The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Ten"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-02, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Ten"

Episode Ten

Hello, everyone, welcome to the weekly attempt to organize the chaos! If you are new here or need a refresher on the rules see SurvivorBlows’ ”Spoiler Forum Guidelines.” We like to keep things as organized as possible around here, spoiling is serious fun!

A ”Board Request” was recently made by big idiot in regard to the recurring controversy of the season about Snewser and Paratrooper and ABT and the like. I consider this a tremendously ho-hum controversy, but let’s let courtesy be our guide. If you start a thread covering someone else’s picks, regardless of whether there are “sources” involved, have the courtesy to appropriately identify it in the subject line and draft your post so that those who aren’t interested won’t have it in their faces when they read the boards. If you aren’t interested in that material, don’t open those threads. Seems easy enough.

Speaking of Snewser, his ”Scorecard” is a pretty handy spoiling tool, whenever he gets around to updating it. But the handicapper with the best record (who clearly isn’t using a source), who has somehow managed to be mostly ignored over here, is none other than Diane Ogden over at SurvivorFever. Yes, Survivor: Africa’s 15th runner-up has an impressive 6.5 for 9 prediction record! She must be a big fan of Survivor.

Well, jsanb asks if there is anything with ”Real Spoiler Value” out there, so let’s get to it!

Analysis of Episode 9 started up in IceCat’s ”EP9 Official EAST COAST SPOILER Thread” with some interesting observations during and after the program. Survivor: Africa’s second runner-up had some interesting things to say in his weekly ”Lex Sez.” Another perspective was provided by James Barber at SurvivorFever in his ”Survivor Barbs: The Merge, The Blunder, The Baby Grand.”

SurvivinDawg picked up the pace in his ”Review of the 14 Nov. episode’s editing” where it is noted that Penny stepped into the background. And mindella27 asked whether ”MB screwed Brian,” and the answer is that Brian’s game took a big hit, or maybe it’s a trick by MB, or both. So, who is the key player at this point of the game, starshyn99 explores this question in ”The Clay Alliance(s).” SteffiGurl asks ”When did Helen talk to Jake?” I hate to sound like a defensive president but I don’t remember.

For more about Brian and Clay you may want to revisit frisky’s ”Brian’s Seed,” sweetpea’s ”Clay Info,” and mindella27’s ”Shii Ann’s Horns.” As for mindella27’s thread, what I find myself asking is whether we missed the point back then about Clay’s game, just how good is he at manipulating the others?

As for the latest bootie, Brownroach supplied us with ”Ken on the Early Show” while Devious Weasel picked up on ”Ken’s CBS Afternoon Chat.” Cop Ken didn’t give up much, but he doesn’t like Brian and he does like Clay. Fortunately for Brian, Ken didn’t see Brian’s Ken impersonation until well after Ken had cast his final vote in the final TC.

VerucaSalt supplied us with the ”Episode 10 Title,” (“While the Cat’s Away”) which has some interesting tagalong speculation going on. More manipulation is covered in ejm92’s ”CBS Misdirection, Episode 10.”

Bungler, as always, kicked off the episode 10 promos (vidcaps) analysis in ”Ep 10 (Thu) Preview Vidcaps” which is very heavy on the possible RC winner. More vidcaps turned up in ivoryElephant’s ”New promo from survivorfever 11/15” where the emphasis on the RC itself became a question about sneakers. Honest, I’m not kidding, sneakers!

Krautboy did an excellent job of consolidating the immunity challenge vidcaps in his ”EP10 IC,” and it looks like they’ve reinvented the coconut chopping challenge into a torch snuffing challenge, at night. Then Sunday came around and SurvivorBlows brought us even more vidcaps in ”Episode 10 Commercial Vidcaps” and ”Vidcaps of the Survivors and their sneakers.”

All this sneaker stuff, by the way, is because it appears that someone takes a spill during the RC, and the footwear is the biggest clue about who that is. Since they are all still around for the IC, however, it doesn’t seem like anyone was seriously injured. Still, it could impact on how the game plays out. Have they gotten around to doing the IC first and the RC second like they indicated they might at some point? No. Webby’s RC speculation continues in ”Balance part of Ep10 Reward Challenge visible?” And snoocharoo brings us the ”TDT Theories” in regard to the RC.

Next week’s episode is the recap, as covered in ivoryElephant’s ”Survivor airs Wednesday November 27th” and in Devious Weasel’s ”Episode 11 Title – A Closer Look.” Sadly, there is no spoiling value in that, but I don’t think it hurts to have a reminder that next week is essentially a bye week. The following week was found by zzz in ”Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A Big Surprise…and Another.”

Those wing-nuts over at CBS were at it again, as explored in TribalTex29’s ”Hidden Clue at CBS.com?” You’d think they would hire some professionals. Diehard George Tirebiter brings us ”SeeBS EYEmail 11/18/02” and you have to admire her tenacity; unfortunately Eyemail is not the fun spoiling tool it once was, but there is still some value in it.

Another clue may have been found by PhoenixMons in ”Possible meaning behind the editing in the opening credits” where it is noted that Penny has a monkey. She is the only one with a monkey. Does it mean anything? Hm, monkey, could be something. And coyboyroo asks about ”Penny/Ted in Final 4??” Check out the vidcap, count the torches, ask whether the calendar is up to day 29 or 34, wonder about the silver and the gold. For more long-term speculations you may want to check out (or revisit):

ivoryElephant’s “Pride Cometh Before the Fall.”
sweetpea’s “To Rob: How Does the Winner Feel?”
Ronii29’s “Sook Jai Wins.”
and this one from Sucks which was mentioned on last week’s voting thread
Antithesys’ “Voting Imagery: Guardians of the Flame.”

And the sunrise is back in big idiot’s ”Sunrise Final Five” if you want to get your vote in. There will be more things to vote on eventually.

Well, that’s it for now, don’t forget to make your Spoiler Island picks! For the brief synopsis of what we’ve discovered this week (which could change at any time): Penny is trying to duck and cover, Jan takes a tumble, Helen gets a ride on a Republican mascot, neither Jake nor Ted will be wearing the sunburst immunity necklace, and I’d wager Krugerrands to Krispy Kremes that Paratrooper had a religious experience when he saw that hideous adornment.

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Outstanding Dabo! IceCat 11-19-02 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... ulalame 11-19-02 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... jsanb 11-19-02 3
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... ivoryElephant 11-20-02 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... PhillyBrat 11-20-02 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... samboohoo 11-20-02 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Bebo 11-20-02 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 11-20-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-02, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Outstanding Dabo!"
Especially good work on the cross-linking!

Thanks for your hard work!

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-19-02, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Ten"
Great summary, Dabo! Thanks so much for compiling everything!

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-19-02, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Ten"
Wow! I do my first thread and get included in the SOTS. Excellent reference material dabo. I would like to add a link to an excellent article written by Jeff Sadow:

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article2482.art&page=1

This article is important because if Brian's kingdom is going to be upset I think it needs to happen with Helen leading the coalition in this week's show as the country club will at least force a tie the following week.

But with the pic of the four torches with Penny & Ted, and the monkey with Penny in the intro, along with the fire in Ted & Brian's pics lead me believe that Jake goes this week and eventually we will see a Brian & Ted final. This of course means that Helen blows this golden opp to inherit Brian's Kingdom.

Peanut Butter Jeff
"If you thought S3 was bad just wait until S5."

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-20-02, 04:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Ten"
Great summary dabo!

I wan't to make a small edit to my "pride cometh before the fall" prediction.

While making the analysis I was trying not to let my previous thoughts stand in the way. Therefore since I had picked clay as a preseason winner I was too hard on my assesment of him.

Clay, Brian and Erin were the three that were borderline on whether they were weak/boasting/critisizing.

Erin is gone.

Brian: I really feel like he was boasting. He has been boasting more and more.

Clay: He wasn't boasting so much as he was just saying "they lucked out"

Right now I have no idea who will win.

But

I am going to change the ep. 1 analysis to clay to match my preseason pic.

"I got a kiss from Clay Jordan, oh my god am I queen for a day" - Helen Glover

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-20-02, 07:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Ten"
Very nice Dabo, its funny I couldn't focus on the boards this week.. Thanks for this nice summary.

And then there were none....

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-02, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Ten"
Just wanted to say Great Job Dabo. Thanks for including Lex's and Barber's perspectives.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-02, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Ten"
Excellent, dabo! And thanks for including links to other sources as well.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-02, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Ten"
Cool, Dabo! This is a tough week, but all of your links help tremendously to mentally organize the possibilities.

Great factoid about Diane Ogden, too! Who'd-a thunk it?

-- br

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •