The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-27-02, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
From survivornews.net
http://histar.com/mornings/starchive/2002/11/audio/mark_burnett.asx

MB restates that they are filming S6 in the Amazon and goes on to say that Survivor 9 will be the all star survivor most likely.
This way he can have 2 from each season. This makes it more fair.

I was thinking that 2 from each season would be incredibly difficult.

"I got a kiss from Clay Jordan, oh my god am I queen for a day" - Helen Glover

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... Loree 11-27-02 1
   RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... Bungler 11-27-02 2
 RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... BaquaR13 11-27-02 3
   RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... SurvivorBlows 11-27-02 4
       RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... BaquaR13 11-28-02 8
       RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... LionChow 12-02-02 25
 RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... BMH 11-27-02 5
   RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... okonkwo 11-27-02 7
 RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... Loree 11-27-02 6
   RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... skyisbluu 11-28-02 9
       RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... Kokoro 11-29-02 10
           RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... amazinracer 11-30-02 11
 RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... corcam 11-30-02 12
   RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... Loree 11-30-02 13
       Forget Africa? AyaK 12-04-02 26
 RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... ulalame 12-01-02 14
   RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... rockluver 12-01-02 15
       Woops rockluver 12-01-02 16
           RE: Woops phonarr 12-02-02 20
       RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... Mapo 12-01-02 17
   RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... BaquaR13 12-01-02 18
 RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... Bungler 12-01-02 19
   RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... Cin 12-02-02 21
       RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... Loree 12-02-02 22
           RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 w... esquire 12-02-02 24
 RE: Winners vs. Losers Boilermaker 12-02-02 23
   Sharpen those knives! Round Robin 12-05-02 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-02, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
How would he ever pick which 2 from each season? I sure hope he doesn't pick the final 2 of each one. I would hate to sit through Vee and Neleh again. And Mama Kim? Maybe the fans will get to vote and he can ask back the most popular?

But what he might do is invite back the players he really liked that didn't make it far. Like Hunter and Gina.

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-27-02, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
I don't think any previous million dollar winners should be allowed on the show, no matter how many from each season make it.

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-27-02, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
judging from the interview he seems close with: Sean (S1), Jenna, Ethan, Colby: also said public could vote who they want to come back. I would definetly choose Elisabeth, but she has said she wouldn't do it again, so who knows...

The Reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-02, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
>judging from the interview he seems close with: Sean (S1), Jenna,
>Ethan, Colby: also said public could vote who they want
>to come back. I would definetly choose Elisabeth, but she
>has said she wouldn't do it again, so who knows...

Survivor 9 wouldn't be for at least another 18 months -- who knows how media desperate she might be by then... this is showbiz, never is never never.

-SB

11-28-02, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
True. We also have to take into consideration that he WILL have to choose some people. He may have to choose some younger people from the early survivor because he would want to have a balanced game. If we elect Rudy and Sonja, i don't think it would work out. Those people are getting too old. How would we be able to vote anyways? I am not sure MB has given a lot of thought to the idea, but i love it none the less.

BaQuAr13

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-02-02, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
>never is never never.
>-SB

Sounds like SB has pegged the next James Bond title.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-27-02, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
I don't like that idea at all...

I mean I would rather have 4 from each season..cuz only bringin back 2 from each season is kind of dumb...I want more!!

I don't think Winners should be included...but they should be like guest hosts or participate in some way..just so we can see them

If I had to pick right now...

S1~Jenna and Gervase
S2~Jerri and Colby
S3~Lex and Kelly G
S4~Rob M and Gina
S5~Shii Ann and Robb
S6~??
S7~??
S8~??

But I would still much rather have more people participate for their respective seasons..

okonkwo 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-27-02, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okonkwo Click to send private message to okonkwo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
It makes sense to have the 9th one be with 2 people from each season.

A) If he was going to do 4 people from the first 4 seasons, the time to do it was S5 but instead he went with a whole new cast. So if he did do an all star cast it wouldnt be fair to just include the first 4 and exclude the 5th one.

B) This way he can also have a person from each season a tribe. Each tribe would be made from a person from each of the nine tribes. This would prevent old season voting blocks in the beginning because no one would have been on the same cast on each tribe until either a swap or merge.

I think its a fantastic idea and I cant wait.

11-27-02, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
I think if he did invite any winners they would be the first voted off. The others would think they didn't need the money.

skyisbluu 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-28-02, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyisbluu Click to send private message to skyisbluu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
I agree totally that if MB had former winners on the all-star show, they would get voted off first, maybe not for the money but out of fear that they had the knowledge and scheeming-ness to win the first time around, they might just do it again!
Also, having more than one person from a season on a same tribe would automatically create "assumed" alliances. There has to be one person per season per tribe. It's the only way the whole idea would work. Of course, survivor has to last that long....

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-29-02, 04:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-02 AT 04:16 AM (EST)

I don't believe this - you're jumping to conclusions too quickly. I, for one hope all winners are invited back (ugh except for Ethan unless that's absolutely necessary). Think about it: We already know these people. The most interesting thing in the game will most definitely be the strategic element this time around and I don't think we want to see crappy players taking a stab at the title of "Ultimate-Ultimate Survivor".

Infact, I wouldn't really mind if ~only~ the final 2 of each season made it in (depending on who gets there for the next few seasons, of course ;) because then it would add validity to the "All-Star" title.

S1: Richard, Kelly <Alt. Most of the rest of the cast.>
S2: Tina, Colby
S3: Lex, Teresa <Alt. Kelly>
S4: Vee, Kathy <Alt. Neleh, Rob>
S5: Not sure yet....Shii Ann definitely.

Really, they're going to have to do more than one "All-Star" edition; there's going to be way too many cool people left out.
If only they had just made it Survivor 6, where they could justify leaving off Survivor 5 people due to lack of recovery time.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

amazinracer 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-30-02, 04:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail amazinracer Click to send private message to amazinracer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
how is first two voted out??

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-30-02, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
I think it would be better for there to be 4 instead of 2, 2 just seems so small and they can get away from the traditonal 16 and increase it to 32, and make the series longer so there is only 1 that year instead of 2.

Pulau Tiga--Fall 2000

BB
Colleen
Dirk
Gervase
Greg
Gretchen
Jenna
Joel
Kelly
Ramona
Richard
Rudy
Sean
Sonja
Stacey
Susan

(I would prefer a cast of Colleen, Gervase, Jenna, and Kelly & if I had to pick 2 I would choose Colleen and Gervase)

Outback--Spring 2001

Alicia
Amber
Colby
Debb
Elisabeth
Jeff
Jerri
Keith
Kel
Kimmi
Maralyn
Michael
Mitchell
Nick
Rodger
Tina

(The outback cast is difficult since they were actually interesting LOL, but it would have to be Alicia, Colby, Elisabeth, and Michael.. I know people would like to know how far he would actually go.. and if I had to choose 2 Michael and Elisabeth)

Africa--Fall 2001

Brandon
Carl
Clarence
Diane
Ethan
Frank
Jessie
Kelly
KimJ
KimP
Lex
Linda
Lindsey
Silas
Teresa
Tom

(Boring cast LOL, maybe they will let us substitute people from The Outback.. but I guess Ethan, Kelly, KimP, and Tom, and 2 would be Kelly and KimP)

Marquesas--Spring 2002

Gabriel
Gina
Hunter
John
Kathy
Neleh
Paschal
Patricia
Peter
Rob
Robert
Sarah
Sean
Tammy
Vecepia
Zoe

(My 4 would have to be Gina, Hunter, Rob..sooooo hot, and Tammy, 2 Rob and someone else)

Thialand--Fall 2002

Brian
Clay
Erin
Ghandia
Helen
Jake
Jan
Jed
John
Ken
Penny
Robb
ShiiAnn
Stephanie
Tanya
Ted

(Well these people are just plain boring not to mention the final people left gag gag... Tanya, Ken, Brian, and Penny 2 would be probably Ken and Tanya)ShiiAnn is not interesting at all

11-30-02, 08:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
Yes I would like to forget the Africa cast and maybe even this present cast. I would like to see the other ones get more than 2.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-02, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Forget Africa?"
I guess I must have been the only person who liked the Africa cast. Lex, Ethan, Tom, Silas, Lindsey, Mother Africa, Kelly G., Brandon, Frank, Don Carl -- what a group of characters! The main surprise, though, was that MamaKim survived to the end, which is why this is the ONLY Survivor finale so far that wasn't decided 4-3.

I agree that S3 was often boring, but I think the survivors were exhausted from all the night watches. It's hard to starve and still have to stay up all night due to the threat from wild animals. The fact that the cast and crew were in REAL DANGER, ALL THE TIME and were constantly surrounded by men with hunting rifles as a result -- but we never saw any of it -- probably didn't help any.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-02, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-02 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

My guess is that it will be a man and a woman, one from each tribe, from each of the previous seasons. I do not think they'll include the final two from each season. My guesses:

From S1: Colleen and Rudy

From S2: Kel and Alicia (Alt. Jerri and Jeff)

From S3: Lex and Teresa

From S4: Rob M. and Kathy

From S5: Tanya and Jed/Ken/Jake (I don't think they'll bring back Robb if they bring back Rob M. and they HAVE to bring back Rob M. in my opinion). (Alt. Brian (assuming he's not in final two, and Shii Ann).

It should be fun!

rockluver 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-01-02, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rockluver Click to send private message to rockluver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
Putting the top 2 from each season would be ridiculous since already had there shot at getting the million so I have a different idea .
My idea would be to take the third place person from each season
and to take the last person from the other tribe from the same season .

So the cast would go like this ...

Ruddy
Colleen
Keith
Liz
Lex
T- Bird
Kathy
Sean ( exception since Vee won )
Jake
S5- Third place ( My guess helen or Brian )

and the rest will be from S6 , S7 and S8 .

Like you see the sexes are equal .

For the tribes I will have Ruddy , Liz , Lex , Sean and my guess for S5 third place for now .

And Colleen , Keith , T- Bird , Kathy and Jake on the other tribe for now.

The tribes seem preety equal for now but the thing that makes me wonder is where it will take place ...

rockluver 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-01-02, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rockluver Click to send private message to rockluver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Woops"
I"m sorry for S5 third place I ment Helen or Jan . Brian will probably come top 2 or 4th but not third .

phonarr 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-02-02, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail phonarr Click to send private message to phonarr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Woops"
rockluver, if this is true, I just hope that Jake doesen't win. Am I the only one who wouldn't be able to stand another second of Penny?

Mapo 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-01-02, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mapo Click to send private message to Mapo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
Thats a good idea rockluver..It would give all the 3rd place finishers another chance..and I bet it really sucks to come in third place..I mean you are right there..but you just miss the final 2..

12-01-02, 09:11 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
Doubtful it would be Rudy. I think he might be too old by then!

BaQuAr13

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-01-02, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
We're making picks?

As far as I'm concerned, any "All Star" Survivor without Jeff Varner is simply a waste of time. But picking 2 from each season, I'd go with...

Pulau Tiga... Gretchen (who shoulda won, and got shafted way too early) and Sue Hawk (who still amuses me greatly)

Australia... Jeff and Alicia

Africa... Kelly and Brandon (I think both played Survivor like it's supposed to be played)

Marquesas... John and Hunter

Thailand... I don't like any of these people that much. Going on my "previous winners shouldn't be allowed to play" and my hunch that Helen won't win, I'll pick her for one, and just settle on Jake for the other.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
I think Rob M. from Marquesas HAS to be on there! here is how I'd do it....

Palau Tiga... Didn't get to see it so i'm not sure.... Maybe Sue Hawk

Australia... Alicia and Colby

Africa... Lex and T-bird (alt is Lindsy)

Marquesa... Rob M. and Kathy

Thiland... Helen and Ken (maybe?)

I would think they would proably pick one person from each original tribe...

Cin

12-02-02, 01:17 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
I agree about Jeff Varner. He has to be back. And when I think about it the last person that didn't make the jury is quite often the person I would pick. Gretchen, Jeff, Clarence, Rob M, okay this is where I don't agree... Shii Ann. Yes she was a player but I just didn't like her. But they often voted off the person I liked right before the jury.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-02-02, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Mark Burnett Says Survivor 9 will most likely be the All Star Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-02 AT 02:03 PM (EST)

I would also like to see the first juror again. They are usually a strong player as well (Greg, Alicia, Kelly, and John)

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-02-02, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Winners vs. Losers"
An interesting way to stage the game would be the winner of each Survivor and either a fan voting for the other contestant or MB picks a non-winner to be the other person selected from each season. Then place all the winners on one tribe, the losers on another. Then people couldn't vote someone off initially based on them winning before. Although this would present the winners with a great chance of winning it all, who cares...it would make great TV and create villans of the previous winners.

Maybe make an exception for Vee being selected however.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-05-02, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Sharpen those knives!"
I say Burn-it oughta pick the best connivers and backstabbers from each series, one man and one woman from each. That'd make some interesting TV if nobody trusted anybody else and the knives were out constantly. And it'd be interesting to see how a backstabber-stacked cast would handle the use of and fighting against alliances. This kind of cast would IMO be more fun than an eye candy show or an all-Final 2 show.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •