The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-22-02, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
I would like to thank Sleeeve for the opportunity of writing the SOTS for this episode. It was
one of my first posts when I volunteered for this duty and if I would have done my homework and
checked out the previous SOTS I would have 'run for cover'. The creative talents of the users of
this board are tremendous and so very entertaining.

Episode Six

"The Power of One"

or

"The One where Ken Finally Speaks"

Will the Dude roll off into the sunset, will the She-Devil be exorcised from her tribe, or will
the Teacher be expelled from her class? Enquiring minds want to know.

Bootee
I would suggest we start with Krautboy's insightful 'Reverse Logic' discussion. A lot of great ideas
and clear analytical thinking went into this post. Using the spoilers that are still valid Krautboy
makes a good case for Shii Ann being the bootee this week. I would suggest that this is a
must read if you want to make a case for anyone other that Robb being the next boot.

'Were the true tribal leaders revealed at the auction?' is a post by Djandy that discusses who may
be the true tribal leaders. For CG it was obvious that Brian and Ted were the decision makers while Ken and Jake were dominate for SJ. Following that reasoning Krautboy and Brownroach feel Shii Ann is safe this episode due to her protection by Jake.
Jake likes Shii Ann, Jake is the Leader, and Jake will probably continue to protect Shii Ann in EP6.

'The Power of One' thread started by Sweetpea has a few very interesting ideas as to the meaning of
the title. From the 'Power of one member' in a challenge to the possibility of a Merge (One tribe).
FesterFan1 submitted the idea of 'one IC just before the merge. If CG loses, they're dead meat. If they
win, it's a brand new ball game'.

IC / RC

Tempers flair during a reward challenge in which the prize is a Thai Feast
...competing harder for food and bearing their souls.

Episode 6 Vidcaps brought to us by Producer and Bungler.

Challenge speculation from Survivor Fever.
Giant slingshots are used by designated tribe members to shoot Takraw balls up in the air to an area
where the other tribe members jockey for position to catch the Takraw balls with the 'Jai Alai' type
stick-baskets.

MattyMax and Krautboy speculate here that SJ wins the reward challenge.
There also are some questions concerning what might be the purpose for the 'black' ball.

Long Term Spoilers

The 'Weight loss Spoilers are now useless' debate started by SmokeWilliams continues. The consensus seems to be that the CG tribe members still have weight to lose and are therefore safe.

Sweetpea's thread from the National Enquirer states that Penny does not win the $1 million.
Of course if it stated that she did win I am sure that lawsuits would be flying all over the place. DriveMyCar noted that the part that stands out is that Clay is reported to have attended the wedding.

SurvivinDawg gave us a great summary on 'Ghandia's Stars'. It is a good read and may be helpful with predicting who will get booted in the next few shows.

Episode 7 Title "Assumptions" by Boilermaker
A seventh contestant is voted off the island.

Episode 8: "Sleeping with the Enemy" by Sweetpea
No mention of an 8th contestant voted off.

Miscellaneous

And at Sook Jai Ken and Robb have it out.
Some preview vidcaps from Bungler here.

Merge Scenarios by Dabo. Excellent reading!

Coolwaves' 'Face Time' thread has a lot of merit and proposes some interesting ideas. Some feel that the 'lack' of face time for certain castaways (Erin, Ken, Jake and Ken) means they will go farther into the show while others feel that the low face time is due to the fact that they are boring characters. The answer most likely lies somewhere between the two opposing positions.

Brownroach's 'Despondent Underdog' thread continues into its third week of discussion. Is it Shii Ann, Robb or even Clay. Only time will tell.

One tribe becomes concerned about a teammate after the person exhibits bizarre behavior.
I would be more interested if someone is reported to exhibit 'normal' behavior.

If I missed someone’s input I apologize as there were so many fine ideas posted this week.
Best of luck with your voting.

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... PepeLePew13 10-23-02 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... sleeeve 10-23-02 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Bebo 10-23-02 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... dabo 10-23-02 4
   Wings George Tirebiter 10-23-02 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 10-23-02 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... lroy 10-23-02 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... weltek 10-23-02 7
   Ken as the leader Wacko Jacko 10-23-02 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... SherpaDave 10-23-02 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... katem 10-23-02 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... fivestarwheezy 10-24-02 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... bondt007 10-24-02 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... SurvivaBear 10-24-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-02, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
Bravo... a well-done job of pulling a lot of interesting threads together into a semblance of order on here -- and with my infrequent forays onto the boards in the past week or so, this thread is exactly what I needed to get caught up on things.

I'm still very much on the fence between two people for the boot with a third person being a possibility but my mulling-over probably will go right down to the wire before I'm able to safely predict who might go.

Thanks, Yogi!

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-23-02, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
I must admit that I was a little nervous when you used one of your first posts to volunteer for this job, but you came through in flying colors. Great job, Yogi!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
Thanks so much for being willing to jump into the fray like this! You've done an excellent job pulling things together.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
So glad you didn't run for cover since you did such an excellent job, Yogi. Since we don't have Spoilers Wings to offer --(Hey, GT, we need us some Spoilers Wings)-- here ya go, wear 'em with pride:

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-23-02, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Wings"
Coonhead, I agree li'l Yogi deserves these--SOTS is never easy, and this one is so nicely laid-out (with lovely little synopses, even, for us lazy types!) But the BasherBabe wings were a gift to me from IceCat, so maybe you should beg him.

Personally, I kind of like the idea that these could be a tool to lure more brainiacs to The Dark Side. I bet there's a whole crop of new folk who think Spoilers is all there is--just think what a public service it would be, nudging them to THE place to unload all their frustrations. . . Very therapeutic to be able to get all that disgust out of one's system, donchaknow. . .

Besides, Bashers always has the best recreational consumables. (Should I mention the loose women? )

GT

I won't rise to the occasion, but I'll slide over to it.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
Great work, Yogi! Hat's off to you for volunteering (I'd be petrified), and for finding and weaving all the strands together so coherently.

LOL at "I would be more interested if someone is reported to exhibit 'normal' behavior."

--br

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-23-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
Nice job! You sure are braver then i am!

Meet George Jetson, his daughter lroy

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
Bravo, Yogi! I haven't been able to keep up this season because of my wacky schedule, so I tend to rely on the SOTS. You did a superb job.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-23-02, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Ken as the leader"
Just thought of something here. If ken is the leader of SJ than wouldn't he be smart to orchestrate a Shii boot instead of a Robb boot. My thinking is if SJ losses this weeks immunity that both tribes would be tied and Chuay would go after the strongest male first (for immunity threat purposes). By saving Robb to the merge. Chuay may go after Robb first because Robb is also an immunty threat and probably would be disliked more than ken from the beginning. I was leaning towards Robb first but may pick Shii instead for this reason. It would be smart for SJ to eliminate Shii first.

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
Yogi, I rely on this very heavily every week, and you did an excellent job. I have to say, though, that this is the most unsure I've felt about a landslide vote. I don't know why, but I just really don't think that Robb is going this week. But then, I'm almost always wrong, too.

Criminals From the Neck Up

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
Great job Yogi. Signing up to write summaries and SOTS takes guts, there are a lot of eyes on these boards. You did a great job, congratulations.

AND, thank you, I always rely on SOTS to keep me up to date.

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-24-02, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
Thank you--very nicely done and easy to read.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
Great job, yog-ster... I have had NO.TIME. to look at anything until today, and this is a BIG help. BTW, how's boo boo?

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-24-02, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Six"
Thanks so much! I am another one that has such a hectic schedule that I have not been back to the boards until today. This SOTS really helps me get back up to speed. You did a great job! From on bear to another, WAY.TO.GO.

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •