The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If Helen-Ted-Jan are the final three, who makes the final three?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-02, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If Helen-Ted-Jan are the final three, who makes the final three?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-02 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

Edited to Add: That was an incredibly bad blunder in the title, wasn't it? It should be if Helen-Ted-Jan are the final three, who makes the final two?

It seems that there is more and more discussion about a possible Helen-Ted-Jan alliance. I’ll leave it to other threads to discuss the evidence pro and con for this notion. My question here is, if the H-T-J alliance does exist and succeeds in becoming the final three, who would each person take to the final two?

I don’t think it is a cut and dried question that Ted would be the odd person out in this alliance. We have three separate scenarios, and here is how I think they would play out.

Helen wins final immunity. Does Helen take Ted or Jan? Based on the exit polling done at the Tribal Council precinct, Jan seems to be quite the popular tribemate. She might be able to make a complete sweep of the delegates from Sook Jai, which would be enough to give her the title. Indeed, she could even get a complete sweep of the Chuay Guan votes. Jan would certainly grab Ted’s vote (insert grinding joke here) and probably Brian’s (because he would feel she betrayed him less than Helen did). The only vote I can see her losing is Clay’s because she voted for him earlier and, as Jan herself said, “Clay doesn’t forget.” On the other hand, Helen voted for Clay too, so that could just as easily toss Clay’s vote to Jan. It all adds up to Helen taking Ted to the final two.

(Digression number one. Were we given that statement in one of Jan’s rare confessionals as foreshadowing?)

Ted wins final immunity. Ted’s choices, obviously enough, are Helen and Jan. (Could you imagine if Robb had made it that far and won final immunity? Jeff: “Robb. Who do you want to take to the final two with you?” Robb: “Jed.” Jeff: “Remember Robb, Jed was voted off weeks ago. Your choices are Shii Ann and Clay.” Robb: “Stephanie!” At which point Jeff does his best impersonation of Homer choking Bart…) Ted, though feeling loyalty to Jan, has to take Helen for the same reasons Helen has to take Ted if she wins final immunity.

Jan wins final immunity. Here we would see who Jan was most closely aligned with, Helen or Ted. It wouldn’t matter who she chose – she would win either way – but she would have the chance to take her closest ally with her.

(Digression number two. The more I think about it, the more I think that Big Tom, Ethan, and Lex had the right idea. Form a final three alliance, not a final two alliance. It protects you more than a final two alliance does, yet doesn’t become as unwieldy as a final four alliance does.)

Well, that’s my take on it. Anyone else?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If Helen-Ted-Jan are the final ... ejm92 11-27-02 1
   RE: If Helen-Ted-Jan are the final ... smrtNsassybnkr 11-27-02 2
       RE: If Helen-Ted-Jan are the final ... BMH 11-27-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-27-02, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If Helen-Ted-Jan are the final three, who makes the final three?"
Well, looks like Jan/Ted are F2 favorites....but due to the attention Helen has been getting, I could forsee her in the finals with Jan or Ted....but if I had to choose, I'd go Jan/Ted out of those three....although I think the F2 won't consist of those two, I still have a gut feeling it'll be Jake/Ted or Jake/Jan.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-27-02, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If Helen-Ted-Jan are the final three, who makes the final three?"
EJM...I agree completely with you. I don't quite know how he is going to do it, but Jake will be in the final 2....in fact, I think he will win it all! I also think he will take Jan with him. He will have all three of the Sook Jai votes, and I think at least one Chewy (perhaps clay! *gasp*) will vote for him, due to his ability to Out-wit and Out-last. Especially since the CG have already marked him as the next to go.....

Immunity next week will save him, and he will go that extra mile and make an alliance that will take him to the F2. (perhaps Jan/Ted/Jake final alliance. )

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-27-02, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If Helen-Ted-Jan are the final three, who makes the final three?"
God...I hope your right!

Jake is the only one left that I really feel good about him winning..Seeing Clay or Jan win would be an embarrassment to the Survivor Franchise..In my opinion

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •