The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 11 Title - A Closer Look"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-02, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 11 Title - A Closer Look"
This is getting buried under the "Survivor Airs Wednesday November 27th" thread, so I thought I would bring it out here so everyone saw. Here is the TV Guide online listing...

Survivor: Thailand
A Closer Look
60 min.
A look at highlights of some of the most unforgettable moments from the first 10 episodes of the series, including Ted pretending to take pictures of Ghandia; and Clay expressing his admiration of Erin's physique.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Loo... Brownroach 11-13-02 1
   RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Loo... Q 11-13-02 2
       RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Loo... Brownroach 11-13-02 4
 RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Loo... Kokoro 11-13-02 3
   RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Loo... Devious Weasel 11-13-02 5
       RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Loo... Kokoro 11-13-02 6
           RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Loo... Brownroach 11-13-02 8
   RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Loo... JohnMc 11-13-02 7
 RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Loo... Kokoro 11-15-02 9
 Hey.... snoocharoo 11-15-02 10
   LOL dabo 11-18-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-02, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Look"
>>...some of the most unforgettable moments from the first 10 episodes of the series, including Ted pretending to take pictures of Ghandia; and Clay expressing his admiration of Erin's physique.<<

If these moments were so "unforgettable", why didn't we see them during the actual episodes?

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-13-02, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Look"
Because they were saving it for the re-crap episode of course, and as we know the original show was so jam packed with excitement and strategy!

ROTFLMAO

Never Let Them See You Bleed

11-13-02, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Look"
Of course you're right, Q, what was I thinking? With all the dynamic scenes of hut-building, dead-animal burials, uncontrollable weeping, and Erin's breasts that needed to be packed in, no wonder these unforgettable moments were omitted.

Can't wait to see them in the recrap. (yawn)

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-13-02, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Look"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-02 AT 07:00 PM (EST)

Hrm....anyone notice anything interesting about the recaps?

S2: Pre Episode 9 Recap ---> Jerri boot.
S3: Pre Episode 8 Recap ---> Kelly boot.
S4: Pre Episode 8 Recap ---> John boot. Or Zoe? Both surprises.

The fact that it's been rescheduled for so late in the game (and for no real reason that I can see) leads me to think something big will happen in the real Episode 11 and they're trying to let newer viewers catch up before the big surprise (as in the last 3 seasons).

As far as this season is going, it looks like the next two will be predictable. Will the remaining Sook Jai (either Penny or Jake, I figure) be able to save themselves? This here is evidence to me that they will. At least for one week.

EDIT: I've only been up for about 36 hours now so who knows why my spelling is so bad? ^-^;;

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-02, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Look"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-02 AT 05:29 PM (EST)

It could be totally innocent - since the original schedule had this show airing on Thanksgiving, they may have been thinking "Why air an original episode that night" and then when it got rescheduled to Wednesday decided not to bother with rearranging the order of episodes.

On the other hand, this might precede the big betrayals we've been promised all along...

(Edited to correct vicious spelling error...)

11-13-02, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Look"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-02 AT 05:35 PM (EST)

Actually, the recap was aired on a Wednesday during S4 as well (if you don't remember). They have the whole season planned out beforehand so they wouldn't have to suddenly say "Oh my! It's Thanksgiving! We'd better switch the episodes right now!"

The real question should be: Why was this not aired last Wednesday, before episode 8?

11-13-02, 06:27 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Look"
>>The real question should be: Why was this not aired last Wednesday, before episode 8?<<

I suspect they didn't want to interrupt the suspense of "will the non-merge become a yes-merge?" with the recrap. Better to let the yes-merge get underway first.

But why after Ep 10? That is a good question. I think the notion that there is only one SJ left in the game after Ep 10 TC is a good one. Then the recrap can show how the tribe wasted away to that point, and ask -- "will the lone Sook Jai be able to beat the odds and make it to the finish??!!"

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-13-02, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Look"
The fact that it's been rescheduled for so late in the game (and for no real reason that I can see) leads me to think something big will happen in the real Episode 11 and they're trying to let newer viewers catch up before the big surprise (as in the last 3 seasons).

As far as this season is going, it looks like the next two will be predictable.

Good points, as the placement of the recrap also is an indication that the next 2 boots are probably predictable. Penny and Ken are probably next, though what order I have no idea. Jake will be kept because he's a genuinely good man, and he ranks up there with Lis and Rodger and possibly Colleen as one of the nicest people to ever have been on Survivor.

Along those lines, since his boot is predictable, it makes sense that the recrap will postpone the "inevitable," only to then give us a shocker that Jake doesn't get booted in "the real" EP 11 on day 33. That points to a CG boot in EP 11 - who's in line for that boot? (that's probably a question that won't completely be answered until we get closer to that episode.)

Also, just as a matter of my own opinion, to show any Survivor episode the Weds before Turkey Day, or even right on Thanksgiving, is going to be a throw-away episode. It will be nice to see, but it also isn't integral to the outcome. But it's bound to have some GREAT spoiler material!

11-15-02, 00:40 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Episode 11 Title - A Closer Look"
Now that I think about it, I think the most likely explanation for the recap being moved so far back and the likely "surprise" boot that week would be because of something obvious. The last SJ has immunity. Not that a full turnaround of the game couldn't happen, but with the way the game is going and the personalities involved, a turncoat situation for no real reason just doesn't seem likely (although, unless the person up for being booted on CG is utterly clueless, this one boot could change the game).

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-15-02, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Hey...."
If episode 11 is a recap, when am I supposed to the SOTS?????????
Yooooo-Hoooo, Paging Mr. Sleeeve!!!!

Snoocharoo

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "LOL"
We generally refer to the recrap as a .5 episode (this time 10.5), so your SOTS would be due the following week for the actual 11th episode.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •