The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"David and Jeff- Carboard Cutouts?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Turkishdelights 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-08-03, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Turkishdelights Click to send private message to Turkishdelights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"David and Jeff- Carboard Cutouts?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-08-03 AT 01:17 AM (EST)

Is it just me, or do David and Jeff have about as much personality as two cardboard cutouts? I still can't even tell which one is David and which one is Jeff... I pretty much just refer to them under the collective term of 'doofus'.

How could a team get so far without being edited to have a major story-line? I feel like we've gotten to know John and Kelly, Chip and Reichen, and the clowns really well... but like I said, I still can't even tell these two apart.

I don't see how there's any way these two could win with the way they've been edited.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 They're just surfer dudes realitybites 08-08-03 1
   RE: They're just surfer dudes mtopaz 08-08-03 9
 RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutout... wildchickenhunter 08-08-03 2
   RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutout... Breezy 08-08-03 3
 RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutout... ginger 08-08-03 4
 Um... I hate to ask this.... moonbaby 08-08-03 5
 RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutout... FarmBoy 08-08-03 6
 RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutout... FarmBoy 08-08-03 7
 RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutout... ShowMeTheWinner 08-08-03 8
 RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutout... MsShel330 08-08-03 10
   RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutout... hans 08-08-03 11
       RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutout... WHaTTHeMoLe 08-08-03 13
           RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutout... dekko 08-10-03 14
 RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutout... cyclehausen 08-08-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-08-03, 04:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "They're just surfer dudes"
I've gotten a distinct personality from them - the surfer dudes from California. Not particularly intelligent, they don't fight with each other (much), they don't criticize other teams (much), they don't flirt with other teams, they don't use alliances (much), they don't tell jokes, they don't get too down when they finish poorly, they don't celebrate too much when they finish well, and their friendship will last no matter how well they do on the race. Those characteristics, in the eyes of some fans, make them seem "boring". Certainly the editors agree and they haven't been given near the amount of airtime as the others in the top three.

I'm far less certain than you about whether they win or not. Looks like they still have a good chance to me, no matter how they've been edited so far.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-08-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: They're just surfer dudes"
They are typical southern California surfer boys with money - in fact, the dark haired one reminds me of a guy from UCLA I dated when I was in college. They seem like nice enough guys to me, but their rather bland niceness does make for boring reality TV. I think they have a good chance to win, if they stay focused, because they do work well together. But then again, surprisingly, so do Kelly & Jon - bickering, sniggering, junior high name-calling and all - it apparently works for them.

MJ

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-08-03, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutouts?"
David and Jeff?
I think they were eliminated in week 3.

Just saying!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-08-03, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutouts?"
I hope they weren't I have them winning this race in my PTTE.

*Breezy ... keeping OT satisfied since 2003*

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutouts?"
Thank you. I can't remember the names, let alone which is which. We refer to them as The Guys Whose Names No One Remembers when we debrief the show at work. While it wouldn't be as horrible as, say, Flo winnning, I will be very disappointed if these potted plants win.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-03, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Um... I hate to ask this...."
but who are David and Jeff?

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-08-03, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutouts?"
Goats on a surfboard eating cardboard?

I am really confused.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-08-03, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutouts?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-08-03 AT 03:30 PM (EST)

Goats on a surfboard eating cardboard?

I am confused, dude.

OK- really confused. I got a script error, but apparently posted anyway.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-08-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutouts?"
Don't be too sure about the impossibility of having the boring cardboard cutout team winning. We have the exact same teams winning TAR1 and 2. TAR3 is an anomaly. The casting department has got to stop casting these boring people already or the show's gonna get cancelled!

Wait a minute...

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-08-03, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutouts?"
Dude and Bro threatened to have personalities two or three times earlier in the race. Remember the fight in Austria over the horse-drawn carriages and again in India? lined up outside of the film studio gates? They got a bit nasty for a minute. But since then they've faded into the scenery. Maybe there will be some opportunities for them to be testy during the last two episodes.

hans 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-08-03, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hans Click to send private message to hans Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutouts?"
but I like the goats!! well, better than jon/kelly and i-expect-the-whole-world-to-speak-english chip/reichen. Jeff, the dark haired one is kinda cute, and david's the taller one..right??? i am rooting for them to win.

WHaTTHeMoLe 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-08-03, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WHaTTHeMoLe Click to send private message to WHaTTHeMoLe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutouts?"
Here's my theory: what would happen to ratings if one of the "evil" teams won? People have to like the winner (or at least not be harboring passionate hatred for them) for ratings to survive (which may be one of many reasons TAR is struggling, predictability aside). So, Dave and Jeff win. The thing is, they're not terribly bright, so the lack of airtime is really just the producers getting rid of some of their less shining moments in the attempt to make them likeable (or at least palatable).

See, aside from the fact that they're my PTTE pick for winning (in keeping with the general white-guy-team trend), they're also the only remotely likeable team left. Granted, they're bland, but I'd rather drink water than sour milk.

(Oh, and Dave is the taller one and Jeff is the one with the darker hair.)

<--can tell the goats apart

dekko 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-10-03, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dekko Click to send private message to dekko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutouts?"
>Here's my theory: what would happen
>to ratings if one of
>the "evil" teams won?

You mean like Richard Hatch? Heck, the ratings would probably plummet and nobody would ever watch the show again.

No, wait. The other way. More people would watch because EVIL SELLS.

Just my guess.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-08-03, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: David and Jeff- Carboard Cutouts?"
If the goats win with their editing, then Bruckheimer is telling us to just forget about TAR5 ever happening.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •