The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Stephanie's TV Guide Article"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-22-02, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Stephanie's TV Guide Article"
http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/insider/021022c.asp

Survivor's Firefighter Gets Burned

Too bad honesty is rarely the best policy on Survivor: Thailand. Last week, Stephanie Dill was the fifth castaway to be voted off Koh Tarutao because, well, she just plum didn't care. "I had pretty much alienated myself from the tribe," she tells TV Guide Online. "I got sick in the first week, I used up my energy, and I got tired and burnt some bridges — like when I told Jan to stick the squid wherever she wanted!"

What turned this 29-year-old firefighter from Fayetteville, Ark., against her Sook Jai tribemates? First, their poor outdoorsmanship. Second, their ouster of her pal, Jed Hildebrand. "For the first four days, I got water and Jed tried to get food," Stephanie recalls. "The other six worked on the shelter. It was a very poor division of labor. I wanted some help on carrying the water because the weather was 115 degrees and wearing me out!

"I was aggravated when they voted off Jed, a strong tribe member who happened to be like a brother to me," she adds. "Since I wasn't in this game for the money, I didn't hide my emotions any. I wasn't trying to fly under the radar, so I pretty much let it go how I felt about that."

In the season opener, Steph and Jed looked quite cozy while commiserating on the beach. She denies any sparks between them, though. "Robb, Jed and I are really close," she chuckles, "but there's not even a thought of romance with them or any other castaways. When you're eating grubs and dead squid, the last thing you're thinking of is snugglin' up and smoochin'. It's gross!"

Post-Survivor, Stephanie has left Fayetteville's firehouse in search of a "faster-paced" life. "Arkansas is pretty small minded," she asserts. "It's a hard place to live. I want to be around fun, open-minded people that aren't quite so judgmental. Like, you could go dancing at a club in L.A. and no one's gonna say anything. In Fayetteville, you go dancing and all of a sudden you're a loose woman! Even if you went home by yourself and didn't drink anything, you'd really get chastised for it."

I added the bold. Since friends' lists have been so helpful in the past, I'm adding this log to the "Robb goes this week" fire.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article PhillyBrat 10-22-02 1
   RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article dabo 10-22-02 4
 RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article OceanSkater 10-22-02 2
   RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article SurvivinDawg 10-22-02 6
       RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article SaphireLady 10-22-02 7
           RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article SurvivinDawg 10-22-02 9
       RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article OceanSkater 10-22-02 8
 RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article GuessItRains 10-22-02 3
   RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article Brownroach 10-22-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-22-02, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article"
One other thing i noticed.. Didn't Stephanie Tell Shii-Ann where to stick the squid and not Jan... Just a typo? lol seems fishy!! =)

And then there were none....

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article"
Transcription error, phonetically Shii Ann and Jan sound similar; and possibly Stephanie's accent confused the transcriptionist as well. Or perhaps the transcriptionist thought Shii Ann was pronounced Shy Ann (or Cheyenne). This sort of thing is what the editing process is about.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-22-02, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article"
So she wasn't in it for the money? OK. She comes home and quits the job she boasts about and holds proudly in beginning of show interviews, as the first female firefighter in Lafayette? Did she get backlash when she got home? I don't see why....she was just bitchy. Now Ghandia leaving her job and town upon return I can see that!
I saw her in an interview with her hair down and slicked close to her face announcing "that yes she does get told she looks like Aniston a lot" (Brad Pitts's wife)
So, my deduction is Steph will be seen around LA going on auditions where "everybody's fun and you can go dancing and nobody's gonna say anything". You're right Steph, they won't even know you EXIST!
Give people one hour of air time on Reality TV and they think they can act and move to LA! Hell, Ghandia is posing for Playboy, she thinketh. Jed probably signed with William Morris and Tanya is rehearsing for American Idol and John got a post at the Crystal Cathedral.
Let's stick them all on Venice Beach on a Sunday, and tell them to act the way they did in Thailand....Survivor LA....better learn to kiss some major ass and get no where!

Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants TO DIE!!!!!!!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article"
OS's post probably belongs on Bashers/Fanatics more than here, but I do want to reply that IMHO this is WAY too harsh on Steph.

In a similar manner to Krusta on BB2, Steph is a small-town Southern girl who gets a glimpse of the big lights and a taste of the fast life. Krusta once remarked that she didn't just want to go back to barkeeping in Louisiana because "now I know there's so much more out there". I think Steph feels the same way. And I give her full credit for going for it!

I would also say that I suspect that her leaving the "Bible Belt" for L.A. where "nobody's gonna say anything" might have to do with her, shall we say, Orientation... but I usually get in trouble for making observations like this, so hold on for the ride...

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-22-02, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article"
Not disagreeing Dawg just wondering why you think a single female with muscle must be gay?

I have no clue whether she is or isn't and am just wondering what makes you think she is?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article"
I am not saying that a woman with muscle *MUST* be gay. In fact, it's her comment itself that simply had me wondering (some people would call this "gaydar" going off, but that's another one of those things that will get me bashed around here, so I won't say it ).

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-22-02, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article"

You are right about my post not being in the appropriate forum.

But IMHO questionning her "orientation" is much harsher than suggesting her move to LA to try to "break into the business". I'm basing my supposition on her spoken words, not on a stereotyped "profile".

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-22-02, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article"
Great find Bebo! I think this is as close as we'll come to a Debb/Diane's friends list, and I agree with your assessment. I'd also add that if you just watched the show and the editing, you would have no idea that Steph and Robb are so close. We saw a lot of Jed and Steph interactions, as well as Jed-Robb interactions early on, but that third connection has been pretty well disguised.

The Robb boot to me is like the Kimmi boot. Some people thought Kimmi couldn't go in E5 because the previews harped on "Don't wave your finger in my face." But EPMB had to hype that up because it made good television. A Ken-Robb fight makes for good TV too and gives the audience what they've wanted since the show aired...a Dood boot.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Stephanie's TV Guide Article"
>The Robb boot to me is
>like the Kimmi boot. Some
>people thought Kimmi couldn't go
>in E5 because the previews
>harped on "Don't wave your
>finger in my face." But
>EPMB had to hype that
>up because it made good
>television. A Ken-Robb fight makes
>for good TV too and
>gives the audience what they've
>wanted since the show aired...a
>Dood boot.

I totally agree, and the Kimmi analogy is perfect. Heated confrontations will always get played up in the preview, to make viewers think the episode is going to be exciting (snore). It doesn't matter if one of the combatants gets the boot.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •