The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-02, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-02 AT 01:37 AM (EST)

Guess he's back from filming S6? ...I thought filming was scheduled to end on 12/23 -- then what's he doing in the States on 12/19? ...why no Rosie -- are two gigs in the same year too much work for her?

THE SOLE SURVIVOR WILL BE REVEALED DURING A SPECIAL
TWO-HOUR FINALE OF "SURVIVOR: THAILAND," THURSDAY, DEC. 19

Final Episode Will Be Followed by a Live Reunion Show,
Hosted by Jeff Probst, Featuring All 16 Survivors Together
For the First Time Since The Series Was Filmed in Thailand

CBS will reveal the sole survivor on a special two-hour series finale of SURVIVOR: THAILAND, Thursday, Dec. 19 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), immediately followed by SURVIVOR: THAILAND – THE REUNION, a one-hour live reunion show to be hosted by Jeff Probst that will feature all 16 survivors (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.

After enduring 39 days of monsoon storms, scorching weather, hunger, dehydration, exhaustion, deadly snakes, thieving monkeys and new twists and new challenges for 39 days, the winner of SURVIVOR: THAILAND will finally be revealed. The finale will begin with the final four survivors striving to outwit, outplay and outlast their competitors for the $1 million prize. The sole survivor will be chosen by a jury, which is made up of seven individuals previously voted out of the tribe.

Immediately following the finale Jeff Probst will host SURVIVOR: THAILAND – THE REUNION (10:00-11:00 PM, LIVE ET/ delayed PT). Probst will preside over a live gathering of the 16 survivors, reunited for the first time since leaving the island Koh Tarutao. Viewers will hear their stories of what life was really like on the rugged Thai island off the southern coast of Thailand, and how their lives and relationships may have changed as a result. The Special will also provide the winner with his/her first opportunity to speak publicly about the experience – and her/his plans for the $1 million prize.

SURVIVOR: THAILAND is produced by SEG, Inc. Mark Burnett is the executive producer. Mark Burnett and Al Berman are the executive producers of SURVIVOR: THAILAND – THE REUNION.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Releas... ivoryElephant 11-27-02 1
   RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Releas... Loree 11-27-02 12
 RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Releas... smiley 11-27-02 2
 RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Releas... weltek 11-27-02 3
 RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Releas... zzz 11-27-02 4
   RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Releas... Q 11-27-02 5
 RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Releas... samboohoo 11-27-02 6
 RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Releas... ejm92 11-27-02 7
 Secret Location dabo 11-27-02 8
 Amen, hallelujah! Bebo 11-27-02 9
 RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Releas... FesterFan1 11-27-02 10
   RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Releas... PackMan 11-27-02 14
 RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Releas... frisky 11-27-02 11
 Just Jiffy moonbaby 11-27-02 13
 RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Releas... MatineeIdol 11-27-02 15
 "her/his"?!?!?! SurvivinDawg 11-27-02 16
   RE: "her/his"?!?!?! SurvivorBlows 11-27-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-27-02, 03:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
I am glad he is going to host it. He knows them the best and knows what the audience wants.

"I got a kiss from Clay Jordan, oh my god am I queen for a day" - Helen Glover

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-02, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
I agree Jeff is a good host. I didn't want to see Rosie again. And Jeff fits in well. If he couldn't do it one of the former Survivors would have been a good choice like Jeff Varner or one of the other people that we enjoyed listening to and has been through the process.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-27-02, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
maybe its not being filmed in the states? the reunion I mean LOL

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-02, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
Nothing in this leads us to believe that the winner will be announced live on stage as in the last few seasons...I hope we are in for a change of pace.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-27-02, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
Finally Les Moonves got a clue and realized who should host the reuinion. Gumball was annoying and Rosie was just plain awful. It's about time they gave Jiffy a chance.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-27-02, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
I agree. Rosie did not even talk to several of the Suvivor 4 cast. I thought that was terrible of her to do. I bet Jiffy will do a much better job and since he saw what went on between them, not just what was edited onto the show, he can ferret out much better conversations than anyone who was not on site.

I hope that is.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-02, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
Hopefully No Rosie means No Rosie. God help us if she rides in on the back of Colby's bike with that urn in her hands.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-27-02, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
One reason Jiffy might be hosting is because of bad blood between the contestants, he is a good mediator....this season I've seen more people with hurt feelings, and I wouldn't be surprised if some didn't even want to show (although it's proboably in their contracts) up for the reunion.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-02, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Secret Location"
From what I've heard, according to a promo on the local CBS affiliate, the secret location of the reunion show will be -- Los Angeles! Well, technically, they said somewhere in L.A.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Oh, and yeah for Jiffy hosting it, he should have been doing it all along.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Amen, hallelujah!"
Maybe I'll actually watch the entire reunion show this year.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-02, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
I thought filming was scheduled to end on 12/23

According to Survivor Maps, they had reserved the location from 10/22 til 12/22. I've seen a source (I think "Wezzie" from Survivor Maps?) saying that shooting began the week of Nov. 4, which would mean that Day 39 should be somewhere between 12/11 and 12/17. That would give him time to get back to the states to do the finale.

Fester

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-27-02, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
That makes sense. I think they would allow about a week after shooting to break camp and perform all the necessary cleanup.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-02, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
Well, good for the Probemeister. It never seemed right for him to not stick around after announcing the winner.

>>After enduring 39 days of monsoon storms, scorching weather, hunger dehydration, exhaustion, deadly snakes, thieving monkeys and new twists and new challenges for 39 days, the winner of SURVIVOR: THAILAND will finally be revealed.

On a speculation note, why do they stress that the winner will be revealed after the 39 days are up, instead of alluding to the number of weeks that the audience has been watching? They actually allude to the 39 days twice in the same sentence. I wonder if the winner will be revealed on site a la Survivor One, and only the reunion show will be live.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-02, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Just Jiffy"
At long last I've got Jiffy alone!

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-27-02, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: CBS Finale Episode Press Release... no Rosie, no Gumball, just Jiffy"
CBS wouldn't dare touch Rosie after the controversial year that she has had. I don't think it would have anything to do with her lesbian annoucement (who DIDN'T know she was a lesbian?) but she has really made herself look bad with the magazine and stand-up act.

Jeff Probst should have been the one doing it all along. Who better to question the survivors than the man who has seen it all?

I bet the contestants wish Rosie were still doing the show - after all last time ALL the survivors got trips and cars!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-02, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. ""her/his"?!?!?!"
The Special will also provide the winner with his/her first opportunity to speak publicly about the experience – and her/his plans for the $1 million prize.

Okay, the common jargon for the English language, used my most people of all political persuasions , is "his/her", but in this article someone put "her/his"...

This is either a slip-up, or intentional misdirection...

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-02, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: "her/his"?!?!?!"

>This is either a slip-up, or intentional misdirection...

...or maybe just written by a woman

I don't think anything can be read into this.

-SB

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •