So what did you think of the week four performances by these twelve rockers? Have new favorites emerged, did old favorites make your heart beat faster yet again, or who disappointed and had you scratching your head wondering what the *bleep* was that?
Remember that a love list is all about you and whatever you want to base it on. As long as you’re being true to your feelings, then it is correct.
1) Dilana – Cyndi Lauper “Time After Time” (1,1,1) Well I guess the one trick pony argument against Dilana is now put to rest. My sweet Dilana has more tricks than sleeve. It was captivating, mesmerizing, and the vocals were the perfect mix softness, vulnerability, and power. I would choose to listen her version of Time After Time over the original every single time. On the seventh day God created a rockstar goddess name Dilana.
2) Storm Large – Dramarama “Anything Anything” (5,6,4) Hell yeah! Storm doesn’t need to give me candy, diamonds, pills, or hundred dollar bills … just being allowed to breathe the same air as this girl is more then enough. If she said yes to my marry me marry me proposal, would sell the wife, kids, and the white picket fence to give her anything anything she wanted.
3) Ryan Star – Live “I Alone” (6,8,7) Must admit that I’ve been aching to send Ryan skyrockets in flight up my love list and well this is finally the week Was the complete package tonight, fantastic stage presentation, phenomenal voice as always, and the boy is actually starting to have some fun. Look out frontrunners, here comes a shooting Star.
4) Magni – David Bowie “Heroes” (13,4,3) Sorry Supernova, just didn’t get the criticism. How exactly does playing a guitar not right for that song? The Iceman showed a new tone to his voice that I totally dug. Thought it was fantastic and Magni is becoming my Mr. Consistency like Marty was last season.
5) Lukas Rossi – The Verve “Bittersweet Symphony” (3,2,5) Finally actually understood most of the lyrics from Lukas tonight and it was a good thing. Sorry Glow but I’m still waiting for another “oh my friggin gawd” performance out of Lucky Charm.
6) Josh Logan – Blind Melon “No Rain” (7,9,11) Okay so here’s the deal, I’m a huge Blind Melon fan and I’m not afraid to shout it out loud. When thinking of the loss of Shannon Hoon, it makes me sad. So with that said, I thoroughly enjoyed this performance by Josh. It’s my favorite so far by the Soulman. Clearly Supernova wants him out and were ready to attack anything he did tonight. I thought it was good, others may disagree.
7) Toby Rand – Billy Idol “White Wedding” (10,3,10) It’s not that I didn’t like it because I did, but it felt really forced to me. When Lukas did a Billy song, it felt oh so good and natural. When Toby did one, it felt out of place and not natural.
8) Dana Andrews – Nirvana “About a Girl” (14,12,13) Guess her Dilana 101 teachings have taken hold. If this was her best, still not all that impressed.
9) Phil Ritchie – The Wallflowers “One Headlight” (11,7,6) ehh it was okay, nothing special. Kinda been there and done that already.
10) Zayra Alvarez – Blondie “Call Me” (2,5,2) Think Zayra is a Trekkie and purchased that outfit at a Star Trek convention. The skintight blue suit was hot hot hot but the voice was back to being not not not. Funny that in the week I thought she looked the hottest, Zayra takes the biggest nosedive on my list. I’m pretty much done defending her. No biggy if she gets the boot this week.
11) Jill Gioia – The Rolling Stones “Brown Sugar” (12,14,8) Please go away and the quicker the better.
12) Patrice Pike – The Black Crowes “Remedy” (8,10,9) Awful. My initial week one thoughts of her having one of the better female voices has now been blown to smithereens. This was one of the most lifeless performances of the entire Supernova season. And to answer her question as to how I was feeling, well I was doing pretty good until I had to endure that.
Booted: Jenny Galt (9,13,12) – Good luck with that Canadian pop career Jenny.
The order the contestants appeared …
Lukas Rossi – The Verve “Bittersweet Symphony”
Zayra Alvarez – Blondie “Call Me”
Dana Andrews – Nirvana “About a Girl”
Patrice Pike – The Black Crowes “Remedy”
Toby Rand – Billy Idol “White Wedding”
Magni – David Bowie “Heroes”
Ryan Star – Live “I Alone”
Jill Gioia – The Rolling Stones “Brown Sugar”
Phil Ritchie – The Wallflowers “One Headlight”
Dilana – Cyndi Lauper “Time After Time”
Josh Logan – Blind Melon “No Rain”
Storm Large – Dramarama “Anything Anything”