The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Erin's Friends"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-25-02, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Erin's Friends"
Article on Erin, she lists who she is still friendly with (helpful?)

Surviving 'Survivor': Ousted Austinite has a new outlook on life
By Diane Holloway
AMERICAN-STATESMAN TELEVISION WRITER
Thursday, November 21, 2002

Erin Collins has been a "Survivor: Thailand" castoff since July 3, but we didn't find out until Nov. 7, when the heave-ho was televised.

Collins is the 26-year-old Austinite and former Sook Jai tribe member who kept a low profile and made friends. Maybe that was her downfall.

"I was extremely surprised," Collins said. "Now that I look back, I'm happy with the way I played the game. I went there with my integrity and came home with it. It's good to watch the show now and see that nobody had anything bad to say about me."

Collins admits she shed a few tears when she was ousted, but she's grateful for the adventure.

"It was an awesome experience," she said. "The first couple of days were the hardest, but I learned a lot about myself. I think it put my life in perspective, because I had been working really hard with real estate in the day and the bar at night. Now that I'm back, I enjoy things more, and I'm not as stressed out."

Collins, who works a few nights a week at the Aquarium Bar on Sixth Street, has already voted in the selection of the $1 million winner and will join her fellow castaways Dec. 19 for the live announcement and reunion.

The CBS series is fun for viewers but hard on participants.

"I never realized how not having food would weigh on me," says Collins, who lost 17 pounds. "Your thought processes slow down, you stand up and you're dizzy. You try to contribute to your tribe, but it gets really difficult."

Bonding with people you can't trust and may have to vote off is hard, too. Nevertheless, Collins remains friendly with Penny, Jake, Robb and Jed from her tribe, and Jan, Helen and Clay from Chuay Ghan. All but Robb have Texas connections.

"We have a lot to talk about, and it's neat to see how we feel after we've come home," Collins says.

Collins hasn't decided when she'll finish her degree in nutrition at the University of Texas. Like other "Survivor" veterans, she wouldn't mind a detour into show business.

"That wasn't the reason I did the show, but if I get an offer, I might be interested, maybe host a TV show," she says.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Erin's Friends Spidey 11-25-02 1
 RE: Erin's Friends frisky 11-25-02 2
   RE: Erin's Friends Spidey 11-25-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-25-02, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Erin's Friends"
>Bonding with people you can't trust
>and may have to vote
>off is hard, too. Nevertheless,
>Collins remains friendly with Penny,
>Jake, Robb and Jed from
>her tribe, and Jan, Helen
>and Clay from Chuay Ghan.

it *could* indicate that she did not get to know Brian and Ted well and they are possibly F2

OR

it *could* mean she just didn't like em.

>All but Robb have Texas connections.

This could explain it too. Unfortunately, I think this is one that will prove a spoiler, if a all, only in hindsight. But given the value other friends lists we have encountered have provided, I think it is certainly something to throw into the mix for consideration.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-02, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Erin's Friends"
>Collins remains friendly with Penny, Jake, Robb and Jed from her tribe,

an insignificant point since she had lots of time with these people

>and Jan, Helen and Clay from Chuay Ghan.

Jan and Helen I can see because they spent time together around the campfire swapping recipes. The ladies of Chuay Jai seemed to hang out together a lot. But Clay? Clay also went to Penny's wedding.

Looks like Clay may be doing some bonding with the jury soon.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-02, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Erin's Friends"
But Clay? Clay also went to Penny's wedding.
Looks like Clay may be doing some bonding with the jury soon.

You know what? That is a much better way of looking at it. Who is ON the list. I was looking at who wasn't and explaining it away. But for Erin to have time to bond with Clay, I would image there is definitely jury time in his not too distant future.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •