The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SECRET ALLIANCES"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-14-02, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SECRET ALLIANCES"
Why are we to believe that Brian and Jake have a secret alliance? Is it because they went fishing or to get water together and bonded? Im confused - did I miss something? What on earth would make Brian think that he could possibly win against Jake in the end when the jury would mostly be made up of Chuy Guan's PO'd about getting double crossed by him? Wouldnt he be committing survivor suicide? Any solo Chuy Guan that has made any kind of secret alliance with any member of Sookie at this point of the game is just plain stupid.

Im very curious about this because I think I must have missed something - I saw Penny and Ted talking together alone this last episode - do they possibly have a secret alliance? Any info would greatly help my confusion. Gracias.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SECRET ALLIANCES zzz 11-14-02 1
   RE: SECRET ALLIANCES Wacko Jacko 11-14-02 2
       If anything Jake and Brian are the ... TribalTex29 11-14-02 4
 ET/Extra info Elwood 11-14-02 3
 RE: SECRET ALLIANCES Cin 11-14-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-14-02, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SECRET ALLIANCES"
I agree with you. People seem too ready to convince themselves of "secret alliances." Looking back--I can't really think of any secret alliances. In S1--we know about the Tagi-4 pretty early in the series. In S2--we know that Tina and Colby were aligned pretty early (there may be been a secret "sub-alliance" but not a secret alliance--and we will never know for sure that Tina would not have taken Keith to the finals--we just know that Colby really disliked Keith and was willing to give up $900,000 to show his dislike). In S3--we knew about Lex, Tom and Ethan's alliance from almost the beginning. We also knew about the other alliances going on (e.g., the 5-5 split along age lines). In S4--we knew about the Fatal Four's alliance that was taken down by Pappy and Neleh. We knew about the alliance and even the sub-alliances among the final 5. So far in S5--we knew just from the voting patterns that there was an alliance of 5 in SJ(we just were not certain that Shii-Ann was the fifth wheel, although we had pretty solid suggestions that she was).

MB has not shown a history of completely hiding an alliance for a long period of time (maybe an episode or two, but not too long). Maybe he got a unique opportunity to do that here because the alliance members were not required to vote together (and thus reveal their alliance too soon) and thus could keep the alliance under wraps for many episodes. Besides, alliance forming is good TV. He likes to show these deals. If such a deal were made--he would love to show it--especially if it made a "pagonging" less likely.

I agree that there is no real evidence of any "secret alliances." Right now there seem to be tribal alliances--which may break down. There are probably some hidden sub-alliances (e.g., there seems to be a big debate whether Jake is more loyal to Penny or Ken--not that it may matter much after the merge) but I doubt there are any totally hidden alliances. And if it turns out that I am wrong and there are secret alliances, anyone who predicts them before hand was mostly just guessing.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-14-02, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SECRET ALLIANCES"
Wait a minute!

We did not know the alliance Colby and Tina had. We were lead to believe Keith had a stronger role in the alliance than was shown.

Also the same can be said for Africa. Did we know that Kim Johnson was apart of an alliance or not? Not really.

Every alliance is hidden at this point except Ted and Brian. because they have not came out and said anything about any other relationships.

I do agree though that there is too much analyzing. I don't see any evidence of a Brian/Jake alliance just because the went out on the canoe together. Sometimes if you read some of the reasons for choosing a bootee it is laughable.

TribalTex29 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-14-02, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TribalTex29 Click to send private message to TribalTex29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "If anything Jake and Brian are the biggest enemies..."
From my point of view, Jake and Brian will be the biggest threat to each other. Jake was trying to get dirt from Brian and vice versa. Brian is no dummy. Jake and Ken are cornered animals. Something in me says that if Penny can get in good with Brian, and Jake with Jan or Helen then the tribal lines with become squiggled and anyone has a chance.

Elwood 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-14-02, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elwood Click to send private message to Elwood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "ET/Extra info"
Just saw this, didn't think it deserved it's own thread (so close to air time).

Voiceover talking about SJ scrambling. Pictures of everyone sitting, then closeups of about 5 of them, ending on Jake saying (in what sounded like it was cut from a much longer sentence).

"...get rid of Brian, and if we get rid of Brian TONIGHT.."

Probably means Brian is safe, don't ya think?

But also seems like maybe it becomes 'known' that he's the leader of CG, even to a CG or two that might not have truly believed it.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-14-02, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SECRET ALLIANCES"
I just saw that too, I guess that means we know how Jake wants to stir things up. I do think Brian is safe.

Cin

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •