The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Former Idols' sales figures"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-28-05, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Former Idols' sales figures"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-05 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-29-05 AT 02:38 PM (EST)

Edited to add Fantasia album sales -- thanks, Geekboy, for the extra info that allowed me to find her record in the database.

A couple of people wanted to compare sales figures for former Idols. Here are some official numbers, researched from SoundScan, the industry standard for sales on this continent.

Note that these are all albums. I left out singles and videos, which are irrelevant in pretty much every way. Note also that these figures reflect sales in North America only; there is no single resource for sales in Europe or the rest of the world that I can easily dip into like I can the North American figures, and I didn't want to spend a week researching this. ;)

The date shown with each of these records is the release date.

Kelly Clarkson

BREAKAWAY 2004-11-23

THANKFUL 2003-04-15

Justin Guarini

JUSTIN GUARINI 2004-11-16 (re-released, presumably - to no avail!)

JUSTIN GUARINI 2003-06-10

Tamyra Gray

DREAMER 2004-05-25

R J Helton

REAL LIFE 2004-03-23

Ruben Studdard

I NEED AN ANGEL 2004-11-02

SOULFUL 2003-08-19

Clay Aiken

MEASURE OF A MAN 2003-10-14

MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH LOVE 2004-11-09

Kimberly Locke

ONE LOVE 2004-05-04

Josh Gracin

JOSH GRACIN 2004-06-15

Fantasia

FREE YOURSELF 2004-11-23

Diana Degarmo

BLUE SKIES 2004-10-26

William Hung

HUNG FOR THE HOLIDAYS 2004-09-21

INSPIRATION 2004-04-06

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Former Idols' sales figures volsfan 03-28-05 1
   RE: Former Idols' sales figures seahorse 03-29-05 4
 RE: Former Idols' sales figures bob_chester 03-28-05 2
   RE: Former Idols' sales figures geekboy 03-29-05 5
       Geekboy gets a cookie Loquatrix 03-29-05 8
 RE: Former Idols' sales figures seahorse 03-29-05 3
   RE: Former Idols' sales figures Ricky 03-29-05 6
 RE: Former Idols' sales figures Ricky 03-29-05 7
   RE: Former Idols' sales figures Flairmarq 03-29-05 9
       RE: Former Idols' sales figures uberspoon 03-29-05 10
 RE: Former Idols' sales figures uberspoon 03-29-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-05, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Former Idols' sales figures"
So, Clay has sold more on a single album but Kelly has sold more total but it is very close!

Thanks for doing this!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Former Idols' sales figures"
Clay has almost doubled the sales of Ruben's albumns, too. Ruben's second albumn did extremely poor.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-28-05, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Former Idols' sales figures"
Fantasia has a CD out since before Thanksgiving. It is under the name "Fantasia" and it is called "Truth Is"

Evidently it has not done very well here in the USA (so far) but I understand it is doing very well downunder.
Just an FYI

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-29-05, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Former Idols' sales figures"
Its actually called "Free Yourself", but under the single name Fantasia

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-29-05, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Geekboy gets a cookie"
Fantasia

FREE YOURSELF 2004-11-23

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I'll edit my original post to include this info, also.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Former Idols' sales figures"
Amazing William Hung has outperforformed Justin Guarini, Tamyra Gray, R J Helton, Kimberly Locke, and Diana Degarmo for total albumns sold.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-29-05, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Former Idols' sales figures"
William Hung is just a fad though.

But then again so are Justin, Tamyra, RJ, Kimberly, and Diana.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-29-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Former Idols' sales figures"
Thanks for researching and posting those sales figures !

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-29-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Former Idols' sales figures"
This is interesting in the fact that Clay's second album (under his new label) sold more than Kelly. I would also think Clay is getting more money out of it.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-29-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Former Idols' sales figures"
Clay's Xmas disc hasn't sold more than either of Kelly's, unless I'm reading the figures wrong...and I believe Merry Christmas... was released by 19, so it's probably going to be his 3rd that will be under a new label.

i hope that didn't come across as sassy, because I promise I didn't mean for it to. Just sayin' is all.

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-29-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Former Idols' sales figures"
Isn't it interesting that as of the moment Kelly and Clay are the only 2 idol contestants with a double platinum certification?

A couple of things I found really interesting:

Kelly's singles aside, I thought Kim Locke's Eighth World Wonder was probably the biggest A.I. radio hit(it certainly was in my area, where it was practically inescapable for quite awhile). So I think it's pretty surprising that she hasn't gone gold yet, I would have thought she would have higher totals.

Ruben's sales are a little on the anemic side as well...I'd wager that his first album's total will be surpassed by Fantasia's. I mention this only because I predicted Fantasia to be the least successful winner, as far as sales...but I am the first to admit that I was wrong. She is doing very well, even without getting a ton of radio exposure. So go 'Tasia!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •