The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-05-02, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
I'm creating this topic for the discussion of all the possible clues in Episode 4.

Then maybe at some point we can update survivorscott's excellent below clue summary listing with this new information

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID11/291.shtml

Anyone want to get started?

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... survivormitsx 06-05-02 1
 RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... heymikey 06-05-02 2
   RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... magic_star 06-05-02 3
       RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... LindaBushyager 06-05-02 4
       RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... kurinin88 06-08-02 51
 RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... clemsonbeav 06-05-02 5
   RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... Jims02 06-05-02 6
       More on Villa Trento... clemsonbeav 06-05-02 7
       RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... Kokoro 06-06-02 33
           RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... clemsonbeav 06-06-02 37
           RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... Jims02 06-06-02 41
   RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... Kokoro 06-06-02 32
 RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... MatineeIdol 06-05-02 8
   RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... starshyn99 06-06-02 40
 RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... performanz 06-05-02 9
 Its bigfatuglyKatie shakes the clown 06-05-02 10
   RE: Its bigfatuglyKatie RonnieHR 06-05-02 14
       RE: Its bigfatuglyKatie shakes the clown 06-05-02 20
 Why Katie is the Mole ihavturtlduvluv 06-05-02 11
   RE: Why Katie is the Mole Femme 06-05-02 13
   RE: Why Katie is the Mole Supergrrl 06-05-02 15
       RE: Why Katie is the Mole survivorscott 06-05-02 19
       RE: Why Katie is the Mole BaquaR13 06-05-02 23
   RE: Why Katie is the Mole Jims02 06-05-02 16
       RE: Why Katie is the Mole ihavturtlduvluv 06-05-02 17
           RE: Why Katie is the Mole Jims02 06-05-02 18
           I'll referee Bebo 06-06-02 31
           RE: Why Katie is the Mole Kokoro 06-06-02 34
           RE: Why Katie is the Mole pabby 06-07-02 42
   The torn diary pages katem 06-05-02 26
   RE: Why Katie is the Mole juggdishseuss 06-06-02 39
       RE: Why Katie is the Mole Supergrrl 06-07-02 45
   RE: Why Katie is the Mole ginny9577 06-08-02 50
 RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... Silvergirl1 06-05-02 12
   RE: Discussion of possible Episode ... Sophie 06-05-02 21
   MYRA "Mrs. UTR" Jims02 06-08-02 49
       RE: MYRA "Mrs. UTR" BaquaR13 06-09-02 52
           Coalitions! Jims02 06-09-02 53
               RE: Coalitions! blemer 06-10-02 54
                   RE: Coalitions! Jims02 06-10-02 55
                       RE: Coalitions! blemer 06-10-02 56
                   RE: Coalitions! pabby 06-10-02 60
 Heather Seyz 06-05-02 22
   RE: Heather BaquaR13 06-05-02 24
   RE: Heather clemsonbeav 06-05-02 25
       RE: Heather Jims02 06-05-02 27
           RE: Heather clemsonbeav 06-06-02 29
   RE: Heather Kokoro 06-06-02 35
   RE: Heather pabby 06-07-02 43
       RE: Heather Supergrrl 06-07-02 46
           RE: Heather juggdishseuss 06-07-02 47
 2 Shots of Rob (please help me figu... olsonn 06-05-02 28
 Katie Clue from previous ep? weltek 06-06-02 30
   RE: Katie Clue from previous ep? Mysterious Jedi 06-06-02 36
       RE: Katie Clue from previous ep? Kokoro 06-06-02 38
 I think the "clue" pointed to Al hardbody 06-07-02 44
   RE: I think the "clue" pointed to A... juggdishseuss 06-07-02 48
       RE: I think the "clue" pointed to A... Bebo 06-10-02 57
           RE: I think the "clue" pointed to A... Kokoro 06-11-02 62
               RE: I think the "clue" pointed to A... Bebo 06-12-02 63
 "Favourite colour" comment cyclehausen 06-10-02 58
   RE: "Favourite colour" comment pabby 06-10-02 59
       RE: "Favourite colour" comment juggdishseuss 06-10-02 61

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-05-02, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
Apparantly me and SB posted the things at the same exact time, so i just moved whatever i said over here to the proper thread:

I am just gonna start this thread because i didn't see it started. Well the most obvious one was when they were eating dinner they showed the ceiling with a huge mural on it twice for long segments of time. What was in the middle? Was it another zodiac thing? Maybe someone else can tell. I am going to review my tapes...
Another thing which needs to be mentioned is how Dorothy *guessed* those last two answers without even talking with anyone about it...and remember in episode 2 she just felt the sudden need to jump for that last piece of cake? It is going to become a popular think with her methinks...
Also, I think another telling thing is to watch the contestant's reactions as their names are called, who is confident and who is relieved. If anyone surprised me it was Elavia. She was calm and I got this vibe of confidence from her, like she had no doubt in her mind she was staying. If anyone knows who the mole is, its Elavia.
Something also worth mentioning is that Darwin is out of an alliance, and a new coallition of Katie, Heather, and possibly Bribs is being formed. If they are all going to be continuing on the same wavelengths, then you could possibly count on thse 3 systematically knocking out all the players until they and the mole remain.
Some players still seem completely under the radar: Myra and Heather and Rob. In some cases of the episode they are both center people but end up not getting too much of time focused on them.
Just some thoughts...add what you would like.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-05-02, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-02 AT 03:57 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-06-02 AT 01:21 AM (EST)

I got this from another website. It's pretty intriguing.

This clue came from the phone number listed on the telegram. I got this picture from the website.

If the image above isn't showing, click
here.

If you look at the pic, the telephone number (without the zeroes since 0 doesn't represent any letter on the phone pad) descrambles into "THE MOLE IS BILL".

So, what do you guys think?

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-05-02, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
You have now changed my mole pick to bill.I think this was definitely the clue.But I guess Patrick couldn't figure it out if it was the clue.

LindaBushyager 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-05-02, 03:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LindaBushyager Click to send private message to LindaBushyager Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-02 AT 01:22 AM (EST)

I'm torn between Bill and Dorothy. But after rewatching the show I noticed they zoomed in on a sign for a hat shop - with a picture of a hat. It looked a lot like the hat the Dorothy wore in the episode. Also there was the fact that she was quick to grab that extra piece of cake and also seemed to pull the answers to the quiz in this episode out of the air (especially the 90). Except for the "BANE" Bill hasn't been especially suspicious. Also that "D" flashing in Episode 1 seemed a big clue. Also Dorothy was one of the first to form an alliance with other players. Lisa roomed with Dorothy and probably did not think she was the Mole and Lisa was executed - her suspicions were on someone else.

What about the hat clue? No one seems to be discussing it.
(Sorry I didn't write down the name of the sign - but there was
a closeup of it and no apparent reason to show it - therefore
it must have been a clue!?).

kurinin88 21 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-02, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kurinin88 Click to send private message to kurinin88 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
Hi! I'm new and have no idea where I should link my posts too, so I'll just stick it here

It's very easy to change your picks around isn't it? I've been bouncing back and forth from Bill and Rob ... sometimes even Bribs...

Here is one thought though that I think we might have to be careful of: last year a lot of us missed the blantand clues at Kathryn because we did not know that clues were going to be placed in the episodes. However, this year, they keep harping on the hidden clues- a smart tactic to make us watch the whole show and even go to lengths to tape it and analyze stills for hidden messages-

I have been "guilty" of doing the same as other people with the number deciphering, etc.- however, alphabet coding could either be the key- eg. an actual clue or way to find out who the mole is- or nothing at all - eg. a whole lot of coincidences.

What I mean is that hiding clues in numbers is pretty easy, - it is the first thing many people think of, as are possibly blinking letters in the intro etc. and the producers of the show could just be throwing those in as red herrings.

The phone number "clue" is very clever- however, what about the 00's- they could be deciphered as "OR" ???

Also, looking at people desparate for exemptions might not be a viable clues either- the mole might want to get exemptions to make them look like a normal player, ie. Dorothy and Katie. I think last year Kathryn tried to get an exemption too- but I can't remember that far back
... Rob and Bill saying that they don't want exemptions is kinda thought provoking though... trying to make themselves look like the mole? are the mole so they don't need them? know that weaker players will get them so the stronger ones get eliminated first????

Well, I've probably responded to too many posts all in one, so I better stop cause I'm probably not ahead...

I just can't stop wondering if we should be hunting for difficult to find clues - some scenarios:
1. we think that they will try to make them hard because year one's clues weren't hard, so then mole 2 clues should be harder to find
2. they hide easy ones either thinking that viewers aren't that smart -side note: boy those teasers were stupid!
3. they hide easy ones because we're TOO smart and therefore dismiss the easy and blatant ones as red herrings...

.... oh no! I've confused myself!

K

Parting shots as I can't help myself...

-why so much green?
-did anyone else notice the "d" in one million dollars at the beginning of some epi's flashes? (1 & 4) .... ah more numbers to further confuse my poor head!
-should we bother going to the site and studying all the info they give on each player, or should the info they provide in the episodes themselves be enough for us to solve who it is?
-if I were the mole I would lay low and not take an in charge role just yet, that would make me a target as would be ruining so many challenges in the beginning... although that might be normal logic and the non-moles might conclude that the player is trying to make him/herself appear as the game ruining mole and so the player isn't the mole at all and is just trying to deflect votes... but then the mole might think that the players will think of the deflecting scheme and then will conclude that the blantant game ruining would be a safe role to hide in... brain melting!!!!!!!!!! Now I know that people won't bother to read what I said for sure!... Kathryn laid low in the beginning- that either means that this years mole would either do the same or be the opposite... this solves nothing!

When the Mr. Pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.

clemsonbeav 4204 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-05-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
Another clue to Bill being the mole...

While fixing the flat tire, Al said that Bill "left an ass print" in the car. Could this mean that wherever he goes, he always leaves his mark?

Other possible clues:

What was the statue that was panned by the camera as the team is going into Villa Trento? It looked like it was originally holding something, but it's hand was empty. Anyone have any info on it, or would like to expound?

Another statue: As the Smart Players are approaching the building, a statue of a head above the door is shown. The head, with it's mouth open, looks very much like a pig with an apple in it's mouth to me. Bill is the only "pig" on the show if you know what I mean. Hehehe.

I don't think Dorothy's figuring our the "mistrustfulness" was Mole-like behavior. I do word scrambles all the time, and a word may stump me, and then all of a sudden, the solution just pops out at me. But Dorothy is still a suspect.

Also on that brainteaser...the letter E is the only letter out of place in the sequence of letters. Why? Is that the clue leaning towards Elavia? There are 15 letters in the word "mistrustfulness", and there are 15 players on the shoe (14 contestants and Anderson). "E" is the only one that doesn't flow with the rest.

Those brainteasters were super easy! I think that P/M/K are truly dumb!

What was with the painting on the ceiling of the dining area? There was a spotlight on it I think, so it was meant to be noticed. I couldn't make out what it was in the center!

Heather seemed very singled out in this episode. She asked the question about the flat tire, and she was the only one that didn't know how to fix it. She was the only one on the camera when Patrick asked at dinner who hadn't received an exemption. After all, the mole doesn't need an exemption, but was Heather's distress genuine, or feigned?

I hope this gave you something to ponder on.

Benjamin
(Who goes back to figure out what the freaking painting is on the ceiling)

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-02, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
I'm glad you mentioned the Villa Trento. When I saw the Villa's name, I thought "Maybe that's the clue." So I looked it up in Italian, and "Trenta" means 30. I looked at the list of Mole Contestants and both Darwin and Lisa are 30 years old. However, the Villa's name is Trento, not Trenta. They chose the "masculine" form of trenta, pointing the finger at Darwin, instead of the eliminated Lisa.

Yeah, it is kind of far-fetched, but it's an interesting word play...

Also, (since I don't want to double post) I have been thinking about Dorothy/Darwin's Episode 4 test after Lisa was executed. I think there are 4 options regarding Lisa.
1. Dorothy/Darwin changed all their answers for Ep. 4 test.
2. Dorothy/Darwin have "true" coalitions with others and was playing Lisa.
3. Dorothy/Darwin is the Mole, and influenced Lisa in Ep. 3
4. Dorothy/Darwin realizes that the other (Dorothy/Darwin) is the Mole and changes their answers for the next test.

I think #1 an #4 are most feasable, due to the evidence of a tie in Episode 3.

06-05-02, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "More on Villa Trento..."
My handy-dandy Babylon Dictionary provided this information about Villa Trento:

Trento was founded, according to the classical savant Pliny the Elder and the geographer Strabo of Amaseia, by the Raetians, and became a Roman colony and military base on the road north to the Brenner Pass.

Pliny the ELDER: Bill is 58, the oldest contestant.

GEOGRAPHER Strabo of Amaseia: Myra is a pilot, so she probably flies all over the world. She has been very UTR. I still think it's Bill. He probably did quite a bit of travelling in the service.

Raetians: Did a little research. Raetia comes from the Celtic word rait meaning "mountain land." Bill is from Oak Harbor, WA, located in a very mountainous region in Northwestern Washington.

Roman colony and military base: Bill is a retired Rear Admiral.

Are you beginning to see a pattern? Or is all of this coincidence? I think not.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-06-02, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
Of course, it could just be that they liked the Villa Trento scenery....

And there's always a few weird obscure questions - it's possible that Darwin/Lisa/Dorothy may have just guessed through those and ended up with slightly different scores (they never tell us if anyone else was ~close~ to being eliminated or not).

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

06-06-02, 04:50 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
Yea...It does have good scenery. I just thought I'd delve into some information and as luck would have it...

It's probably all coincidence.

I wish they would go back to Spain. Anyone have the episode where they were in Ronda last season? Spain is full of beautiful scenery.

06-06-02, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
Yes, that's true... remember there was a tie, so Darwin/Dorothy might have put the exact same answers as Lisa. But then, as we noticed (Dorothy had exemption) that Darwin was NOT executed, so the question is really "Who did he change his answers to in Episode 4?"

Also, there may be a "hidden coalition" (like Survivor). Darwin or Dorothy may have just been PLAYING Lisa. Remember, we never learned about Darwin's coalition with Bob until after Bob was executed (in an interview)

In conclusion, I think either Darwin is the mole, or he has a hidden alliance, basically setting up everyone else!

06-06-02, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
Just a comment on the "puzzlers" - I totally agree....I can't believe that K/M/P didn't get even ~one~ of them. I guess the groups were appropriate.

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-05-02, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-02 AT 11:43 AM (EST)

Edited to say: Okay I am an idiot - I swore that I read through this stuff and didn't see this mentioned anywhere until I reread this thread and saw someone else mention "BANE". Please disregard!

I posted this under the thread for clues from Eps 1 & 2 but no one is reading that post anymore. Anyway, this clue, if true, would apply to all episodes since it is contained within the introduction. I am just going to copy my post below:

Here is an excerpt from an article that has a good clue about Bill - Here is the link to the full article and the screen shot:

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/article1904_2.html

"Last year when The Mole 2 came on the air, I began
looking for the "clue" that was supposed to be in each
episode. I did not see a clue in episode 1, so I went
back and watched it again. As I watched the
introduction of each person, I noticed the "apparent"
randomness of how the letters (spelling out name,
occupation and age) flashed up on the screen. I
decided to slow down each "introduction" to see if the
very fast application of letters ever spelled any words,
in the process of spelling out the name, occupation,
etc. It didn't take long to find the clue to end all clues.

As Bill's name and occupation flashed up on the screen,
the first letters to appear (and they appear all at once)
spelled out the word: B A N E

It's just on the screen for a second before the other
letters pop up to complete the rest of the full screen
graphic.

Bane is a noun, described in the dictionary as the
following:

1. a cause of harm or ruin 2. A poison

Get it? Bill is the "Bane" in the group... the cause of
harm, ruin. He is the poison. Many of you have heard the
phrase: "You are the bane of my existence." In other
words...you are the "ruin" of everything I try to
accomplish. "

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-02, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starshyn99 Click to send private message to starshyn99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
Not sure where to put this as it is not really related but...

This BANE thing got me thinking, so I watched to opening carefully frame by frame to see if the random letters for the players names, hometowns and ages spelled anything out. Only one did.

Now, it may be a coinsidence, but on the shot of Brigs when he is holding up the mole killer can, the first 4 letters that come up are B A I T.

If you freeze it there, you have a nice picture of Brigs holding a mole killer can up with a big smile on his face and the world Bait spelled out.

Could be nothing but...

The other players info did not have any patterns that I could see.

performanz 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-05-02, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail performanz Click to send private message to performanz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-02 AT 01:50 PM (EST)

Bill is a retired REAR admiral.
He left his REAR mark on the car when he
leaned up against it.

That seems like a BIG clue to me

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-05-02, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Its bigfatuglyKatie"
I don't know if anyone brought this up yet since this is the only thresd I've read so far in this forum......

but I noticed one clue last night and mind you, I am NOT looking for clues this season....I fell for that crap in Mole 1 and am not going to waste my time with it this season....you know the motto, fool me once, shame on you, blah blah blah. So, for those of you wasting your time looking for clues here is the one that stood out for me..

At the start of the show, almost immediately after they make that stupid announcement to look for clues in the ep, we see some contestant interviews.....in Rob's interview he whores on and on about how he doesn't like the fact that the mole will play dirty and lie to your face.....next up is big fat and ugly Katie who says right away in her interview that she lied to Patrick (to his face) about not reading his journal.

So there ya go....bigfatuglydisgustingwhoreKatie is the mole.

Case closed, any questions.

RonnieHR 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-05-02, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonnieHR Click to send private message to RonnieHR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Its bigfatuglyKatie"
Shakes,

Do us all a favor. Keep posting your thoughts as to who the Mole might be. But STOP posting your opinions on the looks of the contestants. That's very low class and you sound petty and jealous that you are not on the show. Just keep to the clues and keep guessing!

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-02, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Its bigfatuglyKatie"
>Shakes,
>
>Do us all a favor.
>Keep posting your thoughts as
>to who the Mole might
>be. But STOP posting
>your opinions on the looks
>of the contestants.

....uhm, that would be a big fat NO!

That's
>very low class

...hey, if the shoe fits.

and you
>sound petty and jealous that
>you are not on the
>show.

......are you kidding me? At least a certain other show that I know of didn't get cancelled three episodes into it.

Just keep to
>the clues and keep guessing!
>

...no, I already said I don't plan on wasting any of my time caring about, let alone guessing as to who the mole is. But, I DO plan on wasting more of my time pointing out the shortcomings, physical and otherwise of the pathetic cast of molerons. But, thanks for your concern.

ihavturtlduvluv 152 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-02, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ihavturtlduvluv Click to send private message to ihavturtlduvluv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Why Katie is the Mole"
kay, dont make fun of me if I am wrong, but I totally think I know who the mole is. I will of course preface this by saying I was not right last year, I picked Jim all the way and I was wrong.
Okay, here are the clues I have noticed, I do not record the show, so I do not watch it more than once.

#1 In the first episode, the word quiz was spelled QUiZ. It could possibly be pointing the finger at someone with an i in there name. Katie would fit this. Also in episode one, during the burn bags game, Katie's name was clearly shown on the bags. This is not the view of what Katie actually saw (they didnt have a little camera inside the binoculars) but a view from whatever Camera angle they wanted to use.

#2 I read an article/interview with Anderson Cooper and he said that he was shocked. {the following is taken from the interview} le2: Hi, Anderson, did you have a guess at who the mole is before they started playing?

Anderson: Definitely! I'm trying to guess all during the taping of the show as well as everyone else. The last season I've known who the mole was, but this season, I was shocked! The crew did a great job and I was completely baffled.

Who would be more shocking than Katie. She has totally been whiny, weepy, and totally playing the fool.

#3 On the third quiz, one of the questions was, does the mole have a tatoo. There is only one player who has a tatoo, and that is Katie.

#4 Last night, in episode 4, when they were asked to change a tire. Only one persons name was shown to the audience at home. They did mention the name of both of the attractive ladies, but they only spelled out on screen one name. Katia. Also, during the dumb v. smart game while they were sitting outside Patrick asked Katie who she thought the mole was, her reply was something along the lines of, I wont tell you that. Now if you want to ask me what my favorite color is, I will tell you. Why would she say that specific thing, her favorite color. The players aren't given the quiz ahead of time, however, the mole is. One more little thing, Katie's cast, why do you think it is green?

#5 One more clue pointing towards Katie. The little stuffed cow. It's name is Meadowmuffin. Now I know that meadowmuffin is a common name for cowpies in the midwest, but it is ALSO a name for moles.

I know that there is a lot of belief that Bill is the mole, but I honestly think that people are reading too much into the show. I have read on spoiler boards where people are slowing down the video and analyzing numbers and such, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I realize that they said there would be clues put in for eagle eyed viewers, but I dont think they would go to the extent that everyone is digging. It was supposed to be made so that the average person watching at home could pick up on the clues if they paid close attention. I just dont think this would include slowing down the video to a frame by frame point. Anyway, there is my feelings, anyone have any feedback?

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-02, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Why Katie is the Mole"
I think you make a valid case for Katie, and IMHO, I think this is much more believable than number of letters in names and names of locations.

They're going to cast who they want to cast, if the name doesn't fit the amount of numbers in The Mole, they'll still cast that person. And, the locations, they go simply where they can get good video.

However, if they do have similarities like that, like Katie has 5 letters and so does moley and someone said "Holy" on the show, I'm sure they say "Well, look at all the clues we gave you" when it just truly happened to be a coincidence.

I don't even understand my own post, but I have a pre-calc midterm in the am, so I'm not going to try to clarify. (My brain is butter right now...) I hate math.

Supergrrl 46 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-02, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Supergrrl Click to send private message to Supergrrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Why Katie is the Mole"
I like the MeadowMuffin clue you gave. That makes sense. I too believe that Katie is the mole based on the fact that in the 1st season, they made a big deal about Kathyrn being the 4th person introduced, and MOLE has 4 letters. I applied this to the first ep of the 2nd season, and if memory serves me correctly, Katie was the 2nd person introduced in Mole "2" aka as the 2nd mole. Also she teaches Spanish, and the 1st season was filmed in Spain.

In the 4th ep, when they were helping the women change the tires, one name was flashed on screen - "Katia". WHy? Unless that is one blatant clue there! And what is with that green cast?

If Katie is the mole, then Heather I suspect will make it to the final round just because of the coalition she has with Katie. Heather is the weakest player in the group, and the fact that Lisa (IMHO a strong smart player) was ousted so early in the game proves that whatever info Katie is feeding her must be allowing her to survive this far.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-05-02, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Why Katie is the Mole"
The order of the names has changed from the first episode. Besides removing the name of the executed person they have changed the order around.
The reason I say this was because of the order in the first episode was AL (still first) Katie ( now towards the end) Ali (executed) and then Bill who I beleive is still #4.
One of the first theroies about Bill came from this order and the fact that the initials of the first three contestants are AKA (also known as) the introductions came right after SuperCooper said "one of these people is the MOLE"

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-05-02, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Why Katie is the Mole"
I think the points that both of you have made are good, but i have one question concerning Heather. If she does have a pact with Katie, it means she trusts Katie, and that means she DOESN'T think that Katie is the mole. So, she will never select Katie as the mole on her quizzes, and if Katie really is the mole, Heather will be wrong, thus be eliminated sometime soon. I dont know what you meant when you said that Katie is feeding Heather information. What kind? She can't tell her that she is the mole... ya know? So what other info is there? Nice points made though.

The True Survivor Fox!!

BaQuAr13

06-05-02, 05:29 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Why Katie is the Mole"
Nice thought!

Three points of clarification:
1. It was Al who told Patrick about the "favorite color," not Katie.
2. In the Burn Bags game, they may have simply edited it as "here is your proof, Katie: your bags are up there"
3. They showed the name Katia because of all the subtitles at the bottom of the screen. The women had a VERY thick accent, and Katia was the response to Patrick's question.

I repeat, your post does make me think though... I like the Meadowmuffin idea!

ihavturtlduvluv 152 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-02, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ihavturtlduvluv Click to send private message to ihavturtlduvluv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Why Katie is the Mole"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-02 AT 05:54 PM (EST)

Jim02

I would like to respectfully disagree with you as to who said the comment about favorite color. While Katie, Patrick and Myra were watching the puzzle game on the tv screen, Patrick leaned in to Katie and asked her who she thought the mole was and she clearly said that she would not tell him that. I do not record the show, so I can not go back and watch again, but I am sure that was when it was said. Also, it was Bribs who said he was going to do something to Patrick if he didn't stop asking questions, I dont remember the exact words he used, but something to the effect of he will take his head off. Anyway, I just thought I would point that out.

BTW, I could still be TOTALLY wrong about Katie, that whole fly thing with Rob was super strange.

06-05-02, 05:53 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Why Katie is the Mole"
It's nice to see that we can disagree and not SCREAM at each other

I still disagree though... I remember Al had a testimonial about Patrick's annoying question asking (this was before the Morality Game). Then they showed Al and Myra and Patrick in a van. Patrick asks Al who he thinks is the mole, and Al answers something about getting dead air out of him. Then he says that if Patrick wants to know his favorite color, then that's fine.

I haven't looked at my tape yet, but I'm pretty sure this is what happened. Thanks!

Bebo 20897 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-02, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "I'll referee"
I have to watch my tape so I can finish my summary (which I hope to have posted by tomorrow morning), so I'll make sure I check on that.

We were shown two conversations where Patrick directly asked people - Al and Katie. I do remember Katie's comment about punching him in the nose (and my thought to use the cast, since it would hurt him more), but I'm not positive which made the favorite color comment.

Even ruder and snottier as the years go by. Let's add mean, horrible, nasty witch while we're at it. Got it down to a science.

Card-carrying member of the PGSA

Carolina Hurricanes - Eastern Conference Champions
Bedeviled NJ, nabbed the Habs, and raked the Leafs!

06-06-02, 11:39 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Why Katie is the Mole"
1.)
Patrick: So who do you think the Mole is?
Katie: I don't know?!
Patrick: Oh, I thought you'd be dumb enough to tell me.
Katie: I'd be dumb enough to punch you in the face!

2.)
Bribs: He said to me, "I swear Bribs, if he pisses me off I'm gonna knock him out" - something like this (it wasn't his comment, he was just relaying it to Al)

pabby 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-07-02, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pabby Click to send private message to pabby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Why Katie is the Mole"
Sorry, but Jims02 is correct. It was AL who made the comment to PATRICK about the question of favorite color. AL and MYRA were seated next to each other, with PATRICK sitting behind them facing the opposite direction. PATRICK was turned toward AL and had just asked AL what his strategy was. AL replied that he would not discuss strategy with PATRICK. AL stated that if PATRICK wanted to ask him something like what his favorite color was, fine, but PATRICK would only get "dead air" in response to any questions about strategy. MYRA seemed to find AL'S response to PATRICK amusing, as she snickered throughout this entire exchange.

Also, in regard to the conversation between BRIBS and AL later in their hotel room: AL mentioned that BILL had gotten stuck rooming with PATRICK this time, and asked BRIBS is he had roomed with him last time. BRIBS replied that he had, and then related that BILL had supposedly stated to him that if PATRICK started up anything with him (BILL), he'd take him out. So, it wasn't BRIBS who made the threat about PATRICK (if that's what you could call it), it was BILL. Mind you, we only have BRIB'S word that this exchange actually took place between him and BILL.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-02, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "The torn diary pages"
I have not seen anyone discuss this. What about the pages that Patrick tore out of the diary. Katie said that she read and knew what was in those pages. Since Patrick went ahead and tore them out, they might have been clues as to who the Mole was, or at least whom he thought was the Mole.

He was eliminated in this episode. So, did Katie just not rely on those pages and just went on the info she had collected herself? Or did she rely on that info and just barely beat Patrick, because the info was bad.

It does not appear to me that Katie is the Mole. If she were, why would Patrick tear the pages out? Why would he care that Katie knew that he had found her out? It's not like she is going to go running over to everyone to tell them Patrick knew.

In conclusion, I think Patrick had his theories as to who the Mole was, and it was not Katie.

juggdishseuss 73 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-02, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail juggdishseuss Click to send private message to juggdishseuss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Why Katie is the Mole"
On the green cast issue, I was also very intrigued by the color. Three other things that stand out green are: (1) when the correct combination to the chest is showing the numbers all flash green. (2) Inisde the chest that the players do not get--green, so to speak. (3) Anything having to do with The Mole logo.

06-07-02, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Supergrrl Click to send private message to Supergrrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Why Katie is the Mole"
I like your observations about the color of Katie's cast. It makes sense. And it really bugs me that no one on the show has bothered to explain the cast, therefore I assume that it is an important intentional clue.

ginny9577 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-02, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginny9577 Click to send private message to ginny9577 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Why Katie is the Mole"
i agree with you...i think her hysterionics are an act...so is the "stupidity" that seems to be her strong suit...the other thing that drew me to her being the mole was the cast...out of all the colors she could've had(red,blue,purple,yellow...etc) why green? subtle clue by abc??????

Silvergirl1 9331 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-02, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
I am beginning to think that Rob is the mole.

Excerpts from ep 4's opening video shots:

Patrick: Hey...I'm still here. Bottom line, that's what counts.

Rob: Hm humm, hm=humm sure. (watching fly circling his head)

Patrick: Sooner or later we want everyone else to be executed.

Rob: (slaps his hands together to kill fly): Kill!

Later on, of course, Patrick is executed.

Also, Rob lists Cold Cut Trio as his favorite food. The Cold Cut Trio is the first sandwich on the Subway Classics menu (I checked it out online at http://www.subway.com/ )

A mole lives and burrows in tunnels. A subway is also an underground tunnel.

I may edit this later to add more Rob clues.

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-05-02, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Discussion of possible Episode 4 clues"
I agree. I am 95% sold on the idea of Rob being the Mole...were there sandwich shots in episodes 3 and 4?
The guy is a magician, cold cut trios, archery symbol and he was involved in that challenge...
The other 5% is dedicated to wondering if it could actually be Bill.....hmm...

Sophie

06-08-02, 01:20 PM (EST)
49. "MYRA "Mrs. UTR""
I'm glad you mentioned these opening confessionals! I thought the opening editing was VERY odd when I first watched it... Here's an alternate theory of the symbolism:

Essentially, the whole point of the game is to figure out "Who is the mole?". In Episode 5, we are shown Rob trying to kill a fly. I took the fly as a symbol of Myra, the pilot. If the fly is a symbol for anything, it's got to be Myra. It seems to be the only thing that would make sense. Thus, the producers have just shown us a shot of Rob trying to catch (and kill) "Myra." Remember, there has been fly imagery before (i.e. Episode 2 "flies follow you wherever you go"). Think about it. Who has been sliding through everyone's suspect list? Myra. It seems that no one suspects her, but if you actually look at it, you CAN find clues (remember she did have a coalition with Patrick)

As for Patrick, he states that being here is what counts. However, finding out who the mole is (and ratings, of course) is what really counts. It was a definite contrast to Rob, who was hunting the fly, as opposed to Patrick who's just sticking around.

Heck, Myra may be eliminated on Tuesday, but for now, she's catching up to Darwin and Bill on my suspect list.

As for your theory, it is equally as plausible (Rob's moving up the list as well )

06-09-02, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: MYRA "Mrs. UTR""
Good points made, and if she isnt eliminated after her failed coalition, that is when we start to really suspect her.

The True Survivor Fox!!

BaQuAr13

06-09-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
53. "Coalitions!"
Wow, your response just came up when I was reading it!

No one has really mentioned yet that Myra and Patrick DID have a coalition (which obviously failed). The showed this to us in Ep. 5. So, either she's the mole or she's in trouble in Ep. 5! I'm gonna keep her off my Anti-Execution list for now...

BTW, here's a list of the past and present coalitions (for reference)
Darwin and Bob (failed)
Katie and Heather (still in effect?)
Darwin and Lisa (failed)
Dorothy and Lisa (failed)
Heather and Bribs (maybe, prob not)
Patrick and Myra (failed)

Notice there's only one ACTIVE coalition left...

blemer 85 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-02, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blemer Click to send private message to blemer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Coalitions!"
there is really something to look at with coalitions. First of all, both lisa and patrick were in coalitions that failed. So that could make you think that the people they were in coalitions with (Dorothy, Darwin and Myra) are the people they didn't think were the mole. Ultimately causing their elimination. So, is the mole one of the three from the failed coalition? Something to think about.

Also, there is more than one coalition going on. Heather and Bribs I think have a coalition. As well as Heather and Katie. Also, Bill and Bribs seemed oftly close one episode when they had to room together, cause Bill said something like Bribs having fun in the game. So there is, or possible will be, a coalition between Bribs and Bill.

I think it's really interesting how we've been shown, through editing, how some people are interacting more activly than other, specifically Katie, Heather, Darwin and Dorothy. While other like Elavia and Rob are choosing to go through the game alone. From what we've seen, Elavia and Rob seems to have no connections (coalitions) with anyone.

anyway, a little to chew on.

06-10-02, 10:47 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Coalitions!"
Yeah, I agree completely...

I've had a theory recently about a "hidden coalition" similar to the way they hide the Survivor alliances. This theory applies mainly to Darwin though, since he's had an alliance with 2 executed people.

1) Darwin has a secret coalition with someone that the camera is not showing us because this is the TRUE coalition that will win the game. Instead, the camera shows us all of his victims to make us think that is Darwin's true coalitions. Darwin simply forms a coaltion with someone unsuspecting, and then feeds them information about someone who obviously is not the mole. Everyone takes their tests. Darwin puts in his real answers, Lisa/Bob put in the answers Darwin tells them. Poof, Lisa and Bob are shocked to see the red screen. And Darwin walks away still in the game. The question is, who is he in the coalition with? My answer is either Myra, Bribs, or Katie. Myra could be the other half of his pair, feeding Patrick all the bad info. Remeber the tie in Ep. 3. Patrick and Lisa may have tied, using Darwin and Myra's bad answers. Darwin has also been shown whispering to Katie and had a connection with Bribs. I doubt if it's Al, since in Ep. 1 he says he doesn't have a coaltion, since he trusts himself the most.

or...

2) Darwin is the mole. Likewise, he is feeding his partners bad information, but he DOES NOT have a partner in this. It is less messy this way, not having a partner. It does make him look more obvious as the mole though. Although this theory is not as complicated (or as long), it is just as plausible as #1.

or...

3) Darwin has NO IDEA who the mole is, and his coalitions fail simply because he has no idea what he's doing!

I've applied this theory to Darwin, but it could apply to Katie or Dorothy, but there would be a couple of problems with it.

blemer 85 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-02, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blemer Click to send private message to blemer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Coalitions!"
I like the way you think Jims. As a big survivor fan myself, I think the editors of Mole 2 are hiding a few things from us, specifically coalitions.

I don't think Darwin is the mole. Like Elavia and Dorothy, he was cast because he has suspitious looking features that would make people think he was the mole. So i don't think he is the mole.

I'm leaning towards Darwin having a true alliance with either Katie or Myra. Both Darwin and Katie (although Katie is questionalbe sometimes) are very active players. They are smart and quick to think about every aspect of the game.

Yet, Katie is already in a coalition with Heather. So if Darwin and Katie have a true coalition, why hasn't Heather been fed wrong information and ultimately been eliminated? It is either because Katie and Darwin want to keep her around for info on who the mole is or she will be the next to go. (Sorry for answering my own question.)

Yet, I'm also looking into Darwin and Myra having a true aliance. One thing people are overlooking is that, I believe, Darwin had a coalition with Patrick (maybe just a small one) because they roomed together and when Lisa tricked him into coming to her room, he returned to Patrick and gave him the details and said something like we must make them believe Dorothy is the mole (or something like that.)

anyway, i'm analizing this way to much. my point is that coalitions are important and people like Darwin and Katie are going to go far because they have started coalitions and possible one with eachother (they have been seen whispering to eachother.)

my pick for episode 5 elimination: Heather. If it is Heather, then I think Darwin and Katie have a true coalition. Yet, if it is not Heather (They might be keeping her around for info) then it'll be someone like Al, Rob or Elavia who haven't been forming coalitions or even relationships, at least from what we've seen.

this is getting long. later.

06-10-02, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pabby Click to send private message to pabby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Coalitions!"
. . . both lisa and patrick were in coalitions that failed. So that could make you think that the people they were in coalitions with (Dorothy, Darwin and Myra) are the people they didn't think were the mole. Ultimately causing their elimination. So, is the mole one of the three from the failed coalition? . . .

There's no doubt that coalitions are important. However, everyone seems to take the stance that two (or more) players form a coalition because they do not think one another is the Mole. That's not necessarily true. A player may form a coalition with the player they most suspect as the Mole.

Remember that in the Mole 1, Jim and Steven both suspected Kathryn as the Mole from fairly early on in the game, but both remained in a coalition with her to the very end.

Keep your enemies close . . .

So, it doesn't necessarily follow that Lisa, for example, did not consider Darwin or Dorothy to be the Mole. She could just as easily have been answering her questions on the execution quizzes with one of them in mind as the Mole, but was incorrect. Or, she may have suspected the right person, but simply didn't have enough of the information asked on the quiz.

Just as I don't think we can put much weight in who received whose journal after the switch. Just because Lisa received Bill's old journal and was then executed, it doesn't necessarily mean that Bill's notes must have been all wrong. Lisa may have totally discounted Bill's journal entries and remained unswayed in her own suspicions.

There's simply no way of knowing what any player is actually thinking at any given moment, and we are totally at the mercy of the editors in what we are shown.

That being said . . . Bill is at the top of my Mole Suspect List (for the moment, anyway)!

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-02, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Heather"
AS I was saying before.. I think the mole is Heather.
Why? I'm looking at more obvious clues.. like who's losing the challenges...

1) Heather lost ALL her challenge except for the first tight rope challenge. This makes sense.. because the mole doesn't want to draw suspicion towards herself at the beginning. But then... she easily lost the little john/little Jane challenge even though she used to be a gymnast. She just fell in and lost the challenge.
In the most recent episode.. she messed up the lock challenge despite having a coalition with Bribs. She either has a terribe memory or she lost on purpose.
Then in the morality challenge.. she didn't go down to help with the tires.. and confessed to not knowing how to work with tires.
2) She's very emotional.. probably a characteristic of the mole.
3) She's pretty... you have to admit that the producers might want a pretty face for the mole to help ratings.
4) The mole said it would "pit one player against the other". To me, it really seemed like Heather was pitting Patrick against everyone else. She seemed the most vocal in criticizing Patrick. In fact, I personally think that Heather was the one that persuaded Katie to tell everyone about the Journal episode.
Then on the ABC website.. it said... that the mole gave what the other members wanted and got Patrick booted. It specifically said that the mole was the one that got Patrick booted.
Only two people actively played a part in getting Patrick booted: Katie and Heather.. Everyone else was a lot more passive about the whole episode. Bribs also said during the episode that he would get Patrick if he pissed him off.. but I think the evidence points to Heather.
5) The mole IS going to form a coalition this time round, no doubt. Heather is in one.

06-05-02, 08:35 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Heather"
Some of these clues could point to Katie. Actively getting Patrick booted and formed a coalition right off the bat.

The True Survivor Fox!!

BaQuAr13

06-05-02, 08:47 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Heather"
You're right about Heather being pretty! OMH! She is muy caliente!

06-05-02, 09:45 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Heather"
Lol... No, ella es calientisima!

06-06-02, 08:04 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Heather"
Sí! Tu tienes razón! (She's too old for me though...I'm only 16) Kathryn from last year was good-lookin' as well.

06-06-02, 11:41 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Heather"
In the "walk across the log" challenge, I'd say Dorothy was the most suspicious. If you watch, she goes up to him (not that she had a chance), he hardly hits her and she kinda backs up and actually jumps off.

06-07-02, 01:06 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Heather"
I, too, am watching Heather right now as one of my top three suspects. But, just to play the "devil's advocate" for a moment:

I agree that it's possible that Heather gave the wrong answer in the rappelling/treasure chest game because she's the Mole -- it wouldn't be too suspect to miss the question by only one number (which she did). However, everyone seems to think she should definitely have gotten her question correct because she is so close to Bribs and, therefore, should definitely have known his birthday. But, the question required that she know both Brib's AND Al's birthdays in order to deduce the correct answer. Therefore, presuming she isn't the Mole and was trying to give the correct answer, she still could have missed the question because she couldn't accurately recall Al's birthday. It doesn't mean she has a terrible memory (because she only missed it by one) and it doesn't mean she missed it on purpose (because she had to know BOTH dates).

I also agree that Heather was one of the most vocal in her criticisms of Patrick as far as what was actually shown to us. However, you can't really say that Heather and Katie were the most actively involved in getting Patrick booted, because Patrick wasn't booted because of a popularity vote. He was executed because he missed the most questions on the execution quiz. The other players' feelings about him had nothing to do with his execution, unless you consider that they might purposely feed him incorrect information to make it more likely that he would miss the most questions on the quiz. But, isn't that what everyone is doing in this game? Patrick's execution was not a result of almost everyone's negative feelings about him.

Also, it wasn't Bribs that said he would get Patrick -- it was Bribs telling Al what BILL had supposedly said about Patrick. Bribs was only repeating what Bill had said to him -- but, remember, we only have Bribs word that Bill actually said this.

06-07-02, 04:22 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Heather"
The other players'
>feelings about him had nothing
>to do with his execution,
>unless you consider that they
>might purposely feed him incorrect
>information to make it more
>likely that he would miss
>the most questions on the
>quiz. But, isn't that
>what everyone is doing in
>this game? Patrick's execution
>was not a result of
>almost everyone's negative feelings about
>him.
I think the fact that Patrick's incessant questioning was alienating him from the rest of the group, as Al pointed out. If I were a player, I wouldn't do this cos' if people feel irritated by you, they won't open up to you and give you the answers required to answer the quiz. Cos' the quiz asks about insane details that one person cannot possibly keep track of. You need a buddy to help you thru.

06-07-02, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail juggdishseuss Click to send private message to juggdishseuss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Heather"
One point I haven't heard discussed concerning Heather is that she has repeatedly placed suspicion on Elavia. She has made a point three times (to the audience at least) that her eye is toward Elavia. The fact that she seldom makes remarks regarding her suspicions makes them stand out. Elavia looked straight ahead when everyone first took their blindfolds off. Elavia took the exemption to sabotage the swing for life. Elavia "guessed" during the rappelling game. Perhaps this is all foul play concerning some sort of coalition we are currently unaware of. Thoughts?

olsonn 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-02, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail olsonn Click to send private message to olsonn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "2 Shots of Rob (please help me figure this out)"
I don't know if anybody posted on this yet, but I didn't see it.... Anyway, when Patrick was trying to explain himself at lunch near the end of Episode 4, there were 2 IDENTICAL shots of Rob scratching his nose (one came about 1 minute or so after the other). I am sure that these were the exact same shots (I have it on tape), and it SHOULD be more than just an editing mistake (ABC isn't that dumb, are they?). What do you think?

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-02, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Katie Clue from previous ep?"
I didn't want to throw this on an old thread, so this seems to be the best place. I was checking out the Mole official site. ON the Message Board, someone had posted a theory about Katie and the casino game that I haven't seen mentioned. I did not get to see this full episode, so I'm no help. Something about the numbers that came up in the game:

57 7622 3(she split 3 I guess)

57 is Katies lucky number
76 would be her birth year
22 is birth day

3 is her birth month

Anyone that can verify that these are the numbers that came up in the game? As I said, I didn't see it. I just went back to find that post & don't see it on the site's message board anymore. Hm.

Mysterious Jedi 1043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-06-02, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mysterious%20Jedi Click to send private message to Mysterious%20Jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Katie Clue from previous ep?"
She did split a double 3, but I'm not sure of the other cards she had.

06-06-02, 05:18 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Katie Clue from previous ep?"
Wow I have awful vision, I could've sworn you said "Katie did the splits in episode 3"

I was planning on going the "no hecking way" route ^-^;;

hardbody 15 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-02, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hardbody Click to send private message to hardbody Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "I think the "clue" pointed to Al"
When the team was in the bus returning from yet, another dismal failure, Al was whining that Patrick is always questioning everyone about their strategy and wanting information. Then he looked at Patrick and said anymore questions like that would be met with dead air, and suggested that Patrick just ask him what his favorite color is. What a coincidence when "what is the mole's favorite color?" was on the quiz! I got chills when I saw it. What do you think?

06-07-02, 05:49 PM (EST)
48. "RE: I think the "clue" pointed to Al"
One thing to add on Al. He made it a point during episode 1's rope walk game that he was calm up there because "he worked construction in high places" but then in episode 4 is all of the sudden shaking in his boots because of the height of the rappelling. Very fishy if you ask me.

06-10-02, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: I think the "clue" pointed to Al"
He made it a point during episode 1's rope walk game that he was calm up there because "he worked construction in high places"

Actually, he was the one who was having trouble keeping his heart rate down - the other molerons completed the challenge quickly.

but then in episode 4 is all of the sudden shaking in his boots because of the height of the rappelling.

I think what got to him was the face-down part.

Even ruder and snottier as the years go by. Let's add mean, horrible, nasty witch while we're at it. Got it down to a science.

Card-carrying member of the PGSA

06-11-02, 11:49 PM (EST)
62. "RE: I think the "clue" pointed to Al"
The suspect in this game is ~again~ Elavia - In episode 1, I don't think she would've completed the challenge even if she ~wasn't~ offered an exemption. So why was she completely non-hesitant about sliding down a freaking dam?

06-12-02, 08:36 AM (EST)
63. "RE: I think the "clue" pointed to Al"
In episode 1, I don't think she would've completed the challenge even if she ~wasn't~ offered an exemption. So why was
she completely non-hesitant about sliding down a freaking dam?

Speaking from my experience as a big chicken with a fear of heights...I would never, ever bungee jump, because the idea of just being connected by a cord freaks me out. However, I have repelled before and loved it. I felt safe in the safety harness and was bouncing down the wall within 5 seconds. So if I had been presented with those choices, I would have skipped the first one and gone through with the second.

I know I'm not a yardstick for media whores (or even normal people), but I don't fault her there.

Rude, snotty, mean, horrible, nasty, witch, yadda yadda yadda...

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-10-02, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. ""Favourite colour" comment"
oooh...i got to use TWO northern-optional 'u's in that title!

I dont think it matters WHO gave the fav color comment...chances are, they were all sat around a big table (like we saw when they discussed their fears), and all prompted to talk about their favorite color.

Whoever made the comment was probably saying that they would share information with Patrick when made to talk to the group, but at no other time.

06-10-02, 12:36 PM (EST)
59. "RE: "Favourite colour" comment"
I dont think it matters WHO gave the fav color comment . . .

I agree . . . I don't think too much emphasis should be placed on Al's response. "What is the Mole's favorite color?" is fairly typical of the questions being asked on the execution quiz. I don't think the Mole would blurt that out right before the quiz containing that question.

I think Al was just trying to emphasize that he wouldn't discuss anything as important as strategy with Patrick, and if Patrick felt the need to quiz Al he had better stick to asking trivial questions (such as Al's favorite color).

06-10-02, 07:21 PM (EST)
61. "RE: "Favourite colour" comment"
On the favorite color comment, it first came up in episode 1 if you remember--Bob was grilling Elavia to get information and one thing he asked her was for her favorite color: red.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •