The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Clowns"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

MollyB 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-09-03, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyB Click to send private message to MollyB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Clowns"
In yesterday's Tampa Tribune, there was an article about
Jon Weiss--of the Clowns. He is the human cannonball with
the Ringling Bros and Barnum and Bailey Circus. It mentioned
his stint with Al on the Amazing Race. It said Al was a former
clown, as was Jon for several years. Anyway, it was a really
nice article. It was bylined Houston by Michael Precker of the
Dallas Morning News, so it may have been in those newspapers too.
Sorry to see them eliminated, and even sorrier after reading
about how nice he was, travels with his wife and three children,
and his wife is the one who fires the cannon.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Clowns AugustGirl 08-09-03 1
   RE: Clowns KeithFan 08-10-03 2
       RE: Clowns AugustGirl 08-10-03 3
           RE: Clowns SaphireLady 08-11-03 4
               RE: Clowns KeithFan 08-11-03 5
                   RE: Clowns SaphireLady 08-11-03 8
               RE: Clowns memacmur 08-11-03 7
           RE: Clowns KeithFan 08-11-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-09-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Clowns"
Can we have a re-do and get the clowns back on that flight to Singapore? I know if given a second chance they'll do much better. So sad they're gone.

Now I have to watch yet one more hour of Rude Chip (gag!) and Reichen. The only fun I'll get is watching them lose. Please, please, please let them lose!

Chip and Reichen..... they deserve each other.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-03, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Clowns"
It's just too bad that they don't have each other anymore (if what you read on the internet is true)

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Mitch Ratcliffe, "Technology Review" (1992)

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-03, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Clowns"
Do you think Reichen finally wised up and threw out Chip, the ultimate drama queen? Or maybe Chip left because Reichen inadvertently used a non-english word, like "croissant" or "burrito"?

Speak English! Speak English!

Yeesh!

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-11-03, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Clowns"
The only real problem I have is that we all do or say things under stress that we would not ordinarily do. Too bad some of us on the boards forget that when bashing. HHmmmm.

As for their relationship, between them, not us. I think any pair that breaks up deserves our understanding and sympathy, not bashing.

Having said all this, yes, they are easy targets and yes they should behave better, but they are human and make mistakes. Personally, think Kelly has more bashable qualities, but alas, I don't truely like bashing so rarely even look in this section.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

08-11-03, 04:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Clowns"
I respectfully disagree!

Mr and Mrs Keithfan's relationship is probably between us, but we're not on TAR! R/C threw their relationship in our face with the blessing of CBS, knowing full well ahead of time that it would be controvertial. I have no problem with their lifestyle, but at the same time I have no remorse in mocking them either.

You are right about saying stuff under pressure that we wouldn't normally say, unless their like most of us MidWesterners who just smile and nod and think to ourselves of 47 ways to filet the offending person

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-11-03, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Clowns"
Your comment about 47 ways to filet someone had me ROFLMAO.

That was funny.

I agree, they did/have opened themselves up to bashing by being on TV. I just felt had to make my point about putting ones self in others shoes. But since ya have, go for it.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-11-03, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Clowns"
Oh, I am well aware that they are under more stress than usual, and therefore have an excuse for doing/saying stupid things. But they're also on (inter)national TV, so I darn well expect them to expect to get bashed to bits by small-minded folks like myself. Heck, if I ever end up on a reality TV show, I will try to be the person most mocked/hated by the internet junkies.

Incidentally, no matter how visciously I may bash a reality TV contestant, if I ever met them in person, I would be much nicer to them. May joke about the 'stupid' things they did, but hey - if you can inspire me to bash you, you're doing a good job entertaining me - and that's what TV is supposed to be all about!

MEmacmur

08-11-03, 04:02 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Clowns"
I think Phil came between them

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •