The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

VanQ 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-22-02, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-02 AT 04:29 PM (EST)

Survivornews.net has this link:
http://www.moremusic104.com/audio/tanya.ram

In the link the interviewer asks Tanya who she would like to see win and who she would not like to win.
She answered JAN for the person she would like to see win, and Robb as the person she would least like to win.

An assumption might be that JAN will make it to the jury and not meet up with Tanya at losers lodge. I believe if Jan had joined Tanya at LL, Tanya might have picked someone else from her tribe, someone that actually made it to the jury.

And she might have also picked someone she knew would not win, maybe someone that she got to know at losers lodge. I dont think that Robb and her would have been best buddies if they met at LL. And that would be a logical pick at her least liked person.

So is Jan safe for the next 2 Tribal councils??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tanya radio interview, possible... Q 10-22-02 1
   RE: Tanya radio interview, possible... VanQ 10-22-02 2
       RE: Tanya radio interview, possible... Q 10-22-02 3
 RE: Tanya radio interview, possible... PepeLePew13 10-22-02 4
 RE: Tanya radio interview, possible... AZ_Leo 10-22-02 5
   RE: Tanya radio interview, possible... Seyz 10-22-02 6
 RE: Tanya radio interview, possible... SurvivinDawg 10-22-02 7
   RE: Tanya radio interview, possible... SuperClyde 10-22-02 8
   RE: Tanya radio interview, possible... ZJ 10-23-02 10
   RE: Tanya radio interview, possible... Bebo 10-23-02 11
       RE: Tanya radio interview, possible... SurvivinDawg 10-23-02 12
       SNN interview with Tanya forehead 10-23-02 13
 RE: Tanya radio interview, possible... Spidey 10-22-02 9
   RE: Tanya radio interview, possible... weltek 10-23-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-22-02, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
Its more likely that she simply Wants Jan to win, not that she will win. But it also implies that Jan does make the merge, or she is simply reacting to current events on the show. We see Jan as the outsider on Chewie, so she is simply stating that she wants the underdog on Chewie to win (this would help her not to give away spoiler material as well, especially if Jan meets up with her in the LL)

The Robb comment is also similiar. She obviously has seen his Sook Jai behavior on TV like we all have and choose a simple answer to that question. I mean who does'nt want Robb to lose this game. Also, even if she met him at the LL, or not this pick would be a simple answer and would avoid spoiler material getting out.

It depends on how it works out.

If Jan and Robb are both booted next, ie they join Tanya at the Lodge, then this simply tells us Tanya is avoiding as best as possible, not revealing the winners of the game, or the jury members.

If Jan and Robb both make the jury, then it is taken at face value, she wants Jan to win and Robb not to.

Thoughts?

D.R.

VanQ 87 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
I agree Q, I dont think Tanya is picking our winner to be JAN. But I do think that she is picking someone from her team that she at least knows has a chance, in that she makes to at least the jury, AND someone she likes.

This is probably one of those things that will only be 'spoilerish' in retrospect. When we can say, 'well Tanya must have been thinking this way to have said she wanted Jan to win'.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-22-02, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
Agreed. However, I am leaning towards what you said...

Someone who has a chance to win.

Because A, I think she does have a chance to win (by making it to the jury) and B, by choosing Robb someone she does not want to win (ie, by picking someone who cannot win, or does not make the jury as she would know)

D.R.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-22-02, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
Sorry to break up the Q-VanQ all-Q commentary.

Let's not forget that Tanya was also asked the same kind of question on The Early Show the day after her boot -- and she said that she'd like to see Brian win if she had to pick somebody to win.

IMO, we can't read too much into what Tanya is saying other than to think that the two people she's named, Brian and Jan, are both quite capable of being safe well into the jury but not necessarily in the final two. Surely Tanya knows who's in the final two (but not the winner) so I don't see her giving it away -- on the other hand, some may read into that as it possibly meaning that both Brian and Jan make the final two (or three in keeping with Paratrooper's spoiler of 2 CG and 1 SJ in the final three).

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-22-02, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
There was a similar interview with Jed Oct. 10 on a local Phoenix station, KDKB. There is no archive so I never posted a link. When asked the same question--who would he like to see win--he said Stephanie and we now know how that turned out. The only other person he had good things to say about was Rob--good guy, watched your back, kept things light when everyone else was plotting, etc. I think they do just name people they liked.

By the way, has anyone ever looked for a pattern to who doesn't get mentioned as a pick to win by past survivors? I'm just wondering if who they don't mention would be more of a spoiler than who they do.

FYI--here's a link to the list of guests on that station to at least confirm he was on.

http://www.kdkb.com/Tim___Mark/Past_Guests/past_guests.html

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-22-02, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
I don't think ANYONE was rooting for Vee to win. She was not only invisible to the TV audience, but also pretty invisible to the survivors themselves.
The only comment that played a part was Sarah commennting on how Vee was the person on her tribe playing the game the best after the merge and how she played seem to works best for the winner or something like that. That was probably a major leak, but Vee was so under the radar, that none of us really thought too much about it.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
While the speculations that Jan makes the jury is plausible from this, I really am not putting a lot into this whole thing.

I put a lot more stock into the fact that Tanya does NOT like Robb. It is possible that they did not meet in Loser Lodge (MB has often let the early bootees go travelling, and Tanya might have been anywhere on the Pacific Rim for all we know), but I would suspect that they did meet and that Tanya developed a dislike for Robb. JMHO.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SuperClyde 87 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SuperClyde Click to send private message to SuperClyde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
I always enjoy this type of speculation - we're trying to figure out what happened based on the answer a contestant gives that's meant to provide information on what she WANTS to happen when she already knows (to some degree) what DOES happen. Here's my speculation contribution:

1. First I figured (like many of you) that Tanya would say she 's cheering for someone she likes who has a chance, but is definitely NOT the winner (or even final two, just to be extra safe). After all, she wouldn't want to reveal the winner or possible winner by stating she's cheering for one of the final two. So we can clearly rule out whomever Tanya says as surviving beyond F3.

2. Then I thought that this would be what Tanya thinks we'd think she'd think (following the Princess Bride logic? I'm going somewhere with this...). In essence, I realized that the logic of point 1, above, would occur to Tanya as it occurs to all of us. So in order to prevent us from eliminating whomever she says as possibly making it to F2 (and, when combined with the fruits of the same logic applied to the answers given by other contestants, being able to figure out exactly how the game does play out) she would HAVE to name one of the F2. But by this logic, by the time the final episode comes we would've had 12 answers to the "Whom do you want to win?" question that consisted of either one in a subset of only two names. Clearly that can't happen because of point 1, above. So what's a booted contestant to do?

3. Then I thought of what I'd do. Because 1 and 2 cancel each other out, I'd go with modified honesty and figure this: Okay, so I've been on Survivor and, of course, I've been watching every episode. I know well exactly how much of the story has been revealed to the viewing public and remember well how I felt about everyone at the time of my boot. At the time I got voted out (read: knowing now only what I knew then), which one of the remaining survivors did I want to see win? If that "pretent you only know up to the last episode aired" strategy is followed by all booties, we get 12 very likely, very varied answers. If that's what they're doing, it worked well for S4 - only Sarah answered that type of question with the winner's name and, to be honest, at the time Sarah was booted up into and even through the period when it looked like Vee didn't have a prayer (tee hee! uh, sorry), I would've agreed with her answer. To me, it looked like Vee WAS playing the game the best out of the people on her tribe. In fact, I've been a loyal spoiler since the days when Gervase had no "X", Colleen and Sean made it to the F4, and Gretchen was black, and the only time anyone's been able to accurately figure out the winner from the answers to these types of questions was then that ridiculous company told us Dirk's "I" = "Rudy"(and we older folk remember how that one turned out).

So, my patient friends, my conclusion ends up being that, based on the comments Tanya made and assuming they were made after the airing of the most recent episode, I honestly now believe that Jan has a solid one in eleven chance of winning Survivor: Thailand; Robb, however, has merely a one in eleven chance of winning Survivor: Thailand. (Actually, I think Robb has a 100% chance of being one of the next two booted - this week if SJ go to TC, next week if not, since the SJ majority of 5 can boot the biggest physical threat while maintaining the 5-4 majority (but this is speculation for another thread...)).

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-23-02, 05:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
I also remembered in her Early Show interview, she said something about "Anyone from Sook Jai", can't really remember what that was, but i knew there was a major discussion that she did not get to know the Sook Jai pple much...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
It is possible that they did not meet in Loser Lodge (MB has often let the early bootees go travelling, and Tanya might have been anywhere on the Pacific Rim for all we know

...Or Robb was the one traveling.

We know that Jed and Stephanie traveled together after being booted. We also know from Stephanie's TV Guide Online article that she considers Robb a friend. Possibly, the three of them traveled together post-boot, but she could not mention traveling with Robb since his torch snuff hasn't been shown yet.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
Bebo! Your brains are showing again... *sigh*

You're reasoning is so accurate that it's almost scary.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-23-02, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "SNN interview with Tanya"
Thought I'd share a link with yet another interview with Tanya.

Just a few excerpts (my minor comments in parentheses):

Tanya: Jed and I became great friends after his boot.

(forehead comment: no mention of travel, but not impossible)

Question: Please describe your fellow castaways.

Tanya: John is a wonderful person. His morals and beliefs make him an honorable man. He is a great friend.

Jed is athletically gifted! He is not lazy at all. He has amazing stories about his life experiences and also has great morals and values. He is a cutie!

Ghandia redefines the word fun. She has a beautiful smile and a wonderful sense of humor.

Steph is also very athletic. She gives 100% in life. She is very unique.

Jan is wonderful. She also has a huge heart.

Clay is hilarious. He cuts up all the time. He has a terrific smile and is one of the funniest people I have ever met.

Ted is very intelligent. He loves to win. He is also proud father.

Brian is a very caring and genuine person. He was like a brother to me.

Helen is a very strong and hard-working woman. She can also be a lot of fun.

(forehead comment: interesting order - first the other bootees up to ep5, followed by Chewies still in the game. Not giving away the next LL resident.)

Question: Watching all the tension at Sook Jai, it seems like you really DID end up on the best tribe despite your earlier misgivings. How do you think someone as obnoxious as Robb would have fared with the more mature tribe that you were on?

Tanya: My tribe would probably not have been able to tolerate Robb's behaviors. They were very mature and had already been discussing how "immature" Robb was in challenges. He probably would have been the first to go if on my tribe.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
Just throwing this out there:

Tanya first said she wanted Brian to win on the Early Show, now Jan. Maybe, just maybe, she was reprimanded for giving the name of one of the final two as the person she would like to see win, so she changes her tune now and says Jan.

Likely just my hopeful thinking because I think Brian is thus far playing great and I am rooting for him to take it right now. Doesn't hurt that he is just about the sexiest survivor ever!!!

(Or she recently went on cbs.com and saw Brian's smarmy audition interview and is all skeezed out by him now.)

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Tanya radio interview, possible spoiler?"
I tend to give little creedence to these comments from booted contestants on who they'd like to see win. We saw "Hunter" choosen several times last season and he didn't even make it to the jury.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •