The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Helen says TED ROCKS! (?)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-02, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Helen says TED ROCKS! (?)"
This is...I don't know what...interesting? strange?

Someone posted on Sucks that Helen signed the guest book on the website for Ted's motorcycle club the Big Dog Riders. I looked and indeed there is one entry from 11/19/2002 by a Helen O. Glover from Rhode Island, who has a Navy e-mail address.

She wrote: "Ted rocks!"

If this is our Helen, I guess she still likes Ted. I wouldn't expect Helen to use this particular expression, but she could have picked it up from her kids.

Here's the link to the homepage:

http://www.bigdogriders.com/BDRIntro.html

Then click on Guest Book on the left and then View Guest Book.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?) sittem 11-22-02 1
   RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?) Q 11-22-02 2
 RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?) lionsroar 11-22-02 3
   RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?) sittem 11-22-02 4
       thought I was crazy . . . smiles 11-22-02 5
 RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?) ejm92 11-22-02 6
   RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?) frisky 11-22-02 7
 RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?) PhoenixMons 11-23-02 8
   RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?) sittem 11-23-02 9
       RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?) PhoenixMons 11-23-02 10
   RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?) pancho 11-25-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-22-02, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?)"
This is quite interesting for me as one who really loves VrroomDog.

I started wondering tonight if Helen potentially holds the power to change tribal voting dynamics in the next couple of shows. Jake's sharing tonight may have started her wheels turning and she may be getting ready to turn from Brian and Clay. If so, Ted would be a possible allie. This would be an interesting turn of events from the way she felt about him during the Ghandia incident - Ted ROCKS!?!

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-22-02, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?)"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-02 AT 09:58 AM (EST)

Remember when Ghandia went, Helen had that confessional were she stated, I am the swing vote, and I never thought I would be the swing vote.

Well she most likely will play that role again before this game is over. So I definitely think Helen has changed Chewie dynamics in the past, and will again. As to how, I have some ideas, but no decisions yet.

Thoughts?

Never Let Them See You Bleed

lionsroar 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-22-02, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lionsroar Click to send private message to lionsroar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?)"
There is another entry on the 22nd from the same person, she states that she is not the real Helen. It is a navy email address though...odd.

11-22-02, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?)"
As of this moment - both of the Helen posts have been removed from the guest book. Makes you wanna say hhhmmmmmmmm.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-22-02, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "thought I was crazy . . ."
I just looked and couldn't find the posts either and I thought I was crazy. But I guess I'm not.

Strange . . .

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-22-02, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?)"
Something interesting...if you go to "Meet the Big Dog Riders" and see Ted's picture (VroomDog), he has a bike for sale. Wonder if he has plans of upgrading?

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-22-02, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?)"
...or he needs the cash.

Seriously, though, I think this is a significant discovery....

I don't see the Helen entries either.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-23-02, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?)"
I definitely believe that there's a good chance that Helen does like Ted (probably more than the other two CG guys at any rate).

However, I find it highly unlikely that this message board post is legit. First, I don't think it would be very difficult for someone to find out where Helen works or at least get a general idea of what an e-mail address extension would be for the shop in which she works. When I first saw this thread (right after the initial post), I did a little digging and within a matter of a few minutes, I found out exactly where she worked and could have easily found out Helen's e-mail address - or likely e-mail address (as did I) within a matter of about 10 minutes just by the info from her CBS bio. Sure, she could have written that message, but do you REALLY think she would risk it? They sign some serious confidentiality agreements and I doubt that she'd do anything that might be considered a breech of that contract. Leaving a note that says "TED ROCKS", if nothing else, says that she likes him, probably well enough to vote for him were he to make it into the final 2 and I just don't see her doing something that dumb. She strikes me as far too intelligent to take that risk just for two words, KWIM?

Just my opinion.

11-23-02, 09:39 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?)"
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-02 AT 09:40 AM (EST)

KM - pretty much agree with how it probably wasn't Helen. But, if not - why remove the two posts? No need to because it didn't mean anything at all UNLESS it inadvertantly led us in a direction that proves correct - that Helen does and did support Ted and he went further than I (I won't say we on the Board) believe he did. And, IF it were real then someone felt it was a strong spoiler and decided it had to be removed. Either way maybe it says SOMETHING.

In any event I'm choosing to not believe it's real and still think Ted will be gone soon. Yet, it still all makes me go hhmmmmmmmmm.

BTW - have you warmed up to Ted yet?

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-23-02, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?)"
Yes, I've warmed up to Ted...at least I think he's redeemed himself quite a bit since the Ghandia chronicles. He's far better than the other men left, IMO. But that's not saying much, LOL. The ideal final 3 for me would be Helen, Jan, and Ted. I don't see it panning out that way, but that's what I'd like to see. Ted was #3 on my pre-season list, behind Shii-Ann and Ghandia (oops!). Helen was #4 on my list and she's by far been my favorite almost all season.

As for the message board thing, I'll explain why I think it would have been removed regardless of whether or not the author was in fact the "real" Helen. I am involved in a girls youth scholarship program (it's a "pageant" but not a beauty pageant, if that makes any sense) and we have a "support & encouragement" message board that gets quite lot of hits from non-supportive people who make assumptions about our program based upon "beauty pageants". For that reason, people must use legitmate names and e-mail addresses when posting. If they don't the message will be deleted, regardless of its content/intent. That could be something practiced by Ted's group, but probably far more likely is that they just thought there was no need for the comment since they couldn't be sure of it's author. Honestly, if it were my board, I'd have removed it - I'd presume it was NOT written by Helen and I wouldn't want fake messages on my board. I had a guestbook on an old website of mine that would get some clearly fake entries (one from "Jada Pinkett") and I just deleted those that seemed fake.

Back to Ted's group...since there is always a chance it was Helen (the e-mail address is probably correct - I didn't bother searching for it but the extension and format is the same as others from her job), CBS may have prompted them to remove it for fear of someone thinking too much into it. Or, Helen could have somehow found out about this message (i.e. by reading these very messageboards ) and asked that the messages be removed since they were not authored by her.

There is some "hmmmmmm" value there, but I still say that the message(s) no longer being there does not in and of itself (or with anything I've seen thus far) mean it has spoiler value. Of course, as I always say, that's just my opinion.

pancho 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-25-02, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pancho Click to send private message to pancho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Helen says TED ROCKS! (?)"
Do you remember last season, toward the end Kathy's web site had a statement in a flash animation segment that said in part ..during my 39 days on the island...
It was reported and posted on every spoiler site. Then the statement was revised to say ..during my stay on the island..
I was convinced that they would not have changed the statement if it was false and that she made it to the final 2.
Now I think that spoilers that are put up on a website and then later removed after being reported are usually false (Ghandia being such a media whore excluded).
pancho

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •