The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor airs Wednesday November 27th"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-04-02, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor airs Wednesday November 27th"
Survivor will NOT air on Thanksgiving, here is the article. It was on survivorfever and survivornews

CBS Gives 'Survivor' a Thanksgiving Break
Sun Nov 3,11:12 PM ET
By Josef Adalian

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - CBS is making some last-minute sweeps shifts that will give "Survivor" Thanksgiving off, and have the Victoria's Secret models take it off a little earlier than planned.

CBS has decided to move the planned Thanksgiving evening edition of "Survivor: Thailand" from Thursday, Nov. 28, to the previous night at 8. Last year's Turkey Day episode of "Survivor" took a noticeable Nielsen dip, and network executives didn't want to make viewers decide between seconds on stuffing and seeing the Survivors squabble.

More importantly, since the November sweeps end Nov. 27, the move means CBS will get five rather than four episodes of its hit reality franchise on the air during the ratings frame. CBS made a similar scheduling move in May.

CBS has also confirmed that the season finale of "Survivor: Thailand" will air Dec. 19.

In other sweeps scheduling news, CBS has blinked in the face of ABC reality juggernaut "The Bachelor."

Until last week, CBS had been planning to air its Victoria's Secret fashion show special Nov. 20 at 10 p.m. But after ABC confirmed plans to air a two-hour "Bachelor" finale from 9-11 p.m. that night, CBS executives decided to shift the Secret special to 8.

No doubt the same critics who howled when ABC aired a Victoria's Secret special last year in a 9 p.m. slot will howl even more now that it's airing at 8. A CBS spokesman, however, said the program will carry plenty of viewer advisories.

"Everyone will know in advance what this special is and where it's going to air," he said.

As for moving away from "The Bachelor," the CBS rep said it was simply a matter of smart counterprogramming.

"The Bachelor" has been "building momentum over the last few weeks, and it didn't make sense to make viewers choose," he said.

WINNER:
Preseason pick: Clay
Ep. 1 analysis: Brian
Rooting for: Helen
UTR Winner: Jake "I don't want to lose it"- Jake: in reference to his hat

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor airs Wednesday Novembe... Spidey 11-04-02 1
 RE: Survivor airs Wednesday Novembe... jkokoj 11-04-02 2
 RE: Survivor airs Wednesday Novembe... I_AM_HE 11-04-02 3
 RE: Survivor airs Wednesday Novembe... PepeLePew13 11-04-02 4
   Alert to Pepe! and Superman! dabo 11-05-02 7
       RE: Alert to Pepe! and Superman! PepeLePew13 11-05-02 9
           RE: Alert to Pepe! and Superman! dabo 11-05-02 10
               RE: Alert to Pepe! and Superman! PepeLePew13 11-05-02 11
 RE: Survivor airs Wednesday Novembe... Round Robin 11-05-02 5
   RE: Survivor airs Wednesday Novembe... anotherkim 11-05-02 6
 Recap "hidden" anotherkim 11-05-02 8
   RE: Recap "hidden" Outfrontgirl 11-08-02 12
       Just as a note... AyaK 11-08-02 13
 Recap confirmed for Wed Nov 27 true 11-12-02 14
   RE: Recap confirmed for Wed Nov 27 dabo 11-12-02 15
   RE: Recap confirmed for Wed Nov 27 true 11-12-02 16
       RE: Recap confirmed for Wed Nov 27 erikman 11-12-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-02, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor airs Wednesday November 27th"
Thanks for the heads-up. And I am so relieved my stomach will have a chance to settle after another nausea-inducing episode before digging into my sweet potatoes and marshmallow. Mmm, can't wait. It's the only time of year marshmallows are served with dinner!

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-04-02, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor airs Wednesday November 27th"
Off topic...sorry...but do we know if the finale will be in NY?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor airs Wednesday November 27th"
thanks IE. wouldn't want to miss one of the only episodes i'll get a chance to see by tuning in on the wrong day!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor airs Wednesday November 27th"
Cool. It'll give me an extra day to get the ep summary done and be able to veg out the whole weekend out of town instead of having to hurry it up.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-02, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Alert to Pepe! and Superman!"
I'm certain Sherps has been keeping an eye on the situation, but as yet no recrap ep has been scheduled. This means episode #11 may be on pre-TurkeyDay instead of episode #10, so you two guys may want to consider swapping your assigned weeks (since Pepe is so set on taking the Turkey assignment, and Supes' schedule is whatever it is). Hey, I got the SOTS ep 10 assignment, I would like this nailed down as much as anyone, but that's how things stand right now. (Just putting this out there rather than bumping the thread on page 12 to put it out there -- and kudos again to AyaK for the massive amount of work put into scheduling the summs.)

ARRRRRRR!!!!

11-05-02, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Alert to Pepe! and Superman!"
Oh, I'm not totally 'set' on it absolutely being a turkey-day summary for me to write -- I merely volunteered to do it to help lessen the stress for our American friends south of the border. So if it turns out that my episode is a week earlier, so be it, unless Supes really would prefer to not do a Thanksgiving episode.

Having said that, I thought we had someone lined up to do the recrap episode if there was going to be one? I seem to remember someone being on standby to do it and if there isn't one, then simply wouldn't get to write one? I could be wrong here.

11-05-02, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Alert to Pepe! and Superman!"
This is the most recent episode listings I could find:

Survivor 5

E1: Thursday, Sept. 19 -- landruajm
E2: Thursday, Sept. 26 -- Bebo
E3: Thursday, Oct. 3 -- Naked
E4: Thursday, Oct. 10 -- drawde236
E5: Thursday, Oct. 17 -- Silvergirl1
E6: Thursday, Oct. 24 -- dangerkitty
E7: Thursday, Oct. 31 -- Survivorerist
E7.5: Thursday, Nov. 7 -- Femme
E8: Thursday, Nov. 14 -- Outfrontgirl
E9: Thursday, Nov. 21 -- Drive My Car
E10: Thursday, Nov. 28 -- PepeLePew13
E11: Thursday, Dec. 5 -- Superman
E12: Thursday, Dec. 12 -- Dalton & George Tirebiter
E13: Thursday, Dec. 19 -- SherpaDave

Survivor 6

E1 -- SurvivinDawg
E2 -- survivorscott
E3 -- LadyT
E4 -- diamond
E5 -- TechNoir
E6 -- LionChow
E7 -- FesterFan1
E7.5 -- Ra_8secs
E8 -- anotherkim
E9 -- NightScribe
E10 -- dabo
E11 -- GuessItRains
E12 -- PagongRatEater
E13 -- Lisapooh

bloop bloop

11-05-02, 11:23 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Alert to Pepe! and Superman!"
So what would happen if it turns out that there is no recrap until a few weeks from now -- Femme gets bumped until whenever the recrap is announced or she's out of a writing spot if there isn't any? (I do believe that MB will milk the publicity machine for all its worth with a recrap at some point).

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-05-02, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor airs Wednesday November 27th"
You sure about the finale airing December 19th? Unless they take a week off or run a recrap show, at the rate of a show a week, the finale would be due on December 12th, not the 19th.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-02, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor airs Wednesday November 27th"
You can be sure they will run a recrap episode--no way would MB miss a chance to strech out his golden goose as long as possible and the recraps have been enough of a success in the past to be used again.

Miscellaneous Ramblings

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Recap "hidden" "
if the merge time is a secret, then wouldn't it stand to reason that the recap can't be announced?

How far in advance are we able to see TV listings?

Miscellaneous Ramblings

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-02, 03:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Recap "hidden" "
Right now we have titles for two more episodes from TV guide.
The recrap has to have its own week since the Finale is the 19th.
Therefore first date recrap can run is Thanksgiving week.
One question is whether they want to do recrap during sweeps.
Second is just how much crap can they fit into one recrap--more than 30 days? Pushing it if they hold it until December.

Strong possibility we could see recrap combined with the Amazing Race. It's been done before.

Best laid plans of skunks and benevolent dictators...

"as for the truth, it seems we just pick a theory"--Indigo Girls, Deconstruction

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-02, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Just as a note..."
...there had already been some discussion on this topic among the moderators and some of the writers , so we're prepared for whatever MB can sling our way. Thanks, OFG!

Hey, maybe MB's delaying the recap so that he can use it to plug his new WB sitcom!

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Recap confirmed for Wed Nov 27"
According to Scott on Sucks-

The Wednesday, November 27 listing will be:

A Closer Look
60 min.
A look at highlights of some of the most unforgettable moments from the first 10 episodes of
the series, including Ted pretending to take pictures of Ghandia; and Clay expressing his
admiration of Erin's physique.

There is no Survivor listing for Thursday, Nov 28 (Thanksgiving).

11-12-02, 11:05 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Recap confirmed for Wed Nov 27"
Yay, true! So, MB has simply relocated the recrap this time to cover things up to the end-game, and they probably anticipated low viewership on Thanksgiving when this originally would have aired. Hope Femme is up to doing her assignment that week. Hey, Pepe, you can still do a Turkey theme for your ep if you want, I don't think any of us would quibble a bit about that!

ARRRRRRR!!!!

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-02, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Recap confirmed for Wed Nov 27"
Ted pretending to take pictures of Ghandia; and Clay expressing his
admiration of Erin's physique.

Ewww, can you say appetite killer? Burnett is more evil than I thought!

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-12-02, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Recap confirmed for Wed Nov 27"
i think he would have gottn high ratings if he would have shown
a new one on that wed. i wonder if we will get to see the huts of the 1st 6 ep's. maybe we will find out about jake and penny

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •