The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-22-02, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"
Ho-hum. Today’s EYEmail (and only 20 40 minutes old--ugh. couldn't get Mozilla to connect to SB. . .):

Stephanie Snuffed Out!

Stephanie Dill realized too late that she was playing with fire when her independent attitude enflamed the passions of her tribe mates and she became the second member of Sook Jai to be extinguished.

This week, tempers flare during a Reward Challenge and members of a secret alliance fear that other tribe members are on to them on SURVIVOR: THAILAND, Thursday, October 24, 8PM ET/PT.

SURVIVOR Profile:

Clay Jordan, 46, is a married restaurateur from Monroe, Louisiana. He and his wife are childhood sweethearts, married for 26 years, and have two children. Clay enjoys playing golf and brought a golf club and ball as his luxury item.

So—Steph WAS our first same-week profile/bootee.

And I’m not really sure what it means to be Clay’s “childhood sweetheart”—I wonder what a guy who calls his kids “It” and thinks it’s fine to spank them would call the little woman. . . Alas, I fear we have to ponder this guy a while longer before he gets his due.

PREVIOUS PROFILES:
9/17 Erin Collins
9/24 Jed Hildebrand
10/3 NO PROFILE!
10/7 Ted Rogers, Jr.
10/13 Stephanie Dill

PREVIOUS BOOTS:
9/19 John Raymond
9/26 Tanya Vance
10/3 Jed Hildebrand
10/10 Ghandia Johnson
10/17 Stephanie Dill

GT

God must love the common man; He made so many of them. . .

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02 Q 10-22-02 1
   Random? George Tirebiter 10-22-02 2
       RE: Random? Brownroach 10-22-02 3
 just one comment (completely OT) shakes the clown 10-22-02 4
   RE: just one comment (completely O... George Tirebiter 10-22-02 5
   RE: just one comment (completely O... MissSusan 10-23-02 14
 RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02 SurvivinDawg 10-23-02 6
 RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02 jkokoj 10-23-02 7
   RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02 SurvivinDawg 10-23-02 8
   RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02 MC_Hampster 10-23-02 9
       RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02 dabo 10-23-02 10
       RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02 Brownroach 10-23-02 11
           Dead horse George Tirebiter 10-23-02 12
 RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02 PhoenixMons 10-23-02 13
   RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02 TechNoir 10-23-02 15
       RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02 Drive My Car 10-24-02 16
           RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02 TechNoir 10-24-02 18
       RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02 PhoenixMons 10-24-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-22-02, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"
Amazing speed as usual.

Yes it is quite interesting that Steph was profiled two days prior to getting the boot. To me this system just seems random.

Or as Hannibal the Cannible might say...

desperately random, like the elaborations of a bad liar?

Food for thought?

D.R.

10-22-02, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Random?"
I won't pretend to have a grasp on the “logic” behind these picks (I prefer to leave that to the guys who enjoy such brainteasers), but I can say that there has always been at least one such profile each series—last time, it was Sarah Jones, and before that, it was “Mother Africa.”

While I’m grateful when someone makes sense of these profiles, I always approach them as just another of EPMB’s tools for messing with us. . .

GT

If a = b and b = c, then we've got a messed up alphabet

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-22-02, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Random?"
I hope EPMB messes with us by doing two same-week profile/bootees in a row. I can't wait to see Clay get tossed out on its sorry ass.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-22-02, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "just one comment (completely OT)"
”—I wonder what a
>guy who calls his kids
>“It” and thinks it’s fine
>to spank them would call
>the little woman. . .

....it is perfectly fine to spank your kids, although calling them "it" might be a different story. I'm sure you just said it in passing GT, but I'm so sick of people saying that under no circumstances should you be allowed to spank your children. When I was five years old I was expressly prohibited from going to the shopping mall that was 5 blocks and one extremely busy intersection away. Well, I went one day and when I got caught on the way back my mom carried me into the house from the foot of the driveway by my hair where I subsequently received the spanking of a lifetime. And now take a wild guess which five year old never ever went back to that shopping mall without permission?

See, I got spanked all the time and look how I turned out.....wait, maybe that's not the best example.

You better believe that if I ever have kids that I know of I'm gonna beat that crap out of them if they so much as look at me funny, and sometimes I'll beat em just for the hell of it, if I sense them getting too comfortable in their place in life, just to give em a quick reminder who the boss is.

The only time you'll hear the word "timeout" used in my house is in reference to a sporting event.

End of rant.

10-22-02, 05:58 PM (EST)
5. "RE: just one comment (completely OT)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-02 AT 09:30 PM (EST)

As this seems a slow day in Spoilerville, I will run with the OT crap, and thank you for the best laugh I've had all day.

I was never spanked (or even yelled at--can you imagine?) and I never felt a need to hit my kids--but if it makes you feel better, I believe if they'd turned out anything like you, I might've beaten them fiercely and often. Thank you for reminding me that there's always an exception to the rule. (And for injecting some levity into a BO-RING season!)

Now, if only we could combine your penchant for violence with Clay, and create something that would somehow justify a Bashing on the Spoilers forum. . .

GT

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. -Mae West

Edited to giggle with MissSusan, cuz MY dad did that, too (I thought he was uniquely warped!) and to giggle AT PhoenixM. for calling me "Sir." This thread is now officially as silly as the one from UncleFranksAntler's!

MissSusan 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-23-02, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissSusan Click to send private message to MissSusan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: just one comment (completely OT)"
How does dad cracking his belt to make that snap compare with spankings??? He never hit us with the belt, but it always made us giggle.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 06:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"
As ever, thanks for posting, GT.

It is downright scary again that I have to agree with shakes... I'm in the "pro-spanking" category. Now I'm not for "go get a switch off the tree so I can spank you for the next 10 minutes" (like was done to me), but a a couple of good swift pops on the butt to get and hold their attention is NO problem to me at all...

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-23-02, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"
Woo Hoo ladies it is our lucky day...Shakes and Dawg talking about spanking in one thresd!!!!

Thanks GT

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"
Woo Hoo ladies it is our lucky day...Shakes and Dawg talking about spanking in one thresd!!!!

ROFLMFAO! I almost fell out of my chair when I read that. thanks, jkokoj!

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-23-02, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"

Out of curiousity, do people spell thread as thresd on purpose? I really am not trying to be a smart ass, I just see it so often, I'm starting to wonder if it's done on purpose. Or is it just because a and s are next to each other on the keyboard?

Just thought I would continue on the off-topicness of the thread ... or thresd.

-MC

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"
"thesd" is an ongoing joke here at Blows, and it is intentional. To make a long story short, VampKira once said "thresd" by accident (typo), clown made an ongoing gag about it, the rest is history.

SMILES ARE FREE

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"
Actually, Dabo meant that "thresd" is an ongoing joke, not "thesd."

"Thesd" is definitely NOT funny, Dabo.

10-23-02, 06:59 PM (EST)
12. "Dead horse"
Trust me, none of it is--especially here.

And I can't even flog anyone for the hijack, because I gleefully let shakes take me there first. . .

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-23-02, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"
>And I’m not really sure what
>it means to be Clay’s
>“childhood sweetheart”—I wonder what a
>guy who calls his kids
>“It” and thinks it’s fine
>to spank them would call
>the little woman. . .

Guess I'll get in on this for "funsies"...

First, that was the ONE quote that stuck out in my mind from that episode. Oh when I heard that "IT" I was thinking...wha? Who on earth refers to their own offspring as "it" unless "it" is still in utero? Sure as heck no one I've ever met!

And I'm with your Sir Tirebiter...I am not going to dis anyone else for spanking but I just don't believe in it. I'm of the school-of-thought that says "hitting" (spanking, whatever you want to call it) doesn't teach anything positive and is counter-productive to raising respectful, well-mannered, and caring individuals. Of course that doesn't mean that spanked children cannot possess those three qualities...just that I think it's much more difficult. I'd be happy to share my reasoning but don't want to unless asked because I'm not looking for a debate or anything...just thought I'd chime in since things have been slow for the past few days...btw, my husband DOES believe in spanking, so we've had this "debate/discussion" in our house a zillion times...

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"
Pssssst PhoenixMons. Sir Tirebiter is a chick/broad/lady/moll/fillintheblank

as is TechNoir

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"
That is Ms.TechNoir to ya'll

*giggle*

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 05:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"
Ya, but I do answer to "Her Ladyship"

TN

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-24-02, 04:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 10/22/02"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-02 AT 04:14 AM (EST)

"Boy do I feel sheepish, baaaaa"

Thanks for the heads up! I just saw that George and "sir" came to mind - hehehe...it sounded cool ("Sir Tirebiter")!

But thanks.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •