The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Happily married = loser"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-04-02, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Happily married = loser"
Now that I have your attention... I've noted before how poorly the female teams have done so far, but I had overlooked that the happily married (i.e. not separated) teams had done, on average, almost as poorly.

Last season we had Matt & Ana, who were the first to leave; and Dave & Margaretta, who exited fourth.

This season Hope & Norm were the second ones out, with Cyndi & Russell being fifth on the plane to Loser Island.

My take is that their poor performance is mostly due to luck, with a little bit due to casting, and a bit due to the fact that married people tend to have more distractions.

But as always, I am willing to hear other opinions on the matter.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Happily married = loser cmaybur 04-04-02 1
   RE: Happily married = loser managerr 04-04-02 2
       RE: Happily married = loser smiles 04-04-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-04-02, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Happily married = loser"
I'm not sure that married couples tend to do worse than other pairs do. I would think that married couples would have less baggage than dating couples, and I find it very interesting that the producers cast no dating couples in the second race.

Last time, Paul/Amie and Lenny/Karyn squabbled and bickered their way across three continents before finally being put out of their (and our) misery.

Dave/Margaretta, on the other hand, were never shown argueing or squabbling with anyone.

Matt/Ana, if I remember right, were behind right from the start and never made up the time, especially when he chose to drive around lost in the African jungle rather than stop and ask for directions.

Russell/Cyndi made a good team, and I don't think their elimination had anything to do with problems between them; rather just dumb luck and poor decision-making in Bangkok.

Hope/Norm got so little screen time that I can't even remember what their problem was.

It seems to me that the teams who tend to do the best are the friends who have no relationship issues to deal with, rather than couples who are dating or family members.

Chris

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-04-02, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Happily married = loser"
One thing all the happily married couples have had in common this show is that they seem like they all have non-competitive attitudes. That seems to be a difference in this game. Maybe it's because their older or they realize there are things more important than winning a race, but they don't seem to have that fire and drive like some of the other ones do.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-04-02, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Happily married = loser"
Maybe it's because their older or they realize there are things more important than winning a race, but they don't seem to have that fire and drive like some of the other ones do.

I agree. I think the happily married couples are there mostly for the experience and a free trip. The younger couples that need the money seem to have more fire and drive. With the exception of Rob and Brennon. R&B wanted to win, but they didn't need the money.

smiles

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •