The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Radio promo this morning..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-05-02, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Radio promo this morning..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-02 AT 11:08 AM (EST)

on WCBS-FM NY 101.1, just after 9:00 A.M.

VO: "This Thursday, on Survivor...
It's friends vs. friends when a hidden alliance is uncovered."

Ken: "I don' know what you're tawkin' about..."

There's just a ton of negative emphasis on Ken in this week's promos and teasers. Either it's misdirection overkill, or he is about to be shiianned big-time.

***Edited to add: I heard this again today (Thursday) and Ken actually says '"I don' know what THE HELL you're tawkin' about."

Not that that adds any significance, I just wanted to get it right.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Radio promo this morning... Outfrontgirl 11-05-02 1
   RE: Radio promo this morning... smrtNsassybnkr 11-05-02 2
   RE: Radio promo this morning... Brownroach 11-05-02 3
 RE: Radio promo this morning... Ogachu 11-06-02 4
   RE: Radio promo this morning... corcam 11-06-02 5
       RE: Radio promo this morning... VerucaSalt 11-07-02 6
           RE: Radio promo this morning... redandwhite 11-07-02 7
               RE: Radio promo this morning... Brownroach 11-07-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-02, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Radio promo this morning..."
Nice catch, Brownroach!

"It's friends vs. friends when a hidden alliance is uncovered."

LOL, apparently MB hopes that Monica and Rachel will vote each other out and leave his show as the sole Survivor?

So since this is linked to Ken by dialogue, we have a choice between a 2-2 split at SJ because Ken has pulled Jake or Erin away from Penny, OR it may relate to the cap of Ken hugging Ted.

I think there's a consensus that Desperate Measures involves the Sookies down to 3 against 5, so among the 4 SJ's no one is more vulnerable than Ken.

Shii Ann called Penny and Erin the doublemint twins, so I don't expect to see a split there, and Jake has been solid with the women from the beginning, far as I can tell, whereas Ken was friends with Jake but also an ally to Robb and Shii Ann.

To date in the SJ game plan, when your allies fall, you fall next, and that's the game logic.

There's only one thing besides ind. imm. that I can see saving Ken, and that's if everyone gets to vote at TC AND the CG have admitted Ken into the boys' club and target Penny.

This could happen and would be pretty cool really, but Penny has been one of those key "dark" players whose story arc is just beginning to surface, and I find it difficult to think she is gone--poof, all of a sudden.

OTOH, Ken's story has been developed since Ep 5: he's ripe for the pickin'.

"as for the truth, it seems we just pick a theory"--Indigo Girls, Deconstruction

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-05-02, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Radio promo this morning..."
Out Front Girl, I have to agree with you here. I think the "Friends vs Friends" refers to Erin/Penny vs Jake/Ken. They all became pretty close over the last few episodes, and the "hidden" alliance could very well be the Penny/Erin. Although it is not a reliable source the National Enquirer article says that Penny outlasts MOST of her teammates. Although we could say that this has been fulfilled with her outlasting 4 of them, I think she and Erin will be the final 2 Sook Jai standing. (I also think Erin will be in the Final 4)

Ken has had extensive story lines over the last 3 episodes or so, and I too think it will be his time to be "Shii-Anned" I think they will be able to boot him out because it will still be tribal immunity this week, and the SJ will lose. I think they will merge next week and Ken as the first member of the Jury will come bact to TC to see a merged tribe.

11-05-02, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Radio promo this morning..."
LOL at Monica and Rachel, OFG! I wonder if someone will get fired for writing ad copy that inadvertently touts a competing show!

I should have added that Ken does not sound angry or indignant in the promo, just sort of irritated, as if pooh-poohing an accusation that he finds absurd (or doesn't want to respond to).

I'm thinking it connects to the Ted thing too, but would Ted and Ken have made a "hidden alliance?" That could be interesting -- would Brian be in on it too, or would it open up a crack between Ted and Brian, eventually proving the maxim that alliances revealed early don't succeed? Just musing on the possibilities here.

I would love to see Penny get voted out, but I agree that she is only now stepping into the spotlight. The audience will want to see more of the evil cheerleader after all the insinuations last week. If she were going this week, her manipulative ways likely would have been showcased much sooner.

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-06-02, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Radio promo this morning..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-02 AT 11:46 PM (EST)

Something that has been bugging me.....When Ken was talking to Shi Ann about how she was going to vote and she said she wanted to get rid of Penny. He said (and I don't remember the exact wording) something about he had already talked to BRIAN about that and THEY were definitely going to get rid of Penny. But not right then, later. So, they wouldn't be outnumbered. He told Shi Ann to hang in there and let them (Sook Jai) get the upper hand and then they could vote Penny out. I rewatched the tape to make sure I didn't misunderstand what he said. He definitely said he talked to BRIAN.

WHY did he talk to Brian??? WHEN did he talk to Brian? Why weren't we shown any of it? Could this be the secret alliance?

Anyone else catch this???

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-06-02, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Radio promo this morning..."
Very interesting thought and yes I do remember him saying what you mentioned about Brian...

maybe there is some chitter chatter going on and Penny finds out what Ken has been up too and her and her lemmings hang him out to dry... remember Jake is said to want to go to the finals with the girls..

this seems to be making a Ken boot more likely

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-07-02, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Radio promo this morning..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-02 AT 08:28 AM (EST)

Good find BR!

Ogachu I agree something is rotten in the state of Thailand here.

It's friends vs. friends as a secret alliance is uncovered.

I don't necessarily attribute this to K/P/E/J only because I don't think it is any secret of alliances here. Penny and Erinn are extremely tight, Erinn is her lacky per Shii Ann. Ken and Jake can't be unaware of that and Penny already knows Ken doesn't trust her and I think it is practical for her to assume that Jake and Ken are somewhat close. My only theory if it is them is that Ken finds out Jake is secretly alligned with Penny or Erinn or Penny finds out if Erinn is secretly alligned with Ken or Jake.

Even though you hear Ken say a response, this could be MB's misdirection, AGAIN!

This may, in fact, refer to the Chewys; maybe Brian and Ted's "secret alliance" (which has been referred to numerous times, more so than I have EVER seen on a Survivor) is finally REVEALED; MB is beating us over the head with it, it has GOT to come out sooner or later and maybe this is where Clay finally stirs something up.

Or, like Ogachu said that Ken and Brian made some sort of pact. My only reasoning that this may not be so is that I'm not sure with at least Brian, he would play his cards with a Sucky just yet. Don't forget Shii Ann initiated her willingness to jump over first, Clay/Ted/Brian simply jumped on it. And, in fact, Brian advised Ted to beware of Ken, "he's out for blood"

My gut is telling me this refers to the Chewys and Brian and Ted's agreement; how much longer is this "big secret" gonna be told to us and not to the other Chewys?

redandwhite 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-07-02, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redandwhite Click to send private message to redandwhite Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Radio promo this morning..."
I am thinking along the same lines VerucaSalt. I think that in Sook Jai, there are no hidden alliances, and the fact that Ken was featured in the radio promo cements that MB wants us to think that the problems must be in SJ. Therefore, it's with CG. Ted and Brian's alliance has been established for quite some time, referred to many times, but no one else seems to be aware of it. Also, the Chewies have had an immunity run, and they appear to think of each other as "friends". This might explain the radio line "it's friends vs friends"

I think that another Sook Jai storyline is just too obvious. Of course, having said that - I think that Ken is gone tonight.

11-07-02, 11:26 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Radio promo this morning..."
You know, RAW, I think you and Veruca may be right. Ted/Brian was referred to as a "secret alliance" in CBS' website blurb once before, though the alliance had already been revealed to the viewers.

We've all wondered why this alliance was shown so early, and if it must eventually fail. Maybe it comes out into the open now and divides Chuay Gahn. Ken could be instrumental somehow in the others' finding out about it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •