The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nine Shift Theory"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Me-Lissa 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-17-00, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Me-Lissa Click to send private message to Me-Lissa Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nine Shift Theory"
AK said in regards to the Access Hollywood theory:
(see Why is Sue not in this Pic? for the full discussion)
>
>So, the question is, which order
>should we put the Tuesday
>clips in:
>
>the straight order: Rudy 4th, Richard
>3rd, Susan 2nd, Kelly 1st;
>
>or the reverse order: Kelly 4th,
>Susan 3rd, Richard 2nd, Rudy
>1st?
>ONE OF THESE IS RIGHT!

Me:

I would like to propose the Nine Diagonal Shift theory which is based on the Glossary theory:

Tagi Tribe Named for the beach on which they live (located on the island's southeast face), Tagi's members are: Stacey, Dirk, Richard, Susan, Kelly, Rudy, Sean, and Sonja.

Let's put these names in a rectangular grid and assign a value based on the position in the list:

1-Stacey 2-Dirk 3-Richard 4-Susan
5-Kelly 6-Rudy 7-Sean 8-Sonja

We know that Sonja was the first to go followed by Stacey. Start with Sonja and diagonal up to Stacey. Numerically, 8 + 1 = 9. We shift over to Dirk, who we know is next. Dirk is 2, diagonal down to Sean who is 7, and we get 2 + 7 = 9. If this pattern follows, then we shift again to Rudy who is 6. In order to come up with 9 again, we must diagonal up to number 3 who is Richard. The next step is to shift to Susan 4 and the last must be Kelly-5 diagonally down to come up with 4 + 5 = 9.

If this order is intentional, then the Nine Diagonal Shift theory agrees with straight order mentioned above.

We may also want to look at the order of the people NOT appearing in the Final Four picture. From left to right, are they Richard, Sue, and Kelly ??

Melissa

P.S. If this isn't clear, please let me know.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Nine Shift Theory AyatollahKhomeini 08-17-00 1
   RE: Nine Shift Theory flying squirrel 08-17-00 2
       Very good post.. BadAs 08-17-00 3
           RE: Very good post.. AyatollahKhomeini 08-17-00 6
 RE: Nine Shift Theory finner 08-17-00 4
   RE: Nine Shift Theory AyatollahKhomeini 08-17-00 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-17-00, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Nine Shift Theory"
Thanks, Me-Lissa. I had forgotten about this one, because people were focusing on the simpler variant (just put Sonja at the front and the list is the bootees in order).

The reason some theory based on the CBS Web site glossary is viable is that you could predict the order in which the Pagongs were going to leave based on their glossary entry:

"Pagong Tribe: Named for the beach on which they live (located on the island's northeast tip), Pagong's members are Ramona, BB, Gretchen, Joel, Jenna, Greg, Colleen, and Gervase."

If you reverse each pair of names, you get BB, Ramona, Joel, Gretchen, Greg, Jenna, Gervase, and Colleen: the exact order that the Pagong left the island. Coincidence? Then find another reason that the names are in this order!

OK, the Nine-Shift variant of the Glossary Theory, the Access Hollywood theory, and the TIARA theory of the final four picture all line up. Coincidence or legitimate spoilers? You already know my view of that.

Against them is only the "reverse" Access Hollywood theory. Can the Rudy fans in the audience come up with any potential spoilers of their own?

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-17-00, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Nine Shift Theory"
One item that gives credence to the theory that Access Hollywood is deliberately trying to give away the outcome without violating its contract with CBS:

it's owned by NBC.

BadAs 372 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-17-00, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BadAs Click to send private message to BadAs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Very good post.."

in more simpler terms what are we saying? the winner is (blank) via (blank) theory. Your logic has been proven, let's know mold it down to simplicity so we can reference the theories and it's conclusions. You and AK & others have spend time on molding these theories. Lets incorperate them in our final winner theories.

BA Good Work!!

08-17-00, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Very good post.."
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-00 AT 01:00 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-18-00 AT 12:54 PM (EST)

>in more simpler terms what are
>we saying? the winner
>is (blank) via (blank) theory.

Access Hollywood straight theory: winner Kelly, Rudy first off.
Access Hollywood reverse theory: winner Rudy, Kelly first off.
TIARA (final four) theory: Rudy first off, no winner predicted.
Nine-Shift Glossary theory: winner Kelly, Rudy first off.

final order of finish:
Access Hollywood straight: Kelly, Susan, Richard, Rudy.
Access Hollywood reverse: Rudy, Richard, Susan, Kelly.
TIARA: final three are Kelly, Susan, and Richard (but no breakdown among them); Rudy fourth.
Nine-Shift Glossary: Kelly, Susan, Richard, Rudy.

Note that Access Hollywood and TIARA have each picked the bootee 3 straight times, and Nine-Shift Glossary has picked the Tagi bootee 4 straight times.

The real question is this: are people deliberately dropping clues? Well, the Nine-Shift variant of the Glossary theory is 12 for 12 (keeping in mind that it gave two choices each time until the Pagong were gone). Do you REALLY think that is coincidental? And NBC has no reason to keep the result a secret IF it can give it away without getting sued.

#######
Additionally, Me-Lissa has come up with the following ordering theory in a separate post:

Opening Credits Circle Theory: Rich wins, Rudy first off.
order of finish: Rich, Kelly, Sue, Rudy.

This theory is based on matching the positions of the Tagi with the positions of the Pagong in the opening credits. See Me-Lissa's post for a more detailed explanation.

finner 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-17-00, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finner Click to send private message to finner Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Nine Shift Theory"
I don't want to downplay your theory. It may be right, who knows. But you could put those people in any order and if I studied it long enough, I could come up with a mathematical formula that would point to the correct order. Just playing devil's advocate..

08-17-00, 09:07 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Nine Shift Theory"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-00 AT 09:28 PM (EST)

Devil's advocates (and even devils) are valuable in this analysis. BUT we know that a simple shift worked in the glossary to produce the Pagong boot order.

While "nine-shift" is a complicated name, it's more commonly used than you may realize. For example, I was at an awards ceremony for an organization which had decided to give its 12 awards only to people who were present. Eight people were nominated for each award. They were listed in the program (and announced to stand up) in the following rank order, which was not marked in any way:

The top person present got the award. I watched the ceremony (I was nominated for one, but I was ranked 8th(!) and didn't win) and I asked the presenter about this afterward. After she finished being embarrassed, she told me that they had been listing the program that way for several years and no one had ever noticed before....

So it makes sense to me that the Tagi are listed 7,6,3,2,1,4,5,8. I cannot think of an alternate sensible order beginning with 7,6,x,x,x,x,5,8. Of course, it COULD be random -- but the Pagong weren't!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •