The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"False, or should I say disingenuous, promos"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-02, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"False, or should I say disingenuous, promos"
What is with the promos in this installment? The radio ad I kept hearing this week had nothing to do with anything:

VO: "It's friends vs. friends when a hidden alliance is uncovered."
Ken: "I don' know what the hell you're tawkin' about..."

What did the VO refer to? That the tribes were against each other after Shii Ann's attempt to switch was confirmed? Lame-o.

And Ken never said this to anyone last night. I'm thinking he might actually have said this in Ep 6 during the Robb confrontation. Can anyone check this out easily? Have they ever inserted dialog from earlier episodes into the promos before?

If this is the case, MB and CBS are reaching new excesses in misdirection, and we need to be very careful. Sheesh.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Agreed Cathy the Canadian 11-08-02 1
 RE: False, or should I say disingen... toddE 11-08-02 2
   RE: False, or should I say disingen... Brownroach 11-08-02 3
 RE: False, or should I say disingen... OceanSkater 11-08-02 4
 RE: False, or should I say disingen... ulalame 11-08-02 5
   Evil Penny MattyMax 11-08-02 6
       RE: Evil Penny Brownroach 11-08-02 7
           RE: Evil Penny OceanSkater 11-08-02 8
               RE: Evil Penny ulalame 11-08-02 9
                   RE: Evil Penny OceanSkater 11-08-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-08-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Agreed"
The misdirections have been ridiculous this survivor. I've stopped reading them altogether. All they do is confuse - which is their purpose!

I've also stopped giving much credence to episode titles. Other than "assumptions", they haven't meant much thus far.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-08-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: False, or should I say disingenuous, promos"
I'm sure many people will cheer last night's surprise, but it wasn't that great. I agree that the promos were tangential to the actual episode.

This season is edited one of two ways: Either the bootee is handed to us on a silver platter (most of the bootees) or we are given no clue to surprise us.

I wish they would show more of what is going on and leave us in suspense about which of the possibilities will occur. Last season was edited much better. The tribal councils were suspenseful because we were shown the plotting, but didn't know the outcome.

11-08-02, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: False, or should I say disingenuous, promos"
This particular promo was just blatant lying, if you ask me. Anyone who tuned in to the show based solely on what this ad promised would have been severely disappointed. I can't think of any other TV show that does this sort of thing.

That said, I did actually enjoy the surprise boot. The 4 SJ's pretty much received equal face time and were all edited positively throughout the episode, so in my mind there really was a question mark when they got to TC. I still thought Ken would go, because it would have fit more with how they've been playing up till now, but apparently they are switching their game plan -- and not a moment too soon.

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-08-02, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: False, or should I say disingenuous, promos"
ARE you ready for the hidden alliance that was uncovered? It was Jake, Ken, Penny and Erin. They admitted it when speaking together. The Musketeers!

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-08-02, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: False, or should I say disingenuous, promos"
Take it for what it's worth, but I think the "friends v. friends" was the Sookie tribe losing again and having to vote out one of their own. Although I really agree with your editing comment--it would have been much more interesting if they'd shown a Penny-Erin alliance, and them "plotting" to vote out Ken, only to have Penny turn on Erin (i.e. friend v. friend) at the TC. It would've made more sense and at least given a clue that Erin was at risk.

We all know Penny is evil, based upon the game play and comments made by other members of the team, such as Shii Ann and Ken, but why has her evilness been so totally concealed? Are we seeing "spin control" so that she will be less reviled when she makes it far in the game, or, gasp, wins? Richard Hatch's "evilness" after all, really was simply good strategy, and he won the game because a majority of the jury admired how well he played the game, despite the fact that he was edited to appear the schemer. EvilPenny's "evilness" on the other hand, appears to simply be of the backstabbing, do what's in her own interest/save her butt, kind. Not much to admire there.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-08-02, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Evil Penny"
I don't think EvilPenny has been too concealed. Last week, she was the target of the Chewys, because she was mean to shii, we saw her lie to robb and steph and jed, we saw her smile voting off shiiann, we saw her seriously ingratiating herself with the chewies this week, them knowing it, she knowing that they know that it's an act, and still continues. EVIL.

MattyMax

11-08-02, 04:27 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Evil Penny"
Agree. EvilPenny's evilness is not overt evilness, because EvilPenny tries to conceal her evilness with a facade of sweetness. But EvilPenny's evilness is apparent to all the other contestants. And, by way of their comments, to the viewers as well.

Everyone has EvilPenny's number.

11-08-02, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Evil Penny"
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor5/video/week08/s5video_04.shtml

I guess Brian is a real idiot then. Or he's really messing with the crew! Catch the daughter/granddaughter remark!

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-08-02, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Evil Penny"
Whoa! Was that video up prior to this episode? It appeared that Brian was speaking about the Sookies before Shii was voted off, or right around the time Shii was voted off, and he makes the comment that he didn't think Penny was all that committed to Erin, and might vote her off just as easily as Shii. Did we miss this big fat hint, or did Evil Pecker Mark keep this video under wraps until after Erin's boot????

11-08-02, 05:48 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Evil Penny"
This was under the recaps for E8, so after Shii-Ann boot and before TC.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •