The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sookie - food and games"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sookie - food and games"
2 Questions with not so obvious answers

1 - Why did SJ kill another chicken when they could have saved the protein?

2 - How did Shii Ann screw up the brain puzzle?

My answers

1 - They know that the merge is coming and don't want to waste a reward victory by feeding the other tribe.

2 - Shii Ann was still p1ss3d at Robb (2 b's) and threw the challenge. She wanted to lose to vote him off. Now, she may have forgiven Robb, but she hasn't forgotten his prior behavior.

Thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sookie - food and games MattyMax 10-25-02 1
   RE: Sookie - food and games big idiot 10-25-02 2
       RE: Sookie - food and games PepeLePew13 10-25-02 3
           RE: Sookie - food and games Q 10-25-02 5
               RE: Sookie - food and games PepeLePew13 10-25-02 6
           RE: Sookie - food and games big idiot 10-25-02 8
           RE: Sookie - food and games Brownroach 10-25-02 9
           RE: Sookie - food and games Bucky Katt 10-25-02 10
       RE: Sookie - food and games Boilermaker 10-25-02 4
           RE: Sookie - food and games erikman 10-25-02 7
 RE: Sookie - food and games Seyz 10-26-02 11
   RE: Sookie - food and games OceanSkater 10-28-02 13
 RE: Sookie - food and games MDSkinner 10-28-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-25-02, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sookie - food and games"
I don't think Shii threw the puzzle. She looked genuinely upset when she realized they lost. Her mistake was taking 3 sticks at 9 instead of 1, which would have assured the victory (or 1 for the first move, which would have automatically won if she knew what she was doing).

Shii is good at puzzles, but I think that she found one she wasn't familiar with and made a mistake. (As opposed to the temple puzzle, which she was familiar with and let others screw it up.)

MM

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sookie - food and games"
If my understanding of Thai-21 is correct (to be the one to remove only the last pole), then the winning opening move is not taking 1 pole, it is taking 3 poles.

If you took 1 pole on your opening move then I would take 2 poles on my move. On all my next moves I would remove "4 minus the number of poles removed on your turn", resulting in my victory.

Is this correct?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-25-02, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sookie - food and games"
No... as already alluded to on another thread here, the safest way to guarantee a win (if you're the team that goes first) is to take ONE flag.

Then you just follow what the other team does to make sure that FOUR flags are taken each turn in total between the two teams.

First team = 1
2nd team + 1st team = 4
2nd team + 1st team = 4
2nd team + 1st team = 4
2nd team + 1st team = 4

That leaves 4 left to be picked.

2nd team takes 1, 2 or 3, leaving the difference for 1st team to win with.

Also, I've already suggested on the East Coast spoiler thread that I believe Shii-Ann threw it on purpose so that they could get rid of Robb. Remember that they still haven't had the love-fest around the fire at the time of the IC, so he was still very much driving the others crazy with his despondency and gulping down the bananas even though they agreed to hold off on it and then getting into the head-butting match with Ken and Shii.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sookie - food and games"
In my cold induced fog headed world, I forgot that point Pepe. They did not have the Luv-in yet. Also Shii was saying to the rest of them Help me out, I don't know, etc. and they were all like, Duh, I don't know. So it is possible that she threw the challenge while covering her arse by asking for help from the whole group prior to making a mistake.

Or they just lost, plain and simple. Even Shii might not have wanted to go to the merge even, unless she was planning all along to jump ship to the chewies.

D.R.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sookie - food and games"

>unless she was planning all along
>to jump ship to the chewies.

I'm now slowly climbing into the camp that believes that Shii is the Machiavellian person who will remind us the most of Dicque (as Jiffy or MB mentioned a long time ago) -- and I believe she's very much capable of manipulating the game and keeping her real intentions hidden.

I can see her thinking "I'm probably 5th in the pecking order here at SJ so what do I have to lose by trying to ally with the CGs?" and I'm sure the CGs wouldn't mind at all to quickly gain the upper hand after the merge.

The spoiler that a SJ goes to the final three would work if Shii can hook up with Brian, Ted and Helen (let's say), get Jan and Clay booted after the pagonging of the other 4 SJs... and then she wins a Fallen Comrades IC in the final four to make it to the final 3.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sookie - food and games"
Actually my calculations are correct, it is my assumptions of the winning move that is wrong:

"If my understanding of Thai-21 is correct (to be the one to remove <b>only</b> the last pole)"

Because CG took only one Pole in their final move, I thought that the final move had to be the removal of only the final pole, if this was true then the winning opening move is taking 3 poles.

Oops, right move, wrong game rules.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sookie - food and games"
I kind of doubt that Shii Ann tried to undermine Sook Jai in the challenge just to get rid of Robb. Even though it was before the love-fest, it was after the RC, which Robb won for them pretty much single-handedly, and the Thai feast, and Ken and Robb's talk. Every one was in a good mood, and no one was pissed off at Robb by the time of the IC.

I think what Penny said at TC was completely true: this was the one IC they really wanted to WIN.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-25-02, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Sookie - food and games"
I believe Shii-Ann threw it on purpose so that they could get rid of Robb.

Sorry my Candian friend - disagree with that. I don't think anybody goes into the merge (or perhaps I should say the expected merge) throwing a challenge to make it 5-5 instead of 6-4. Perhaps she is planning on switching alliances at a merge but that is a really risky strategy. If SJ had won the IC, merged afterwards got ridd of CG and Robb she could try and form a three person alliance within SJ. That is a strategy that has a much better chance of winning then switching tribes and hoping you can make an alliance.

"So anyway, that Burmese down the hall is avoiding me. I think she's hot for Bucky." BA

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-25-02, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sookie - food and games"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-02 AT 02:35 PM (EST)

No it is incorrect. The correct strategy is to take one pole the first turn. Then every other turn take the number of poles that added with the number of poles that your opponent selects equals 4. After the 1st move if CG take 1, SJ takes 3, if CG takes 2 SJ takes 2.

Eating the chicken when they did was idiotic. But at this point they are getting close to the merge where they have to share with 10 people instead of 5 or 6.

Edited to say you are quicker than I Pepe.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-25-02, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sookie - food and games"
if they don't want to share with the other trib why are they worryed about the bananas? clay is smarter then we think he was 1st to bring up 4

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-02, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sookie - food and games"
I don't think we'll know until after the game is over whether Shii Ann threw the challenge or not. The way I see it, it benefits her to lose the challenge more, if she's already figured out she's the 5th in an alliance. So if she was planning on switching tribes, Robb would have to leave to prevent a 5-5 tie at the merge when she defects.

Also during the end of the challenge, Shii Ann said abnormally loudly "If they take 2, we've lost". And she kept on repeating it. And it showed Clay kinda perking his ears, and saying "Listen" or something to that effect. Maybe Shii Ann was purposely loud or her body motion was giving away something?? The CG definitely were lost before she said that..

BUt of course.. Shii Ann could have just messed up towards the end of the game, afterall, it seemed like she was the only one doing the thinking on Sook Jai, Everyone in CG was trying to figure it out.

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-28-02, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sookie - food and games"

And she loudly congratulated Clay on a job well done. Which seemed to catch him by surprise.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-28-02, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Sookie - food and games"
If I were in Sook Jai I would have killed the chicken as well, knowing(or at least assuming) a merge was coming.

And I am pretty sure that Shii is not as bright as she thinks she is. She just flat out messed it up. If she did not mess it up, then she is really unintelligent for trying to lose a game where she could have guaranteed herself and her tribe the final four. Now that we go to the merge at 5-5 it is anyones game. I think Shii is smart enough to see that throwing that one IC would be completely ignorant, no matter how pissed she was at Robb.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •