The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-02-03, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
I’m really disappointed with Bob. Does he think he has to swap spit with every woman on the show?

Week 1: He kissed Kelly Jo.

Week 2: He kissed:

Brooke:

Misty:

Meredith:

LeeAnn:

And Kelly Jo again?

Week 3 - ?: We see him kissing:

Mary:

Antoinette:

Estella:

Estella again:

Misty again:

Kelly Jo again:

LeAnn again:

There are many more pictures where I can’t identify who he is kissing.

This makes Jenny and Karin the only two women left that we don’t have evidence of him kissing.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... KCarter897 10-02-03 1
   RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... RealityAddict 10-03-03 5
 Bob has no upper lip! Guppin1234 10-02-03 2
   RE: Bob has no upper lip! chichi 10-03-03 8
 RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... jodibelle1213 10-03-03 3
   RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... ILuvBob 10-03-03 4
       RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... Therealbachelor 10-03-03 6
           RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... triednottowatch 10-03-03 7
       RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... chichi 10-03-03 9
           RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... Loree 10-04-03 23
       RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... chichi 10-03-03 10
           RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... ILuvBob 10-04-03 11
               RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... jodibelle1213 10-04-03 12
                   RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... chichi 10-04-03 13
           RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... Guppin1234 10-04-03 14
   RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... RealityTVGeek 10-04-03 17
 RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... RealityTVGeek 10-04-03 15
   RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... Chrissy gal 10-04-03 16
       RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... ILuvBob 10-04-03 18
           RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... EnglProf 10-04-03 19
               RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... Chrissy gal 10-04-03 20
                   RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... ILuvBob 10-04-03 22
               RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... ILuvBob 10-04-03 21
                   RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... Guppin1234 10-05-03 24
                       RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... deetsiepie 10-05-03 28
                   RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... EnglProf 10-05-03 26
                       English Professor huh? Guppin1234 10-05-03 29
                           RE: English Professor huh? ILuvBob 10-05-03 30
                               He is human Guppin1234 10-06-03 31
                       RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... WickedWidow 10-11-03 50
               RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... Amily 10-06-03 35
                   RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... Guppin1234 10-07-03 36
                       RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... chichi 10-09-03 38
                           RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... Guppin1234 10-09-03 41
                   RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... chichi 10-10-03 46
       RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... chichi 10-05-03 25
           RE: I am so disappointed with Bache... ILuvBob 10-05-03 27
               Editing Guppin1234 10-06-03 32
                   Most of you people are all wrong Wacko Jacko 10-08-03 37
                       RE: Most of you people are all wron... chichi 10-09-03 39
                       It's doomed... Guppin1234 10-10-03 43
                           Would you be my girlfriend? realitybites 10-10-03 45
                               RE: Would you be my virtual girlfri... Guppin1234 10-11-03 49
 Why not? boomerang 10-09-03 40
   RE: Why not? chichi 10-09-03 42
       RE: Why not? Guppin1234 10-10-03 44
           RE: Why not? chichi 10-10-03 47
               RE: Why not? Guppin1234 10-11-03 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KCarter897 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-02-03, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KCarter897 Click to send private message to KCarter897 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Yeah, I would definitely have preffered him not to be so kissy kissy....it always hurts the one they choose in the end to see all the tape of them fooling around

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-03-03, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
I agree and wish he wasn't being so "kissy kissy"...I might be wrong, but I don't remember Andrew Firestone being as physical with the women so early in the process.

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-02-03, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Bob has no upper lip!"
And the girls he doesn't kiss end up looking bad just for being excluded.

Remember though that he is a man surrounded by a flock of horney, love sick, hormonally charged women that wont take no for an answer.

Wasn't there an old Star Trek like that, a planet of all women? or was that sliders when the men were sex slaves herded like cattle into a fertility "donation center". I'm rambling...

chichi 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-03-03, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chichi Click to send private message to chichi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bob has no upper lip!"
Bob is like a rooster in a hen cage.still, some of the hens have made the first move.

jodibelle1213 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-03-03, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jodibelle1213 Click to send private message to jodibelle1213 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
DId you seriously expect him NOT to kiss the girls. I think he wanted to make up for lost time with Trista. Just kidding, Bob. All the Bachelor's have mashed with the girls..Bob is just the first to be honest about wanting to!!!

ILuvBob 13 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ILuvBob Click to send private message to ILuvBob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-03 AT 04:54 PM (EST)

For heavens sake...Of course he is kissing them, he is there to find his future "WIFE"! He could be a tramp like Alex (Bach #1) and try and have sex with them all! LOL

Therealbachelor 8 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Therealbachelor Click to send private message to Therealbachelor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Im not sure how many of you guys are men but Bob is getting a chance of a lifetime most men only dream about...I dont know but i cant remember the last time i had 25 girls swooning over me..He is just testing the waters and having as much fun with each and every girl..I just hope he doesnt have any communicable diseasee....DD<..

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-03-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
>I dont know
>but i cant remember the
>last time i had 25
>girls swooning over me

You mean you've had 25 women swooning over you? And you can't remember exactly when that was? HOW OLD ARE YOU? Cause I would NEVER forget that !!!!!! LOL

10-03-03, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chichi Click to send private message to chichi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
he is there to find a future wife my foot. he is there for a good time.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-03, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Exactly!

10-03-03, 11:44 PM (EST)
10. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Dear ILuvBob,
give Bob a chance. i'm sure he will try to have sex with them all.

10-04-03, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ILuvBob Click to send private message to ILuvBob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Chichi....
He might, and if he doesn't he will be the first! LOL

jodibelle1213 7 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jodibelle1213 Click to send private message to jodibelle1213 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
I think Bob is different from the others...but he is a man..and he probably thinks with that brain below just like all the others

10-04-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
13. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Jodiebelle,
in that case Bob may be a real BRAINIAC!

10-04-03, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Does it count when he french kisses the girls? Technically that's a male/female receptacle or are we doing the Clinton thing here?

RealityTVGeek 36 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityTVGeek Click to send private message to RealityTVGeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
>DId you seriously expect him NOT
>to kiss the girls. I
>think he wanted to make
>up for lost time with
>Trista. Just kidding, Bob.
> All the Bachelor's have
>mashed with the girls..Bob is
>just the first to be
>honest about wanting to!!!

Jodibelle how old are you? You used the word "mashed"! We used to use that word in college...I'm 33. I haven't heard it since. It brought back memories!!

RealityTVGeek 36 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityTVGeek Click to send private message to RealityTVGeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
He DID kiss Jenny. They showed it in the previews but not on the actual show. They also didn't show Brooke's kiss or Kelly Jo's second kiss on the show.

I think this means that the producers are trying to tone down Bob's um, libido?

To be fair, Antoinette's kiss looks more like a peck than anything else. Based on the smooching (or lack of), I pick Karin, Antoinette, Brooke & Jenny to be gone next week.

10-04-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
I thought I had seen him kiss Jenny, but there were no vidcaps, so I thought that I had her confused with Brooke. So, he kissed all of the final 10 except Karin?!?

I think it is funny to see everyone's reaction to this. I'm sure that if Trista had kissed 9 of the final 10 guys, and gone at it the way Bob has, everyone would have been calling her names (and in fact they did call her names for kissing 4 guys). But Bob's behavior is being excused as "boys will be boys". It seems like we still have a double standard!

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

10-04-03, 06:17 PM (EST)
18. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
You people are acting as if he is having sex night after night. I don't see a kiss as a big deal. Bob is there to possibly propose to one of these women. I wouldn't want to be married without kissing my fiance first....would you? Just stop and think .....how many people have you kissed in your lifetime? Give him a break! And I am a woman.

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
iluvbob,

Come on, give me a break! Your logic is hilarious! First of all, none of us are the type of people who would agree to go on a reality dating t.v. show, the premise of which is to choose a spouse from 25 potential partners. So, though no I wouldn't want to get married without kissing my to-be-spouse first, I also wouldn't EVER be in a situation where I had to decide who to marry on the basis of like 4 dates and 3 or so hot and heavy kisses. I've got more brains than that.

Also, you ask us how many people we've kissed IN OUR LIVES. Um, even if my number exceeded the number of people Bob has french kissed would that make me more of a slut? Can you really ask us to consider the number of people we've kissed over our lifetimes and then excuse Bob for doing it in the space of what? Five days?

I'm with Chrissygal here. I expected MUCH more from Bob, and he's really disgusting me. How can you have true intimacy with so many women at once?? Bleech! If this were the real world, and we were acquaintanced with Bob, who we found out was swapping spit with so many women in just a matter of days, we'd be appalled! But, since this isn't the real world, and it's under the umbrella of a reality tv dating show, suddenly it's all good that Bob's such a whore.

I don't think so. Bob seems to have lost much of his personality since his Bachelorette days. He seems to have shed his sense of humor with those 30 infamous pounds he lost.

IMHO, his trampish need to "test drive" these women is really pathetic.

10-04-03, 07:59 PM (EST)
20. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-03 AT 08:01 PM (EST)

>>IMHO, his trampish need to "test drive" these women is really pathetic.<<

I love it!!!

Also, Bob made it clear in pre-show interviews that he is not looking to propose to someone at the end of the show. These girls might think they are there to marry Bob, but I don't think Bob is there to marry one of them.

I am sure that when I was younger and single, if you put me in a room full of 25 guys who were interested in dating me, I could narrow it down to a few guys without swapping spit with 9 of them first.

Finally, Bob is not a hormonally charged teenager who hasn't seen any real women before, he is over 30 and has been married. He was also a jock in school and plays in a band, I'm sure he has had plenty of women throw themselves at him over the years.

Edited because sometimes I don't read my post before I hit Post Message!

Chrissy gal

10-04-03, 08:07 PM (EST)
22. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Oh by the way, I saw an interview with Bob, and he is dating the woman he picked from the show. They are planning a long engagement. I'm sure she is making him pay after watching each episode. LOL

10-04-03, 07:59 PM (EST)
21. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
EnglProg...
If reality t.v. is so beneath you, then why are you watching and posting in this group?

You said....
"If this were the real world, and we were acquaintanced with Bob, who we found out was swapping spit with so many women in just a matter of days, we'd be appalled! But, since this isn't the real world, and it's under the umbrella of a reality tv dating show, suddenly it's all good that Bob's such a whore."

Don't you think the women who went on the show were aware of this?? Also what about the women who are making the first move..Are they considered whores also? After all they are aware of all of the spit swapping! I am sorry that I have flared so many tempers, to me this is really funny!

10-05-03, 00:08 AM (EST)
24. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
To me, with the way they have set up the show, it's almost like they have taken the beginnings of a relationship before the couple goes exclusive, only they show things that most women/men would never see. In real life, if you found out your man was dating 10 women give or take before he decided to date ony you, most people would be too turned off to consider dating only this guy.

At first I thought they were trying to bring back arranged marriages, and then it reminded me of a coming out party from the deep south.

Now it just reminds me of a beauty pageant, especially with all the changes they have made.

I think Bob's personality has changed because he's in the hot seat and has been for a while. Going from a normal life to semi-celebrity must be extremely surreal and then back again to the normal life must be like coming off adrenaline.

If the woman that he chooses works out to be good for him, he'll get back to his old self after the craziness ends and the camera finds new prey. At least he had enough in him to make demands on the show that it would not lead to a proposal.

deetsiepie 14 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-03, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deetsiepie Click to send private message to deetsiepie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
What a great analysis. I totally agree! Thanks for putting it into words!

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-03, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Hi ILuvBob,

Who really thinks of things as being "beneath them" these days? Weird.

Anyway, my history with the Bachelor/Bachelorette series is spotty. The only one I attempted to watch was when Trista was the Bachelorette. I thought the show was painful with one exception: Bob, who was funny, self-deprecating and pretty far from your average dating show buff hunk. I was impressed. Trista was interested too-- at least a little bit.

Pretty early into the season, I vowed to turn off the t.v. as soon as Bob was booted because I didn't find the rest of the show interesting. And then he was booted and I stopped watching. Then, I hear Bob's coming back as the Bachelor, and like everybody else, I was excited at the prospect of this type of show breaking the mold. Here comes the funny, warm, chubby bachelor.

But, as we all know, that's not the way it happened. Bob gets famous, loses his extra weight, becomes the new ladies' man, AND by the time he shows up at the mansion full of women, the new rule is that they (a direct quote) "HAVE TO LOOK GOOD IN THE HOT TUB." Just like BOB looked so good in the hot tub last season.

I think the format of this show is hypocritical and boring, and now that I see Bob in this light-- as the "seriously-playing-the-field" same as everybody else (or is it worse?) bachelor, I'm disappointed.

I don't really care if we should consider the women slutty or not. I didn't have any expectations of them. They aren't kissing each other, which means that even if they know or suspect Bob's kissing other women, they, at least, have their affections pointed in one direction.

Anyway, I've said my peace.

10-05-03, 07:33 PM (EST)
29. "English Professor huh?"
When Bob was entertaining Trista, he represented a certain demographic of men AND women. To me, he represented the person who doesn't have all the looks, but his/her personality may overcome any physical attraction that wasn't there earlier. Once you been out with a few boy toys that can't hold a conversation past his southern hemisphere, or some bimbette who only talks about her shopping libido, then the pretty people become something a lot less appetizing. Only then can you really notice people like Bob.

Then ABC takes a guy like Bob, and exposes him to a whole new world. Once you're in the spot light, not only do people want to pick you apart, they want to positively and negatively obliterate anything and everything about you.

You have people in this corner crooning over his great smile, then you have people in that corner saying how phoney he is when he smiles. You can't please everybody, but in essence Bob is a virgin this way. There's nothing to prepare an average person for this type of semi-celebrity except to deal with it as it comes and hope there's someone along the way that will offer some good advice on how to deal with it. If no mentor, then the result would be a personality change that people have no way to understand.

If you're into rationalizing, then think of Bob's tongue as a misplaced modifier. Your the noun and Bob's the verb, and you're having a disagreement. The twins? They were definitely a double negative. What were they thinking?

Looking good in the hot tub, yes, I know - a double standard. I once knew this guy who was about 70 pounds overweight, and I asked him if he would go out with a girl who was his equal in this way, and he said absolutely not. So if a hardbody walks into a restaurant with whale blubber, most of the people in that room would probably think that one is too good for the other one based on appearances only.

I don't consider the women slutty either. I consider most of the people who go on reality shows as vulnerable and seduced by the network/production company. The one exception may be the people who go on shows like Survivor or Fear Factor and/or this forum sometimes. I was driving on the freeway the other day, and there was an extra dose of road rage that day, and I told my son that I felt like I was driving through a chat room

Ciao baby!

10-05-03, 07:40 PM (EST)
30. "RE: English Professor huh?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-03 AT 07:41 PM (EST)

<Guppin1234>

Thanks.....I thought I was the only one with hope for Bob!

And after all he is human, not a saint.

10-06-03, 05:52 PM (EST)
31. "He is human"
Yes, I'm rooting for Bob, but he's still not above criticism as long as it's not too harsh. I do try to keep it constructive, though admittedly sometimes I get weak. The critique on this board could work as a way for Bob to keep his feet on the ground just in case his ego is getting inflated from sources other than his lady.

WickedWidow 19 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-03, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WickedWidow Click to send private message to WickedWidow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
I think Bob does not sound or act mature. He has a voice that would become very annoying to me, kind of whiny. I like a man with a deeper voice and more hair on his body.

"Nil Illegitimus Carborundum"

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-06-03, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Amily Click to send private message to Amily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Before I read any further, I have to totally agree with you.
While I liked Bob in the Bache(whorette), I do not like him now at all. He seems like he is making up for lost time, kissing everything with a pulse. He said he is in love now - man, I would hate to be the girl on the receiving end, because he must have had to do a lot of testing before he found what he liked - I could not watch if my "beloved" had to see what everyone else tasted like before he found me to be the one. Sorry, I just couldn't wait to see Bob the humble, funny guy as the Bachelor until I actually watched the show and found that he is just Bob the horny guy.

10-07-03, 07:01 PM (EST)
36. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
I hear he's on whore-moan replacement therapy.

10-09-03, 00:55 AM (EST)
38. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Guppin1234,

hehehe,

you are VERY funny! i really enjoy your messages!!

he might be taking the generic form...ho-mone therapy.

10-09-03, 01:44 PM (EST)
41. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Thank you. Here I get to vent without getting into trouble (most of the time). You're funny too, I think I may be on the generic form.... all I know is that I have to shave my back twice a week!

10-10-03, 09:21 PM (EST)
46. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Amily...

Bob is a Horn Dawg.

10-05-03, 03:34 AM (EST)
25. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
Chrissy Gal,

boys will be boys and act like the horn dogs that they are when given the opportunity and he has the green light by the women and certainly the network. it kinda blows the good guy image he is supposed to be portraying.

10-05-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
27. "RE: I am so disappointed with Bachelor Bob."
I do have to say I hope that Bob's new personality is mostly due to editing! I miss the old Bob too! I think we are all upset with how he is on the new show. It makes me wonder though....are the times when he is funny and sweet, being edited to make him appear differently. He is kissing them all, and that can't be crafty editing! LOL I hope there are no hard fellings with anyone, I just think with these shows and the way they are edited isn't fair to the people they portray. Just like on Joe Miliionare, they showed Sarah in the woods with Evan....BUT used audio from a conversation with another female contestant giving her a back rub a few days earlier. I know these people are aware of the things that might happen before they go, but still it's unfair to us "the viewers" also. Needless to say, I will continue to watch...I am an addict!!!

10-06-03, 05:56 PM (EST)
32. "Editing"
I know, the way their piece together all the kissing makes Bob look like Liam Neesom's character in Schindler's List.

It could be like one kiss an hour in reality, who knows. Think about office Christmas parties or get togethers with a group of friends etc where people do the friendly little peck on the cheek, and the ratios are probably the same.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-08-03, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Most of you people are all wrong"
I don't know if you have the privilege that I have living in Bob's home town but Bob said he would only do the show if he didn't have to propose to the girl he chose. So what does that tell you? That he is doing this show to have a good time. If he finds someone that is a bonus. To me that indicates that Bob is a player and he is not in this to meet his 'lifetime' mate only to have a good time. Expect him to kiss them all over and over and over. By doing this he hurts his chance for finding that lifelong mate. I mean if Bob picked you and you saw that he was so passionate with the other girls (upon watching the show) would you still want to stay with him. I would bet that this relationship don't last. It's doomed.

10-09-03, 01:41 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Most of you people are all wrong"

let's not forget that Bob is a business man. he is dumb as a fox. he gets his 15 minutes of fame AND women falling all over him AND we find out that he is a singer.none of this can hurt him in his private life. he is in a win-win situation. a serious relationship would be a bonus. and Any press is good p.r....the good and the bad, i bet he just wants his name spelled right.

10-10-03, 02:32 PM (EST)
43. "It's doomed..."
What does that tell me?
That Bob is grounded in that he doesn't necessarily believe that the premis with which he meets his final girl would automatically lead to marriage. Of course he's going to make the best of the situation, if he didn't kiss every girl, he'd come across as frigid and weird, and for a guy that may be worse than impotence.

If Bob picked me (although he's not really my type) and I saw that he was so passionate with the other girls would I still want to stay with him?
. Well, I wouldn't go on one of these shows, but for the sake of argument, I'll pretend that I would.
. I'd go into it with the attitude of likely being rejected rather than the last girl standing, but that wouldn't influence my behavior with Bob or the other girls.
. I would have carefully thought about how much in common and how compatible we could be (based on the tiny shard of info I'd have about Bob before agreeing to go on the show). Why waste his time and mine?
. I look at the kissing during the show as a condensed version of Bob's dating scene over a normal period of say two years. I wouldn't feel any claim to Bob until well after the show ended. He'd have to give me a real strong indication (outside of the show) that he's ready for a committed relationship before I would feel justified enough to get possessive.
. How possessive? Give us some quality/quantity time, and just don't cheat on me after you claim me as your one and only. If you do cheat, then it's... "Nice to have met you, have a good one, just not with me with a wonderful parting gift" type of thing. The break-up would be short, clean and as clinical as possible. I'd probably only get hysterical if he gave me hepatitis or something grandiose along those lines. I'm not into the desperate, please, please you gotta love me kind of thing. You can lead a penis to women, but you can't make him think.
. What's the parting gift? Probably a Christmas ornament so he could think about that moment every year after. Ooooooo, reality bites.

I agree that the likelihood of the relationship is probably doomed. Bob and his mate will have a lot to overcome, and I've never agreed with the show as an appropriate premise with which to start a relationship. It could very well work out with lifelong fireworks for both of them. It's just a nicer visual to hope for the best.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-10-03, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "Would you be my girlfriend?"
Just kidding, but I like your attitude.

Oh, and I also enjoyed this little snippet:

>. What's the parting gift? Probably a Christmas ornament
>so he could think about that moment every year after.
> Ooooooo, reality bites.

10-11-03, 01:14 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Would you be my virtual girlfriend?"
Thanks.

boomerang 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-09-03, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail boomerang Click to send private message to boomerang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Why not?"
Before I respond to your post, I'd like to know your specific objections to him doing this.

10-09-03, 06:49 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Why not?"
Hi Boomerang,

"WHY NOT EXACTLY!"

As stated above, Bob has nothing to lose from being on The Bachelor. and i have absolutely no objections whatsoever.It is a win-win situation for him, and possibly for some woman. although i am starting to worry that he might pick Misty.

Did you ever notice that they have nothing of substance to talk about? not that he discusses the world economy or anything with any of them.

It's just a physical thang with 99.48% of them.

Oh well, live and let live.

10-10-03, 02:40 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Why not?"
In general on these types of shows, they never show them talking about things of substance. Maybe they are trying to protect their privacy in that regard. That's always irked me too, I've been wanting to know what they talk about. It influences decision making.

On the other hand, lets speculate for instance that Bob said he was against the war in Iraq. Can you imagine how much hate mail he'd get? Then all of a sudden the dating thing becomes a political forum.

10-10-03, 09:39 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Why not?"
Right Guppin...

they don't have to talk politics, but what about their common interests, what they hope to get from this experience,(although i have a pretty good idea what Bob wants to get),values...,beliefs...,passions....

let's just hear them talk about SOMETHING instead of mindless kissing and making out.

10-11-03, 01:12 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Why not?"
True. Editing I suppose, gotta make room for all those commercials instead of chatter.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •