The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"the humane aspect - gets one voted off?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

surface10sion 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail surface10sion Click to send private message to surface10sion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"the humane aspect - gets one voted off?"
i dunno, aside from the lots of air time a person gets in the ep where/he she gets the boot, someone eventually gets voted off when the show reveal some of his/her more humane side/true personality/change in character in that ep:

cases in point:

ramona: lazy at first, the episode she gets voted off she tried to make it up... and there was this crying with jenna.

robb: well he was awakened from his experience in tarutao...obnoxious, rude and irritating at first, he tries to make it up during his last episode... again he cries and has heart to heart talk with the SJ tribe.

stephanie: again, tries to make up for her loner existence.

frank (s3): when it was time for him to go...you see him immatating an elephant and after that talking about his personal beliefs and opinions about some "outside world" issues.

there are still others which i can hardly recall, but i also noticed this on other reality-vote-someone-off-to-win-lots-of-money shows.

anyone noticed this trend too?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: the humane aspect - gets one vo... janisella 10-25-02 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-25-02, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: the humane aspect - gets one voted off?"
Just wondering - did you read these boards before posting?

The trend to which you're referring is commonly called "redemption" here on the boards.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •