The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Seven"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-02, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Seven"
Wow, what a week for the spoiling community! I didn't have a grasp on the World Series winner until the end of Game 7. I should have realized that all of the emphasis on tall people like Ken and Robb last episode was a clear indication that the Giants would lose. Couple that with the fact that he didn't cast a single angel on this version of Survivor, and we see classic MB misdirection.

Now, on to the task at hand…

Episode Seven

TO MERGE OR NOT TO MERGE…OF COURSE THAT'S THE QUESTION

It's Episode 7, and all Survivors' thoughts turn to…the merge. Where alliances become crucial and Pagoning becomes dull. Where an IC run can save you, or arrogance earn you a jury seat. Where challenges pitting tribe against tribe are history, with new challenges for individual reward and immunity.

Or not.

Do the Survivors merge? Or does the Episode 7 Press Release imply a tribal cohabitation, where the two tribes live together but still compete as tribes?

And what's up with the paint? Tribephyl's See-BS Misdirection post ponders the significance of M/F, CG/SJ pairings painted the same colors, with further discussion on Bungler's vidcap thread. Here's your handy palette:
- Jan / Jake - blue
- Clay / Shii Ann - red
- Helen / Ken - purple
- Ted / Erin - gold
- Brian / Penny - orange

What is the major change? What is the significance of pairing up? Are these long-term pairings (like Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward), or short-term (like JLo and anybody)?

Corcam's vidcaps seem to suggest a team IC again, that may or may not include switching some players between tribes. There's also evidence of some serious partying, particularly by Jan the lush and Barfy Brian. This probably occurs as part of the reward/tribal cohabitation. Ken and Shii Ann are also seen discussing loyalty. Is this after the IC, which they have lost?
OFG's Merge Scenarios thread pulls all of the GUT discussions regarding the merge together and ties them up with a bow.

Speaking of ties, the above discussions also reference the tie-breaking methods of prior Survivors, but no conclusions have been reached on which method would be used should there be a 5-5 tie. If immunity is tribal, then this discussion is moot, because the winning tribe could target one particular person on the losing tribe, guaranteeing that person's demise (since a person can't vote for him/herself, the losing tribe could not all vote for the same person to force a tie).

What do I think? My brain hurts. What do you think? Vote at OFG's Poll.

IT'S ALL IN THE EDITING

Krautboy asserts in his Ep 6 Hindsight thread that the editing is more predictable this season.
- The theme of redemption is running through a number of episodes, but this theme can be compacted into one episode instead of developed over a longer story arc.
- Shii Ann is being edited as the villain.
- Brian and Ted have an alliance, but are there other alliances that we've not yet seen? Do Helen or Clay play a part in those?

Is Brian the winner? IvoryElephant took a break from hysterically funny Robb shows to present the argument that Pride Cometh Before a Fall. There may be significance to Brian's "business trip" reference, as well as the absence of negativism from him in the first episode.

Is there logic within the Opening Credits that points to Penny or Clay as the winner? Mark Burnett is arrogant…but is this a stretch, even for him? Using your touch-tone phone, vote now.

DUDE, WHERE'S MY CLUE?

Dude on Early Show
Dude on Letterman

Possibly some nuggets of gold amongst the dense pieces of granite, such as:
- His referral to Penny as America's Sweetheart.
- His reference to "independent" challenges instead of "individual".
- His negative references to Shii Ann, which could imply that Shii Ann does not go to Loser Lodge, which would mean she is safe this episode.

COMING ATTRACTIONS

Episode 8 Title - Sleeping with the Enemy - TV Guide has now informed us that an 8th person will be voted off the island.

Episode 9 Title - Desperate Measures: Will this be an attempt to stop a Pagonging?

WHO GOES? (aka Bootee Call)

Weight Loss Spoilers - Do they matter post-merge/union/whatever you wanna call it or not?

EyeMail - No profile this week.

Now, let's look at some of the players who might soon be joining the Early Show quartet for a little chat:

Ken - Was his spike in face time last episode solely a plot mechanism to showcase Robb, or was it to remind us that Ken was actually still on the freakin' island? And what about the timing of this beefcake shot - is this a sign that Ken's 15 minutes will soon be up? Does this explain Ken's loyalty discussion with Shii Ann, as an act of self-preservation? Personal note: Ken looks yucky in that pic, I think he looks cuter on the show. Just my humble opinion. If CG has any say in this, you can bet that they would love to get rid of the strongest player on the other tribe. Not only does that improve Brian and Ted's chances to win individual challenges, it protects CG as a whole should there be tribal challenges. Comments by Jed about Jake's strategy to eliminate the strong prior to merge also lead to the suggestion that Ken would be the next SJ on the hit list.

Shii Ann - She's the only SJ with prior votes, and this may be the time her luck runs out. The main spoiler supporting this theory is that Ghandia knew she smoked. This is the last episode where she can be booted and interact with the Denver Diva before the wrap party at the end, since this is the final pre-jury boot. But lingering animosity to her could suggest that he did not get a chance to make peace with her at Loser Lodge. Also, Paratrooper may be giving us conflicting information - is Shii Ann in the final 3, or the next to go? And did she throw the last challenge?

Erin's name is starting to generate some minor buzz, but again, there's no tangible evidence that now is the time.

Jake has already gotten the traditional weekly vote from Sherps on the boot thread. In Jed's Interview On SNN, we get some inklings that Jed may have had interaction with Jake at Loser Lodge, but we've had little story to lead into his boot.

Jan has already been voted Most Likely Chewie Boot based on comments in prior episodes, but there is little evidence to suggest that this happens now.

Ted would seem to be a likely target, given his strength, but we don't have any evidence pointing to an E7 boot.

YOUR AD HERE

Don't forget to go read Dangerkitty's summary on Bashers - funny stuff there!

You too can write a SOTS! Sign up here.

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Q 10-30-02 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... ulalame 10-30-02 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... lroy 10-30-02 3
 Brava! janisella 10-30-02 4
 Savior sorgee 10-30-02 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... jkokoj 10-30-02 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Loree 10-30-02 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... dabo 10-30-02 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... katem 10-30-02 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Boilermaker 10-30-02 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... OceanSkater 10-30-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-30-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Seven"
Thanks for this Bebo. Did you ever know that your my Hero?

Later,

D.R.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-30-02, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Seven"
Great SOTS! Thanks!

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-30-02, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Seven"
This is awesome Bebo, thanks!!

Meet George Jetson, his daughter lroy

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-30-02, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Brava!"
I'll bet the episode won't be as good as your SOTS.

J.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-30-02, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Savior"
Thank you for your recap. Your summary has saved my week.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-30-02, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Seven"
Absolutly fabulous. Thanks Bebo, my brain was starting to hurt from trying to follow OFG's truly wonderful analysis of all that we have been shown this past week.

BTW "What is the major change? What is the significance of pairing up? Are these long-term pairings (like Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward), or short-term (like JLo and anybody)?" ROTFLMAO!!!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Seven"
Thanks Bebo

I wish I had never went and read Jed's interview on SNN. Ever since reading that I can't shake the feeling Jake goes to LL. But it doesn't make sense since he has been so hidden from us by MB. But I don't get the idea Ken goes this week. Jed doesn't even seem to know for sure if Ken swims. Wouldn't they have swam together if Ken was at LL are travelling with them? So is it Shii Ann or am I just hoping because I don't like her?

This week is a tough one.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Seven"
Tough week, excellent SOTS! A lot of fun speculation this week and I am left not convinced of anything, darn it! But it has been a fun week. Thanks!

SMILES ARE FREE

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-30-02, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Seven"
You had a lot info to work with Ms. Bebo, and as usual you did a great job of putting it together. It was also a hoot to read

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-30-02, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Seven"
First SOTS that made me laugh. Bebo you are world class!

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-30-02, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Seven"
Thank you for your hard work! You really put it together nicely. Now I have all the topics nice and neat on one page and I'm still confused.....the telehone pad numbers threw me over the edge.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •