everybody. We have a special relationship.

Q: Did your wife happen to mention which was the worst of the "delicacies" that she had to eat? My family and I were rooting for her!
A: Thank you for rooting for her! *laughs* I certainly was too. The bug she hated the most was that big water bug and that's because it was real juicy! And reminded her of a big ol' roach!

Q: What did your wife feel about the diary you wrote everyday on the island?
A: She loved it! I wrote the diary with a ton of emotion and when she read it, she felt the emotion that I had at the time. In fact, believe it or not, I read part of it to her and we cried together.

Q: What kind of things did you do to pass time on the island?
A: Boiled water, searched for food, paddled the canoe, and went around the other islands and not because I wanted to, but I listened to FAR too many recipes!

Q: Did you ever confront Penny about when she betrayed your alliance?
A: I didn't have to confront Penny about it. Penny confronted me and told me what happened. She felt terrible about it, she felt terrible that she believed Clay over me. Clay was playing the game extremely well and he was telling her that I was saying bad things about her to him and to other members of his tribe which was a TOTAL lie. But Penny didn't know what to believe and she is one heck of a competitor and certainly wanted to win the game. Her competitiveness is one of the reasons I picked her for my tribe in the beginning. I absolutely love Penny. I think she's a wonderful young lady and I absolutely have no animosity towards her whatsoever. She played the game as best she could and I love her to death -- that's all there is to it!

Q: Would you accept and offer from Playgirl?
A: *laughs* What would my nine grandchildren think??? BUT! thank you for the kudos!

Q: How was Penny's wedding?
A: Penny's wedding was incredibly beautiful. She was an absolutely gorgeous bride and her new husband Matt is an incredible man! We had a great time there and I'm really glad that I went.

Q: I hated when Ted was rolling his eyes at you when you were telling the truth. It definitely turned me off with him. How do you feel about Ted?
A: Ted had been in the game with his people for 18 days before I got there. I walk into camp and and start trying to form alliances with CG. While I was telling him the truth, I understand why he would be very, very skeptical. Ted's an interesting fell and I like him a lot. I'm sure with the experience we had together, we'll be friends for the rest of our life.

Q: What was behind your strategy of aligning with all the women?
A: In competitive situations, I've always found men to try to intimidate and be less truthful. What I planned to do in my strategy with the men was to find that guy that was not superficial and align with him and I did that with Ken. With women, I like the fact that women can get emotional about things, so normally you understand where you really stand with a woman, and I had planned on taking the strongest woman that I found with me in the final round ... and obviously that didn't happen.

Q: Jake, you had a real Indiana Jones vibe going for you, would you ever consider a career in the entertainment industry?
A: Absolutely! I wouldn't rule anything out. I'm an adventurer, I love adventure, and now I'm lookin' for my next adventure! *laughs*

Q: What were the other luxury items you thought about bringing?
A: Well, I asked for things they wouldn't let me have at all -- survival things: a leatherman tool, 200' of parachute cord, a roll of duct tape ... but I didn't get any of it! It quickly became apparent to me that I wasn't going to get anything that was going to help me survive and because I love to write so much, I chose the journal and pen.

Q: Jake, now that you and Ken are gone, is it hard to find someone to cheer for?
A: Absolutely it is! While I liked the people on CG, I LOVED the people on SJ. At this point in the game, if I pull for anyone, it would probably be Helen.

Q: I get grouchy when I'm hungry or tired. How did you remain cool for 33 days!?
A: Well, first I won't say that I didn't get grouchy and tired, but food never has meant that much to me. Water on the other hand has. I think I was grouchier from having to drink hot water than I was from lack of food.

Q: Why did you vote off Erin after she comforted you in the loss in the snorkel challenge?
A: That was the most emotional decision that I'd ever made. I absolutely love Erin. She's a real sweetheart, a wonderful girl. She thought I lied to her. In the cave she said "I'm going to vote for Ken, right???" and I nodded and said "I understand". I knew she thought that I was going to vote for Ken and that bothered me SO much I had a little tribal meeting and asked everyone if they wanted to know if they were the person who was going to go that night. Erin didn't want to know ... or she thought she already knew. In any event, that was one of the most emotional things I've ever been through. I don't know whether it was harder to actually vote for her or watch that episode where we voted her off. Erin is a sweetheart and I know she would have been loyal to me.

Q: Jake, if you real threat was clay, why then did you vote for Jan?
A: I voted for Jan last night because she had already told me that her only goal was to make it to the jury. That's ALL she wanted from the game -- to make it to the jury. Since we were at that point in the game where she'd already made it to the jury had she been voted off, I felt very comfortable voting for her since she had reached her objective.

Q: How important was it for you to remain true to people, instead of say, backstabbing?
A: Thank you for the compliment. I played the game the way I live my life -- with respect for other people. My value system never changed in the game and it never will. I both love and respect people.

Q: Jake, early on in the game, Sook Jai was winning all of the challenges. Later on, Sook Jai started losing most of the challenges. What was the major factor in the reversal of fortune?
A: That's a great question and I've pondered it ever since the game started and quite frankly, I don't think I know the answer to it! Obviously, we made some mistakes in the people that we voted off of our tribe and the other team just seemed to get a little better as the game progressed. And maybe we got a little too comfortable in our ability so that we didn't try quite as hard. But I really don't know the answer.

Q: Did you ever regret killing a chicken?
A: When you're hungry, you'll do a lot of things. Chickens are to give eggs or provide meat -- that's what they're for. I don't regret killing the chicken. I do regret killing them on national television. *laughs*

Q: Did you review any of the previous Survivor series? If so, who was your inspiration to try out for Survivor? And why did you want to be on survivor?
A: That's a real easy question -- Michael Skupin. I thought he was the greatest survivor and my inspiration. But Michael made a statement that anybody over fifty would have a very, very hard time competing in the physical challenges and that statement REALLY set my competitive juices flowing, and that's when I decided not only was I going to try out for the game -- I was going to get on it! I'm a senior, but I don't feel like a senior ... *laughs* ... that's only an age.

Q: Jake, what of the challenges did you enjoy the most? Which was the most difficult for you?
A: I thought carrying that 250 pound dummy around that island and over the top of it was one of the hardest things I'd ever been involved in. I was totally dehydrated, and man, was it hot that day! The one I enjoyed the most was the one where Penny threw the ball like a slingshot. I probably enjoyed it the most because I loved the feast we had after we won it! And because I was really proud of Robb that day.

Q: Jake, in your goodbye speech, you said "a door gets opened" ... what "doors" have been opened for you because of survivor?
A: That's a great question! Survivor fans are probably the best fans in the world. I've had an opportunity to meet so many and share my experiences with them. That's really special. What other doors will open in the future, I don't know, but I sure am anxious to walk through them when they open.

Q: Any final comments for the Survivor fans?
A: Thank you for being survivor fans! Like I said before, I was a survivor fan LONG before I became a survivor and being able to share my experiences with you wonderful fans has been the highlight of my experience. Maybe I didn't win the million dollars, but I certainly have a lot of new friends, and I don't know how you put a value on that.

Spidey's reply:

Q: Did you ever confront Penny about when she betrayed your alliance?
A: I didn't have to confront Penny about it. Penny confronted me and told me what happened. She felt terrible about it, she felt terrible that she believed Clay over me. Clay was playing the game extremely well and he was telling her that I was saying bad things about her to him and to other members of his tribe which was a TOTAL lie. But Penny didn't know what to believe and she is one heck of a competitor and certainly wanted to win the game. Her competitiveness is one of the reasons I picked her for my tribe in the beginning. I absolutely love Penny. I think she's a wonderful young lady and I absolutely have no animosity towards her whatsoever. She played the game as best she could and I love her to death -- that's all there is to it!
Looks like Clay might not get Penny's jury vote after all...

Seyz' reply:

It looks like Clay is screwed no matter what.
He'll be lucky to get even one vote if he makes it to the final 2. Helen and Ted already hold some animosity towards Clay, esp. Helen.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-02, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jake's CBS Chat"
Well the fact that Jake freely said he is hoping for Helen to win of the 5 that probably means she doesn't win. None of the voted off survivors usually mention rooting for the ulitimate winner.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •