The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""The Office" Special"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-21-04, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""The Office" Special"
Here's a link to the San Francisco Chronic Ill's television columnist, who discusses the impending special and describes the entire "Office" series far better than I could. For the love of god, watch this show.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/10/21/DDGP79CFBK1.DTL

The Hills Have IceCat.

Down here...we all...FLOAT.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "The Office" Special HuckleberryHound 10-24-04 1
 RE: "The Office" Special SilverStar 10-25-04 2
   RE: "The Office" Special ginger 10-25-04 3
 RE: "The Office" Special Canada Girl 11-08-04 4
   RE: "The Office" Special ginger 11-11-04 5
       "The Office" 1, 2, @ Special magrurry 01-07-05 14
   RE: "The Office" Special magrurry 11-21-04 6
 RE: "The Office" Special SilverStar 12-01-04 7
   RE: "The Office" Special ginger 12-01-04 8
       bad cover of good song magrurry 12-01-04 9
           RE: bad cover of good song ginger 12-03-04 10
       Watched it... SilverStar 12-06-04 11
           RE: Watched it... ginger 12-06-04 12
               RE: Watched it... SilverStar 12-06-04 13
 Is there anyway to see Season 2 on ... shakes the clown 01-12-05 15
   RE: Is there anyway to see Season 2... magrurry 01-12-05 16
   RE: Is there anyway to see Season 2... ginger 01-13-05 17
   found it! shakes the clown 01-17-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HuckleberryHound 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-04, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HuckleberryHound Click to send private message to HuckleberryHound Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "The Office" Special"
I have not seen it yet, but I heard it was the terrifically funny. It is definately on my list.

Anyone else?

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-04, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "The Office" Special"
I don't have BBC, but I just recently watched both seasons of The Office on DVD and I can't wait for this special to come out! This show is hilarious!

One word: GOTHMOG!
C0CK!!

10-25-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "The Office" Special"
I adore it. Lvoed the Special, even the corny ending (which BF hated). Have to caution folks, though-it's a quiet, wry chuckle kind of humor, not a belly laugh type thing. Sort of like Christopher Guest's movies (quasi documentary).

"Can we not discuss my dead mother's breasts?"

The Hills Have IceCat.
Down here...we all...FLOAT.

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-08-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "The Office" Special"
DH and I bought the two seasons on DVD and loved every second. So cringe-worthy but so hilarious.

The special didn't play in Canada. I'm hoping that they'll put it out on DVD.

The BBC show Coupling is also out on DVD. I've seen a few episodes and laughed pretty damn hard.

Keep your eye on the ball!

11-11-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
5. "RE: "The Office" Special"
I like Coupling, too. Don't know why the US version was so freaking awful, given that the scripts were almost identical. But the original Brit series is a great ensemble cast.

magrurry 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-07-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magrurry Click to send private message to magrurry Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. ""The Office" 1, 2, @ Special"
got them for christmas from my hunny. ohhhhh yeah. 4 disc set.
it rules. im telling everyone in Los Angeles to at least rent this show. The american version is gonna suck. know it

11-21-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magrurry Click to send private message to magrurry Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "The Office" Special"
Simply the best "reality" show ever produced. made only more brilliant by the fact that the creators didnt know they had a gem and were keen to quit after 6 episodes. Kudos to whoever it was at BBC2 that changed thier minds. i have seen the special and it is the most fun ive had in a while. nicely wraps up the business of the first two seasons with a nice romantic twist that will make you cheer at the end. i watched it at two in the morning on DVD and rose out of my chair yelling "Yesssss!" at the end. wont give it away, but you will cheer too. am planning on buying the dvd box set but want someone to get it for me for X-Mas.

12-01-04, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "The Office" Special"
Just wanted to report that this special has been released on DVD. I should be receiving it from Netflix tomorrow and I can't wait to watch!!

A winter creation by the loverly and talented Mon Cherie!

12-01-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
8. "RE: "The Office" Special"
You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll laugh again.

I hope they include the wonderfully AWFUL cover of "If You Don't Know Me By Now."

The 8 Days of Slice. Such a smart girl!

12-01-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
9. "bad cover of good song"
it is included (the full version)also is included the long version of "free love freeway" This is a MUST have

12-03-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
10. "RE: bad cover of good song"
"And then she died."

"NO, she didn't die!"

A classic.

12-06-04, 11:50 AM (EST)
11. "Watched it..."
LOVED IT! Watched it again. I haven't sent it back to Netflix yet, I just might watch it a 3rd time!

I love watching the bonus features too. Ricky Gervais is just hilarious and I am in love with Martin Freeman. I wish I had thought to ask for the series for x-mas!

Handcrafted by RollDdice, Inspired by Monstah (who are both truly fabulous)
I am not a plonker! Bwahahaha

12-06-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Watched it..."
In its rich tradition of flogging cash cows to death, I am sure the BBC will present you with AMPLE opportunities to see the series and special again, and again, and again. I never worry about missing episodes of anything on BBC.

12-06-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Watched it..."
Ah yes, if only I had BBC! My only opportunities to see it are on dvd, as my basic cable doesn't come with BBC.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, Inspired by Monstah (who are both truly fabulous)

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Is there anyway to see Season 2 on DVD?"
I rented season 1 from Blockbuster and loved it, but they don't have season 2. Then I went to Best Buy and saw that I can buy Season 2, but it is packaged with Season 1 so I would have buy that as well and I really dont want to have to do it.

Also, how can I get the Special on DVD? Is it out in that format?

ONe last thing...do they replay season 2 and the special on the BBC cause I think I get that channel on my Comcast digital cable?

So don't take the simple
fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

01-12-05, 06:57 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Is there anyway to see Season 2 on DVD?"
Shakes, where do you live?
cause if you live on the westside, you can go to this video store called "Vidiots" on PICO blvd

01-13-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Is there anyway to see Season 2 on DVD?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-05 AT 02:55 PM (EST)

They've replayed the second season and the special a lot on BBC in the past couple of months. Suspect they'll be rerunning them semiannually for years to come. I'll see if I can find out more.

ETA link to BBC America.com; it appears episodes are airing tonight and in future.

http://bbcamerica.com/genre/comedy_games/the_office/the_office.jsp

Let's not discuss my dead mother's breasts. Full stop.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-05, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "found it!"
I went to Best Buy on Friday and found the second season and special being sold seperately. Bought em both, but now I feel really stupid for not just buying season 1 as well, even though I have already seen it.

Finished watching the second season over the weekend...it was great, but not as funny as season 1. Haven't watched the special yet.

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •