The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
Just thought I'll mention this again, there are no weight loss spoilers whatsoever for SJ. Why is this so?

It's already Day 18. But does anyone notice that SJ tribe members have not lost much weight compared to CG members despite both SJ and CG have spent an equal amount of time on the island?

The reason is simple. Sook Jai has been winning all the food challenges so far. The food auction(CG had a part in it as well), bananas, chicken, Thai feast, wine, etc. Do you think they would have lost much more weight than CG members when they are consuming all these food?

And what about the fact CG are losing their weight by swimming long distances to the water point?

Well, I know many spoilers have pointed to CG leading the way post merge, but I'm still hoping they get pagonged by SJ less Shii Ann of course, would like to see how K/J/P/E play out...

I digress.

Anyway, I was just trying to point out that even if CG make it further, we shouldn't base it all on weight loss spoilers. The 11th and 12th survivors would be voted out at 30 and 36 days respectively, leaving Final 4 for only 3 more days, and I do not think 3 more days(esp at the end) makes much difference when you have already adjusted to the conditions and the body is more likely to lose weight in the initial stages of the game because the body has not been conditioned yet.

My conclusion is that the CG weight spoilers are accounted for by the fact that all the food rewards were won by SJ and the fact that they had to swim to their water point.

Flame me if you want, all CG fans. But I really can't stand CG...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... ulalame 10-25-02 1
   RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... ZJ 10-25-02 4
       RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... ulalame 10-25-02 5
           RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... ZJ 10-25-02 6
       Don't agree with you... snoocharoo 10-28-02 11
 RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... Q 10-25-02 2
   RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... smrtNsassybnkr 10-25-02 3
       RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... OceanSkater 10-25-02 7
       RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... Brownroach 10-28-02 10
           RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... OceanSkater 10-28-02 12
               RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... Brownroach 10-31-02 16
 RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... SurvivinDawg 10-25-02 8
 RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... MattyMax 10-25-02 9
   RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... toddE 10-31-02 17
 RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... Outfrontgirl 10-31-02 13
   RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... ZJ 10-31-02 14
 RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!... SmokeWilliams 10-31-02 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-25-02, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
I don't know if this needed a new thread, but my thoughts, as expressed in the earlier thread, is not just that CG has all the weight loss spoilers and the SJs have none, but that the CGs came home from the game with major weight loss. I believe Steph said she lost 20 lbs while in the game, and Tanya 12 lbs. However, neither of them came home after the 40 days of being away for Survivor, and had their friends/associates comment to the media that they'd "lost a lot of weight"? Why? Because they had time to gain it back before returning to the States.

I still maintain that the CG weight loss spoilers have value--it's not just the amount lost, but the fact that they were still thinner when they came home. To me, this means they were there so late in the game, they didn't have time to gain any back.

Robb definitely was thinner in last night's episode. However, he'll have had three weeks of feasting on thai food to put some of the lost weight back on. Shii is turning into Ally McSkeleton, yet nobody commented on a great weight loss on her part when she got home.

Even with the extra food the Sookies have had, do you really think one chicken between 6 people is why they "don't lose weight?" One whole chicken, cooked with no fat, has no more than 1500 calories; between 6 people, thats around 200-300 calories per person. If you add in two bananas (100 calories each), that still puts them on a 500 calorie a day diet, which is a starvation diet in my book.

So, good question, why don't any of the Sookies have weight loss spoilers? Methinks it's because they all (or mostly all) get booted out in time to gain what weight they lost back, before the end of the game. That--combined with the fact that they were all relatively skinny to begin with--explains it sufficiently in my book, and means that the CG weightloss spoilers still have value.

10-25-02, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
Don't agree with you.

Right now I am not disputing whether CG or SJ make it far in the game. I am trying to establish whether CG weight loss spoilers have to do with the food situation now and the fact they have to swim to the water point.

I am a regular swimmer so I weigh myself before and after swim, I lose a minimum of 1 lb to 3lbs after a 'leisurely' swim and that is definitely a short distance compared to the miles CG swim to their water point. Believe me, they do not only swim to their water point once because that water is simply not enough.

To add to that, dehydration due to lack of water is another major reason to loss of weight. So even before they merge, they have already lost so much weight. Look at Ted, his tummy is reduced. Jan has lost a lot of weight, so has Brian and Helen. Clay I can't tell cos he doesn't take off his shirt.

So I am trying to establish that these guys already lost their weight up til day 18, I also mentioned once your body is accustomed and adjusted to the conditions due to lack of food and water, the body does not lose that much weight anymore in the last few days in comparison to first week or so.

And even for the last few SJ guys are voted out supposing CG goes all the way, it takes a week plus for their body to adjust back. They will not gain that weight for a couple of weeks, by that time, even if they are voted out 9th or 10th, in a couple of weeks, they would have came back already.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-25-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
We'll agree to disagree, then. All I gotta say is that, in past seasons, weight loss spoilers have been some of the most reliable, not just in predicting who makes the merge, but of who makes it deep into the game. If you want to discount them, fine. Only time will tell at this point.

10-25-02, 12:26 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
I repeat, I am not into whether CG or SJ makes it late to the game. My discussion was on whether SJ have no weight spoilers because they had food.
CG had weight spoilers cos they did not have food, did not have water and had to swim.
So if at least one SJ makes it to final 4, i think it all proves my point. The reason that particular SJ member(may be Penny or someone else) has no weight loss spoiler is cos prior to that, SJ have had plenty of food.

That was all I wanted to say.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-28-02, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Don't agree with you..."
Now repeat after me...

Swimming is not condusive to fast weight loss!

Please take swimming out of the equation because the CG's are not doing enough swimming COLLECTIVELY to lose the weight that has been spoiled as an "A" level weight loss spoiler. Webby eloquently outlined "A" level weight loss and "B" level weight loss in the other weight loss thread. Ted has a solid 50+lbs spoiler, Helen has a solid 36 (??)lbs spoiler. Clay has a solid 30+lbs spoiler. Brian and Granny are "B" level spoilers but have validity nontheless. There are zero weight loss spoilers for any SJ because:

1. They have been eating well...regularly. That is the key.

2. Overall SJ as a tribe were all in pretty good shape to begin with. None of the guys had family belly and none of the chicks were "big girls". CG had much bigger people to begin with so it is only simple logic that those with greater mass would lose it faster.

3. They had time to gain it back before any family or friends saw them.

Anyone who has tried losing weight and has resorted to swimming as their weight loss exercise of choice will tell you the same biitch "I've been swimming 2 miles 4 times a week and haven't lost any weight". This is due to bouancy and the way in which the body responds to bouancy and how energy burned in a bouant environment.

"I lose a minimum of 1 lb to 3lbs after a 'leisurely' swim"

Hate to burst your bubble there Sparky but that 1-3lbs is water weight, not mass. Trust me I've been on a diet since 1984, I know ALL the tricks. You get the same results if you run for a mile or do 20 mins on the Precor. The very next time you take a drink or eat something your weight is right where it was.

Snoocharoo

"Love is suicide"

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-02 AT 11:59 AM (EST)

Well It has been discussed in other threads, by me and others, that the weight loss spoilers are good, but only to a point. It shows us who most likely DOES NOT go far into the game (remeber sick, dehydrated, vomiting Tanya lost quite some weight in a short period of time, but would put it back quickly once she got better out of the game). It also eludes to those who make the merge.

As far as I am concerned (and I have a graduate degree in nutrition), once they merge, the weight loss spoilers get much more difficult to use.

Your points about the Sookies eating all the time is good as well.

WE must also take into account that with the volume of food given to this cast in general, there is most likely going to be more rewards of food, ala S2s Colby and Jerri's Honnymoon (sp?) and S4s Pizza and Bear Fest for Boston Rob and Kathy, and may further prevent SJs from losing a lot of weight.

Thoughts? (and Yes Robb, you do not have to answer)

Edited to say that I agree that the Sookies may also not have weight loss spoilers because they do lose quite some weight, but have ample time to gain it back prior to being seen by people in the US.

D.R.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-25-02, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
JP also made a comment about Erin coming home considerably thinner. I don't think there was an actual number of pounds, but rumor has it at least one SJ makes it to the F3. This could be Erin. Penny also is reported to outlast "most" of her tribemates and was reported to have only lost 10 lbs. (note this was in the National Enquirer which isn't exactly a great source, but due to the lack of "embellishment" I think it is VERY possible this is true)

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
Penny is rumored (Enquirer) to have lost weight. Erin already looks way thinner than in the beginning as do a few others.

The ones I read returned home thin, were :
1) TED~ " a considerable amount" of pounds lost which is .....what....on him?
2) Jan~ no amount quoted but in StPetersberg (?) newspaper, dated mid August.
3) Erin~ " a significant amount" according to Jeff Prost in a radio interview, mid august in Arizona (was he visiting Robb?)
4) Helen~ 35 pounds, quoted by Navy sources, Providence newspaper.

Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants TO DIE!!!!!!!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
>JP also made a comment about
>Erin coming home considerably thinner.

He didn't quite say that, that I recall. He remarked, generally, that if a person has implants, her chest does not get any smaller as she starts losing weight, and that there was one such contestant in S5. But he was talking about appearance during the game, not what Erin looked like when she came home.

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-02, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
Thanks for the clarification. I am quoting what was quoted from a radio source. I did NOT hear the interview myself.

And yes, Erin looked thinner by week 2, and at first I thought her ta tas had grown, while on the most women, weight loss would also show up in the breasts as they are made up of fat. Just thought I'd calrify that. By the same token there are no excercises to make them grow, lack of muscles to build there. So I hear...,

I recommend Victoria's Secret push up bra, comfortable, lightly padded, lifts up and in, delightfully enlarging to the naked eye.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-02, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-02 AT 11:08 AM (EST)

OSkater, you might be quoting something different, then. The only comment I recalled from JP was the one I mentioned, which I think was also from a radio interview, and he didn't mention Erin by name but it was clear who he was referring to. But maybe there was another remark in another interview that I'm not aware of.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
Okay, ZJ, I won't flame you, but I will give you some friendly advice:

Ignore the weight loss spoilers at your (spoiling and voting) peril.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-25-02, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
I've said it before so I'll say it again.

SJ is an athletic team. Muscle is better food than Fat. The body drops FAT a lot faster than it does muscle. as a result, the loss of fat is a lot more dramatic than the loss of muscle.

This is why I think there are more weight loss spoilers for CG than for SJ. CG is fatter.

MM

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-31-02, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
They certainly are! Not to mention uglier, duller and dumber.

I know, that's a bash not a spoiler.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-02, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
Want to ignore weight loss spoilers?
One word: Kathy!

Last season, even though she had a major weight loss spoiler, many people were sure she was out of there. Every week I heard, oh, she's lost plenty of weight now; maybe she'll exercise at the lodge and keep it off; and so forth.

Wrong. Kathy was in the game 38 days!

Ignoring good spoilers in order to fit a desired outcome or in order not to face an undesired outcome is, as Dawg said, at your cost when it comes to correct predictions.

10-31-02, 08:46 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
I don't care whether my predictions are right or not because I'm not in the prediction game. I simply joined this forum so that I could participate and contribute my thoughts.

SmokeWilliams 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-31-02, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SmokeWilliams Click to send private message to SmokeWilliams Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Weight Loss Spoilers... (Again!)"
Hey what's the deal with creating a new thread!!?? My thread was alive and well, and now it will sleep. Bummer.

No one deserved to win more than Colby!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •