The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ken, Erin and hidden booby traps? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-02-02, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ken, Erin and hidden booby traps? "
2 Major items that need to be addressed, i.e. do they steer Ken towards or away from probable bootdom this week?:
1) Ken and Erin romance?
2) Ken and Erin as Ghandia Stars?

Ken and Erin Romance:
Here is the ONLY thing I've heard about it (From Steph's CBS web chat):

"Question: Are the rumors true that Ken and Erin started a romance while on the island?

Stephanie: I didn't see any romance while I was there and when you have been eating grubs and dead squid, romance is really the last thing you're thinking about. You're so filthy that there's no possible way to be appealing to anyone."

Yup, that is the ONLY reference, so where the hell are these "rumors"?? If it was true and important to the game, then CBS may not have even allowed the question. So by itself, I agree it is 99% worthless.

Ken and Erin as Ghandia Stars:
All the "Stars": Herself, Tanya, Robb, Jed, Shii Ann, Brian, Ken, Erin.
First five are cavorting in Loser Lodge, Brian just seems to be the only remaining CG that she really liked, so that leaves Erin and Ken as unexplained. I heard people say she added them because they were good looking people, or just to add some non-LL names. The other possibility is that she got to know them out of the game.

Geographically, Denver Diva is closer to Texan Erin than NYC Ken. Personality wise, I see Ghandia more likely to get together with Erin than Ken post-game.

Crazy theory #25: Erin and Ghandia spent some post-game time together and Erin either talked up Ken in some way, or Ken was visiting Erin (because of romantic interest?) when Ghandia was visiting Erin. Ergo, Ghandia's stars = Ghandia's friends.

Boot spoiler material:
IF (huuuuuge if) there is some romance budding between Ken and Erin, then would Erin try to convince Penny to vote Jake off next (rather than Ken)?

I don't really believe all the above is reality, I just want all these loose ends wrapped up so I can feel closer to 100% about Ken going this week.

Share your thoughts.

BI

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby trap... Loree 11-03-02 1
   RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby trap... big idiot 11-03-02 2
 RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby trap... ejm92 11-03-02 3
   RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby trap... RudyRules 11-03-02 4
       RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby trap... OceanSkater 11-04-02 5
 RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby trap... weltek 11-04-02 6
   RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby trap... Brownroach 11-04-02 9
       RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby trap... weltek 11-04-02 10
           RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby trap... Bebo 11-04-02 11
 RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby trap... SurvivinDawg 11-04-02 7
   RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby trap... Q 11-04-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-03-02, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby traps? "
Well I've heard a few different places that Ken was at Penny's wedding. So he made at least one trip to Texas where Erin lives. Ken and Erin are often seen together and I think there might have been some interest or flirtation. But they are probably playing the game first. One thing that might keep Ken over Jake or the girls could be the need for strength if the tribes are not merging. They could realize their mistake in booting their stronger players and worry about their doom if they boot Ken.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-03-02, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby traps? "
Loree, great point on Ken being in Texas at least once. I also agree that the "game" is dominating over potential love/lust interests.

Snooping around, I found these summary statements from the last episode that would indicate that the game is dominating the Ken/Erin interaction:

Right after voting out Robb: "Erin voices over that this is one of the hardest things she's ever done, and Jake concurs in camp that it’s only going to get tougher from here. Erin’s voiceover continues to tell us that she’s not 100% comfortable with anyone in the tribe right now, but that Ken and Shii Ann are the two people she feels she needs to watch extra closely."

Also, another one, much later, that indicates Erin is still suspicious of Ken's game:
"The night of tribal council, Penny is seen in bed conspiring (with Erin) as to what is going on between Ken and Shii Ann (they think there is a possible alliance). Another sign of the obvious Penny/Erin bond-alliance. "

So, I've at least assuaged myself that there is probably not a Ken/Erin romance at this point that will effect the next bootee choice.

I feel more confident that Ken is the next bootee target if SJ goes to TC.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-03-02, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby traps? "
Just to harp in a little on that situation, I don't make anything of a Ken-Erin romance, I think it is just a friendship, Ken seems too smart to mess with any of his tribemates in a romantic sense, Ken proboably has a girlfriend at home or something. I think everyone is overlooking that Jake, Penny, and Erin have an alliance, from observing tapes and seeing them around camp together, and putting together everything we have heard, I think Jake/Penny/Erin are the tight alliance, and Ken will be the next to go if they do visit tribal council.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-02, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby traps? "
I agree with you, I also believe that the SJ alliance is Jake/Erin/Penny. Ken and Robb sided together early in the game, til Robb HAD to finally go and Ken got left to his own devices. I believe Ken is the odd man out.

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-04-02, 04:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby traps? "
In the first three SJ boots, Jake, Erin , Ken, Penny and Shii voted as a block. Shii boot, unanimous. So even though they are playing the "i don't trust so and so", they had some kind of alliance. And I wonder how quickly after Ken spoke to Shii he ran back and told the others?

I wish I could give Erin enough credit to say "she really has a romantic interest in Ken, but they are OUTSMARTING everyone by keeping it underwrap", but that would be too cool! Reread JP's pre show .....(below)....is Brian too obvious to be the R. Hatch character? JP alludes to more than one in the wording (below)

''It's a very challenging and exotic island,'' says exec producer/evil genius Mark Burnett of the reality show's fifth-installment locale. ''In terms of things that can bite you, there's the world's longest snake and the world's longest venomous snake.'' Not to mention all the backbiters among the contestants, plus that rule-changing snake in the grass Jeff Probst. ''They're a very likable group,'' says Burnett, ''with some people you're gonna love to hate on a Richard Hatch level.''

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby traps? "
The part that would make sense with a Ken & Erin romance is a Jake boot this week. That means Ghandias comment about Jake being a real family man would make sense. I could see John, Ghandia, Shii Ann and Jake hanging out at looser lodge and Ghandia gathering Jake's "family man" description from that.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby traps? "
Weltek, everyone booted from this point on makes the jury, so even if Jake is the next boot he won't meet Ghandia at LL.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby traps? "
BrownRoach, while I know that this is how all the other Survivors have ran, since we don't have a traditional merge this time, I'm not sure we can count on those same rules applying.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby traps? "
since we don't have a traditional merge this time, I'm not sure we can count on those same rules applying.

Jeff made a statement during the last episode that confirmed this one.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby traps? "
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-02 AT 12:19 PM (EST)

"hidden booby traps" ?!?!?!

Friend, those boobies are anything BUT hidden!

Seriously, according to Shii Ann's chat (see that thresd), Erin is Penny's little follower and things seem to be shaping up for a Penny v. Ken scenario. I would tend to think this precludes a Ken/Erin romance/flirtation/alliance.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-04-02, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ken, Erin and hidden booby traps? "
My thoughts exactly Dawg... there aint nothing hidden about those traps.

D.R.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •