The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RC Winner: Helen or Ted?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-01-02, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RC Winner: Helen or Ted?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-02 AT 05:55 PM (EST)

These two pictures hold the answer to who wins this week’s RC, but is it Ted or Helen?

Assumptions:

These two images are taken from the same place at the same time.
This is the beach at their camp and the tide has gone out.
They are gathering food.
Clay is holding a pot for collecting crabs and mussels.
Ted is holding a stick, used to hunt for crabs under rocks.
It is the day after the RC. Clay is wearing his yellow shirt, different than the one he wore the day before to the RC.
Pictured from left to right, we see: Jake, Jan, Clay, Brian and Ted standing further out in the water off to the right.
Helen is out of the frame or not present.
Those pictured are looking out into the bay at someone arriving or leaving by boat.
Ted is shown waving hello or goodbye.

There are three (and maybe more) possible scenarios:

1. Ted’s and his brother (?) ( probably someone other than his wife and baby) win the RC. They spend time together in camp until the next day (much like Kathy and her son), sharing the survivor experience. The next morning, while the tribe and their guest are out gathering crabs, the boat arrives to pick up Ted’s brother. Ted wades out to the boat with his brother and hugs him good-bye. As the boat speeds off into the distance, Ted waves a final good-bye, holding his stick in the air, while the others look on…Helen is out of the frame to the left of Jake or to the right of Ted.

2. Helen and her family member win the RC. They get to spend a night together, sharing “another” surprise. The next morning, while the everyone is out gathering crabs, a boat returns Helen to her tribe. We see them all looking out to the boat as it arrives. Ted gives a half-hearted hello as he raises his stick into the air, wishing he had won time with his brother…

3. Helen and her family member win the RC. They spend time together in camp until the next day (much like Kathy and her son), sharing the survivor experience. The next morning, while the tribe and their guest are out gathering crabs, the boat arrives to pick up Helen’s son. Helen wades out to the boat with her son and hugs him good-bye. She is standing further out than Ted and the others, so Helen is not pictured in either image. Ted waves a half-hearted-goodbye with crab stick in hand, wishing he had won time with his brother…

So which scenario is the closest to what actually happens?
Are there other scenarios that make more sense?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted? erikman 12-01-02 1
 RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted? Mapo 12-01-02 2
 RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted? snoocharoo 12-02-02 3
   RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted? Krautboy 12-02-02 4
       RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted? snoocharoo 12-02-02 5
       RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted? ulalame 12-02-02 6
       RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted? Griffe 12-02-02 7
           Crab Buckets Krautboy 12-02-02 9
               RE: Crab Buckets Griffe 12-02-02 13
                   RE: Crab Buckets Brownroach 12-02-02 14
                       RE: Crab Buckets Krautboy 12-02-02 15
 RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted? Spidey 12-02-02 8
   Jake's hat? Krautboy 12-02-02 10
       RE: Jake's hat? Brownroach 12-02-02 11
           RE: Jake's hat? Spidey 12-02-02 12
 RC analysis big idiot 12-03-02 16
 RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted? Ronii29 12-03-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-01-02, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted?"
i go with 1 helen is the cook she is probly getting the watter ready. i belive fudgenut when he said his brother helped ted win.

Mapo 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-01-02, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mapo Click to send private message to Mapo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted?"
I think Helen wins I mean she is completely absent from the first pic where could she be? If they are waving bye to someone or lookin at someone out in the water why wouldn't she be there unless she is the person they are all looking at!

Or I could be totally wrong and she could be there but not in that picture

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-02-02, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted?"
Krautboy,

Is there a spoiler somewhere that states Ted's brother makes a visit? I wasn't aware of this spoiler and never heard it mentioned before this thresd. Also, do youknow that it is in fact Helen's son that visits? For some reson I thought Helen had a daughter.

IMHO, Helen wins this RC and takes an overnight trip with her loved one. The survivors are waiting on the beach for her return. It seems that this is one of the surprises. The other will be Jake winning IC and forming a coupe with the CG women to rid the tribe of one of the alpha males Clay, Brian or Ted.

Snoocharoo

12-02-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-02 AT 10:50 AM (EST)

Here's a link to the "Fudgenut Thread":
http://pub124.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=14612.topic

And a copy of the original post:

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fudgenut
(9/26/02 10:42:28 am)
Reply Re: Ted
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok here I go taking back steps. I just spoke with my coworker and she is all concerned that I'm going to rat out her friend and is claming up.

Some of my original facts were erroneous. Here's what I am now clear about. My coworker Jan was dating a guy named Fred who lived close to Ted (now lives in Sanford, Fl.) and was/is best buddies with Ted's brother. When they were dating was when this all went down. Fred went to visit Ted's brother in NC and shortly after that visit he went to Thailand to participate in a final four/possibly 5 competition. Like I said this is all news to me so I'm being careful not to throw the trail off. Sorry. So anyhow Fred is positive Ted makes it to the final three with a guy and gal. That doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't win or make final two.

I'm sure I've either confused or blown my credibility with this post but I want to keep the facts as straight as I can. I'll keep digging Jan. But she is having way too much fun with this power over me. I'll break her down.

As far as Helen's son goes, I'm not sure about that, but I don't remember seeing a husband...

Krautboy

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-02-02, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted?"
***SMOOOCH***

Thanks Krautboy!!!

Snoocharoo

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-02-02, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted?"
The fact that Ted's brother visited and participated in a challenge does not necessarily mean that Ted wins that challenge. I think this poster is accurate about the visit, but off on the dates, because I'm pretty certain that this week's reward challenge involves family members, given Helen and other's reactions, and I can't see them having another family visit next week or the week afterward.

If it is like last year, all of the family members are there and participate in the challenge, whether or not their survivor contestant relative wins the challenge.

Griffe 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-02-02, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Griffe Click to send private message to Griffe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted?"
Krautboy, during the Family videos challenge, we did see Helen's husband on the video along with her daughter. But judging from the feminine hand while standing at the table with the tarantula on Jeff's hand, probably her daughter is the one that visits Helen in Thailand?

About missing Helen...there is a blob next to Clay. Now I know people have said that it's the pot they use to collect crabs, but I think Ted is holding that pot. There is something hanging next to Ted's left leg that looks like it could be the usual pot they bring.

12-02-02, 03:59 PM (EST)
9. "Crab Buckets"
Thanks Griffe! Nice to have your insights here at SBlows!

Yes, you're right, you can see some sort of container behind Ted, visible through his legs. It would also explain why he is waving with his left hand holding a stick; he is holding a crab bucket with his right hand...

As for the "blob", It doesn't look quite large enough to be Helen hidden behind Clay. I think Clay and Ted are both holding some sort of crab buckets, which allows Ted to be away from the group and still colledcting crabs...

Krautboy

Griffe 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-02-02, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Griffe Click to send private message to Griffe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Crab Buckets"
Thanks, Krautboy. I'm a serial lurker at SBlows. I love reading all the posts here.

This RC is driving me nutty. It's either Ted or Helen that wins but I just can't decide.

If the winner's family member is like in S4 and they get to stay at their camp overnight then the vidcap above should be of them seeing the family member off. Ted waving and being apart from teh group should indicate it's Ted that won.

But if the winner gets to spend time with their family member away from camp then the vidcap above should be of the winner coming back to camp after their reward getaway and that would explain the missing Helen. But if that is the case then would Ted really be waving at her?

The blob next to Clay is still bothering me since the placement of it doesn't look like a bucket or pot. Clay seems to be standing the same way Brian is...hands on hips.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-02, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Crab Buckets"
>>Clay seems to be standing the same way Brian is...hands on hips<<

So are Jan and Jake. The scene has a look of expectancy about it to me, like they've just seen a boat come into view, and are waiting for it to get closer. Ted's stick-brandishing could be a kind of "Over here!" wave, after spying someone on board.

If someone were leaving on a boat, I think at least one of the others would be waving, no? Would they all just be standing together in that same position? To me the body language doesn't suggest the excitement or joy of seeing someone off on an adventure, or the wistfulness of watching someone depart permanently.

So I'm leaning toward it being Helen coming back to camp after her outing with her family member.

12-02-02, 07:02 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Crab Buckets"
Yes the "look of expectancy" is definately there. They wouldn't have their crab hunting supplies if they just went down to see someone off. Ted wouldn't take his crab poker stick and crab bucket out into the water if he waded out to hug someone goodbye.

So I'm coming around to the idea of everyone out crabing at low tide when they hear/see the boat returning with the RC winner. Ted waves as Helen comes into view. (The others may also be waving, but only Ted is pictured at that point...)

This combined with the vidcap showing the other tribe members applauding as Helen stands up excited to embrace her loved one, apparently after her family member wins the RC for her, has me pretty well convinced Helen wins the "big surprise" Reward Challenge and shares "another" with her family member...

Krautboy

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted?"
I know everyone is saying Helen is missing from the pics, but I don't see Jake. Why is everyone so sure that figure on the far left is Jake and not Helen? Jake's trademark hat is missing, and Helen usually wears a black shirt and nylon shorts. Is it the height factor? The sand under water may be sloped or this person could be standing slightly closer to the camera, giving an appearance of added height. Could someone clarify why this figure HAS to be Jake and not Helen?

12-02-02, 04:05 PM (EST)
10. "Jake's hat?"
Spidey, yes I think the height factor is the main clue used to conclude Helen is missing. In addition, the person's stance is more masculine and typical of Jake. As to his missing hat, I concluded that because they are bending over and looking under rocks, Jake got tired of his hat falling into the water all the time, so he left it back at camp...

Krautboy

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jake's hat?"
>>In addition, the person's stance is more masculine and typical of Jake. <<

Yes, and the arms-akimbo stance also delineates the length of the person's upper body. This person's torso is clearly longer than Jan's, while Helen's is not.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jake's hat?"
Ok, thanks to both of you. I guess I'll go with the general consensus. My eyes aint that good anyway.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-03-02, 02:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RC analysis"
Ack, Ted or Helen?...I agree with that choice for the obvious reasons but lets also dismiss the others:

Jake: could he look any more unhappy in the RC vidcaps? Would wife eat creepies?

Brian: also looks defeated, add to vidcap of him looking languished in camo shirt (hungry and missing family?) Would wife eat crawlies? (yeah, yeah, I'm biting my tongue, it is too easy...)

Jan: in vidcaps she also has a defeated look (cap of her solo face) and also does defeated gesture in the confessional ( shaking her fists and wincing).

Now back to our candidates:

Evidence for Ted win:
1) Standing up front in water. Sean and Kathy also did this when waving bye to their visiting family.
2) Fudgenut thread.
3) Wife with newborn may be unlikely to go, so Brother in law makes sense and guys love eating dumb stuff.
4) No confessional. Everyone else has a confessional in preview, any reason for Ted not to have one? Sure, if he won RC and hung with family then he does not need a solo confessional, he can talk freely in front of family about game and vidcaps would only give away his status as winner.

Evidence against Ted win:
1) Fudgenut thread had lots of editing done to it, facts changed, and poster never returned (or is that a pro?). And I'm not sure, but I also think it did not say he won, just that his brother in law visited, meanin it was a game status spoiler not a RC win spoiler.
2) If family member is arriving, why doesn't he look more ecstatic? why didn't he change his shirt? why does no one stand next to him? where the heck is Helen?
3) If family member is departing, why doesn't anyone walk towards ted to comfort him? why would they ALL, including Ted, be crabbing while ted sees his brother off?

Evidence for a Helen win:
1) Where the hell-en is she in the beach vidcap? arriving or departing on a ship? Arriving makes more sense, gang was crabbing at moment ship was sighted. They would not see her off in a bon voyage crabfest.
2) Her excitement in RC vidcaps. There are two different moments (Clay's buff shifts positions). So one is a "Joy, joy, I see family" and other could be "joy, joy I won something"
3) Vidcap of her standing with another person. Notice that if this tarantula really freaked them out they would not be so close to the table. The person on her left even has their hand on the table. Fear has a stink and this vidcap is not very malodorous.
4) Family member could be husband, guys love eating dumb stuff.
5) Narrator quote, "Winner will have tears of joy..." She'll flow like Niagra if she wins.
6) The "Hell no!" quote in confessional. Could context be, "Was I going to lose that RC? Hell no!". I can't see it being the reverse, as fitting as it sounds, "Was I going to eat that creepy crawly? Hell no!" Nah, she is too damn excited to see family to have that attitude.
7) Motivated? Did the tree mail reveal family in RC? making her run back to camp (vidcap of her and jan running)
8) RC vidcap that appears that everyone is happy for her.
9) Two different confessionals. One pre RC, one post RC? Winner is usually foreshadowed in a pre-challenge confessional, "Am I going to lose RC today? Hell no"

Evidence against Helen:
1) Arm in vidcap of family at RC looks more like a "daughter arm". Lessens chances of winning?
2) Some vidcaps of her at RC do look like a "hell no I ain't eating that" or "damn, my family member did not eat it"

OK, I started out with a 50/50 mindset of RC winner, but after listing these out as they came to me, I'm leaning towards a Helen win.

Who knows?....feel free to smack this around for a spell or two...

BI

(With the moniker "Big Idiot" all my speculations are win/win)

Ronii29 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-03-02, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ronii29 Click to send private message to Ronii29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: RC Winner: Helen or Ted?"
Wasn't there a spoiler earlier in the game where Clay's wife had said that Clay had no contact with family members for 39 days? Would that spoiler still fit if he actually got to see a family member during a reward challenge?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •