The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Supernova Love List: week 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Current Message

Velcrohead 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-26-06, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Velcrohead Click to send private message to Velcrohead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 4"
A very disappointing week.

1) Dilana – Cyndi Lauper “Time After Time”
Top of the heap almost by default. The fact that she was willing to take the song on at all suggests she’s conscious of showing versatility. Frankly, it’s not a number you can do very much with other than keep it simple. I liked it. And I can’t take my eyes off her.

2) Storm Large – Dramarama “Anything Anything”
Excellent. Storm knows how to get a crowd going. I’m not at the stage where I’m giddy with excitement waiting for her to perform, though. Yet.

3) Magni – David Bowie “Heroes”
A perennial favourite well sung, if far from spectacular. Maybe Supernova were looking to knock him down a peg or two just for the sake of ‘keeping it real’ but I call BS on the whole guitar thing.

4) Ryan Star – Live “I Alone”
I thought he was good last week doing CCR and this kept the momentum going. One thing: you can almost imagine that him doing the song stemmed from some unrequited love at college/high school experience. And to which the reaction is more *cringe* 'oh, puh…lease' rather than ‘aw…how touching.’

5) Dana Andrews – Nirvana “About a Girl”
She deserves props because her voice, arguably the weakest on the show, could have bombed with an acoustic arrangement. It didn’t. An improvement but it’s clear she’s living on borrowed time.

6) Josh Logan – Blind Melon “No Rain” I don’t know this song. Josh did a competent job but there was little hook to it at all. My prediction is that if he’s in the bottom three he’ll be kicked out – he’s too pretty boy for Supernova and not enough a rocker.

7) Lukas Rossi – The Verve “Bittersweet Symphony”
Urban Hymns
was my de facto album in college and continues to resonate with me strongly. With apologies to Glow, I hated the way Lucas snarled throughout, an antithesis to the song’s title; it just came across angry and angst ridden. I am grateful, however, that he didn’t get the chance to take on "The Drugs Don’t work" instead – I do believe I would have had nightmares. Personally, the song would have been better for Josh (who might also have fitted Richard Ashcroft’s vocal style more).

8) Toby Rand – Billy Idol “White Wedding”
Toby is regressing and with each passing week is being exposed as having more style than substance. Compared to when Lucas did "Rebel Yell," this was dross

9) Phil Ritchie – The Wallflowers “One Headlight”
Either the band was too loud or Phil was in limp mode. No oomph, no depth, very little of anything. Barely beyond the minimum pass mark, IMO.

10) Jill Gioia – The Rolling Stones “Brown Sugar” What.Was.That.

Not worth ranking:

Patrice Pike – The Black Crowes “Remedy”
Excrutiatingly dull. The only thing worse than being bad is being forgettable.

Zayra Alvarez – Blondie “Call Me” Um, the whole performance began and ended with that outfit. Racy, curve-hugging, fetching……in a Cirque-du-Soleil kind of way. The singing? I’ve banished that to the far reaches of my memory and that’s not even remotely far enough. Out of tune, out of here. I’m begging.

VH

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Supernova Love List: week 4   dreamerbeliever     07-25-06       
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   arkiegrl     07-26-06     1  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Glow     07-26-06     2  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   opal219     07-26-06     3  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Glow     07-26-06     5  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   cheesybread     07-26-06     11  
             RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Glow     07-26-06     16  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Hoobie     07-27-06     49  
             RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   dreamerbeliever     07-28-06     50  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   byoffer     07-26-06     10  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Snidget     07-26-06     33  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   tribephyl     07-26-06     4  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Breezy     07-26-06     6  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Magnolia_Rocker     07-26-06     7  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Bebo     07-26-06     8  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   geg6     07-26-06     9  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Glow     07-26-06     12  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   geg6     07-26-06     14  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Tahj     07-26-06     28  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   xwraith27     07-26-06     13  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Wacko Jacko     07-26-06     19  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Loree     07-26-06     15  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   thndrkttn     07-26-06     17  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Loree     07-26-06     18  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   arkiegrl     07-26-06     20  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   thndrkttn     07-26-06     22  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   triednottowatch     07-26-06     24  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   xwraith27     07-26-06     25  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Glow     07-26-06     26  
             RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   thndrkttn     07-26-06     27  
                 RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Glow     07-26-06     30  
                     RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   thndrkttn     07-26-06     31  
                         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Glow     07-26-06     32  
                         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Buggy     07-26-06     34  
                             RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   thndrkttn     07-26-06     35  
                         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   arkiegrl     07-26-06     39  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Loree     07-26-06     44  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   michel     07-26-06     21  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   cheesybread     07-26-06     23  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Velcrohead     07-26-06     29  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   ginger     07-26-06     36  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Glow     07-26-06     37  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   LittleFox     07-26-06     38  
             RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   ginger     07-26-06     40  
                 RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Glow     07-26-06     41  
                     RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   ginger     07-26-06     42  
                         RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Glow     07-26-06     43  
                             RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   ginger     07-26-06     47  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   Savahnna     07-26-06     45  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   SilverStar     07-26-06     46  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 4   CattyChat     07-26-06     48  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •