The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-08-03, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
I can't believe the clowns were so loved by everyone! Message boards everywhere are mourning this morning. WHY?!?!? I realize that all the teams are unlikeable this edition and the clowns may be some people's "default" team, but what exactly did they do?

That said, this is my clown hate thread and why I hate the clowns:

10. Expect people to laugh at their ethnocentric American humor jokes and parlor tricks.
9. Aligned with Millie and Chuck
8. Would cheer if they found out the next destination was Afganistan.
7. Blatant DAW maneuvering designed to get screentime, like that awful "Figero" singing and fake tears.
6. Still didn't get much airtime other than their blatant DAW maneuvering.
5. Not really working clowns, just call themselves clowns because they went to clown school.
4. If they were clowns, clowns are freaky anyway.
3. Hated the way Al dressed.
2. Thinks balancing a pen on your nose makes you special.
1. Those horrible horrible red noses. Plus, they wore it in South Korea. Not good to wear red in Korea because a lot of people associate that color with bad things. (Including communism, North Korea, and Anti-Government activists)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: yensid 08-08-03 1
 RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: wildchickenhunter 08-08-03 2
 All I have to say is..... L82LIFE 08-08-03 3
 RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: L82LIFE 08-08-03 4
   RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: ImNext 08-08-03 5
 RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: I_AM_HE 08-08-03 6
 Sounds like someone needs moonbaby 08-08-03 7
 RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: MsShel330 08-08-03 8
   RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: hans 08-08-03 9
 RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: cyclehausen 08-08-03 10
 RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: AMAI 08-08-03 11
   RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: KeithFan 08-10-03 14
 RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: Busco Man 08-09-03 12
 RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: munson 08-09-03 13
 RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: lunatic 08-10-03 15
 RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: kailoont02 08-11-03 16
   RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: managerr 08-11-03 17
 RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: Edgeless Grass 08-12-03 18
 RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: Efjendar 08-13-03 19
   RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: managerr 08-13-03 20
       RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: FarmBoy 08-13-03 21
   RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns: MsShel330 08-13-03 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-08-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
5. Not really working clowns, just call themselves clowns because they went to clown school.

Jon, is a working clown, currently touring with Ringling Bros. (see Ringling Bros Website. Jon = Jon Weiss)

Al, I believe is currently working as a clown on a cruise ship.

Just saying.

YenSid

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-08-03, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
Be carefull there.,....I am still paying off my loans from clown college.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-08-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "All I have to say is....."
Pffft.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
LAST EDITED ON 08-08-03 AT 01:14 PM (EST)

Pretend like this isn't here. I kept getting a script error and ended up double posting. Ooops. Who's the clown now? LOL

ImNext 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-08-03, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ImNext Click to send private message to ImNext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
I don't hate the Clowns, but I didn't understand what the big deal was about them anyway. So they're clowns, so what? While we're on the subject of gimmicky teams, I'd like to see more REAL teams on TAR, a REALity show. Seriously, how many of us know not one, but two, clowns, who also happen to be friends? Or twelve year virgins who just won't commit to each other? I enjoy the couples without "memorable" taglines just as much, if not more so, then these other teams. I don't know, maybe I'm just grouchy b/c there's only two eps left of my fave show, maybe forever...sniff...

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-03, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
the only one i agree with is #8 lol

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-03, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Sounds like someone needs"
a nose!

Go ahead. Try it on. You know you want to.

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-08-03, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
You know, I actually hate clowns but these guys won me over. Yes, goofing off for the crowds was a bit annoying but it was just the way they were. They were consistantly cheerful and more importantly, polite.
I agree that putting on a nose would make you feel much better Managerr. Come on, you know you want to

hans 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-08-03, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hans Click to send private message to hans Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
i like them too, and most importantly they were nice to each other and to everyone else

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-08-03, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
You forgot the most important reason.

"Not funny clowns."

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-08-03, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
They were never one of my favourite teams, but as the Race wore on, I did have to give them kudos for remaining upbeat and being polite to everyone. It was really a bit of bad luck that saw their flight being delayed by the fog.

They were probably the biggest threat to win.

The clowning around got annoying but at this point I'd say I'm more sorry to see Chreichy still in the Race. Those two have gotten more annoying with every ep.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-03, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
Congrats!! 500 DAWs! Yes, I'm working my way up

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Mitch Ratcliffe, "Technology Review" (1992)

Busco Man 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-09-03, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Busco%20Man Click to send private message to Busco%20Man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
One reason to like the Clowns:

1) They were far and away more tolerable than any other team.

Busco Man - who'd give you a red nose....no, the other kind.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-09-03, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
I despised those stupid clowns and couldn't understand the lovefest either.

lunatic 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-10-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lunatic Click to send private message to lunatic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
whoa, man! at least 3/4 of those reasons are invalid (like the way Al dressed), and the rest are amatter of opinion.

kailoont02 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-11-03, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kailoont02 Click to send private message to kailoont02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
#2 and 10..makes them special? of course not!...they just wanna entertain and spread happiness around the world..they don't EXPECT ppl to laugh at their jokes!
#3 and 4 are just a matter of YOUR opinion, totally invalid reasons
#1 - 10...they're CLOWNS, can you blame them?

plus, they helped Millie and Chuck during the Asthma thing and were very polite to the Indian and Malaysian locals...plus they were strong and made very few mistakes...

look what we have here....Jon and Kelly who have problems with moles , werewolves and Gay people......Reichen/Chip who refuse to pay because a KOREAN guy won't speak english and David/Jeff who are zZzZz..huh? what? oh...

so these are some of the reasons why ppl like the clowns!

08-11-03, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
I understand your logic, but I don't need any valid reasons to hate the clowns.

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-12-03, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
Hey managerr, why don't you just admit it, the main reason why you hate the clowns is because:

They have been so nice and doing so well in the race that they didn't give you much chance to bash them!

From entertainment point of view...yah, you should hate them.

------------------ Bye! -----------------------------
~ ~
' o '
'(x) '

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-13-03, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Efjendar Click to send private message to Efjendar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
Not good to wear red in Korea because a lot of people associate that color with bad things. (Including communism, North Korea, and Anti-Government activists)

Never knew this. Is this only in South Korea?
Most Asians consider red very good luck.

On a side note...fear of clowns...I was paying for groceries in the store when a woman dressed as a clown got behind me in line. She looked like she had come from a kids' party but was not heavily made up although she was wearing brightly colored clothing. The cashier stiffened with terror and had the bag person direct the clown lady to another lane. How odd is that?

08-13-03, 01:02 PM (EST)
20. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
Yes, just in South Korea, sorry. There are some countries like China, where red is good luck.

Edgeless Grass makes a good point too. Yes, I also hate them because they were too nice, and too boring. Something about them just makes me the wrong way. They don't come across as just naturally nice like John Vito and Jill did in the previous edition. It looks like they are trying too hard.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-13-03, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
"gotta love me, I'm a clown"

I wondered if the producers toned down some of the clown's antics. There were a few times when they reminded me of those really annoying attention grabber types that make us all groan. I.E.- Careful editing would make them seem more nice than annoying.

That said:

John Vito & Jill were also one of my favorites.

I did want the clowns to win= 1/2 I liked them & 1/2 I didn't like the other teams.

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-13-03, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: 10 Reasons I hated the Clowns:"
"On a side note...fear of clowns...I was paying for groceries in the store when a woman dressed as a clown got behind me in line. She looked like she had come from a kids' party but was not heavily made up although she was wearing brightly colored clothing. The cashier stiffened with terror and had the bag person direct the clown lady to another lane. How odd is that?"

Not that odd at all. Several people (myself included) don't like clowns AT ALL. There are quite a few websites devoted to hating and/or fearing clowns. Jon and Al won me over by being positive and, to be honest, not wearing any clown get-up other than the red noses. I am not about to start liking other clowns however.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •