The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeff Probst Radio Interview--Very Interesting!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-20-02, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeff Probst Radio Interview--Very Interesting!"
This is courtesy of Wezzie at Sucks
http://www.benandbrian.com/survivor.html

and the text was transcribed by Boycaught at Sucks. This interview was after Erin was booted. I highlighted what I though could be spoilers.

BB: Jeff are you there? Good morning.

JEFF: It is warm. It's actually a little overcast today. I'm not in shorts. I'm in long pants and, uh, drinking a bottle of water.

BB: So how are the Brazilians taking to you and Mark and everybody?

JEFF: From what I've heard, Brazil really likes Survivor I don't have a lot of detail. (laughter)

BB: Alright (laughter) well, we're going to try to keep on figuring out over the next couple weeks when we talk to you where you're calling from, see if we can get the scoop on when the next Surviver, where the next Survivor is going to be ... but et's talk about last night's episode.

JEFF: Yeah, what you think?

BB: Thought it was a really, really good episode. Erin got voted off last episode. We didn't see it coming? Did you see it coming?

JEFF: Um, you know I didn't really. I think that was one of the first ones out there, where even at Tribal, there was a chance it could have gone the other way. There was so much, you know, weirdness going on with their tribe in terms of who to vote out and I just think that Penny is, uh (laughter) really smooth. She just, she worked it, you know?

BB: It just goes to show you can't get by on good looks alone, that's for sure. Yeah, cause Erin's pretty hot

JEFF: Yeah, what a drag, huh?

BB: (laughter) Now did you get to console her at all?

JEFF: Wait, wait 'til you see next week when she comes back to be on the jury and she's cleaned up a little bit, it's a pretty nice look.

BB: Well I can't wait for that ... now the two tribes living together Jeff has been a great new twist this season and and it looks like to me, I've been talking to Ben about this, there's no need to do a merge because the jury can make their decisions based on living together, so you guys aren't actually going to do a merge this season, are you?

JEFF: Can't really say, but it's certainly - it's something we, you know, uh, looked at and thought about. I will tell you this, to not to have planned to not do a merge on day one, you know, it's hard to pull that off. Because, you're committed and you have no idea where it's going to go and the great thing about a merge, in terms of just for us from the production side is, if, we know if nothing else the merge will spark some new energy so even if for some reason the show were to tank and we knew who was going to be voted out for two or three weeks in a row, we get to that merge and now there's a new chance for people to recover, so it's a tough thing to not do. You almost need it.

BB: Unless, unless the drama of them living on the beach is so compelling, and it is ...

JEFF: (long pause, laughter) I love talking to you guys. Yeah, you never know. I can tell you this though, the first, probabably, the first ten minutes or so of, um, this next episode, two interesting things ... one they kind of do this reenactment of Tribal Council. Chuay Gahn is at camp and they're, they're imagining what it's like for Sook Jai and it's pretty funny. They are sitting there going, well, Jeff's going to say, "So, Erin, why would you base your vote on tonight..." So, and then they get into this thing where they start looking up at the moon and get really homesick, and it's - it's this really interesting observation about being homesick and who can handle it and who can't and how they defuse that, that lonesomeness.

BB: Yeah, lack of food can really bring out the emotions. We found that out last night and, I want to get to this, while everyone was at the immunity challenge, the monkey ransacked the camp and ate all the bananas. Now would be OK for them to kill the monkey? Is that, could you do that? Or would that be totally uncalled for?

JEFF: (laughter) That would be totally uncalled for. You know. I am amazed. Every single time, these guys they've been talking to that monkey. They've had full on conversations with that monkey for weeks and they leave their bananas basically open. They leave them in a little canisters, or whatever, nothing tied down, nothing secured, it serves 'em right. The guy was telling them, the monkey's saying, "I'm here, I'm a freakin' monkey. Don't leave the bananas out."

BB: (laughter) So as we go into next week, Chewy got a two-man advantage, I don't think there's going to be a merge, there's three remaining members of Sook Jai, they looked devastated last night, they've been to four tribal councils in a row Jeff and you even said, 'You can't run out of hope. Anything is possible in this game.' Did you really mean that? Or are they done?

JEFF: Yeah. No. And. I do mean that. And, and it's funny you should bring that up. I really didn't think about that last week when I, when I, when it played but I, or yesterday, but, um, what I would say to them in the beginning, from my point-of-view is that: high highs and low lows. When you're down, that's my foot on your chest, and, and you know, when you're up, that's me high fiving you. And yet, I realize that when someone's down in terms of hope you can't, you know, you gotta help them and absolutely. First of all, there is the possibility of a merge and then everybody has a chance for new life and secondly, with the numbers that Chuay Gahn have on their tribe you have no idea how long they're going to get along before somebody says something and there's an opening and all of a sudden Jake's got an in and maybe we got a game again.

BB: You never know, I guess that's the lesson. Hey, next week, the emotional video contacts from home causes a lot of people to become very emotional and Helen, uh, she makes some rather superficial judgements about who needs the money with the car in the garage. It doesn't seem fair. Why did the contestants think just because you have money you don't deserve to win a million on this show?

JEFF: You know, it is funny. I know exactly what you're saying and the only thing that I think, can think about on that is you're looking for, maybe in Helen's case, she's looking for justificiation to be able to get rid of somebody she's made a deal with. So she in her mind can say, 'Well, I didn't know he had a piano and new cars. Now this changes everything.I think that's what she's doing. Because at this point you're so close to the money you're looking for any reason to betray anybody and still look good about it.

BB: Well Jeff, we won't betray who we think it is who's got the cars Jan(?) but, uh (laughter) we'll find out next week and we'll talk to you next Friday from wherever you are.

JEFF: Sounds good guys. This is fun doing this. I'll talk to you next week.

BB: Send us a postcard from Nairobi.

JEFF: (laughter) From Nairobi?

BB: I don't know, I'm just pulling straw out of hats here.

JEFF: Well get, at least get a globe in front of you.
und to be interesting.

Sounds like Jake isn't going anywhere this week. And, Helen might make a move soon against Brian.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jeff Probst Radio Interview--Ve... MatineeIdol 11-21-02 1
 RE: Jeff Probst Radio Interview--Ve... blacknwhitedog 11-21-02 2
 RE: Jeff Probst Radio Interview--Ve... Loree 11-22-02 3
   RE: Jeff Probst Radio Interview--Ve... tribephyl 11-22-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-21-02, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jeff Probst Radio Interview--Very Interesting!"
Great post!

We all know that Probst has hinted at things before in interviews that never pan out - just to create drama. However I find it interesting that he spoke of a Helen and Brian alliance which though many on the boards have speculated about we have never been shown. I hate to admit it, but it is starting to look more and more like my boy Brian is going to bite the dust - maybe not this week, but soon!

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-02, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jeff Probst Radio Interview--Very Interesting!"
>BB: It just goes to show
>you can't get by on
>good looks alone, that's for
>sure. Yeah, cause Erin's pretty
>hot
>
>JEFF: Yeah, what a drag, huh?

Oh BOY, I just thought this was really funny!

blacknwhitedog
It's just a show, I should really just relax...mst3k

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jeff Probst Radio Interview--Very Interesting!"
It is interesting that Jeff mentioned that JAKE may have an "in". At this point Ken and Penny were also still there. But Jeff mentioned Jake who is our last remaining Sookie.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jeff Probst Radio Interview--Very Interesting!"
Actually Loree these comments by JP were made from S6's Brazilian site. Although, he gave the interview, after we saw Erin leave, it was months after the S5 game had already played out.
Therefore, JP's comments about Jake having an in and Helen scheming against her tribe are all relevant and not some amazing Kreskin forethought on his part.
Luckily last night we got the proof that Jake has found his in, and hopefully Ep.11 shows Helen's backstabbing.
These things will happen, not because JP thinks they will but rather JP knows they will.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •