The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-22-02, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
I was going to post this under Chewy alliances, but it got so long I thought I'd give it its own thread. I'm really interested in other spoiler's thoughts on this point.

Here is a direct transcript of the conversation among the Chewie 5 about who to vote out in those few minutes between IC and TC last night. Standing left to right are Helen, Brian, Clay, Ted, and Jan.
Helen: I think the snake has to go.
Brian: Yep. Me too.
Clay: Who?
Brian: The snake has to go.
Clay: Who? Jake?
Brian: Uh-huh. Number one.
(Helen holds up one finger and nods.)

Then we get an earlier confessional from Ted about wanting to vote Penny out because she is sucking up to Brian and Clay.

Back to night. Ted is now standing next to Brian
Ted: Are you Ok with this or no?
At that point the conversation becomes unintelligible.

Now there's more than one way to read this, but the only one that makes any sense to me is that Ted AND JAN swayed B/H/C from their preferred vote choice of Jake. Brian and Helen are pretty clear who their "number one" target is, and it isn't Penny. Clay's statements are more equivocal, but since he actually voted for Jake you can bet he wasn't a leader in the switch to Penny either.

Could Ted have gone it alone? Maybe. But if B/H/C and Jan all wanted to vote out Jake, their votes would have been enough regardless of what Ted did. I doubt if one vocal person could have swayed 3, but 2 vocal people could sway 3 who don't particularly care, especially if they assume Jake will go next week anyway.

But we've had no evidence Jan and Ted are on the same wavelength. We never see them together or interacting and they seem rather different. Or have we? Here's a little graphic showing who snuffed whose torch. The left is the snuffer; the right is the torches they snuffed in order.

Jan: Penny, Penny, Jake, Ted, Helen
Ted: Penny, Jake
Helen: Clay, Ted, Brian, Brian, Jan, Jan, Ted
Brian: Helen
Clay: None
Jake: Brian, Clay, Clay, Jan
Penny: Jake

Notice that Jan and Ted followed the same strategy: Take out Penny, then Jake. Not as solid as the Rotu 4 pecking order, but it does seem to show they are on the same wavelength.

Is it possible that Jan and Ted have at least a loose alliance? Up until now I've viewed Batty Granny Janny as the second coming of Kim J., a weak, unpopular woman hoping just to hang on as long as possible. That's what the editing has led us to believe. Jan, the crazy lady who buries bats. Jan, who at TC last night, was asked if she worries about people walking off into the woods and forming alliances (subtly implying that she certainly isn't doing anything like that). Jan the drunk. Jan, that dumb lady, who we wrote off in the first week when we she made the dumbest tribal selection picks in the universe.

Except that we know most of that isn't true. Erin and Ken at least have thought of Jan as a sweet woman (in contrast to most opinions of Kim J.) and didn't even know about the pet cemetery. Jan's Chewie picks obviously were smarter than we thought. Maybe Jan is forming alliances.

Another point: Helen mentioned yesterday that Jake told her he knew of a Chewie "pecking order". Reading between the lines, I think that order is as follows.
5. Ted
4. Jan
3. Helen
Final 2, Clay & Brian.

If Jake approached Helen with this, there is no reason in the world to believe he didn't also approach Ted and Jan. Finding out you are at the bottom of a pecking order makes strange bedfellows...I don't think Sean and Neleh ever would have joined the same alliance otherwise. And as a final note, while Clay and Brian were eating in paradise and Jake and Helen were fetching water, Ted and Jan must have been back at camp. We saw nothing of what they did/said.

Sorry this is so long, but I did want to lay out a theory. I do know that "Alliances revealed rarely succeed" and that I would never in a million years have guessed that Tina and Colby had a secret alliance before Keith was voted out. And I'm starting to think that Jan might not be the second coming of Kim J. She might be the second coming of Tina.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? Chrissy gal 11-22-02 1
   RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? SteffiGurl 11-23-02 2
 Swing Votes Krautboy 11-23-02 3
   Would Ted really take Jan over Bria... TribalTex29 11-26-02 31
 Furthermore... frisky 11-23-02 4
   Well... survivormitsx 11-24-02 5
       RE: Well... Chrissy gal 11-24-02 6
       The Hidden Alliance Krautboy 11-24-02 7
           RE: The Hidden Alliance survivormitsx 11-24-02 8
           RE: The Hidden Alliance GuessItRains 11-25-02 18
 Jan + Ted clues - more analysis nee... big idiot 11-24-02 9
   RE: Jan Ted clues - more analysis... Krautboy 11-24-02 10
       RE: Jan Ted clues - more analysis... Chrissy gal 11-24-02 11
       RE: Jan Ted clues - more analysis... big idiot 11-25-02 12
           But What About? sweetpea 11-25-02 13
               RE: But What About? munson 11-25-02 14
               RE: But What About? forehead 11-25-02 15
               Jan's vote frisky 11-25-02 16
               RE: But What About? Spidey 11-25-02 17
                   RE: But What About? frisky 11-25-02 20
 RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? GuessItRains 11-25-02 19
   RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? Brownroach 11-25-02 21
       RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? SteffiGurl 11-26-02 22
           RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? prairieboypicks 11-26-02 23
               RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? xrunner 11-26-02 24
                   RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? Krautboy 11-26-02 25
                       RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? xrunner 11-26-02 26
           RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? skeetergirl87 11-26-02 27
               RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? Devious Weasel 11-26-02 28
           RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? Devious Weasel 11-26-02 29
               RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? murraythedog 11-26-02 30
 Jan shown as "soul survivor" during... Krautboy 11-28-02 32
 RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? Rich Black 11-30-02 33
   RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? Loree 11-30-02 34
 RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? Krautboy 12-03-02 35
   RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? Brownroach 12-03-02 37
       RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? Krautboy 12-03-02 38
           RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? Brownroach 12-03-02 39
 RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? dcbrott99 12-03-02 36
 RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? ejm92 12-06-02 40
   RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? managerr 12-06-02 41
   Helen again key "swing" weltek 12-06-02 43
 RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? Chrissy gal 12-06-02 42
 RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? AresMars 12-06-02 44
   RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance? Chrissy gal 12-06-02 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-22-02, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
I have thought for a long time that the Ted/Jan alliance is one of the "hidden" alliances.

One thing you forgot: after the Ghandia-Ted incident, Ghandia told Helen that Jan would not vote out Ted so Ghandia wanted to vote out Clay. Jan did vote for Clay to leave, Helen voted for Ghandia to leave.

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-23-02, 05:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
Just for the record, at the beginning of the game, who did Jan pick first for her team? Ted.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-23-02, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Swing Votes"
Good observations by all! I agree that all the evidence seems to confirm that Ted and Jan have had an alliance from the beginning.

Why did Brian/Clay and Helen bow to the wishes of Ted? They didn't...they gave in to the wishes of Ted AND Jan. Ted and Jan, together, represented potential swing votes. Allienate them and it's 4-3 with Brian, Clay or Helen on the short end...Brian and Helen compromised, Clay didn't.

Strong Alliances:

Ted / Jan
Brian / Clay
Brian / Ted

Weaker Alliances:

Helen / Jan
Ted / Helen
Brian / Helen
Jan / Brian

Potential Alliances:

Jake / Helen

Looks like Ted and Jan have a good shot at getting to the F2.

Possible Boot Order:

Jake : 5-1
Clay : 3-2 Ted/Jan/Helen vs Brian/Clay
Brian: 3-1 (If Brian wins Immunity Helen goes before Brian)
Helen: 2-1 Ted wins immunity and takes Jan

F2 : Ted and Jan

Krautboy

TribalTex29 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-26-02, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TribalTex29 Click to send private message to TribalTex29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Would Ted really take Jan over Brian to F2?"
Why would Ted take Jan over Brian unless it was selfless? From what I've seen, Ted knows Jan has more friends from the former Sookie tribe and Brian kept things so much to just himself and other CG members that Ted has to know he stands a better chance against the cunning and quiet Brian (not to mention, upper middle class.

Jan definitely has the likability factor sealed over Brian. Also Brian was shown making more deals with Jake and giving him false voting strategies which may make Jake vote for Jan in the end.

As it stands, I think if the final five were all able to get votes for the grand prize $1M, Jan would get the most votes, followed by Clay, Helen, Ted and then Brian. Clay would obly receive more than Helen because of the 'old boys network that would want a guy to win, opposite of last season.

We also already know that Erin and Penny both connected with Jan, Helen and Clay the most, which most likely means Ken would side with them. If Jan has the opportunity and Brian has already been eliminated, her best chance would be to take Ted or Brian, over Helen (for example) because you might split the female vote.

Just as a disclaimer, I don't agree that all people follow a gender based voting strategy. I for one would want a woman to win over me if I was playing the game, just to be able to say I wasn't beaten by another guy.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-23-02, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Furthermore..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-02 AT 11:42 PM (EST)

Two other points in support of your idea.

There's a clip in the CBS video archive for Wk 10, I think the clip is "Tribe discusses Jake's actions." I think this clip has some good spoiler material that is relevant to this thread. I'd post a transcript of it but I'm at home on a reeeally slow connection so I can't watch it.

In it, Helen runs to TED AND JAN and tells them about her conversation with Jake. For the past week or so, I've been leaning toward JAKE as Jan's secret alliance partner. But in this clip, which I believe was not aired in the episode, Jan is spitting nails at Jake. Ted asks Jan if Jake has approached her, and she said that Jake approached her the first day. This clip shows a VERY different Jan than we see on TV! (Still batty though...)

I've also been thinking about the pecking order thing. Jake tells Helen about it, then she says she heard it from another member of her tribe, so "he's getting his information from someone." If the "known" alliance is Clay/Brian/Ted with Helen and Jan floating around on the periphery, then one of the guys must have whispered the info to one of the women. Maybe it went from Ted to Jan to Helen. If that's the case, then Jan is romancing both Ted AND Helen, ala Brian.

In the video clip, Helen tells Ted and Jan that Jake told her the pecking order. I watched it at work on Friday but I don't remember Ted and Jan's reactions. Surprise? Feigned surprise? Or do the three of them talk about this like they've talked about it before? Damn, I wish I had a faster connection.

(Edited for spelling)

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-24-02, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Well..."
Okay, all of you guys know here I have been a Janny fan since I frst saw her, so seeing her in the final two with Ted (which I have been thinking about since episode 1) seems very likely in my opinion. I am going to do a more in-depth post maybe later, but for now, take a look at this:

Episode One Tribal Council

Episode Two IC

Tribal Council

Episode Four Tribal Council

Episode Nine Tribal Council

PICTURE NOT AVAILABLE YET.

Episode Ten Tribal Council

SEE A PATTERN?!

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

11-24-02, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Well..."
Exactly what I said to my family - Jan always seems to be sitting with Ted; she always seems to congratulate Ted first when they win challenges. I think they have the type of bond that leads to a lasting alliance.

11-24-02, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "The Hidden Alliance"
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-02 AT 02:35 PM (EST)

Excellent work Survivormitsx!

I went back through the images at SurvivorThailand.com and confirmed that Jan and Ted have sat together at EVERY TC they have attended. More than a coincidence! They are also pictured together at every challenge!

Alliances revealed don't succeed, but Jan and Ted's has been well hidden...eventhough it's been their since the beginning.

Alliances revealed to us:

Brian/Ted …Ted approached Brian during a canoe trip
Helen/Brian…Helen consulted with Brian about the Ghandia situation
Clay/Brian…Clay approached Brian on the beach

Helen/Brian/Ted…Helen shown going to Brian/Ted about her conversation with Jake
Jake/Helen…Jake trying to get Helen to make the switch.

Hidden Alliances:

Ted/Jan…we have vidcap evidence showing them together from the beginning
Jan/Helen…a dormant alliance waiting to blossom when Helen makes her move.

Current alliance structure
(****=strongest, *=weaker)

Jake * Helen ** Jan **** Ted *** Brian *** Clay

Ted /Jan/ Helen are in position to take over the game once Jake is gone.
The strongest “hidden alliance” will take Ted and Jan to the final 2…

Krautboy

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-02, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Hidden Alliance"

Awww shucks! Thanks guys! I was going to do a huge thesis thingy on this whole topic (mostly on the thought that Jan wins it all) but theres no need now lol. But, about PT's "Follow the star" theory...think of it this way. Who has been like the major star of the show? Jan. Easy as that.

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

11-25-02, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Hidden Alliance"
Hey Krautboy,

Thanks for the assist on the speculation/spoiling. I posted this Friday a.m. and took the weekend off not expecting it would get that much play. If we think the Jan/Ted thesis is true, then your "alliance map" should help us show at least who the likely boot candidates are next episode: Jake and (if Jake wins immunity) Clay.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-24-02, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Jan + Ted clues - more analysis needed"
GuessItRains, great thread.

I am liking the strong possibility of a Jan/Ted alliance.

I'd like to play devil's advocate here:

1) Snuffing torches challenge: I think the helen/Brian alliance went with the "hide our alliance" approach so they snuffed each other. If the Jan/Ted alliance is strong, and it is believed to be revealed in this challenge, then why did Jan snuff Ted's torch before Helen's?

2) TC seating proximity: It has been stated in this thread that they sat together at all 4 TCs, technically that sat side-by-side at 3 and front-to-back at 1. This does weaken the statistical significance of the interpretation of their seating. I'd encourage someone to do a similar proximity analysis of them arriving at RCs and ICs - this can really help bolster the proximity theory.

Just some thoughts and suggestions (I'm too lazy and absent of taped episodes to actually do any REAL analytical work...sorry...)

11-24-02, 10:19 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Jan Ted clues - more analysis needed"
I'd
>encourage someone to do a
>similar proximity analysis of them
>arriving at RCs and ICs
>- this can really help
>bolster the proximity theory.
>
>Just some thoughts and suggestions (I'm
>too lazy and absent of
>taped episodes to actually do
>any REAL analytical work...sorry...)

OK...Here you go:

Ted and Jan have sat together at every TC and are always in close proximity at Challenges...

EP1 Tribal Council…

EP2 Challenge…

EP2 Tribal Council…

EP3 Chuay Gahn Camp

EP3 IC

EP3 Sook Jai goes to TC

EP4 Chuay Gahn Camp

EP4 Tribal Council…

EP5 Reward Challenge…

EP5 Immunity Challenge…

EP5 Sook Jai goes to TC

EP6 Reward Challenge…

EP6 IC

EP6 Sook Jai goes to TC

EP7 RC…

EP7 Morning after the big Drunk…

EP7 IC victory…

EP7 Sook Jai goes to TC

EP8 Merged camps…

EP8 IC…

EP8 Sook Jai TC

EP9 IC…

(NO TC IMAGES AVAILABLE)
EP 9 TC …I rewatched the tape: Ted and Jan sat next to each other in the back row.

EP10 Tribal Council

Ted and Jan have had an alliance from the beginning...that may very well carry them to the end.

Krautboy

11-24-02, 11:14 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Jan Ted clues - more analysis needed"
Here's one where Jan and Ted are heading to congratulate eachother and Helen is heading for Jan. This goes with Krautboys picture from Ep 7 IC:

Another of them sitting together:

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-02, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jan Ted clues - more analysis needed"
Great work Krautboy!

I love to play with data, so I'll try to organize your findings into a chart:

Jan and Ted together at:

Epi----RC----IC----TC
1------o-----?-----Y
2------?-----?-----Y
3------Y-----?-----o
4------?-----?-----Y
5------Y-----Y-----o
6------Y-----Y-----o
7------Y-----?-----o
8------o-----?-----o
9------Y-----?-----Y
10-----?-----?-----Y
All----5/8---2/10---5/5

o = challenge did not occur OR CG not at TC
Y = Yes, Jan and Ted next to each other
N = No, Jan and Ted not next to each other

That data looks convincing for a Ted and Jan alliance (or romance) ; )

If anyone provides more info I'll update the question marks.

Challenge data should be of them:
1) arriving side-by-side
2) standing side-by-side
3) or celebrating (hugging).
I could even put a # (1,2, and/or 3) to indicate which.

You do not need to post the pic unless you want, you can just type the info and I'll incorporate.

Unfortunately, camp photos can't be included, too random.

Great Job Krautboy : )

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-02, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "But What About?"
Didn't Jan side with Ghandia and voted against Ted at TC while Helen voted with the guys?

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-02, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: But What About?"
I think I remember Ghandia trying to convince Helen to target Clay first because Jan didn't want to vote for Ted? I could be wrong tho...

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-25-02, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: But What About?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-02 AT 09:35 AM (EST)

Jan refused to vote for Ted. She was ok with voting for Clay, which is what both Jan and Ghandia ended up doing...

Edited to say:
This is a great thread. Not only do we have "Tina-like" insights in terms of Jan and Ted sitting together, we also have Jan's flat out refusal to vote for Ted.

11-25-02, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Jan's vote"
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-02 AT 09:47 AM (EST)

Sweetpea....ssshhhh...we're on a roll here. ;)

You know, I thought of Jan's vote the first time I read Guess's post. Then I thought maybe Jan/Ted concocted their alliance after the Ghandia incident.

But then that leaves all this great vidcap speculation up in the air. If Jan/Ted were indeed pre-alliance during the Ghandia boot, then their close proximity in the prior episodes is just a fluke, right? If so, then it could be argued that their closeness in the vidcaps of later episodes is also just a coincidence.

OTOH, perhaps their alliance is so secretive that they planned the vote for Ted to throw off their tribemates. This seems unlikely though because it would've put Ted in too much danger of getting the axe. Unless they knew Helen was going to swing.

Anybody else wanna take a stab at explaining Jan's vote?

Edited to say: D'OH!! Jan didn't vote for Ted. I guess that sorta explains things.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-02, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: But What About?"
ANother thought to bolster this evidence. Prior to the "grind" Ted and Ghandia were close and if I recall correctly, the incident happened after they whispered in each other's ears that night about alliances. Possibly, Ghandia, Ted and Jan formed an early alliance and hence, Jan refuses to vote out Ted. I'll bet Jan was actually releived when Ghandia got the boot (despite targeting herself for voting Clay). No more strain on her alliance with Ted. THen they replaced her with Helen.

11-25-02, 10:21 AM (EST)
20. "RE: But What About?"
And just to tie a neat little bow on that, Spidey...

Helen goes to Jan and Ted who are in cave and describes her convo with Jake the Snake (from CBS video archive).

Ted: So anyway, yeah, we definitely need to stay away from him.
Helen: It was a full on assault and he wanted to know if I...
Ted: {nodding, smiling, interrupting} I figured that.
Helen: I didn't! I figured I'd go get him out of HERE! I figured you guys had {unintelligible}
Ted: I figured he woulda sought ya.
Helen: Yeah
Ted: Course, you don't know if...I don't know if you're the last person...{To Jan, who until this point is in a quiet stupor} Did he talk to you yet?
Jan: Just that very first day.
{Everyone talking at once}
Jan cuts in: You know what I'd say, "I don't trust anything you say because everything I'm hearing is the same thing {inaudible} I don't want to talk about it."
Helen: Oh! There he is!
Ted: You know, when he asked you about alliances...when he asked about alliances, what did you feed him?
Helen: No, he told ME! I didn't give up information.
Ted: Oooohh.
{Jan muttering incomprehensibly during all of this}
Helen: He told me Clay pulled him aside, Clay told him that he plans on winning the game, that...
Jan: Well, doesn't everybody plan on trying to win the game?
Helen: Yeah....that Clay doesn't feel that he can win with Brian, but he feels he can win against me, and feels like he can win against you (Ted), and he feels he can win against Jan. So now, see what that's doing? Then we're saying to ourselves we gotta get rid of Brian.

I think CBS put this video up as more Brian misdirection, but it's value is in outing an alliance between Jan/Ted/Helen. Here is where you can tell they are on the same page:

Ted: You know, when he asked you about alliances...when he asked about alliances, what did you feed him?
Helen: No, he told ME! I didn't give up information.
Ted: Oooohh.

And here is evidence they are not on the same page as Clay:

Helen: He told me Clay pulled him aside, Clay told him that he plans on winning the game, that...
Jan: Well, doesn't everybody plan on trying to win the game?
Helen: Yeah..

Helen's "yeah" is her trademark sarcastic "yeah."

Sorry for yet another long post, but I think this just looks like a real no-holds-barred "intimate" convo between these three.

11-25-02, 10:12 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the discussion on this point. Hard to know if we're right, but glad to see I'm not the only one on this wavelength. And a special shoutout to those of you providing vidcap and other evidence of Jan and Ted's closeness.

Just one or two general comments. I'm not sure I've decided when a Jan/Ted alliance would have formed. I think they've been friends since the beginning but I would bet that it didn't formalize into an actual alliance until after the Ghandia boot. Still, even then Jan was obviously closer to Ted than Clay, hence her vote. I think when Ted formed his alliance with Brian he probably did intend on taking him as an F2 partner, but it's obvious he and Brian aren't that close and he doesn't trust Brian that much. So somewhere between Day 12 and Day 29 I think Jan and Ted came to at least some understanding of how they want to play the game.

I also don't know if I'm convinced that either Jan or Ted wins. Obviously a lot can happen between now and the final. Still the fact that we seem to be coming up with lots of evidence that the two are close but have never heard a peep about it on the show may well mean we have another Tina and Colby on our hands.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-02, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-02 AT 03:33 PM (EST)

Good post and thread, Rains. To all the excellent observations and vidcap evidence posted by others above, I'll add just one thing:

When Ghandia was telling Helen and Jan her side of the Ted incident, Helen was very verbally responsive to Ghandia's account, while Jan said nothing. Then we heard Helen say several times that she believed Ghandia, but again we heard nothing from Jan on the subject.

A small thing, but it seemed that Jan really did not want to take Ghandia's side against Ted. And of course she wouldn't vote against him, as has been pointed out.

I don't know if this is an actual alliance though. I really don't think Ted would get into separate alliances with two different people, and in his mind Brian has been his Final 2 partner, though he seems to be a little worried about that now. I do think that Jan and Ted are on the same wavelength about how things should go, and we will see this more clearly in the voting decisions coming up.

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-26-02, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
Ironically, if Jan and Ted do have an alliance, then Ted would have playing Brian all this time.

prairieboypicks 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-26-02, 05:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prairieboypicks Click to send private message to prairieboypicks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
Damn right!!! Ted and Jan in the final 2...H/T/J in the final 3, Jan wins immunity and takes Ted with her...Jury votes for Jan cuz she is "so dorn nice"...

xrunner 65 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-02, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xrunner Click to send private message to xrunner Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
ok maybe I'm just trying for 4000 hits on my article but I will point out why I picked Jan and Ted in week one.

http://www.realitytvfans.com/newspub/story.cfm?ID=5454

11-26-02, 10:00 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
XRunner: Interesting article...from where I'm siting it looks like you nailed it! Jan and Ted are looking good, especially in light of the new EP12 Title "The Tides are turning".

We made a similar observation about Ted being revealed during EP1 here:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=3001&forum=DCForumID2&archive=yes

Trying to figure out if this is a red herring and Jan actually wins, or if Ted is the winner?

Krautboy

xrunner 65 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-02, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xrunner Click to send private message to xrunner Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
Regarding your original post, I'm quite sure paratrooper's possible V spoilers was when he said "watch the shell in the opening" The word survivor was in the shell so theoretically he was narrowing it down to Sean, Vee, or Rob.

The thing I did not quite understand is how he knew to tell us look at he seashell before the show ever aired and of course how he come up with it.

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-02, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
>Ironically, if Jan and Ted do
>have an alliance, then Ted
>would have playing Brian all
>this time.

This would play along with the "assumption" theme that MB has been shoving down our throats all season. Brian is assuming that he's the only one that has more than one alliance and that he's in control of everything.

However, from what I've seen of Ted, I don't see him being the type to do that. He seems to be the type that would be very concerned with keeping his integrity intact while he's handing a million smackeroos to somebody else (Brian).

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-02, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
Yes, but he isn't the type to hand over One Million Dollars to someone who is stabbing him in the back. Convince Ted that Brian has plotted against him, and Ted wouldn't hesitate to jump ship...

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-02, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
Not necessarily. Ted and Jan may have made a final three alliance with Brian. Ted and Jan may just have an informal arrangement wherein they will cover each other's backs as far as they can. Ted may have told Jan that he is aligned with Brian but will back her up as well.

murraythedog 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-02, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail murraythedog Click to send private message to murraythedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
A few episodes back (right before CG went on its IC winning streak) Brian and Jan both acknowledged that if GC went to TC again Jan was going to be the next to go. If there is a Jan/Ted alliance (or if there was one at that time), that would have meant that Helen, Brian and Clay were planning on voting for Jan. Does anyone who has a tape of that episode remember if Ted said anything about Jan?

11-28-02, 00:33 AM (EST)
32. "Jan shown as "soul survivor" during Recap."
At the end of the recap show, in Jeff Probst's summary, we hear Jeff as a voiceover..."now six survivor's remain... as he says "...who will be the soul survivor..." who do we see on the screen? Jan!

Coincidence or not?

Krautboy

Rich Black 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rich%20Black Click to send private message to Rich%20Black Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-02 AT 12:18 PM (EST)

Plus the weight loss rumors do seem to be alot about Ted, Jan and Helen. coincidence?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-02, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
I don't know, I have heard alot about how thin Brian looked back at work. And by this time I think they are all going to be thin coming home. I was surprised I never heard about Jake and his weight loss.

12-03-02, 02:59 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
In the wake of the TDT spoiler, the Ted/Jan alliance will obviously be unsucessful. Helen is the swing vote and probably ends up taking her chances with Brian and Clay, but fails to win the pivotal F3 IC.

The other possibility is that Ted convinces Brain and Clay to vote off Helen before Jan, followed by a final four of Brian/Clay vs Ted/Jan, with Brian and Clay winning the tiebreaker...

It will be interesting to watch the tides change after Jake leaves...

Krautboy

12-03-02, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-02 AT 04:43 PM (EST)

Or a third possibility: Jan, then Helen, then Ted.

After Jake goes, Helen finds herself in a swing vote position once again. Brian and Clay want to vote for Jan; Ted and Jan want to vote for Clay. Helen can't decide, much as in the Ghandia episode, and ultimately votes with Brian and Clay to oust Jan (believing Clay is the only person she can beat in the Final 2 so she needs him around).

But Helen gets a rude shock at the next TC when Brian, not wishing to renege on his alliance with Ted, teams up with Ted and Clay to vote out Helen. Then at Final 3, Brian deliberately allows Clay to win immunity. Clay returns Brian's reward trip invitation by bringing him to the Final 2.

12-03-02, 05:20 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
Wow! Looks like there's still plenty to discuss afterall. Interesting scenario.

Krautboy

12-03-02, 05:49 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
Thanks, Krautboy. Yes, there's still lots to discuss!

My feeling is that Brian will try to get to the end without having to personally backstab Ted, thus playing as smooth a game as possible. It's conceivable, though, that a blow-up could occur between Brian and Ted within the next two episodes and Brian would feel justified voting Ted out before the final 3.

Hopefully the tribal dynamics in this week's episode and the previews will give us some hints.

dcbrott99 9 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-02, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dcbrott99 Click to send private message to dcbrott99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
Let's take this a step further. I think that there is a "hidden" alliance between Ted, Jan, and Helen. I think that this alliance has been in place ever since the so called Ghandia incident. I believe that Mark Burnett's editing is intentionally not showing us this because it will surprise us later. He has a history of doing this with, for instance, the Colby-Tina alliance. I believe Ted convinced Jan and Helen way back at the Ghandia incident that they should have an alliance and that his alliance with Brian is not a real one but he has been able to play it up because Chuay Ghan has not had to vote out anyone recently. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-06-02, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
Not for sure where to put this, so I'll stick it here....anyways, on this week's CBS.com extra footage, we see Helen talking about how exactly she and Jim got their little sleeping area for just the two of them....she said that JAN and TED usually sleep there and the others sleep way down at the other end of the cave, but the last few nights, HELEN had been sleeping with JAN and TED.....she said JAN and TED told her that she could have the bed for just her and her husband....so JAN and TED also sleep in the same quarters, as well as have this possible alliance thingey. Plus, from this week's preview....

Feeling rebuffed by a former ally, one Survivor hatches a plan and enlists the support of unlikely new allies.

Could this be Jan/Helen/Ted???

2002 NFC North Champs

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-06-02, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
We saw what Helen's value system was here. If it was a choice with Clay or Jan, she will vote to take out Clay because he is the "least deserving" of the people remaining. After that, Ted and Jan convince Brian to take out Helen--and then the two of them vote to take out Brian. I don't know if this is how it will happen--but I can see it happening.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-02, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Helen again key "swing""
I think Jan and Ted do have an alliance. I don't think Helen is part of that right now from her comments to her husband last night. Helen has only shown she is loyal to Brian. Can Brian control her vote? I think so. Can Helen and Ted (who she has said negative things about in the past) earn her respect to swing her? Not so sure. I think by trying to convince Brian that Clay needs to go, she was trying to avoid a "fence" situation. With Clay gone, I think she would firmly align with Brian.

From Helen's husband's comments ("She didn't come her to end up in thrid place"), I think this is how Helen feels and is trying to figure out which group she has a better chance of winning with. I think she told her husband that she knows she can get to at least third place, but she needs to figure out how to go 2nd or 1st.

12-06-02, 02:14 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
After Ted won immunity, and the group was walking down the beach, Jan ran over and hugged Ted and they walked down the beach together.

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-02, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
In the previews for next week when Helen and Ted are on the beach it appears that he scratchs the initials of B.T.H. into the sand and Helen gives him the okay sign.
Did anyone else catch this or have I dipped a little too deeply into my homemade Kahlua?

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

12-06-02, 07:56 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Is there a Jan/Ted Alliance?"
Yes, I did catch that, it is being discussed on the previews thread. But, I think it is just Ted trying to cover all of his bases. I still think that the Ted/Jan alliance is the hidden alliance. (However, I have only been right once - I was sure that there was an alliance between Old Kim and Ethan that would take Ethan to the end - so I am no prognosticator)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •