The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Paratrooper's pick...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-30-02, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Paratrooper's pick...."
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-02 AT 01:57 PM (EST)

Paratrooper has his pick already...don't read if you don't want to know...

http://home.sc.rr.com/paratrooper/
Edited to add/change the following:
The pick appears to be Shii Ann, but it is not perfectly clear. I encourage you all to go to the sight, right click on the empty photo box, go to properties,and you'll see his slightly disguised pick written in the URL. Please also notice there are not enough x's to properly spell Shii Ann, so maybe it's really somebody else.

Wheezy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... samiam 10-30-02 1
   RE: Paratrooper's pick.... fivestarwheezy 10-30-02 3
       RE: Paratrooper's pick.... samiam 10-30-02 17
           RE: Paratrooper's pick.... fivestarwheezy 10-30-02 27
               RE: Paratrooper's pick.... samiam 10-30-02 39
                   RE: Paratrooper's pick.... fivestarwheezy 10-31-02 49
           RE: Paratrooper's pick.... lionsroar 10-31-02 60
   RE: Paratrooper's pick.... ulalame 10-30-02 4
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... Q 10-30-02 2
   RE: Paratrooper's pick.... s_man 10-30-02 6
       RE: Paratrooper's pick.... bebekid 10-30-02 9
       RE: Paratrooper's pick.... sweetnvicious 10-30-02 11
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... sharking49 10-30-02 5
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... Brownroach 10-30-02 7
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... managerr 10-30-02 8
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... big idiot 10-30-02 10
   RE: Paratrooper's pick.... true 10-30-02 14
       RE: Paratrooper's pick.... fivestarwheezy 10-30-02 16
   RE: Paratrooper's pick.... snoocharoo 10-30-02 18
       RE: Paratrooper's pick.... OceanSkater 10-30-02 34
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... corcam 10-30-02 12
   RE: Paratrooper's pick.... managerr 10-30-02 13
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... smrtNsassybnkr 10-30-02 15
   INSTRUCTIONS : FREE OF CHARGE OceanSkater 10-30-02 32
       RE: INSTRUCTIONS : FREE OF CHARGE snoocharoo 10-31-02 53
 $hit sorgee 10-30-02 19
   RE: $hit fivestarwheezy 10-30-02 24
       Gotcha sorgee 10-30-02 25
 Thanks Wheezy franksantlers 10-30-02 20
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... toddE 10-30-02 21
   RE: Paratrooper's pick.... DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 10-30-02 22
       RE: Paratrooper's pick.... toddE 10-30-02 26
           RE: Paratrooper's pick.... snoocharoo 10-30-02 29
               RE: Paratrooper's pick.... fivestarwheezy 10-30-02 30
                   RE: Paratrooper's pick.... Yogi 10-30-02 31
           RE: Paratrooper's pick.... OceanSkater 10-30-02 33
   RE: Paratrooper's pick.... franksantlers 10-30-02 23
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... Brownroach 10-30-02 28
   RE: Paratrooper's pick.... Outfrontgirl 10-30-02 35
       RE: Paratrooper's pick.... corcam 10-30-02 36
           Interesting sorgee 10-30-02 38
               RE: Interesting Q 10-31-02 51
           RE: Paratrooper's pick.... Brownroach 10-31-02 54
       Playing Spoiler Games Ra_8secs 10-31-02 61
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... TechNoir 10-30-02 37
 Paratrooper's record idiotcowboy 10-30-02 40
   RE: Paratrooper's record BMH 10-30-02 41
   RE: Paratrooper's record Outfrontgirl 10-30-02 42
 spelling is fixed true 10-30-02 43
   RE: spelling is fixed fivestarwheezy 10-30-02 44
       RE: spelling is fixed toddE 10-30-02 45
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... SurvivinDawg 10-31-02 46
   RE: Paratrooper's pick.... ulalame 10-31-02 57
 Changed Again! DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 10-31-02 47
   RE: Changed Again! And Again! sweetpea 10-31-02 50
       in addition DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 10-31-02 56
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... fivestarwheezy 10-31-02 48
   RE: Paratrooper's pick.... SurvivorStef 10-31-02 52
       RE: Paratrooper's pick.... toddE 10-31-02 55
           Snewser blacknwhitedog 10-31-02 58
               RE: Snewser SurvivinDawg 10-31-02 62
                   RE: Snewser blacknwhitedog 10-31-02 65
 RE: Paratrooper's pick.... belaf 10-31-02 59
 New Chuay Ghan Picture Q 10-31-02 63
   RE: New Chuay Ghan Picture Outfrontgirl 10-31-02 64
       RE: New Chuay Ghan Picture Q 10-31-02 66

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-02, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
If you're not going to put the actual NAME of Paratrooper's pick in your post, then why did you label it "don't read if you don't want to know?" I *did* want to know, and your post does not tell me. Even someone who did NOT want to know could safely read your post.

But, y'know, thanks for the lovely link that I already have bookmarked.

Having a very bad day and it's only 9 am...look out

10-30-02, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
>If you're not going to put
>the actual NAME of Paratrooper's
>pick in your post, then
>why did you label it
>"don't read if you don't
>want to know?" I
>*did* want to know, and
>your post does not tell
>me. Even someone who
>did NOT want to know
>could safely read your post.
>
>
>But, y'know, thanks for the lovely
>link that I already have
>bookmarked.
>

Wow. I must really be a total idiot. Thanks for making me feel so welcome here.

I chose not to put the name in there after last week's very long and controversial thread regarding whether or not to reveal these picks. I'm really sorry the two extra clicks it takes to reveal the answer is so hard on you.

Anybody else wanna take a shot at me? I'm thinking about starting a new thread at bashers for your convenience--

W.

10-30-02, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
Thanks for making me feel so welcome here.

Anyone can tell you I am not a member of the Hospitality Wagon. Anyone could also tell you I am not in the habit of flaming anyone but realityTV media whores. I don't have a problem with you. I don't even KNOW you. I have a problem with your *actions* in this one particular instance, and I told you so. Don't mistake that for a personal attack, mmmkay?

I chose not to put the name in there after last week's very long and controversial thread regarding whether or not to reveal these picks.

Yes, and the result of that thread, unless I am very much mistaken, was that someone was welcome to post the name of Paratrooper's or ABT's or Snewser's pick, as long as you had to actually click into the post to see it. You complied with that part, but when your subject line claims to give us Paratrooper's pick, and then all you do is give us directions on how to get to his site, what exactly is the point of posting this? Why take the trouble of making sure you don't "spoil" it for a casual reader by putting ample space in the body of the message to ensure that someone has to click into the thread to see the name, when all you're going to do is give us the link to PT's site?

I'm really sorry the two extra clicks it takes to reveal the answer is so hard on you.

Aside from the fact that others, including myself, seemed to be having problems with the rather unwieldy site, the point of posting something like this on the SB Spoiler board is to share information, so that we don't HAVE to go to someone else's site and dig for it. We all have PT's website address. If I wanted to go to the site, I could, at any time. YOU purported to be ready to TELL us who PT's pick was, and you didn't. So why post?

Anybody else wanna take a shot at me? I'm thinking about starting a new thread at bashers for your convenience--

Wow. One person criticizes something you do and suddenly it's "pile on wheezy" day? You must be having a worse day than I am.

"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value." -- Arthur C. Clarke

10-30-02, 04:25 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
"You must be having a worse day than I am."

I doubt that's possible. But there you go...that's the spirit! I know deep down you really do care about me. And my day is going really well, actually.

Listen, Samiam, I really want to squash the beef with you (to use the words of a true peacemaker, Robb). I'm sorry you feel I posted the thread wrong. I've made changes to the original post, though I'm sure you are muttering that it's too late now. I will try to improve my *actions*. Please forgive my shortcomings as I strive to be a better spoiler.

5*Wheezy

10-30-02, 10:12 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
And I take your apology in the spirit in which it was given. *grin*

"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value." -- Arthur C. Clarke

10-31-02, 08:03 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
thanks--

(hope you have a great day)
Wheez

lionsroar 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-31-02, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lionsroar Click to send private message to lionsroar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
Wow...I'm gonna hold my tongue/fingers since I would hate to be unable to post on this board anymore for making a personal attack on a poster...especially one that has over 1000 posts. I will certainly agree though that you are not a member of the hospitality wagon. I sure am glad you are able to be kind and tender on yourself at least when describing yourself cause I certainly wouldn't have chosen those words to describe your *actions* mmmmkay?

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
Paratrooper appears to be pulling an snewswer this week, and the name of his pick is slightly encrypted. If you look at the properties, you can figure it out.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-30-02, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-02 AT 11:23 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-30-02 AT 11:07 AM (EST)

Which box? The Sookie Boot # 6? Also apparently sookies will lose another member at 7.

edited again to remove the name listed (if I even figured it out right) in deferance to the thread poster.

D.R.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-30-02, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
It appears that I am not intelligent enough to "figure out" this clue.

Oh well. Anyone wanna give me a hint?

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-30-02, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-02 AT 12:40 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-30-02 AT 12:34 PM (EST)

Here is the URL address for the episode 7 boot photo:

Edited again to say right click on the box and go to properties and you should see the URL address.

Notice "sxxxxn".

I guess this is supposed to be Shii Ann, though there are not enough x's to represent the missing letters.

I compared the URL adresses of the other boot photos, and the names are not included.

I am not sure that we can conclusively say that this is Paratrooper's pick yet.

Edited to say sorry if you can't see the URL address. I can't on my computer.

bebe

sweetnvicious 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-30-02, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetnvicious Click to send private message to sweetnvicious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
i'm not smart enough either...i don't even see properties when i right click

sharking49 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-30-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharking49 Click to send private message to sharking49 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
I tried right clicking and hitting properties and I still can't figure it out.

*Man is an island of ignorance.*------Lovecraft

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
I can't click on the picture at all. Can someone at least describe what comes up when you get to Properties?

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-30-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
You must right click on the *empty picture* to get the clue.

Even so, isn't there one too few "x"'s there?

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-30-02, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
I agree with Sam (sans any interpreted negative tones).
The wording on the opening post was misleading.

Also, I don't think anyone should encourage SNewser, Paratrooper (or the herds to follow) to start a weekly "guess MY picks".

Could someone please put Paratroopers guess in this thread. This message board is for spoiling and solving the puzzles of Survivor, not solving the puzzles of spoilers.

BI

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
Paratrooper has made his picks know this same way each week. Here are the properties of the placeholder for Episode 7-

wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/survivor5/photos/survivors/sxxxxn/sm_2_x.jpg

In bold is his pick.

10-30-02, 01:04 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
Thank you true.
Each week the name is imbedded in the url. After the episode airs, I'm guessing paratrooper saves the photo to his hard drive and renames it, without the pick's name (which I think is why the Robb pic and all the others from previous weeks don't have the name clue anymore).
I can't explain the missing x. Maybe it's a typo. I have no idea. I just noticed it this morning while browsing, checked to see if anyone had posted it, saw that no one did, waited a little longer, and still it did not get posted. I know it wasn't there yesterday, 'cause I was looking for Ep 5 & 6 photos and the photo box wasn't there.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
***LAYS A BIG WET SMOOOOOOOCH ON BIG IDIOT FOR THE FOLLOWING***

"Also, I don't think anyone should encourage SNewser, Paratrooper (or the herds to follow) to start a weekly "guess MY picks"."

Thank you Big Idiot, the alpha geek - hacker wannabe crap needs to GO. Just make your damn picks and be done with it. If your gonna play little cyber geek games at least make them challenging and worthwhile.

I told all you guys that Snewster was fvckin with us, but nooooooooooo everyone wrote it off as Snoochie's just ranting again, Snoochie had too much coffee today , Snoochie's a Snewster basher.

So HA! I'm right you're wrong, nananananana.

Snoocharoo

"So I'm a shadow boxer baby..."

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-30-02, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
I believed you Snoocharoo.

I'm still picking Ken. It's just a scrambled URL, could put anyone's name and it will take you back to CBS. His other pics are linked to his site. So I don't know how much he knows or doesn't but it sounds like his personal guess, and next week I'll put a pic of my A-- on my site and will have it link to Shii Ann's pic as a clue of the next "BOOT-Y". Unless of course she's gone tomorrow.
And I really only wanted to say "how's the brown dog"?

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-02 AT 12:42 PM (EST)

Gosh I must be a freakin' idiot I can't figure it out... of course I do need caffeine.....

what the heck is this supposed to mean?
http://wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/survivor5/photos/survivors/sxxxxn/sm_2_x.

add a jpg there at the end

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-30-02, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
Look at the link of the picture--the clue is:

"sxxxxn"

Which I read as Shii Ann, although there aren't enough X's.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
OK, I must be a total idiot! (flame if you must) but I right-clicked on the empty box,and clicked on properties, but I didn't get the name! Please ruin it for me! I can't stand the suspense!!!!!!

10-30-02, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "INSTRUCTIONS : FREE OF CHARGE"

1) Stay right here and don't go anywhere until you read this entire set of instructions
2) In this very thread, scroll up(arrows on right of your screen moving towards heaven, not down to hell) up, up to post #9 by Bebekid.
3) Notice the two empty picture boxes? They are the squares with red Xs in them.
4) Put your pointer (do I need to define pointer?) on one of the boxes, and RIGHT CLICK on your mouse. A drop down list should appear, and scroll down to the last line and you are at "properties".
5) Open "properties". It is a file and on that file the URL will have a sequence of words seperated by / symboles. Write them down!
6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 on the next picture.
7) Compare the two addresses. Bebekid was kind enough to show the difference in the two URLs.
8) Everybody, thank BebeKid, and "EVERYBODY WANG CHUNG TONIGHT!'

AND DON'T BELIEVE EVRYTHING YOU READ IN URLs! If you run out of electronic fun, take the Beatles "White Album" and play it backwards. I think it has the name of the final survivor.

10-31-02, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: INSTRUCTIONS : FREE OF CHARGE"
Hey...was the walrus Paul???????

Snoocharoo

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-30-02, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "$hit"

ok. i'm having a real problem figuring the name out. can/will someone PLEASE make a damn post with the name clearly stated in it? could wheezy do it since wheezy started the thread?

i have been out of work and sitting at home for almost 2 weeks with a severe case of the flu and strep throat. i only have occassional periods during the day that the medication levels off and i can think intelligently.

this site has been one of the few places that i can occupy my time and feel connected during my quarrantine, but this thread is requiring way too much effort for me. i just can't do it. but i DO want the information.

=================================================================
"dying a slow and painful death which has apparently killed my braincells in the frozen tundra of the US known as new hampshire..."

10-30-02, 02:05 PM (EST)
24. "RE: $hit"
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-02 AT 02:14 PM (EST)

This is the URL. After the word 'survivors/' is sxxxxn. This could or could not be interpreted as Shii Ann, or Shiann, or shiian. This is the first time that I can remember that he didn't just spell out the whole name. Maybe it's just a trick. The show airs on Halloween, after all.

If you use your mouse to right click on the box above, a window comes up. About half-way down (inside this box) is a long string of letters starting with http. Others have posted the URL above- you may want to read thru the thread again. When I tried to cut and paste, the box appeared.

10-30-02, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Gotcha"
in my drug induced stupor, i thought we were to click on the properties for the PAGE. I didn't even think to go down and look at the properties for the PICTURE. FEELING.STUPID

sxxxxn
1 more letter and it could be Shii Ann.
1 less and it could be seven (as in episode 7).

franksantlers 32 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail franksantlers Click to send private message to franksantlers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Thanks Wheezy"
If it's any consolation, I immediately figured out Shii Ann by lookind at the URL. Your message was pretty clear to me.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
This is confusing to me.
I'm too lazy to search it out, but didn't Paratrooper previously declare Shii to be one of the final 3 or something like that? How can she be next according to the same "source?"

DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-30-02, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to send private message to DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
could the sxxxxn possibly stand for something else?

10-30-02, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
That's an interesting question. It seems to obviously be her, but there are a couple of glitches:
Previously stated in this thread, in past weeks, Paratrooper has just typed out the name, not with the xxxxx's in the middle. Since there is no one else who's name starts with s and ends with n, what is the point of the xxxxx? It's not like anyone couldn't figure that out. Also, there is one letter missing. This seems like a simple typo, but the two things together make me wonder.
Finally, like I said above, Paratrooper originally said Shii was one of the final three and maybe the winner. Now he says she's going this week.
I can't think of an alternative explanation for what sxxxxn could mean, so I did vote her as going this week. On the other hand, people (snoocharoo for one) who have posted to this thread have then voted for Ken in the voting thread, so they must not be totally convinced by this tip.

10-30-02, 04:34 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
These stupid games are pissing me off...what is up with this code b.s.? And why the contradiction on Shii?

Sxxxn has to stand for something other than ShiiAnn, I cannot buy into the "typo" theory, Paratrooper is too smart that.

Snoocharoo

10-30-02, 04:40 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
I have an uneasy feeling about it too. Time to put our thinking caps on.

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-30-02, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
The Early Show has Shii Ann listed as 'Shi Ann'.
Shi Ann = sxxxxn
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/08/13/earlyshow/series/survivor/main518556.shtml

Perhaps that is Paratroopers connection?
Anyways I personally think he is just having some fun with the spoiler community.
Last week he threw up Jan as a possible pick and in week 3 he had pictures of
Shii Ann posted at tribal council.
I am sure he/she is enjoying all the chatter out here..

10-30-02, 06:05 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
Only one thing to do then, right? Substitute the other contestants names instead of the Sxxxxxn, cause you could type "#####" instead and until you have the right word you will not get a pic. Upload every possibility, and you will get a picture from CBS of whoever's name you typed because it is their picture link, but the file extension on their main pics is /main_pic.jpg. So that could be changed too, since it is /sm_2_x.jpg here, or picked up on a different page.

I understood what I said!

franksantlers 32 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail franksantlers Click to send private message to franksantlers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
"...but didn't Paratrooper previously declare Shii to be one of the final 3 or something like that? How can she be next according to the same "source?"

Well, PT also mentioned Penny as a final three, so it isn't too contradictary.

I think the thread starter is someone who is very familiar with computers. If any of you reading this haven't figured it out, it's not because you lack any intelligence, it's just that those of us who work with computers and websites, can read URLs better.

10-30-02, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
Just out of curiosity, since I didn't follow any of Paratrooper's picks -- have they all been correct?

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
I don't think PT has exactly made official picks, more like clues...

Last week he put up placeholders for one from each tribe, and Robb was for SJ.

The fire on Shii Ann's intro pic--he intimated she would go farther, back when we were voting for her early on. Well, she did go farther. Now he is hinting she's completed her story arc, I think.

But then I would think that because I've already been saying that for days, and we tend to believe confirmation of our own theories and resist evidence that we are wrong. Except for when we are waffling and feel we are wrong, and are anxious to get pointed somewher better of course.

So if you believe it's Ken you probably think it's important that there aren't enough x's for her whole name and if you think it's Shii Ann you say "oh well--who else could it be?"

Does Paratrooper KNOW everything about the show? I for one don't think so, but I think sometimes he has selective info, and he rarely publishes something as definite when he's not sure. On the other hand, he's not always sure, and he has been known to change his mind.

That's only my guess.
btw, I don't see anything wrong with webmaster spoilers playing with their picks and having some fun. If you don't like it, ignore it.

MB plays games; it's inevitable that some people who want to outwit his game will play games of their own. The sport of spoiling attracts people who like mysteries.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
Maybe it is

Sxxxxn = SJErin

of course that would suck b/c out of the remaining players she is one of my favorites...

I was thinking maybe SJKen but there is one to many x's

10-30-02, 09:47 PM (EST)
38. "Interesting"
I think that it's good for us to consider looking at these alternative ways of decoding PT's hints.

However, I doubt that Erin will go this week. I don't think she's had enough face time and she hasn't had anything happen that she needs to be redeemed for yet. If MB were to boot her without giving her some face time he would probably lose all of the heterosexual male viewers (that don't buy into the theory that she is actually a male by birth).

10-31-02, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Interesting"
I agree that its doubtful Erin will go this week, but remember another player with little face time and a boot...

ZZZoe!

We havent had an unedited boot yet. Maybe it is time. But at this junction in the game, would that make for good TV?

D.R.

10-31-02, 10:40 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
Yeah, I thought of "Sgt. Ken", if he's a sergeant in the police force, which I don't know, but I doubt.

Naah, it's too stupid.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-02, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "Playing Spoiler Games"
Ditto, Outfrontgirl!

and <---(((Outfrontgirl)))---> smooch.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
I just want to say that I feel really enlightened now.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Paratrooper's record"
I don't know about the first two episodes as I didnt follow what he did then. From Jed on he has added the pic links for the tribe/person who he believes is next. The picks have generally been late in the day Thursday, but sometimes earlier. The last two the names have clearly been identified with no "x"'s, but part of a subdirectory reference. Jed's was x'ed in the same manner as the current one. I expect it is shiann one word, but others can argue otherwise if they choose. From jed on he has been absolutely correct, even when others have picked differently. In particular I have noted that paratroopers picks have been up before Snewers, and on the two occurences when Snewser changed his pick I have wondered if he simply copied it from Paratrooper once paratrooper posted his pick.

The one exception to all of this was last week when late in the day he posted a second link for Jan to go along with the Robb link that was up much earlier (the jan link had question marks on it and he did not remove the Robb link). Why he did this I don't know, because he like Snewser posts no reasons for their picks simply the person they beleive is going.

As far as how to weigh it, I think it is not prudent to discount it completely. In the same manner it is foolish to discount Snewser either... your odd simply are not very good.

-ICB

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Paratrooper's record"
I find PT's supposed pick to be a bit obvious at first glance..that is one reason why I am a little hesitant to believe it is Shii right away...I think there is some sort of catch or something..I mean Snewer's little code last week was a bit less obvious at first glance..so that is the difference I guess

However PT is very reliable..although I am still confused cuz it basically alludes to the fact that he thinks Shii makes the final 3...so i am really confused....

10-30-02, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Paratrooper's record"
Thanks for the excellent explanation, ICB!
It's good to get the detailed history, as I have not followed PT's site very closely--I find it a little hard to look at. (I usually hear his picks over here.)

It seems then that these are actual picks (contrary to what I said above) and some of the other references on the site to things that are "interesting" are more teasers--perhaps answers he chooses not to reveal yet, perhaps areas he has yet to decide upon.

As you said, when he gives a pick, it doesn't make much sense to ignore or deny it, given his track record. Maybe he's keeping it cryptic for now because it's early and he wants to give people a nudge in the Shii Ann direction but not totally ruin their fun if they want to run with Ken, Jan, Erin, etc..

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "spelling is fixed"
The URL now reads...

wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/survivor5/photos/survivors/Sxx-Axn/sm_2_x.jpg

He's been very accurate so far, but known to change his "picks".

10-30-02, 11:26 PM (EST)
44. "RE: spelling is fixed"
Just went there to grab the URL--and it's different again--now it has her last name too

http://wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/survivor5/photos/survivors/SxxxAxxHxxxx/sm_2_x.
This link wont work if you click on it--I removed the jpeg at the end to get it to post properly.

10-30-02, 11:55 PM (EST)
45. "RE: spelling is fixed"
Well, I guess Paratrooper has been reading this thread.
Too bad, he/she seems really sure Shii is history.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-02, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
Personally, I think Paratrooper is just playing us with this URL business.

Paratrooper has NEVER played around like this with the URLs. Usually he puts the pic up late Thursday.

I am wondering if he's really just playing everyone for lemmings. It wouldn't be the first time, and Paratrooper wouldn't be the first person to do something like this.

*waves at OFG*

Of course, as OFG said, we have a tendency to twist facts to suit our theories, not the other way around...

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-02, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
I was thinking the exact same thing, Dawg!

After all the angst I've put myself through over the "source" in the past weeks, it'd be a real kick if he played us for once, instead of everybody playing the "source." Of course, I did vote for Ken, and as OFG said, it's human nature to try to bend the evidence to support our own theory.

I guess at this point, there's nothing we can do but wait. It's not over until its over, right?

10-31-02, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to send private message to DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "Changed Again!"
It now reads "SxxxAxxHxxxx"

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-31-02, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Changed Again! And Again!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-02 AT 09:32 AM (EST)

He now has also added a place holder for the 8th boot from Sucky but with no name code.

Nevermine, it's gone now.

10-31-02, 11:12 AM (EST)
56. "in addition"
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-02 AT 11:16 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-31-02 AT 11:14 AM (EST)

Mr. Trooper has also added

~(what will tonight's boot wear for Halloween?)

A DEVIL COSTUME!~

Gee...you think he thinks Shii Ann is going?
*smirk*

edited after learning how to spell

edited again for correcting spellings in previous edit message regarding spelling...

10-31-02, 07:30 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
Just suggesting to anyone who cares a lot about this pick: check paratroopers site again after 5 or 6 pm eastern. If I remember right, his pick for Jed was an eleventh hour change, or something like that. The link to his site is in message #1 of this thread. Remember to hit 'refresh' if you have the page bookmarked.

Shout out to batty Jan whose birthday ironically is today :-0

Wheezy

SurvivorStef 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-02, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorStef Click to send private message to SurvivorStef Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
I don't know if this has been posted, but the Survivor News site has a little icon of a smoking devil on the spoilers page under today's date.

Is this a Shii Ann pick?

10-31-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-02 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

I just checked it out, and it certainly appears to be a smoking Shii Devil pick. I wonder why so early? Doesn't Snewser usually post pick at 5 p.m. Eastern Time?

Edited to add: It is red, in the same position as each weekly pick, so this seems to be his choice, but I'm no expert. Can someone verify if this is/isn't the Snewser pick?

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-02, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "Snewser"
Yes, there is a little red smoking devil with horns and the text
Happy Halloween to my favorite network. You know I love you.

His thanks to CBS for the Halloween tie-in for the Shii-devil to go tonight perhaps?

blacknwhitedog
It's just a show, I should really just relax...mst3k

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-02, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Snewser"
As belaf said: Could this be a "trick or treat"??? Could SNewser be "tricking or treating" us by saying the exact opposite of what he means, ditto for Paratrooper?!?!

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-02, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Snewser"
Now it says
Happy Halloween to my favorite network and my favorite player. You know I love you.

blacknwhitedog
It's just a show, I should really just relax...mst3k

belaf 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-31-02, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail belaf Click to send private message to belaf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Paratrooper's pick...."
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-02 AT 01:21 PM (EST)

Very nice trick or treat for tonight's picks. I just hope paratrooper is not pulling a trick on this hallowed eve! hhmmmm...

10-31-02, 01:53 PM (EST)
63. "New Chuay Ghan Picture"
Now he has a picture of a platform in a cave. We have not seen this on the show. Does Ken make the merged tribe construct a new "hut" for the Huts.

Could history repeat itself? Could they spend all their time building again. The Chewies might not mind, since they never had to build one before, but if they have a cave, who would demand a shelter be built.... Ken?

Thoughts anyone? I need as many as I can get

D.R.

10-31-02, 02:39 PM (EST)
64. "RE: New Chuay Ghan Picture"
Survivor maps identifies a third camp for the merged tribe.

I spec'd on my merge thread that these shots of the two tribes walking in line MAY be on the way to a new camp.

They are wearing different clothes than the IC (unless the color has been faked, Brian has on an aqua shirt, but it's gray at IC).

I will believe the merge camp is at CG when I see it. I think that Shii Ann is visiting in the vidcaps.

Meanwhile, I'm doing the happy dance that PT and Snewser are going for Shii Ann and that for once I got my pick up early enough to beat them to their announcement. Most weeks I don't make up my mind so far in advance of the show.

I guess that means I think they aren't playing with us...
But then I WOULD think that, because I WANT to!

10-31-02, 04:07 PM (EST)
66. "RE: New Chuay Ghan Picture"
Thanks OFG, It was a good read.

Also, I too am glad I voted early this week. I think my NY sense and Smoking sense just tingled too much to avoid a shii boot. (if not for the smoking sense I posses, Ken would have been my choice).

But once I got over the Shii not making up in the LL idea, due to the fact that shii would most likely just end up annoying Jeb, Steph and Rob even more there, so mean comments do not mean they did not meet up in the LL only that they avoided eachother like the plauge.

D.R.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •