The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Nine"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-13-02, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Nine"

Episode Nine

Because reading all the threads is hard.

Okay team, our plate is full this week.

First things first, Gold Buffs have been spotted on the survivors. Horay! We finally have a merge. Pictures of the Gold Buff can be seen in the Sunday Vid-Caps : http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3253.shtml

Challenges:

There has been a lot of debate about the challenges. MB has given us clips of a physical challenge, family videos, and another challenge involving green cards. Krautboy gives excellent analysis of the images on the Sunday Preview thread: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3253.shtml . Basically, the tribes will merge at a RC that involves videos from home and some sort of physical challenge. The IC is the challenge with green cards, which we know is different from the other challenge because the survivors are wearing different clothes.

REWARD CHALLENGE:

From the discussion on the Episode 9 Challenge Speculation Thread: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3250.shtml , the cogent theory emerged that the tribes arrive at RC as 2 separate tribes, watch videos of their families, they then receive new buffs and compete in a physical challenge for some sort of reward, perhaps food and watching the entire video from home.

OFG and Spidey speculate that the RC will be in teams, because the physical challenge seems to consist of two courses side by side, and there are 8 competitors. It is reminiscent of Survivor 3, when the tribe was down to 8 and the Reward Challenge involved two groups of two racing through an obstacle course, and the winners of the heats compete in the final for the reward.

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE:

Because of the merge, we know that the Immunity will be individual this week. But who gets it? On the Sunday Preview thread: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3253.shtml , Bungler posted an excellent streaming video of what looks to be Clay pumping his arm, and Ted and Brian looking on, a little dejected. Could he be the winner?

Krautboy speculates that the IC winner will have been portrayed as a target. Therefore, Ken, Penny and Helen are potential winners. More discussion of the theory and it’s ramifications is here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3251.shtml

BOOT:

There doesn’t seem to be any evidence leading to any conclusion. On the Boot Vote Thread, Ken is leading, as he is the biggest challenge threat in the minority. http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3256.shtml

OTHER POSSIBLE SPOILERS

HELEN’S COMMENT

A lot of buzz has circulated about Helen’s comment that “Brand new cars in the garage...that'd be enough to vote them off...” An Epic discussion of the survivor’s finances can be found in Bungler’s Episode 9 (Thursday) Preview thread http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3236.shtml Personally, I found it quite interesting how Jake’s house is worth less than 200,000$.

But, in the Sunday Preview Thread : http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3253.shtml the First Time Poster Bert n Ernie pointed out that Helen seems to be wearing a red buff in her hair during her comment, which would mean that it happened BEFORE the Reward Challenge and the Videos. Although, as franksantlers points out, it could just be a hair ribbon.

MISDIRECTION

The misdirection this week focuses on a possible tribal shuffle. The discussion on the thread http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3238.shtml . The misdirection is ambiguous, as usual, but the discussion has been about how cohesive the CG 5 actually are, and whether SJ could be able to play any division.

ERIN ON THE EARLY SHOW

Ivory Elephant pointed out an interesting possible spoiler about Helen from Erin’s Early Show interview. http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3241.shtml Erin was asked about Helen’s recipes, and said that she has to call Helen to get some of them. But, if they were in LL together, it seems that Erin would have plenty of time to write down the almond caramel raisin bar recipe.

BRIAN

In the Brian’s Seed thread : http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3248.shtml , There is discussion of Brian’s strategy, as well as his editing. Is he too cocky to win?

Hope this helps. Please reply if I missed anything.

MattyMax

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 WOOHOO!!!! Bebo 11-13-02 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Q 11-13-02 2
 RE: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you... smrtNsassybnkr 11-13-02 3
 thanks... janisella 11-13-02 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... OceanSkater 11-13-02 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Krautboy 11-13-02 6
 RC SPOILAGE MattyMax 11-13-02 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... jkokoj 11-14-02 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... bubbastan 11-14-02 9
 Thanks MMax . . . SurvivaBear 11-14-02 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... katem 11-14-02 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... fivestarwheezy 11-14-02 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... GeorgiaBelle 11-14-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-02, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "WOOHOO!!!!"
Excellent! Terrific job summarizing everything - thanks so much for doing this!!!

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-13-02, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Nine"
Were do you all find the time. Thanks for the quick links and updates.

Never Let Them See You Bleed

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-13-02, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!"
After all the time I spent learning my new job this week, I thought I'd never get caught up! You did a GREAT JOB!

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-02, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "thanks..."
... for doing this. I know it took a fair amount of time.

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-13-02, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Nine"
Nice job! I know you put a lot of time in it, and it's a great recap of an uncertain week!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-13-02, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Nine"
Thanks! Nice summary of a complex week...

Krautboy

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-02, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RC SPOILAGE"
Hrm, this slipped from my summary, definitely deserves note.
VanQ pointed this out in this post: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3261.shtml It seems like Brian wins the Reward Challenge: he is seen commenting on his wife's behavior, wearing a GOLD BUFF and looking a little, um, sweaty (maybe spent?) All the other survivors shown watching their videos were in their original tribal colors. Reasonable explanation noted by VanQ is that Everyone sees clips, gets buffs, Brian wins the challenge, watches the rest of his video.

MM

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-14-02, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Nine"
Thank you. I was really missing this.

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-02, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbastan Click to send private message to bubbastan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Nine"
Good Job, Matty!! In a week where a whole lot was going on, you captured everything and managed to put it into a nice, cohesive summary. I found it very helpful!

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-14-02, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Thanks MMax . . ."
For busy/distracted people like myself depend on the SOTS, and this is an excellent one. You did a really good job of synopsis!

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-14-02, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Nine"
MattyMax, this was a perfect SOTS. I love it when the SOTS writer tells us the highlights of all the threads, instead of just pointing them out.

This was perfect. Thanks for the great effort

(c) 2002 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-14-02, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Nine"
Thank you so much for doing this. You are appreciated! Great summary.

Wheeeeeez

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-14-02, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Nine"
Thank you this helps a great deal. I am just learning how to get around in this spoiling arena

A special thank you to the person who told me how to find this thread.

Wherever shall I go whatever shall I do.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •