The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"MB screwed Brian??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindella27 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-15-02, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindella27 Click to send private message to mindella27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"MB screwed Brian??"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-02 AT 06:42 AM (EST)

First things first, Brians video from home should have been viewed privately by him, thats it!! He worked so hard to win, and than basically got screwed. Brian looked pissed. His wife is a total IDIOT. How dumb can you be, I guess just look at her, eye candy. He did share the drink though. Also last night you saw how often he cracks jokes. Im starting to agree with other posters when they say his women coments are tongue in cheeck.

Personal opinion is we just saw Brians kingdom. He has Ted in his left pocket, Clay in his right, and Jan and Helen in both his back pockets. He is shrewd. I think Jake will go next week, or possibly Clay. He has had a little of a jump in face time.

I want Brian to win but im not so sure now, im seeing him as being third, or possibly second. He just seems edited that way. He will make final three but could possibly lose and not be taken due to his wealth, or could be taken due to that.

Brian is just about the most interesting character left on the show. Ted is a loner, despondent underdog?? Jan and Helen im not to sure about. I think Jan is more safe than we think. Helen could go you never know. She annoys some with her recipees. But, I dont think all the women mind as much as the men do.

Therefor in conclusion the tape let everyone know that Brian is doing very well for himself. He also knows the Suckies want him gone. Jake is going next week because they might view him as a trouble maker, or threat, but maybe Clay for disloyalty, or Ted because of being a loner? This is a tough choice, any insight from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: MB screwed Brian?? SurvivinDawg 11-15-02 1
   RE: MB screwed Brian?? jkokoj 11-15-02 2
       RE: MB screwed Brian?? katem 11-15-02 6
           Helen's comments lizzmac 11-15-02 24
               RE: Helen's comments GeorgiaBelle 11-15-02 29
                   RE: Helen's comments snoocharoo 11-15-02 30
       Brian took a chance weltek 11-15-02 8
 RE: MB screwed Brian?? mistofleas 11-15-02 3
   Apology SurvivaBear 11-15-02 5
       RE: Apology mistofleas 11-15-02 10
 RE: MB screwed Brian?? SurvivaBear 11-15-02 4
 Yeah, he's screwed. Cathy the Canadian 11-15-02 7
 RE: MB screwed Brian?? LionChow 11-15-02 9
 RE: MB screwed Brian?? samboohoo 11-15-02 11
 Mark the Manipulator frisky 11-15-02 12
   RE: Mark the Manipulator SurvivinDawg 11-15-02 20
   Agree AyaK 11-15-02 21
 RE: MB screwed Brian?? OceanSkater 11-15-02 13
   RE: MB screwed Brian?? NorthOfBoston 11-15-02 32
 RE: MB screwed Brian?? Loree 11-15-02 14
 HUH? MikeD 11-15-02 15
   RE: HUH? frisky 11-15-02 16
       RE: HUH? MikeD 11-15-02 18
           RE: HUH? frisky 11-15-02 23
   RE: HUH? DeadInTheWater 11-16-02 34
       RE: HUH? Loree 11-16-02 35
 Brian's video, Fiji and Rewards. ulalame 11-15-02 17
   RE: Brian's video, Fiji and Rewards... frisky 11-15-02 19
 MB did NOT screw Brian GuessItRains 11-15-02 22
   RE: MB did NOT screw Brian shakes the clown 11-15-02 31
       RE: MB did NOT screw Brian ZJ 11-15-02 33
           RE: MB did NOT screw Brian dabo 11-18-02 36
       RE: MB did NOT screw Brian snoocharoo 11-18-02 37
 RE: MB screwed Brian?? snoocharoo 11-15-02 25
   RE: MB screwed Brian?? lizzmac 11-15-02 26
 RE: MB screwed Brian?? steppingrazor42 11-15-02 27
   RE: MB screwed Brian?? Loree 11-15-02 28
 RE: MB screwed Brian?? Blueberry Neko 11-18-02 38
   RE: MB screwed Brian?? twentyfourseven 11-18-02 39
       RE: MB screwed Brian?? frisky 11-18-02 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-02, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
I agree, it was ridiculous for everyone to watch Brian's tape like that. But I don't agree that his wife is "a total idiot." That's pretty strong language and a harsh judgement based on one video made for a loved one who is away from home.

MB also seems to emphasize when someone wants quality time alone. I recall Jerri Manthey in Survivor 2 doing that before the maze challenge, and it got lots of airtime. Now Ted is getting face-time for his little canoe trip.

I would also agree that a pagonging of Svckie is about to happen.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-15-02, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
It was obvious that Brian was upset that he had to watch his video with the rest of the tribe. What kind of reward is that? That whole scenerio went against his strategy.

Brian could be in trouble though. Clay and Jake seem to be working things pretty hard. Clay set up Ted for those three votes. Remember the survivors as well as the audience still have no clue how a tie will be broken. Clay has 2 votes and I am sure he wants to be sure that his other tribemates have at least the same amount if not more than him.

While Jake is working it hard, he is going to be dumped pretty quick. I think Helen/Ted are misdirection for a boot next week. Jake has had the most air time the last 2 weeks of anyone.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-15-02, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"

>Brian could be in trouble though.
> Clay and Jake seem
>to be working things pretty
>hard. Clay set up
>Ted for those three votes.
> Remember the survivors as
>well as the audience still
>have no clue how a
>tie will be broken.
>Clay has 2 votes and
>I am sure he wants
>to be sure that his
>other tribemates have at least
>the same amount if not
>more than him.

I said this in the misdirection thread. I don't think Brian is in trouble at all. Brian is in full control of this thing.

I strongly believe he convinced Clay to organize the vote against Ted. Both Ted and Clay believe that Brian will go with them to the finals.

It appears Ted will find out who was behind those votes. According to the Suckies (Jake will tell Ted) it was Clay.

Brian smells like a rose in all this. Helen's comments about the cars was possible misdirection. Jake's motives for voting off Brian were because B is strong contender for the cash.

In conclusion Brian is very well liked and respected. AND, he's manipulating the other two guys in his tribe, and possibly the ladies as well.

Jake is going to stir up trouble next week, before he is voted off.

(c) 2002 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-02, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Helen's comments"
Katem wrote:

Brian smells like a rose in all this. Helen's comments about the cars was possible misdirection. Jake's motives for voting off Brian were because B is strong contender for the cash
-------------

What I noticed about Helen's comments is that they seemed *much* different to me in context, last night. In the preview, it sounded as though she was talking as though *she* would find the car(s) reason enough to vote someone off, since they didn't need the money.

Last night - we didn't tape it, so I can't give you an exact quote - but there was some extra little comment in there that made me think, it's more like she's *afraid* the video/car/piano would give someone *else* a reason to vote him off - as though, hmmmm, maybe there's an alliance there, and she doesn't want to see Brian gone so soon?

Lizzmac

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-15-02, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Helen's comments"
What I noticed about Helen's comments is that they seemed *much* different to me in context, last night. In the preview, it sounded as though she was talking as though *she* would find the car(s) reason enough to vote someone off, since they didn't need the money.

I took it as she could find two cars a reason to vote him off.

Helen said "With the nice brand new two cars in the garage and the baby grand piano, it looks like Brian is doing pretty damn good for himself. If I were against Brian right now, that would be enough to vote him off. Because I would be going this guy does not need the money."

The keywords appear to be "...right now..." I think she will try and use this against him if it suits her purpose and continues her stay on the island. Brian at one point did say the tape revealed more about his family than he would have liked to have revealed.

Wherever shall I go whatever shall I do.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-15-02, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Helen's comments"
Belle...Brian was PISSED. He's just smart enough to hide it, those acting skills have served him well in this game.

Helen's money hang up will likely affect her jury vote,I don't think she has a strong enough influenece within the tribe to rally the others and prolong her game time.

Snoocharoo

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Brian took a chance"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-02 AT 10:33 AM (EST)

I think every time you win an challenge, you take a risk of putting a target on your head for future votes. The survivor's need to realize that being UTR in challenges (especially rewards) is sometimes best. If you remember, in S1 wasn't the video shown to everyone when the reward was won? I don't think MB manipulated the rules, I think he was just overjoyed at the way Brian's wife set him up.

I do wonder about what we DIDN'T see afterwards. Brian probably managed to make up a good reason for the Tahiti (or Figi or whatever) trip comment (we didn't have much of a honeymoon or something like that) and he probably explained the cars by being the car salesman. I think MB made this out to be a bigger deal than it will be in the grand scheme of things.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
His wife is a total IDIOT. How dumb can you be, I guess just look at her, eye candy.

On behalf of myself and ALL the eye candy on this board, I am insulted.

--thinks an apology is in order

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Apology"
I guess I can not apologize on behalf of mindella, but I would like to express my sincere appreciation to Misty, Snooch, and all the other superbly intelligent eyecandy on this board.

Plus, I do not think Brian's wife had any idea that his video would be shown to everyone. Like Brian said, "at least she kept her clothes on."

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Apology"
Thank you SurvivaBear, that was very sweet and I appreciate the gesture.

--goes back to her Mensa meeting

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-15-02, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
I agree completely. I do not know if they singled Brian out (assuming Jiffy's statement about everything being pre-planned is accurate), but it doe appear to be another example of EPMB trying to go against assumptions. In general, the rewards this season have been non-existent or sucked!

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Yeah, he's screwed."
I think Brian will still make the final 2 - but who the heck is going to vote for him to win now?

His wife is talking about Fiji - and you know when the final two are asked what they'll do with the $, number 2 is going to say something like "open a camp for underprivaledged kids" or something equally cheesy, like they always do.

I think he's pretty much screwed, and has to do some major PR work if he has a hope of recovering.

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-15-02, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
I would tweak mindella's wording a bit and say that, whether she is or is not an idiot, she came off as being vapid and greedy. Showing off the nice house, the piano and the cars completely undermined Brian's game strategy, and yes, he did not seem pleased about it at all. I think a lot of his jokes were rushed attempts at damage control. He had to be cringing inside watching that video. "Win the million dollars so you can bring ME to Fiji. Here let ME shake my a$$ for you".

Talk about a DAW!!

Also, if you're Brian, why go out of your way to antagonize Ken at Tribal Council. If you make it to the end, you're going to need Ken's vote, so why call him a lazy bum who didn't carry his weight? Totally unnecessary.

Though it was a nice a$$...

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
MB Screwed Brian. Sounds like one of the videos from Brian's resume. Or maybe these are the official "buffs" you can buy from the CBS website.

Oh yeah, back to the reward. I agree with weltek. I'm sure there was more to that video than we actually saw, but Brian's wife played right into MB's hands. Brian saw a snipit of it before the challenge, and he knows his wife. Maybe he shouldn't have tried so hard. If I were ever to go on the show, my main strategy would be not to try too hard in the individual reward challanges. That immediately makes you a target. Look at Colby. The only thing that saved his butt was that he did actually win the immunities.

But certainly one can understand the adrenaline rush Brian got as soon as he got a glimpse of that little black tape . . .

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Mark the Manipulator"
Who directs the videos?

Don't you think it's a little odd that instead of spending her video time holding the child and talking to Brian, updating him on stuff, we love you, we miss you, she TAKES BRIAN FOR A TOUR OF HIS OWN HOUSE? He knows what his friggin house looks like!

The director says "OK, let's get a shot of the car...let's get a shot of the piano." The whole Fiji thing sounded like BB's Tonya in the Turks and Caicos talking about her ta-ta's and her ya-ya's. I wonder how many takes they had to do before she got it right.

The whole thing was a set up. That tour of his own house was just too much. If I were sending hubby a message from home I sure as hell wouldn't say, "See, hunny, here's your truck just where you left it." WTF??

Who is King Mark trying to manipulate? Us.

First, he gives us Helen's comment which has been edited significantly enough for it to be taken entirely out of context. Second, he gives us the video scene, panning over the tribemates faces as they solemnly watch Brian's video. We don't know what they're thinking, but because EPM has already fed our collective subconscious with Helen's remark in the previews, we automatically assume that they are fuming because Brian has the nerve to compete for a million bucks when he already has stuff.

They were probably just thinking, "Geez, I wish I'd won" or "I wish I could hold my baby" or "Gawd, my wife looked great" or "Gawd, Brian's wife looks great"...

This was all just an effort to make us think Brian is in trouble. In Burnettese, that means he isn't.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Mark the Manipulator"
Don't you think it's a little odd that instead of spending her video time holding the child and talking to Brian, updating him on stuff, we love you, we miss you, she TAKES BRIAN FOR A TOUR OF HIS OWN HOUSE? He knows what his friggin house looks like!

This isn't as odd as you think. My brother received a video from his girlfriend in NYC last Christmas. She went on a tour of their favorite restaurants, even ordering and eating some of their favorite dishes on camera. The video also went to places they would go to, friends' apartments (everyone waving hello), and some footage of my brother while he was in NYC. Of course, my brother was well aware of what these places looked like.

Point being: She was giving a tour to Brian of what he's going to be coming home to when he gets done with Survivor (and that's what her little dance was for, too ). These tapes are supposed to be reminders of home, and that's exactly what Brian got.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Agree"
frisky, I agree completely. If this isn't a classic example of EPM misdirection, I'll eat my tape of one of the Survivor 1 or 2 episodes.

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-15-02, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
I did not know there was a salary cap and ownership limitations to be on a game show. I mentioned this else where, how did ALL the contestant afford to take 2 months off from work? They don't get paid up front?

As for Mrs Heidrick, she is very cute and in great shape. They do live close to a poppy reserve and therefore might have been exposed to some poppy spores! I say go for it, Mrs H. I did not like that everyone got to see his tape, that was low. If she thought the tape was for him only, WTF, Ted grinded too, it just was too dark to get on film.

I think Jake's had his face time. Time for him to get hosed! (reference to opening shots where all but three are shown with a stream of water over their pic, so far the three "dry" ones are still in game)

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
>I think Jake's had his face
>time. Time for him to
>get hosed! (reference to opening
>shots where all but three
>are shown with a stream
>of water over their pic,
>so far the three "dry"
>ones are still in game)
>

Actually, Stephanie was a "dry" face and she's long gone. I thought the same thing for a while, that the no-water faces were the safest, but it looks like just a coincidence.

Unless Penny wins the game, that is... she's the only one with no fire or water around her. But I doubt MB would be that stupid to reveal such a pertinent thing... he's not Brian's wife after all.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
If Brian has ever watched the previous Survivors he should have known that the video may be viewed in front of everyone. They have done that before. And he knows his wife and lifestyle better than anyone. So why did he want to win? He stayed underwater longer than anyone last week. Then he wins this. Why doesn't he just put a target on himself. I think his own cockiness is going to do him in. Ken doesn't like Brian and Ken is now on the jury where he can influence others.

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "HUH?"
Where did all of these Brian fans come from? What is there to root for? Brian screwed himself and Im glad they let everyone watch his video so this A-hole wont win. He obviously makes a good living, has a hot wife, and everytime he opens his mouth to the camera he has something egotistical and lame to say. Brian screwed himself dude.

Brian thinks he's Rich Hatch - he wishes he could be so cunning. Brian is completely being setup to be voted off soon. There's a huge difference between being a jerk that is smart and knows whats he doing and a jerkoff that thinks he's smart and thinks he knows what he's doing.

11-15-02, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: HUH?"
Umm...can't speak for others here but if my post had been intended to be a "Brian's fan" post I would have put it on the Fanatics board.

There's some good speculation in this thread if you look for it. Sure, some postings are more suited more for...say...BASHERS, but that's typical for post-show Friday.

>>Brian screwed himself and Im glad they let everyone watch his video so this A-hole wont win. He obviously makes a good living, has a hot wife...

Sounds like you got sucked in by Mark. ;)

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: HUH?"
Fair...but how can you not? Did you hear Helen's comment about him having too many cars? Did you hear Jake saying that they needed to get rid of Brian? Did you hear Brian say he was going to look out for number one after it came down to he and Ted in the finals? He's just simply not going to win this game.

Dont get me wrong - he may not be the next to go...or the next-next to go, but his time is coming. They showed the Brian/Ted alliance early on, in my opinion, to watch it fall. And wasn't Brian also a Ghandia star?

My opinion has very little to do with the video or "getting sucked in by MB". The fact of the matter is they wouldnt show us his nasty comments if they didnt want us not to like him.

11-15-02, 01:21 PM (EST)
23. "RE: HUH?"
(Isn't Ghandia's list irrelevant now that jury selection is underway? Don't the people who get booted off now go to a different Loser Lodge?)

I agree that Brian is just, well, a jerk. At least he is being edited as one. But who is to say that it isn't time (again) for "The Jerk" to win Survivor. Lex bugged us, he lost. Kathy irritated people, she lost. Yet, when it was all over, you kind of think these people played the best and maybe they should have won instead of that boring nice guy/girl.

In the past six months, CBS has crowned Vecepia (yawn) and Lisa (snore) reality queens, much to the dismay of people on this very site, some of whom even vowed never to watch these shows ever, EVER again!!! Maybe CBS is thinking...OK, it's time.

I'm not saying all this because I'm a Brian fan or because I want him to win or because I think he will win, I just think that we can't discount him as the winner just because he is being edited as the bad guy. Don't forget the running theme this year...ASSUMPTIONS.

DeadInTheWater 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-16-02, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeadInTheWater Click to send private message to DeadInTheWater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: HUH?"

>Brian thinks he's Rich Hatch -
>he wishes he could be
>so cunning. Brian is
>completely being setup to be
>voted off soon. There's
>a huge difference between being
>a jerk that is smart
>and knows whats he doing
>and a jerkoff that thinks
>he's smart and thinks he
>knows what he's doing.

Keep in mind that Brian only says these things to the camera though. His behavior when his tribe is around is totally opposite of what he is like during the confessionals. So, he probably comes across as a completely likeable guy to them.

11-16-02, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: HUH?"
So far of everyone voted off Ken is the only one who has mentioned not liking Brian. And I think they had an alpha male rivalry thing.

But John, Tanya, Ghandia and Shii Ann have all talked nicely about him. Of course they don't get to vote.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-15-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Brian's video, Fiji and Rewards."
I think that Brian made a mistake by winning the reward challenge. Wasn't it in S1 that Dicque made the point of not winning rewards just so as to keep resentment of his control position to a minimum. It was bad strategy for Brian to win that reward, and I think he realized it when the video was shown.

As to the video itself, his wife may not have been subtle, but who thinks about that when making a video to a loved one? She wanted to remind him of all that he was missing at home, is all.

And, unlike others, I think the Fiji comment was relatively inocuous. To me, it looked like Brian's wife may have been a Pacific Islander--perhaps she's from Fiji and a lifelong dream has been to go back and visit her family/friends? If that's the story, it will be pretty easy for Brian to do some spin control after the fact to reduce the damage done by appearances.

11-15-02, 12:49 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Brian's video, Fiji and Rewards."
Brian's wife is from Hawaii.

<http://us.imdb.com/Name?Costigan,+C.C.>

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-15-02, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "MB did NOT screw Brian"
My 2 cents, FWIW....

This is a game about strategy folks. Sometimes it is best not to win a challenge. Winning a trip away from the island can win you jealousy from your tribemates, especially if you bring them back a used mint. Winning a new car can make people decide you don't also need a million bucks. Winning a video reward could have made people jealous even if they don't get to see the video itself. And things might have played out much differently in the coconut immunity challenge if the Rotu 4 had let Paschal or Neleh win instead of axeing them in order.

Brian could have thrown the final part of the challenge to let Helen win. He didn't. Still, I doubt the repercussions are that severe. The one person we know who worries about money and status is Helen, and as Helen herself said, she's currently allied with Brian and not going to break that just because he doesn't need the money. He's sitting in a power position, and while that could shift, I think he's got the best chance of anybody to make the Final 4.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-15-02, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: MB did NOT screw Brian"
>Still, I doubt the repercussions
>are that severe. The one
>person we know who worries
>about money and status is
>Helen, and as Helen herself
>said, she's currently allied with
>Brian and not going to
>break that just because he
>doesn't need the money.

You're rigth, and you're wrong. Let's fastforward a bit to the final vote and see for ourselves just how "severe" those repercussions can be...

Final Votes:

For Brian: Clay, Ted, Jan

For Penny: Jake, Erin, Ken, and Helen, cause Brian doesn't need the money.

Looks pretty severe to me...thanks for the foreshadowing, MB.

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: MB did NOT screw Brian"
And cos Penny bothers to listen to Helen's recipes???

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: MB did NOT screw Brian"
I agree that MB did not screw Brian, he screwed himself. As for Penny getting to the final two, she has to start a string of immunity wins a la Wigglesworth or Donaldson, and it wouldn't surprise me if she did. She can maybe skate through ep 10 without immunity, since Jake has made a target of himself by trying so hard, but after that she's on her own.

11-18-02, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: MB did NOT screw Brian"
F2 is a completely different game dealing with perceptions and opinions formulated based upon what was seen in the game. Jurors have to ask themselves who is more deserving of this $1M prize and why. MB planted seeds of jealousy and resentment by showing that tape of Brian's hot wife, nice home and phat rides. Between now and the end game it will be interesting to see in whom the seeds take root and just how big they grow. Resentment and jealousy are powerful emotions that will come into play in the end game.

Plus we've already been told a SJ wins.

Snoocharoo

"you went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey. Be cheerful, fit in or someone might think you're weird"

11-15-02, 01:40 PM (EST)
25. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
Brian may not have been screwed but his stock plummeted rapidly. First of all he knows that his wife is NO stranger to video (or swinging around a pole). He apologized for her behavior even before they ever played the tape. He was scared to death of that tape. I could see the wheels spinning in his mind and the look of dread on his face. IMHO, his wife did him a great disservice and DID damage to his percieved image among the other tribe mates. She planted the seeds of jealousy and in her ignorance commited a Survivor sin...she put their personal life on display for all to see and pass judgement on. IMHO, Brian's wife is all gift wrap and no gift, which is sad because I think Brian is pretty damn smart and could have won this game if he had not been exposed in such a way.

Whether or not it's irrepairable is another story. I do think that MB was misdirecting us and setting us up to believe that Brian is in danger. But what Helen said is crucial in spoiling that Brian is currently not in danger:

"If I WASN"T on Brian's side, two cars and nice house would be enough to vote him off"

She point blank stated that she is aligned to some extent with Brian regardless of his status is R/L. Brian's status in life won't become a factor unless he is in the F2 and even at that point it depends on who he is up against.

I did LMAO watching Clay DROOL over Brian's wife. What a dirty old man.

Snoocharoo

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
*Thank* you, Snoocharoo - that's the bit I couldn't remember from Helen's comments

Lizzmac
Who - I'll admit - HAS been a Brian fan, since the 2nd episode. I think he's pretty smart. But we'll see

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-15-02, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
After last night I thought there is no way in hell that Brian is going to win this thing, not only because of his stupid video but he's been exposed as being shrewd, it's only a matter of time before the mice want to gang up and boot the cat. I don't think he has control over Helen or Clay, I think both of them would turn on him. Everyone on CG is hungry for the finish line and knows Brian is smart, I don't think this season has many tight bond type of Elizabeth/Rodger or Neleh/Pappy bonds. It's anyone's game now.

11-15-02, 03:37 PM (EST)
28. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
I agree. I don't think there are any really close bonds this season. They are all in it for themselves. I would not be surprised to see any of these players vote another one out. Their loyalties are only for as long as they think it helps themselves.

Blueberry Neko 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blueberry%20Neko Click to send private message to Blueberry%20Neko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
MB didn't screw Brian. Brian's just plain screwed. He's got a couple of nice cars in the garage, a nice piano. But his wife is a total idiot. Let's just be thankful she kept her clothing on, and as Brian said himself "I don't want people knowing that much about my personal life". *cough* porn *cough* (We should all know THIS much my now, ne?)

Oh, and this is my first time posting on the boards. ^_^; I'll be sticking around, don't worry. :3 (I make faces like that all the time. I can stop if'n ya want me to.)

twentyfourseven 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-18-02, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail twentyfourseven Click to send private message to twentyfourseven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
I think Brian will succeed where Lex (Africa) and John (Marqueses) failed. The video situation was blown all out of proportion and looks to me to be a major red herring. As pointed out, he's got everyone right where he wants them and has played a cracking long-term strategy compared to everyone else by doing so.

oh, and this must be why Brian thought his wife could have been in the buff.......(adults only now!)

http://tour.mystique-magazine.com/CC_Costigan.html

with a wife life that, who needs a million bucks?

11-18-02, 11:19 PM (EST)
40. "RE: MB screwed Brian??"
>with a wife life that, who needs a million bucks?

Well, she could use the million to have her nipples fixed. They're too high on the b@@b. Is she doing a headstand, maybe??

Totally agree with you re the red herring business. If anything, the video fiasco has convinced me that Brian is safe, at least for now.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •