The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"IV response to Jill telling her she has a tumor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

karenincanada 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-08-05, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail karenincanada Click to send private message to karenincanada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"IV response to Jill telling her she has a tumor"
I don't get it. I adore IV. But when she burst in on Jill when she was crying on the patio after she'd been told she has a tumour, and called her crying "ugly" before she even knew what was wrong, I was blown away at her profound insensitivity.

When she breezed over Jill's news that she may have cancer, and IV told her she should focus on the positive, which was losing 17 pounds, I absolutley was stunned! Losing weight is MORE important than having cancer?

I pray for Jill and hope she keeps faith.

And yes, I agree with a lot of people. It does seem like SO coaches are giving Allyson way more compassion than Jill. I always liked Allyson, but it is beginning to bug me because she doesn't seem authentic, after all she's been through at SO house. Her mom is attrocious! God! I know she will be going through some deep, deep stuff pretty soon, because her mom issues are a huge trigger point.

I admire anyone who can put their lives our in public like they are doing.

Regardless of my opinions about IV, all the coaches have continued to teach me something every time I watch. I love the show for that reason,and I hope it stays on.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: IV response to Jill telling her... GetOverIt 11-08-05 1
 I really get what your saying about... Samadhi2 11-09-05 2
 RE: IV response to Jill telling her... bellaluna 11-09-05 3
 RE: IV response to Jill telling her... ohmy 11-13-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GetOverIt 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-08-05, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GetOverIt Click to send private message to GetOverIt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: IV response to Jill telling her she has a tumor"
IV will give a houseguest as much respect as they give themselves...lets remember, Jill knew she had this tumor for 3+ years and did nothing about it.

She really had no reason to hang over the balcony sobbing, especially now that we know she has know about this for years.....lets think about it, she IS a drama queen and a 'victim' afterall.

Jill definately does not deserve the sympathy that Ali does because Jill has control over what is happening to her, Ali does not.

Samadhi2 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-09-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Samadhi2 Click to send private message to Samadhi2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "I really get what your saying about the insensitivity...."
Hi,

I get what you are saying about the insensitivity point but this is what I take from it. I feel that Iyanla wanted to shock that sadness right out of her. It is not that she does not believe that Jill is entitled to feel sadness, and overwhelm it is just that she wants her to see there is room for healing....to ask for it from the universe.

As far as compassion, the coaches treat each so member different because each person is different. Jill is different than Allison. It is possible there is a lot of compassion that we are not seeing on camera..please remember that. I relate very much to Jill because I have a strong drama-queen personality like her. I am loud and vivacious to cover my pain, sometimes a person that cares about me really has to read the riot act and say...hello....don't you get it? Don't you care about yourself. I feel Jill really got a lot from that session. It will be beneficial to Jill. She has to know there is hope, and that she can get through it. She has to be in survival mode, after the surgery than things will shift. I really hope you get a lot from what I am saying because I would like a few persons to get what I am saying.

Take care.

Samadhi2

bellaluna 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-09-05, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bellaluna Click to send private message to bellaluna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: IV response to Jill telling her she has a tumor"
Iyanla is very astute at knowing what drives these women and everybody is different. She wanted to get Jill in a powerful place, knowing that she believes in a power greater than herself. We know that Jill will be okay no matter what.

And everything is a powerful lesson

ohmy 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-13-05, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmy Click to send private message to ohmy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: IV response to Jill telling her she has a tumor"
IV is nuts. They have been complaining that the house has been non supportive of each other, that tears are important etc. Yet when she heard someone crying on the balcony she just says who has the boo hoo's now? She had her guard up then. Heck Jill may have known that she had a tumor, but she didn't know had grown to 40 pounds, and she did know that the doctors didn't feel it was safe to remove it when it was much smaller. Why wouldn't she feel helpless now? She also encountered a stroke that left her blind in one eye after the first surgery. I have been diagnosed with fibroids and have been told not to worry that they are so common it isn't even funny. I wish Jill well, perhaps she can find a good doctor that would be willing to donate some of the expense of the surgery. Especially if a 40 pound is something they take pictures of. Perhaps IV can show an ounce of compassion, I haven't heard anyone even Dr Stan show any to Jill, for what is an uncontrollable health problem.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •