The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sponsors"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ldychef2k 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-07-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ldychef2k Click to send private message to Ldychef2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sponsors"
We don't know whether the producers of SO actually read these boards, so sometimes I wonder what good it does to kvetch. Just not sure anyone is paying attention.

I wonder how it would be to start making the sponsors aware of the downward spiral the show is on?

For example, I have a catering businss, and would ordinarily go to Big Lots for many of the supplies. What if I went there, filled my cart with what I would be needing, and then called for the manager, explaining that this is a regular order from a small business they are losing because I am making a statement about the SO TV show that they sponsor. And then I would leave them with the full cart and go to WalMart or Costco.

I do this kind of thing on occasion, but mostly I write letters or emails to sponsors. I understand that when we contact someone about our concerns in ANY arena, it is assumed that we bring with us the unspoken opinions of as many as 1000 others who do not take the time to write or call. So, one contact is actually given 1000 times the consideration, as that many others would feel the same way, but would not go out of their wat to express themselves. (And hard copy letters carry more weight than phone calls or emails, as they take more trouble to produce and mail.)

Expressing concern on a web board is cleansing and makes one feel better for the moment. Complaining to the production company simply tells them that their tactics are working and people are emotionally invested in the show. You know the drill: Any attention is desired, even if it is negative.

But complaining to sponsors really gets them listening. So, maybe that's something to think about. If you are unhappy with how the show is going, and have lost interest in the story lines, tell the sponsors.

Whaddya think?

Kris

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sponsors rookwood 11-07-05 1
 RE: Sponsors Sharon_L 11-07-05 2
 RE: Sponsors grace488 11-07-05 3
   RE: Sponsors Ldychef2k 11-07-05 4
       RE: Sponsors rookwood 11-07-05 5
 RE: Sponsors EnfanTerrible 11-07-05 6
 RE: Sponsors im5xblest 11-07-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

rookwood 350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-07-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rookwood Click to send private message to rookwood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sponsors"
I think it's an excellent idea.

Sharon_L 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-07-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sharon_L Click to send private message to Sharon_L Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sponsors"
If someone wants to make a list of the sponsors I'd be happy to find their addresses. I might add that snail mail is probably more effective than email but, at this point, any effort is worthwhile.

Good suggestion.

grace488 145 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grace488 Click to send private message to grace488 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sponsors"
I agree, write a letter and even better, call the sponser. If you fill your cart and then make a disgruntled $9.00 an hour manager(who could give a rip about your mental concerns with the corp.headquarters) tell a $6.00 per hour employee who may live on the brink of poverty or even in poverty put all your chosen items away-that does nothing except show the world you are "off" and perhaps "heartless". In other words you'd be "missing the mark" and "screwing needlessly with the universe". If you were so angry and didn't watch the show today MOnday-Nov. 7th-you missed a great show. Iyanla was doin what god put her on this earth to do and it was inspiring and I loved it!....especially when she was marching around with 2 chairs, a garment bag, and bundles of cloths while yelling at Jill. It was beautiful!

Ldychef2k 139 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ldychef2k Click to send private message to Ldychef2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sponsors"
The show isn't on here for another half an hour. At this point, I have decided not to watch it today. I am going for a two mile walk, then will come home and clean my house and do laundry. Then I will work on the catering job I talked about, and finally will put in eight hours at my home business. I think it's time I stopped living other people's lives on a TV show and took control of my own.

I just said all this stuff to myself in the shower, so I am ON FIRE to get going !!!

Kris

rookwood 350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-07-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rookwood Click to send private message to rookwood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sponsors"
>The show isn't on here for
>another half an hour.
>At this point, I have
>decided not to watch it
>today. I am going
>for a two mile walk,
>then will come home and
>clean my house and do
>laundry. Then I will
>work on the catering job
>I talked about, and finally
>will put in eight hours
>at my home business.
>I think it's time I
>stopped living other people's lives
>on a TV show and
>took control of my own.
>
>
>I just said all this stuff
>to myself in the shower,
>so I am ON FIRE
>to get going !!!
>
>Kris

HOO-RAH!!!!! You go girl! I hope you get even half of that list done!

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-07-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sponsors"
Just FYI girls, the sponsors are listed on the website. But I'm not sure what you are asking the producers to do.

im5xblest 114 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail im5xblest Click to send private message to im5xblest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sponsors"
what do i think? i think the show is still (and has been) too good to throw the baby out w/ the bathwater. how much slime gets its hour everyday on tv? how long do you have to watch daytime television to get the inspiring thought(s) you come away w/ from just one starting over? i'm gonna hang in there for now...

if i was to the point of "had enough," i think i'd start w/ voicing my opinion to the people who produce it. there must be a way to reach them. that way, they'd have an opportunity to change something before their sponsors are pulled out from under them.

5x

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •