The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-01-02, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shii Ann on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-02 AT 10:02 AM (EST)

For those who missed the Early Show here is a brief synopsis of what took place during the interview with Shii Ann.

Her appearance:

Shii Ann looked very much like a cross between Lucy Liu and Julie Chen, she is quite striking and has a confident manner about her that comes off as cool and not necessarily cocky. I agree with NightScribe...she is da bomb.

The Interview:

Only a few points struck me as speculation worthy. Shii Ann stated very plainly that she LOVED the CG's which was obvious based upon last night's episode, she admitted to having tribe envy. She could not speak highly enough about the commraderie, maturity and life experinece that CG shares. She stated that if they had merged she would NOT be the one sitting with Ms. Chen this morning.

Shii discussed eating the chicken heart and neck yet again...but she said she was STARVING and just didn't care. I don't know what this has to do with anything it just keeps coming up in conversation.

They discussed her relationship with Ken and Jake, who Shii Ann refered to as "friends on the island". Shii Ann stated that she approached Ken when she was waffling back and forth about jumping ship, she said that she felt it was the right thing to do and was going to try to get Ken and Jake to jump over to CG but was afraid to reveal her hand.

Shii Ann also stated that she is nicknamed She Devil and when she called Penny out last night it was because she wanted Ken and Jake to know the real deal. When asked why her strategy failed she responded "Penny has bigger horns".

What I got out of this:

The cards seemed to be laid out. Ken and Jake are a voting block and PennyWise and Erin are a voting block. Should SJ go to TC one more time will previous votes be a factor in the bootee decision?

Penny represents every evil, biitchy cheerleader that tormented us "losers" in H.S. and Erin is her little follower. Penny was an obvious misdirection last night but I do think her time will be up sometime in the next two episodes. The NE publishing her wedding photos and her coming into the spotlight in this last episode make me believe that Penny is NOT going to make the final 4 but WILL make the jury.

If they do in fact fomally merge possibly Ken goes next week (based on recent publicity and face time) followed by Penny (who has been called out) then Jan. Jake, Erin, Brian, Ted and Helen seem like the most logical final 5 at THIS point in the game. Who knows what tommorrow brings...

Snoocharoo

"So I'm a shadow boxer baby..."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show SurvivorBlows 11-01-02 1
   RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show snoocharoo 11-01-02 2
       RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show true 11-01-02 4
           RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Brownroach 11-01-02 6
               RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show true 11-01-02 13
                   RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show ZJ 11-01-02 18
                   RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Brownroach 11-01-02 22
                       RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show anotherkim 11-01-02 36
                   RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show sweetnvicious 11-04-02 42
           RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show snoocharoo 11-01-02 7
               RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show true 11-01-02 11
                   Is Ken a Liar? idiotcowboy 11-01-02 14
                       RE: Is Ken a Liar? true 11-01-02 16
                           RE: Is Ken a Liar? Q 11-01-02 17
                           RE: Is Ken a Liar? idiotcowboy 11-01-02 25
                               RE: Is Ken a Liar? RudyRules 11-03-02 40
                   RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show snoocharoo 11-01-02 19
               RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Sophie 11-01-02 20
   RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Q 11-01-02 3
       RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Boilermaker 11-01-02 5
           RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Q 11-01-02 8
               RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Cin 11-01-02 9
                   RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show ZJ 11-01-02 10
       RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show esquire 11-01-02 12
           RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Q 11-01-02 15
               RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Boilermaker 11-01-02 24
                   RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Q 11-01-02 26
                       RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show LionChow 11-01-02 27
                           RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Q 11-01-02 28
                       RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Boilermaker 11-01-02 29
               RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show esquire 11-01-02 34
                   RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show bubbastan 11-03-02 39
 RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show jkokoj 11-01-02 21
   RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show snoocharoo 11-01-02 23
       RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show skeetergirl87 11-01-02 30
           RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Q 11-01-02 31
           RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Loree 11-01-02 35
       RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show ShowMeTheWinner 11-01-02 32
           RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show Q 11-01-02 33
 Coincidental Skilinopia 11-01-02 37
 RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show BaquaR13 11-02-02 38
 CBS Chat dabo 11-04-02 41
   RE: CBS Chat snoocharoo 11-04-02 43
       RE: CBS Chat dabo 11-04-02 44
           RE: CBS Chat lizzmac 11-04-02 45
           RE: CBS Chat ShowMeTheWinner 11-07-02 48
       RE: CBS Chat Q 11-04-02 46
           Backfire dabo 11-04-02 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-01-02, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
>make the jury. It completely makes sense now that Clay
>was a guest at her wedding since they were "getting
>to know you" partners.

Actually, wasn't it Shii that Clay was partnered with -- right when she decided to spill her guts?!?!?

The think Penny was with Brian (I matchup I thought was funny as hell, the so-called sweet, innocent cheerleader and the prono "star." If Penny only knew at the time...)

Besides, regardless of the matchup, I don't think a couple of hour meeting would make Clay any closer to Penny than anyone else -- once they live on the same beach they have days and days to spend some time alone and get to know each other.

-SB

11-01-02, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-02 AT 10:01 AM (EST)

My bad Webby...it was Brian.

What reason would Clay have to attend Penny's wedding then? Perhaps they wind up on the jury together.

Snoocharoo

"So I'm a shadow boxer baby..."

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
I'm pretty sure that Jiffy told them last night that after Shii's boot, they will all be on the jury as usual. So, Clay and Penny are definatly jury members, along with the rest that are left.

I'm also not so sure that Jake is a block with Ken. While Jake may have been more sympathetic to Shii Ann than Penny or Erin, the fact that we didn't see Jake's take on last nights drama makes me think that he will side with Penny and Erin over Ken.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
True, JP definitely said the remaining contestants would be on the jury -- I think he said it before they voted actually.

I agree with you that Ken and Jake are not an alliance by any means, and for that reason they were both STUPID for not voting with Shii Ann to oust Penny. I only wish Shii Ann had pulled out all the stops and fingered Penny and Erin as an alliance, which is what they are (Erin is "Ted" to Penny's "Brian", IMO).

Alliances of two, once identified, should be busted up immediately. Now if SJ has to go to TC again, Jake and Ken must independently persuade Erin and Penny to vote to oust the other one. Ken will almost certainly get the shaft, but Jake's hardly sitting pretty.

11-01-02, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
I disagee that Jake and Ken should have kept Shii Ann over Penny. Shii's strategy was foolish and way too premature to be effective, even if they had merged. It may have bought HER a little more time, but it would have done NOTHING for Ken or Jake.

Since they don't know when, or if, the merge will actually happen, SJ needs to be united, not split down the middle, or they have no chance to catch up. Shii Ann screwed her tribe over, gave away their secrets, and put SJ at a big disadvantage. All of them, including her friends Ken and Jake. They made a huge mistake getting rid of a sure post merge target and loyal member Robb. Robb would have been unable to switch sides, since there is NO WAY that CG would have accepted him on their side. Feel sorry for Shii Ann or not, she was a traitor, plain and simple. She was no use to that tribe anymore. Even if Ken and Jake choose her over Penny, it would have gotten them nowhere in the game. At least now, they have a chance to compete as a united tribe.

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-01-02, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Agree with you. The worst mistake SJ made was getting rid of loyal Robb. Robb would never have switched sides. The second worst mistake was they did not vote out Shii Ann in place of Jed. At least Jed was getting along with Penny and Jake and Robb.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
>>They made a huge mistake getting rid of a sure post merge target and loyal member Robb. Robb would have been unable to switch sides, since there is NO WAY that CG would have accepted him on their side.<<

Well I think you're saying they actually screwed themselves over by voting out Robb, with which I agree.

True, my take is strictly logical hindsight (well, my logic anyway ) and I understand Jake's and Ken's perspective and I think this did not even occur to them.

I disagree that it wouldn't have helped Ken and Jake to go with Shii Ann. If CG goes to TC next, SJ are all saved for another week. If there is a merge before next TC, SJ are down 5-4 and the pagonging will begin so they'd have to start looking for new alliances anyway. So there's no real difference in those two cases.

But if SJ has to go to TC again, Jake and Ken must force a tie, or one of them has to vote with Penny/Erin, and then be the next victim himself. By getting rid of Penny, they would have ensured that they BOTH stick around if SJ goes to TC again, since they could take out Erin.

And what could Erin do if they voted out Penny? Just deal with it. They'd still have to compete with some semblance of tribal unity in order to avoid going to TC again.

I give Shii Ann credit for attempting to improve her lot in the game (she just did it very badly, and she got suckered by MB's little trick). She wanted to be loyal to Jake and Ken, she hoped at least one of them would come with her.

There's no alliance of four at SJ, there's an alliance of two right now, IMO, that considers Ken and Jake ultimately disposable. Ken and Jake could have fixed that last night.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
If Jake and Ken are too dense to se the alliance between Penny and Erin they deserve to be booted. And soon.

I think they screwed up huge getting rid of Shii Ann, too. As you point out, the other way around, the math was in their favor. I would much rather be faced with courting CG members with Shii Ann as my ambassador and kissing butt to stay alive in a merged tribe (and practically guaranteeing the other alliance member's quick death) than take my chance with the purple rock if they keep doing tribal challenges.

Miscellaneous Ramblings

sweetnvicious 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetnvicious Click to send private message to sweetnvicious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
well said, i totally agree

shii ann could not be trusted after she was so quick to turn sides

11-01-02, 10:47 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Wow...I am just not explaining myself very well today. Too much candy last night night must be affecting my blood sugar and those synaptic surges.

True, what I meant by the jury thing is that perhaps Clay and Penny have more time together while sequestered and get to know each other. I don't recall who on CG other than Clay went to her wedding.

The reason I pointed out the voting blocks is because Shii Ann mentioned it 2 times on The Early Show. Also, she called out Ken and Jake as a cohesive unit at TC, she said NOTHING about Erin who is as thick as thieves with Penny. It struck me too that Jake and Ken both acknowledged the fact that Penny and Robb had tormented Shii Ann over at SJ. Why would ShiiAnn repeatedly refer to the Jake and Ken as a unit unless there was something there? Whether it be smoke and mirrors or not, Jake and Ken have voted together every, single TC. Will this continue or was that a temporary arrangement?

Another thing that bothers me is why weren't we shown any of this animosity from Penny toward Shii until last night????????? Nothing I have seen indicted that Shii and Penny had issues, but according to the gossip these ladies were primed and ready for a cat fight. Too bad we didn't get to see the real Penny.

Snoocharoo

"down here we all float"

11-01-02, 11:46 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Sorry snoooch, I get what you were saying now about the jury.

I saw Shii on the Early Show too, and I guess I didn't find the Ken/Jake pairing as obvious as you did. I actually think it might have been Julie Chen who linked them, not Shii. I think the Texas 3 are in it together, and Ken is on the outside. I do think that Jake is probably a little more friendly then PennyErin, but thats about it. I do think that any arrangement they had with Ken was as temporary as the one they had with Shii Ann. Ken knows it, and he only voted with them last night because he had no alliance with Shii Ann. Shii Ann just says they were "friends". Shii screwed Ken over by making her move too early. Brian(or Ted, can't remember which) told Shii that they were hoping to get JAKE and one other on their side. Ken is clearly one of their targets. Jake and Ken both knew that CG wasn't going to take the three of them on, and it wouldn't benefit them to switch sides yet. Why blow a chance to win, just to be #'s 6, 7, and 8 on the other team? Penny may be annoying, but she can't be that bad. It would have been moronic for Ken and Jake to pick off Penny and Erin, unless they had the numbers to do so, and clearly they don't.

Another thing that bothers me is why weren't we shown any of this animosity from Penny toward Shii until last night????????? Nothing I have seen indicted that Shii and Penny had issues, but according to the gossip these ladies were primed and ready for a cat fight. Too bad we didn't get to see the real Penny.

This really bugs me too. Why not show some of this "abuse" (Ken's term) that Penny heaped on Shii Ann? Was it all in Shii's mind? Or, is MB trying to edit her in a more positive light?

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-01-02, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Is Ken a Liar?"
We are making a lot of assumptions based on things Ken has said. Those things though have not always matched what we have been shown. He is the one who repeatedly said Jed was lazy, yet from what we were shown that wasnt exactly the case. Maybe Jed wasnt building the fort but it sure looked like he was working in other areas. The things we have been fed since then was Jed was voted out primarily because he was a threat and wanted to be in charge. Not because he was lazy freakin lazy.

Then we have the whole Ken-Robb blow up from last week. Basically it was over a comment Penny made to Robb that he was on the chopping block. Ken certainly disagreed, but in any discussion of the hut sleepers the discussion would have to have come up is Steph or Robb next. So basically we have Ken's word against Penny's in this case... I'm not saying he's lying but since we havent been shown anything (and both Jed and Robb seem to be on good terms with Penny now) Im starting to wonder about Ken and his ability to tell the truth.

-ICB

11-01-02, 12:15 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Is Ken a Liar?"
Ok, maybe Ken is exaggerating, but why would he flat out lie about the "abuse" that Shii Ann was getting? How would it benefit him at all to stick up for her, when clearly, Shii was not liked by a big chunk of that tribe?

I can see him skirting the issue with Robb, after all, he was caught off guard, and Penny probably should have kept her mouth shut. (unless the little manipulator was just trying to call attention to Ken)

Yes, we are making assumptions based on what Ken said, because he is the ONLY one left on SJ that MB has let talk! Jake's thoughts are hidden, Penny's evil ways are hidden, and Erin is just Amber with a boob job. The only insight we have on Jake is when he comforted Shii Ann the week that Steph went. He was clearly sympathetic toward her situation within the tribe. Does that mean he was alligned with her, or Ken? I don't think so, it just makes him a sypathetic, caring person.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-01-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Is Ken a Liar?"
LOL, Amber with a boob job. You are too funny today True.

Is that worse, or better though

D.R.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Is Ken a Liar?"
> Ok, maybe Ken is exaggerating, but why would he
> flat out lie about the "abuse" that Shii Ann was
> getting?

We saw some of this between with Steph and Robb having rather nasty things to say to Shii Ann's face. I'm not saying it was right but I really don't see much difference between Shii Ann's actions with Jed/Steph/Robb and the treatment that she claims Penny/Erin gave her. People come off as complete asses at times and to claim abuse because you cant take what you dish out is rather obnoxious. Of course I have no sympathy for Shii Ann so perhaps I'm a bit biased here. If Ghandia-Ted hadn't been dealing with some real abuse on the other side perhaps we would have been shown what ever this was... but as it is I think it is a great big case of pettiness (probably on both sides) and someones rather foolish power play more than anything most people would consider "abuse".

>Penny probably should have kept her mouth shut

I truly believe after watching what we were shown (ie Penny's confessional, Robb's comments, Ken's comments, and Shii Ann's comments from last week) that Penny was being as honest with Robb and Ken was, the only difference is their statements seem contradictory. To think though that the power brokers in the hut sleeper alliance were not at some point deciding whether to boot Robb or Steph simply does not ring as a true statement. They were, and I expect that Ken was invovlved in those discussions, the fact he choose not to fess up to that (because he might have sincerely not wanted to vote for Robb over Steph) does not make either statement a lie, just a difference in perspective on the same truth.

> we are making assumptions based on what Ken said,
> because he is the ONLY one left on SJ that MB has let
> talk!

Ken has definately been given a lot of time to speak his mind, but I think we have also been given a lot more of Penny and Erin lately too, Jake though is complete enigma. If anyone is being hidden at this point it's him, for what reason I don't know. He might just not be very interesting, but it is also possible he makes it to the end (or darn close).

> He was clearly sympathetic toward her situation
> within the tribe. Does that mean he was alligned with
> her, or Ken? I don't think so

Absolutely agree! I think it is just as likely he is alligned with Erin and Penny, and who knows he might be the one calling the shot completely (although I doubt it).

-ICB

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-02, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Is Ken a Liar?"
> >He was clearly sympathetic toward her situation
> >within the tribe. Does that mean he was alligned with
> >her, or Ken? I don't think so

>Absolutely agree! I think it is just as likely he is alligned >with Erin and Penny, and who knows he might be the one calling >the shot completely (although I doubt it).

I agree ICB, in fact I've been of the thought that Jake is aligned with Penny and Erin and only loosely with Ken. It seems to me that Ken is the odd man out on this tribe right now.

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

11-01-02, 12:30 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Maybe Julie Chen was leading with the Jake and Ken thing but there is no denying that Shii Ann called out to those two at TC, giving them a warning at least that is how I percieved things.

Ya know how they say your first guess is most likely the one to be correct...well true, my inital gut feeling after watching last night's TC was "buh-bye Ken" this morning my feelings haven't changed and I DO think Ken is going to the jury next week. Maybe CG puts a bug in Jake's ear to vote off Ken. That way when they do merge the tribes CG can assimilate Jake and begin to clean house.

"they rally round the family, with a pocket full of shells...bulls on parade."

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-01-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Keep in mind, we've heard that tribal council takes hours and we're watching a 1 hour show for each 3 days. Just because we don't see something, doesn't mean it didn't happen. MB shows us what he wants us to see.

11-01-02, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Not sure where to post this, and it is not a spoiler anyway, just an interesting fact. As a scientist who does way way way too much statistics on a daily basis

Can you imagine the chances of all 10 survivors randomly picking colors that match up with a member of the opposite sex, and Jan/Jake being together. I will work on the numbers.

Also, That plane ride home for Shii would be horrible, she would have to be with the Chewies, but what about Ghandia, would shii and ghandia be off by themselves?

Oh well, enough off topic stuff.

I do think Penny is on her way out soon. Her facial expressions at TC were priceless. Pure Texas Cheerleader Rage, mixed with complete panic as to Shii filling them in that she sold each and every one of them out to the CGs. She basically said, Ken you are a target (DUH) and Penny, They know you are a scheming biotch. LOL

Later,

D.R.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-01-02, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
The percentage of Jake and Jan being matched together is 20% or 1 in 5. Don't think too hard on this one.

I thought the matchups were hilarious as well. Brian and Penny were funny, and Ken and Helen were perfect. Ken trying to interrogate Helen, Helen understanding this and clamming up.

Shii took a chance that in the end didn't matter. With the way the show went, Shii would have been voted out whether or not she befriended CG. She was a fun player to watch and now SJ is completely boring.

11-01-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Not sure about that one. The beginning of the episode showed Ken watching Shii's back a lot. There was the NY vs. TX thing going on. I think Ken would have worked with Jake to keep Shii if there were no "trust" issues.

Its another what if though. Shii could have been horned by penny anyway. Jake is the question mark on that issue, and surprise, surprise, we hear almost nothing from him again.

D.R.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-01-02, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
That is what I was thinking. Jake was shown to be sympathtic to Shii Ann but I think he's actually in with Penny. I think Ken is the odd man out right now. Maybe the Chewy's make Jake OR Ken an offer to defect, It would save Ken for a while (thus making it possible for him to go on and immunity run) and would really me the downfall of the sookies.

Cin

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Early on the show, the talk was always about how SJ was so boring, and nothing seemed to have come out from these people.
However, the interviews of Jed, Steph and Robb proved otherwise. Shii Ann's behavior in this episode only validated the fact that SJ pple were playing the game! From Day 1 in fact. The only thing that we viewers had no idea was because of the editing! Mark B "conveniently" edited out the abuse by Penny, all the manipulation and stuff, all the arguing...
In fact, we don't even know much about SJ members until these 2 episdoes or so...

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"

>Can you imagine the chances of
>all 10 survivors randomly picking
>colors that match up with
>a member of the opposite
>sex

Its been a while since I took a statistics class, but I believe the odds come out to 10-1.

11-01-02, 12:13 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-02 AT 12:14 PM (EST)

It would not be 1 in 10. Example.

Chance of Ted picking gold - 1 in 5.
Chance of Erin picking gold - 1 in 5.

So for Ted and Erin to pair up, 1 in 25.

Then do this for all the pairs (this is why it is a long shot)

Now it gets tricky here because each event is not actually mutually exclusive, ie. once the gold is choosen, the chance of the others picking colors DOES change, again for both tribes.
So all in all, this is just a long shot.

Not that I wanted to figure it out, I just think that was really strange.

D.R.

11-01-02, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Odds are 1 in 5.

Every tribe member had to have one of five colors. The chance thereby of them having the same color (the same five options on the other tribe) would be 1 in 5.

Example:

Since Ted was gold there is a 1 in 5 chance for every other player on the other tribe of having gold.

11-01-02, 02:48 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
You are missing my point. I know it is one in five, but you have to factor thier SEX into the mix. I originally posted that the chances of opposite Sexs matching up. That is were the chances get long!

And statistically speaking once one color is choosen, the others have less choices to choose from and so on untill the last person choosing a paint color has a 1/1 chance of getting that color= decisions are not mutually exclusive.

This goes back to the toss the coin example. Each time you flip the coin you have a 50% shot at Heads or Tails,

But to get 5 Heads in a row, the chance is 3%, but getting a head on the 5th try is still 50%.

Also, take ted again. He choose Gold, now his chances of matching up with female on the other tribe is 3/5 due to the make up of SJ. And his chances of matching up with woman (3/5) wearing gold is a multiple of these two.

And by the way, the chances of them having the same color is 5 out of 5 or 100% as each tribe was given one of each color, they would all 100% match up.

Long and the short of it (too late, way too late) is the odds of this happening are very long. And I have cosulted with the staticians here at work on this.

Later,

D.R.

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-01-02, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Too much candy, Q, too much candy!

11-01-02, 03:38 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
LOL Chow,

I cut myself off. Damn these work folks and their kitt katt bars! Im suffering from a nuget overdose.

The colors, the colors, look at the colors!

D.R.

11-01-02, 03:55 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Every post I made regarding the odds was based on one person from one tribe matching up with another from another tribe. That chance is 1 in 5.

You stated above that the odds for Ted and Erin to be matched up was 1 in 25. Your logic was:

The chance of Ted being gold was 1 in 5
The chance of Erin being gold was 1 in 5

Both above statements are correct.

Your analysis however stating that thereby the chance of Erin and Ted being matched up was 1 in 25. That is incorrect. The chance for Ted and Erin while both being gold to match up is 1 in 25. The chance for them to match up period (with any given color) is 1 in 5.

Yes I understand that your original post involved the odds of both the situations where every tribemate is matched up with a member of the opposite sex of the opposite tribe and the odds for two different tribemates to be matched up. I was only answering one of the two responses.

The odds for that situation are much different and hopefully we can agree to leave that to others.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
I stand by my conclusion that the odds would be 1 in 10 that all the males would match up with females.

The CG, has 3 males and 2 females. For the first male of CG to get a SJ female the odds are 3/5 (there are 5 possable matches and 3 females). For the second male of CG to get a SJ female after the first CG male already has a SJ female, the odds are 2/4 (There are 4 possable matches left and only 2 females). For the third male in CG to get a female, the odds are 1/3 (one female left and 3 possable choices). If the above three events occurred, then the 2 remaining female CG tribe members would have to get a male SJ tribe members. The odds that the first 3 events would occur are 1/10 (3/5 * 2/4 * 1/3 = 6/60 or 1/10)

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-03-02, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbastan Click to send private message to bubbastan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-02 AT 11:48 AM (EST)

Edited to say sorry to Skilinopia...I didn't finish reading to the end of the thread where you made this same comparision. My Bad!

What makes the pairings noteworthy to me was the way that the personality types or game playing styles ended up being matched.
Jake-Jan: The tribal elders and founders. Not much has been shown of their personal strategies but both seem paternally-maternally devoted to their tribes
Brian-Penny: The two schemers who might arguably be seen as the most ruthless game-players.
Ted-Erin: The seconds in their respective two-person alliances. Both seem to be followers of more agressive two listed above.
Clay-Shii: the "wild cards" or outsiders if you will. Both have annoyed various members of their respective tribes.
Ken-Helen: The strong silent types. Both seen as physical assets to their respective tribes. Both suspicious and more listeners than talkers.

Not sure if anything could be inferred from this, but I found it interesting.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-01-02, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Thanks snooch.

My take on Shii was that she simply played her hand too soon. It APPEARS that Jake and Ken were trying to protect her but she screwed herself by going over to CG and waffling with Ken.

It was very amusing to see everyone's reaction to not being one tribe and there being no individual immunity. PRICELESS. I was really pretty happy that Shii got axed.

Penny is absolutly the manipultor in this bunch. I think she has Jake and Erin squared up nicely. Ken is most certainly the odd man out and CG will not take him b/c of the whole Shii incident and the fact that he could be an IC threat.

What I noticed about last nights episode was that we were not shown conversations, at all, between Jan/Jake and Erin/Ted. We were barely shown any conversations with Penny/Brian.

My opinion on the couples is that Penny gave Brian an ear full and possibly Erin gave Ted and ear full. We know Penny/Erin are a pair, we know that Brian/Ted are a pair. We were shown Brian and Ted courting Shii. Why? They have their solid 5 team with either Clay or Helen as their third. Were Brian/Ted setting up Shii and using Penny/Erin as cross tribal alliances?

What does everyone else think? I hope I got my thoughts across.

Sorry to hijack the thread snooch, just not sure where to put these thoughts.

11-01-02, 01:15 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
NP koko...

I think Penny and Brian are both playing things too close to the vest to ever disclose much information to each other. That is why I think we were shown very little of their conversations. Penny did not attempt to get to know anyone on CG that she didn't HAVE to get to know. She hung back on the outskirts taking it all in and formulating a plan and will soon fill in Erin on how to proceed. The more I see and hear of Erin the more I am becoming convinced that she is a complete moron, but she is 20% of the vote on SJ and Penny's stooge. I highly doubt she would say anything of signifigance to Ted unless instructed to do so by Penny.

Jake is an enigma...too bad we can't get in his head.

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"

>Jake is an enigma...too bad we
>can't get in his head.
>

If you view Jake's audition tape on cbs.com, I think you can get a clearer picture of what's going on in his head. He clearly states that he respects women more than men and any alliance that he forms with the men will be as superficial as he finds the men themselves. He also says that he's dealt with a lot of cheats and liars in his career and he knows how to deal with them. Anyway, I think that he's definately the leader of SJ and we just aren't being shown that. He's smart enough to keep his mouth shut and let the others do his dirty work for him.

If you add those comments to the fact that those women also happen to be from TX, and that Ken is the biggest threat left on their tribe, I would say that Ken is a definate outsider and their next boot choice.

11-01-02, 04:31 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
From post boot interviews with Robb and Jed, we gather that Jake is pulling the strings as well. Just letting Ken think he is in charge IMO. Ken and Shii had the NY bond, till she turned.

SO yes, I agree with Jake pulling the strings.

D.R.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
What might save Ken next is if the tribes still think they will stay as tribes for immunity challenges. They may realize they need his strength to finally win one. Jake and the 2 girls would really be in trouble if it is physical challenge.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-02 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

We can get a better idea of Jake in the Episode 7 video archive on the CBS website. I think Jake's the middle person between the previous two mini-alliances of Penny/Erin & Ken/Shii Ann. The website video of Jake revealed that Ken felt that Penny was out to get him and wanted a confirmation from Jake as to whether that was the truth. I think Jake might stick with Penny and Erin if SJ were to go to TC again. Ken's most probably the next person on the SJ chopping board.

From the web video, I thought Erin had made a mistake of revealing to Ted about her closeness with Penny. Smart players always know that tight alliances need to be broken and this might cost her if the tribes were to go to the traditional merge in the future.

And snooch is right in saying that Penny and Brian are both playing their cards close to their vests. They revealed none of their game strategies to the other party when they met. Very smart moves from the both of them. If the tribes are gonna compete in group challenges all the way to the end, I think we'll see a showdown between Penny/Erin and Brian/Ted.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

11-01-02, 05:01 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
Yes Penny is holding her cards to her chest, but as Shii spelled out so nicely to her tribe at council last night, she essentially spilled the beans on all of them to Brian and Ted, etc.

Thus Penny's expression, she knows now how hard it will be to outsmart the CGs now that they have the scoop on SJ dynamics.

D.R.

Skilinopia 108 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Skilinopia Click to send private message to Skilinopia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Coincidental"
Well, it is really weird if you consider this:

Jan/Jack - The two oldest people in the tribes ended up together, they were the one who started it all and they were the one who went off to the little picnic together. Pity CBS did not show their little conversation, because while Jake would be the quiet, smart, deep one. Jan would be scaring him off with her battiness. However, could Jan battiness be a cover up for a plot of her own, why was the conversation not shown. It could be because it is going to be saved for the recap episode, maybe that conversation was the beginning to a new storyline, a teist in the plot.

King Brain/Queen Penny - Or maybe the two direct manipulators in the tribe. Their behaviour towards each other was not unexpected but Brain was even playing the game at the conversation with his explaination about the stripes on his arms. Trying to appear as a nice guy. But Penny is no innocent cheerleader, she probably was the one who manipulated her way up to head cheerleader...

Erin/Ted - The two other partners of the king and queen. However, Ted could be "feeling" Erin out for Brain...but I have a weird feeling that if Brain and Ted made it to the final 3, Brain would betray Ted, or throw the challange and get the other person to keep him and get rid of Ted. Apart from Tina/Colby, no "good friends" ended up together because it is too dangerous especially if one is nice...

Ken/Helen - The Police Force Vs the Navy...who calls the shots? Ken would be weary of Helen as well, I am sure she is more than just a swin instructor...

Shi An/Clay - The two odd one out, with no real alliance. Clay is close to Ted and Brain but they would get rid of him, same goes with Shi An...

coincidence? Maybe yes maybe no...but would not make much of a difference as an hour would really do nothing for future alliances.

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-02-02, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Shii Ann on the Early Show"
I saw more of a Dorothy in her than a Lucy Lui... hmmm. I think Penny is going to be staying a little longer. There WON'T be a merge next week, they wouldn't do that considering the tribes are uneven, but probably the week after that. I say Penny makes it farther than we are now speculating, considering now MB is making her out to be the evil one because he has no one else (except maybe Clay, but he is more weird than evil) when clearly she isn't.

The Reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "CBS Chat"
copied from SurvivorNews

Shii Ann Huang's CBS.COM chat on 11/01/02 follows. Transcription by Seftor on VOTEDOFF.TV.
BY SurvivorNews.net
Friday, November 1, 2002

Q: First of all, SA, I want to say you are GREAT! Definitely my favorite and you will be missed. I would definitely split a chicken neck with you some day. I thought you had an excellent final argument at TC. Did you think you had any real chance of swaying Ken and Jake?
A: You know, I didn't know whether or not I could really sway Ken or Jake, but I am the Shii Devil, so I wasn't going to leave without stirring it up a bit and *laughs* fighting tooth and nail before going. I tried one last ditch effort to convince them that keeping me over Penny would probably help them last longer with CG majority in the merger.

Q: So, SA, how soon after Jeff said that there hadn't been a merge did you have an "Oh, S***" moment?
A: *laughs* It was immediate! I had an immediate Homer Simpson style kind of moment: D'oh! Oops, I did it again, so to speak! *laughs*

Q: SA, what was your reaction to seeing Penny's big smile when Jeff Probst told you that you were voted off?
A: You know what I think that Penny did exactly what I would have done and I was proud of her for smirking in the Shii Devil fashion. I would have done the same thing!

Q: Are you really a Shii-devil in person or was that facade just for the purpose of winning the game?
A: You know, the Shii Devil is on aspect of my personality that came out strongly in the game, but it's just a game, and there are a lot of different aspects of everyone's personalities that you don't get to see. What you see is what you get in terms of the game.

Q: SA - I'm your biggest fan! I'm really disappointed that you were voted out, as you were by far the most entertaining person on the show! I was wondering, just how mean was Penny? She seems like a manipulative sneak!
A: *laughs* You know, during the game, Penny did her best to socially ostracize me. I think Ken's comment about how she and Robb treated me really summed it up. I think she was good at playing the game and what she did in the game of Survivor.

Q: Why don't Penny and Ken get along?
A: I think Ken saw Penny for what she was: fiercely competitive and often a manipulative player and he felt threatened by her. They were both very competitive and I think that's why they didn't get along.

Q: I'm from the same town as Robb, and believe he doesn't represent us Arizonans very well. What did you really think of him?
A: *laughs* I think you saw how I felt about him during the show. I think I said more than enough about how I felt about him during the game. As a girl from AZ, I know that the population of AZ is much more diverse than what Robb represented.

Q: SA, was Robb as bad as we saw on TV?
A: *laughs* Robb had a very different strategy than me on the show and I think the show accurately portrayed what happened during the game.

Q: What can you say about Clay's mini golf?
A: Oh, Clay is so much fun and the mini-golf was fun too! I really like to play and I loved what CG had to offer. They had a lot of entertainment on their side of the island and I really like playing games with the CG members and relaxing for a change.

Q: SA, how did you get the Shii-Devil nickname? And do you find it ironic that the Shii-Devil was voted out on Halloween?
A: A friend of mine gave me that nickname because he thought that wherever I went, trouble followed, and I think you had a chance to see the horns come out a couple of times on the show. *laughs* I find it strange that the Shii Devil was voted out on Halloween. Like I said before I tried to give Penny the hornd, but I just discovered that she had bigger horns than me!!

Q: After seeing the first 21 days, has anything surprised you that was shown?
A: No, I wasn't shocked. I think the show is very accurate in the way it portrayed things except for what happened on CG because I wasn't on their camp.

Q: Congrats on making it far as you did SA. Tell me, was your strategy to try to win the CG tribe over after you eliminated the SJ tribe? That was sort of risky, don't you think?
A: Yes, that was my strategy. I didn't think I had a chance with SJ, so I took a gamble and I hedged my bet by trying to join CG in voting out my biggest threat (Penny).

Q: SA, do you wish you had changed teams when you had the chance?
A: No, while I loved CG when I finally got to meet them, at that point in the game when the switch was offered, it wouldn't have made sense because we had seven members and they had five. If I'd left, I think SJ would have won any physical immunity challenge and then I being the last to join might have been the first to go. So, unfortunately, it didn't make sense at that point.

Q: Tell me your thoughts about the 3 days when the 2 tribes lived together. What was the mood? Were you still wary?
A: I was so happy. The mood at the new camp was very jovial. We all felt very relaxed. We thought the two tribes had merged, I let down my guard and really became friends with CG. We remain friends today. It was a nice time had by all.

Q: SA, who do you think that you had the strongest bond with?
A: On my tribe, my strongest bond was with Jake. I really liked him very much. He's a very nice guy and we're going to stay friends for a long time. On CG, I especially liked Helen and Ted. Helen is a very strong woman, and being a New Yorker, I like assertive, opinionated people and she's definitely that.

Q: Did you and Erin ever talk very much, we didn't see you all together very often?
A: No, I hardly ever spoke with Erin. She was really Penny's shadow. The whole time we were there, Erin rode on Penny's coattails. Penny worked very hard and Erin just followed. That was her strategy.

Q: A couple episodes ago, Brian made some sexist comments, what were your feelings on that?
A: Well, having graduated from Berkeley with an English degree focusing on Women's Studies ... I didn't agree with his comments. I think women are just as capable as men at hunting for food or winning immunity challenges. But to his credit, I think he might have been joking ... I did see a smile on his face when he said it.

Q: Did either Ken or Jake give you any indication that you were going to be voted out?
A: Ken did, Jake didn't, but I understood why they were going to vote me out. I was the biggest threat to them at that point. I'd become friends with CG and it would have been a mistake for them to keep me.

Q: Great audition tape, SA - are you interested in making movies - acting or directing?
A: I love what I do now. If any opportunities come my way, that'd be wonderful, but I don't have plans of acting or directing anything other than Survivor videos in the near future! *Evil Cackle*

Q: SA - was there any good times in your tribe or was it as boring and annoying as it was shown on TV?
A: I think what you see is what you get. I had a lot of fun with CG and I had some nice private moments with Jake and even Ken, but as a whole, SJ was not a happy, party tribe.

Q: SA, after you were voted off, did you spend the rest of your time in Thailand with the six people who were voted off before you?
A: Yes, I spent time on the flip side with Robb. We traveled and had a great time and got to see a lot of Thailand. It was a wonderful vacation and a very memorable experience.

Q: Was it difficult finding enough food? You didn't seem to be as weak as people on the other Survivor shows.
A: It was extremely difficult to find food. If you notice, all the girls were very skinny on day 21. When I looked at myself on TV it looked as if I had a pumpkin head on top of a stick figure. We were very hungry, even if it looked like we had a lot of food because bananas don't have a high caloric count.

Q: Wasn't it great to see Magilla steal all the bananas?
A: That was hilarious!!! That was too funny to see the monkey steal everything! I only hope that CG at e all the food before SJ got back from TC! *laughs* The monkey reminded me of some other tribe members who were stealing bananas ...

Q: Hi, SA, I once was Captain of a large federation starship ... did you feel like you were in command of the other tribe mates?
A: *laughs* I was command until I suffered a mind meld with CG and spilled my guts. *laughs*

Q: SA - do you think Ted and Brian were genuine when they asked you to join their alliance, or did you feel they were just playing you?
A: I think that they were genuine when they asked me to join their alliance. As genuine as anyone in Survivor can be. Outside of the game, we really enjoy each other. I think on the island, it was part affection and part strategy.

Q: Did you have the chance to see Magilla?
A: I did and he's every bit as cute off camera as he is on! The camera didn't even add ten pounds! The monkey was the most accurately portrayed character on the show!! *laughs*

Q: Did you notice Jeff Probst getting a little irritated with the survivors on the last couple episodes?
A: *laughs* I think Jeff is human like the audience and has his own opinions about each survivor, so his reactions are genuine and can tell you a little bit about how he felt about everyone.

Q: SA, what did you say to your mom in your final words?
A: I said, "Mom, I love you and miss you and I can't wait to see you."

Q: SA, how did you manage to maintain your composure despite the fact that most of your tribe mates were ostracizing you?
A: That's a good question. I think to be on Survivor, you not only have to have physical strength, but emotional strength, and confidence in knowing who you are outside of the game. Whenever I got down, I would think about all the wonderful people waiting for me back home and occasionally I would chat with Jake and that would make my day, but ultimately, it was the internal strength and determination to outlast the other players that kept me going.

Q: What did your Mom tell you when you got home?
A: She told me that she loved me and was very proud of me and that no matter what happened I'd made her very proud just by getting on the show.

Q: Too bad you got voted off ... what were your other luxury items that CBS had to choose from?
A: I think a vinyl picnic cloth, a photo of my mother, a journal and pen, and lip balm ... I don't remember exactly.

Q: SA, do you wish you were originally picked for CG by Jan?
A: Yes. *laughs* I think that I would have probably enjoyed my first 18 days better at the CG camp. After all, they didn't even have to build their own shelter and they had that cute monkey on their side.

Q: How was sleeping in the cave versus your shelter? Did it get cold at night?
A: It got colder on the SJ side at night than it did at CG. CG's sandy beach made for a much better bed than the crooked, sharp bamboo shelter that we slept on at SJ. Plus, it never rained on us at CG because of the cave. At SJ, the holes in our shelter would allow rain to pour on our heads when we slept.

Q: Robb really seemed to be in pain after being stung by the stingray, how come you had no sympathy for him?
A: Robb cried out often about many things, so I never knew when he was really hurt or when he was exaggerating like the boy who cried wolf. It's not that I didn't sympathize with his pain, rather he was pounding the sand with his fists and stomping his feet for about forty minutes and I thought that was a bit of a long time to cry about his foot. But, looking at it now, my comments do seem a bit ... harsh. *laughs*

Q: Who were you rooting for, Robb or the stingray?
A: *laughs* I think we all know the answer to that!

Q: Please describe SJ in one word.
A: Penny - manipulative, Ken - competetive, Jake - kind, and Erin - follower.

Q: I was so sad to see you go! Why did you jump ship so soon when the merger wasn't a definite thing yet?
A: No one knew the merger was a fake. Everyone assumed we were one tribe. I jumped ship because I liked CG so much. I couldn't bear to vote any of them out and my position at SJ was very precarious. So, I chose to gamble on switching tribes. I played very aggressively, and unfortunately, the merge was a fake! Oh, that tricky, tricky Jeff Probst! I should have read the find print! *laughs*

Q: The Hut sleepers voted off people who they thought were threats, but why didn't you all think Ken was a threat?
A: Ken kept a low profile. He tried to keep his physical strength hidden by sitting out several immunity challenges. Also, on a personal note, I figured Ken would be a target once the merge happened. Prior to the merge, Ken was less of an obvious threat than Robb or Jed or Stephanie.

Q: SA, you have a great voice, where did you learn to sing like that?
A: *laughs* In the shower! I love to sing in the shower and at karaoke and here's a glimpse at my nerdy past: I was a musical junkie and loved to sing in the choir when I was in junior high school. *laughs* Go jazz hands!

Q: Hi SA - did you spend any time with Jed after you were voted off?
A: Yes, we got to go on a wonderful vacation where we saw a lot of the wonders of Thailand. We really experienced the Thai culture and everyone was very thankful and happy we got the opportunity to see the sights and sounds of lovely southeast Asia and Thailand.

Q: Who was trickier, Jeff or the monkey?
A: *laughs* I think that Jeff was trickier, the monkey was hairier, and Jeff was definitely cuter ... and taller than the monkey *laughs*

Q: You were so lucky, you didn't have to eat any bugs or yucky stuff. Were you prepared to do that?
A: We did eat bugs, we ate those grubs from the food reward auction. And yes, we were prepared to eat bugs as they are very nutritious *laughs* and we were starving!! And by the way, grubs do not taste good no matter how seasoned they are.

Q: Out of Clay, Helen, Ted, Jan, and Brian, who was your favorite to be around?
A: My favorite to be around ... they were all so nice to be around, but if I had to pick favorites I would say that Ted and Helen were my favorites. Ted because he's just like a big teddy bear and Helen because she and I share a love of gourmet food. Plus, she's a hoot as a person!

Q: SA ... what was your best and worst time on the island?
A: The best time on the island was hanging out with CG after our assumed merge dinner party, singing and laughing under the stars of the CG camp and making friends with Ted, Brian, Helen, Clay, and Jan. The worst time was feeling isolated out on the beaches of SJ.

Q: What does your name mean?
A: It means "One Who Rules with Harmony and Peace".

Q: Was Jan as drunk as she acted?
A: Jan likes to drink wine!! *laughs* She was pretty tipsy, but I think Brian was even more tipsy and proved it when he vomited into the ocean! We had a good time and it was a real party.

Q: What item did you long for the most during your time on the island?
A: Chocolate éclairs. I dreamt about Cream Puffs and Chocolate Éclairs before going to bed every night for twenty nights. That was the only thing that made me fall asleep peacefully and I don't even like sweets or dessert in real life! That's how hungry I was!

Q: What did you think of Brian calling the beach his "kingdom"?
A: I think that Brian feels that way about CG ... I think also he was a bit drunk when he made that statement. But, I like his cocky attitude ... no pun intended.

Q: What would be your advise for others playing the game in the future?
A: Be yourself but try really hard to fly under the radar and don't assume a thing! *laughs*

Thank you guys! I've been so lucky and happy to be the first Asian-American on Survivor and I hope you enjoyed watching the Shii Devil in action!

11-04-02, 01:59 PM (EST)
43. "RE: CBS Chat"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-02 AT 02:03 PM (EST)

Dabo, that interview is so incredible. I cannot believe some of the comments and think that certain comments garner further speculation.

SA: You know, I didn't know whether or not I could really sway Ken or Jake, but I am the Shii Devil, so I wasn't going to leave without stirring it up a bit and *laughs* fighting tooth and nail before going. I tried one last ditch effort to convince them that keeping me over Penny would probably help them last longer with CG majority in the merger.

Q: Did either Ken or Jake give you any indication that you were going to be voted out?
A: Ken did, Jake didn't, but I understood why they were going to vote me out. I was the biggest threat to them at that point. I'd become friends with CG and it would have been a mistake for them to keep me.

Convince THEM = Jake and Ken.

Q: SA - I'm your biggest fan! I'm really disappointed that you were voted out, as you were by far the most entertaining person on the show! I was wondering, just how mean was Penny? She seems like a manipulative sneak!
A: *laughs* You know, during the game, Penny did her best to socially ostracize me. I think Ken's comment about how she and Robb treated me really summed it up. I think she was good at playing the game and what she did in the game of Survivor.

Q: Why don't Penny and Ken get along?
A: I think Ken saw Penny for what she was: fiercely competitive and often a manipulative player and he felt threatened by her. They were both very competitive and I think that's why they didn't get along.

Two quotes that prove Penny's manipulativeness. This WILL be a factor in the vote this week.

Q: After seeing the first 21 days, has anything surprised you that was shown?
A: No, I wasn't shocked. I think the show is very accurate in the way it portrayed things except for what happened on CG because I wasn't on their camp.

Q: SA - was there any good times in your tribe or was it as boring and annoying as it was shown on TV?
A: I think what you see is what you get. I had a lot of fun with CG and I had some nice private moments with Jake and even Ken, but as a whole, SJ was not a happy, party tribe.

Confirmation that what we are seeing is what we are getting. Are we spending too much time over-analyzing the obvious????

Q: Did you and Erin ever talk very much, we didn't see you all together very often?
A: No, I hardly ever spoke with Erin. She was really Penny's shadow. The whole time we were there, Erin rode on Penny's coattails. Penny worked very hard and Erin just followed. That was her strategy.

Confirmed alliance (which we knew)Penny in the manipulative control seat.

Q: Please describe SJ in one word.
A: Penny - manipulative, Ken - competetive, Jake - kind, and Erin - follower.

Okay, she mentions Jake and Ken repeatedly as a unit in this interview when asked about SJ. She repeatedly comments on Penny being manipulative and Erin her follower. She also says that what we are being shown is accurate. The real question then is just HOW manipulative is Penny? Can she manipulate the "kind" Jake into voting out Ken at TC or do the boys stick together and it "comes down to a rock in a bag" as Ghandia stated? This is considering that the tribes DO NOT merge yet and IC is tribal with a SJ loss.

Let's not forget that CG has the 411 on SJ (Penny and Erin), Ken and Penny do not get along, Erin is non-entity as she is Penny's shmo and Jake appears to have had some kind of an alliance with Ken and Shii (solely based on the Shi's comments and Ken's comments to Shii when asking if she were switching). Jake was being targeted as a CG defector along with Ken and Shii. Jake is the pivitol vote here and both Ken and Penny will be taking Desperate Measures to ensure that Jake is in their camp. He's the one we need to hone in on.

11-04-02, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: CBS Chat"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-02 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

Focus on Jake. I read somewhere (maybe it was in one of Jed's interviews, I don't recall) that Jake was more comfortable around the women than with the men. It was practically a throwaway line (I'm going to have to see if I can find it) but if it is correct then he might vote out Ken before Penny or Erin. Strategically, this might even make sense if they are anticipating a merger coming soon, Ken would obviously be CG's first target at the merge but the risk of keeping him is that he might win the individual immunity. SJ's boot strategy has been to eliminate perceived threats, an alliance of the weak each looking solely to their own chances (Jed, individual challenge threat; Stephanie, individual challenge threat and potential defector; Robb, individual challenge threat and unpredictable ally; Shii Ann, obvious defection threat).

edited to throw in a quote from Jed (didn't find the line I was looking for, found this instead):

"Jake was chief in his own mind as was everyone else. Never does anyone who is actually still on the island believe someone is in control of their destiny. Everyone is playing out the game in their head and playing their own strategy to win the million dollars. Jake's strategy, via Steph, was that he wanted to kick off the threats and keep the weak. In a conversation in the jungle with him, he asked me if I felt threatened by Ken or Steph and if I thought we should get rid of them before the merge. I unfortunately told him I did not see Ken as any kind of threat and I wanted to be surrounded by people in the end that make it fun and got there by pulling their own weight."

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: CBS Chat"
I remember that comment by Jake, Dabo - but it was more like "I'm more comfortable around women than men" in *general* and not these particular women...

Don't mean to muddy the waters here, as I'd love something to help steer me this week - but that's my recollection.

Lizzmac

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-02, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: CBS Chat"
I think Jake made the comment that he was more comfortable around women either in his audition tape or in his CBS exclusive video before the show started. So no implication that he was more comfortable around Penny and Erin in the show.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

11-04-02, 02:45 PM (EST)
46. "RE: CBS Chat"
This all fits with other comments about penny. Remember the comment about her Fiance saying she could not go (LOL) unless she would do well (duh). Other than the fact that everyone would want to do well if they went, I think this could point to, along with Shii's comments, and the boot of potential threats (Jed), that Penny is really playing the game hard core for herself and her new hubby. So I can definintely see her getting desperate now that she has been "outed" from UTR to the Chewies.

Could definitely come into play, especially if Ken wins an immunity (if he makes it to individual challenges), and the chewies have to choose who to boot. Shii told the chewies she liked Ken and Jake, but would that matter at all to them now that she is gone?

As far as Jake voting with Ken, or Against Ken? He may vote to keep Ken, because he would then serve as a much bigger threat than HIMSELF, wereas if he boots Ken with Penny and her shadow (funny how shadows tend to add ten pounds all above the waist) then who is the next target? Jake himself, or Penny the manipulator?

D.R.

11-04-02, 04:45 PM (EST)
47. "Backfire"
While Ken is perceived as the big challenge threat, it could be Penny herself who turns in the Wigglesworth/Donaldson immunity streak. Shii Ann describes Penny as very competitive as well as manipulative, and from her performance in the last TC it seems that Penny thinks she is running the show (or at least the Sook Jai portion of it). This may affect things in the upcoming IC, especially if it starts to seem at any point that Sook Jai is going to lose; Penny may fade in order to shift all the attention onto Ken. Be pretty funny if they both faded in order to stay out of the spotlight! Well, we'll finally get to see how Ken does in the water.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •