The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Masterplan Jake?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-22-02, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Masterplan Jake?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-02 AT 00:29 AM (EST)

A Thread to Discuss Jake's vote for Jan and his strategy.
I haven't been that impressed with a survivor for some time.
Jake is really playing the game..and unlike Penny he's playing it with more integrity.

Jake seems to be trying to get a voting block against Brian and Clay as seen by the following:

1) Jake's vote for Jan-
Is Jake trying to stir up a little trouble. The question is whether or not he'll tell Jan he voted for her or is this more or a masterplan to make Jan feel like she's a victim of the Clay-Brian alliance and feel the need to switch. If Jake can convince Jan that he didn't vote for her, there might be a chance that he can sway Jan? Regardless, Jake can use this to his advantage.

2) Jake's conversation with Helen- Jake has already started to work on Helen's by pointing out her position within Chuay jai.
Helen said she herself has already been hearing about the pecking order and Helen already knows that Brian/Clay and Ted are a right threesome. Helen may switch her loyalties.
Helen voted for Penny tonight, so perhaps she's keeping her options open to an alliance with Jake

3) Jake Telling Ted about His Tribe conspiring against him-
Jake made it clear to Ted that he was going to be the next one out once there are only 5 people left. And obviously it did have some effect on Ted, because HE was the one that rallied the tribe to vote off Penny and not Jake. It seems to me Ted may be starting to believe some of what Jake has been saying.

Jake is clearly targeting the Clay/Brian alliance and using this as a guide to work the other members of Chuay Jai against them.
He has already perform the first steps to swaying either
Ted, Jan or Helen.
He needs only 2 out of the 3 to have a chance to stay in the game.

Also: he's playing endgame: It seems like he already has 3 votes locked if he makes it to the final 2, all he needs is one more vote to win if he makes it that far.

The question is whether or not it will work...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Masterplan Jake? I_AM_HE 11-22-02 1
   RE: Masterplan Jake? Loree 11-22-02 2
       RE: Masterplan Jake? Seyz 11-22-02 4
           RE: Masterplan Jake? Genius47 11-22-02 5
           lets hope it does bite him in the a... TribalTex29 11-22-02 6
 RE: Masterplan Jake? Brownroach 11-22-02 3
   RE: Masterplan Jake? Seyz 11-25-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-22-02, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Masterplan Jake?"
he's also had conversations with Clay and Brian too

and Clay may find it in their mutual advantage to team up in the near future, since he did orchestrate the votes for Ted. Brian could also try and side with him. although IF Brian/Clay is so solid, it would likely be foolish of Jake to accept, since they could easily dump him once they get Jake to help them narrow down the rest of the CGs to 2 instead of 3

I don't think there's a chance in Hades of him making the final 2 though. If he does last till the final 3 or 4, any of the defecting CGs (say Helen and Jan away from the Boys Club) would be crazy to allow him into the final 2 since he would likely get all 3 of the former sucky votes, and would just need 1 of the betrayed chewie votes (of course, he could win the last 2 immunities and make this all moot)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Masterplan Jake?"
What I found so interesting was Clay voting against Jake. Was Clay out of the loop and thought the others were voting Jake instead of Penny? If so, why is he out of the loop? Or is Clay so threatened by Jake that he wants him out. Jake is the one who can expose Clay as the person that orchestrated the votes against Ted.

11-22-02, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Masterplan Jake?"
It might also be clay pulling off a "TOM". Like when Tom, voted for Clarence just out of spite, even though he knew that Diane was going for sure.

Didn't someone say that on the cbs website, Clay deliberately voted for Jake to win Penny's jury vote and that he told Penny how he would write the "J" to win over her loyalty..
I don't know I haven't looked at the videos over there..

But, Clay is playing in a pretty nasty way. I think he's scheming will comeback to bite him in the ass.

Genius47 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-22-02, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Genius47 Click to send private message to Genius47 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Masterplan Jake?"
I thought when Clay voted he said something about not liking Jake's speech at TC. He might have thought some of the other CG's would have switched after the speech too. And it probably had something to do with wanting Penny's Jury vote.

TribalTex29 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-22-02, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TribalTex29 Click to send private message to TribalTex29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "lets hope it does bite him in the ass..."
Up to this point, I can't remember liking Clay less. He is one cocky, arrogant sonafabitch. It was one thing when he was the underdog, to but now to be in somewhat of a postion of power and still raggin' on everyone else, give me a break. I want him gone.

I think the vote was very important in determing side switching. Any of the former Chewies would be set taking Jake on their side and then gving him the boot when they as a group of two outnumber him. I just wonder if Helen trusts Jan enough to take her in. I think Helen tries to scare something up with Ted, and that may bite her in the ass at the end.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Masterplan Jake?"
I just posted the below in the Analysis of Tribal Council thread, but since it addresses even more directly the topic of this thread, I'll repost my thoughts here:

I think Jake played very well last night, given his dire circumstances. He seems to realize he won't make it to the end (his confessional where he said Helen could win), but he is strategizing moves that may help him stay around longer AND that will benefit himself IF he is in the final 2.

His vote for Jan was well considered. He did not backstab Penny-Dreadful thus losing her vote at the Final TC, he did not further antagonize the CG men, perhaps buying himself more time, and he still wants to work on a plan with Helen. And he knew Jan wasn't going anywhere. I think his speech about continuing to vote based on productivity was a smokescreen to make the CG's think that's why he voted for her.

IF they know that it was he who voted for Jan. I wonder if Clay told the other CG's that he was going to vote for Jake. Obviously he was courting Penny-Dreadful's jury vote, having lied that he wanted her in the Final 4. If the other CG's did NOT know he was going to vote for Jake, they may have been confused by the vote tally. Maybe two of their own voted for Jake, Penny voted for Jan, and Jake voted for Penny? Or maybe Jake and Penny voted for each other, and one of their own voted for Jan? They couldn't be sure.

I agree that Jake is trying to play with as much integrity as possible. The contrast between his actions and Penny-Dreadful's last night was like night and day. (And wasn't her comeuppance ever-so-enjoyable? She was clearly out of her league and outclassed.)

11-25-02, 03:24 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Masterplan Jake?"
Jake has been the Sook Jai with the lowest face time pre-merge... and it just shows that face time does play a huge part in who goes early and who goes late.
The fact that he's had so little face time until last episode...bodes well for him... conversely.. the fact that his space time DID spike last episode might not mean well for him.. It's kind of hard to say.
Regardless, is Jake's story done yet???
I don't know....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •