The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A question for spoilers in relation to TC voting"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-21-02, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A question for spoilers in relation to TC voting"
Hey spoilers! I can't access my old account (kmsouthern - I lost my password and my sign-up e-mail address went bye-bye!) and I recently got a new one, mainly to ask this question.

First, I am not a spoiler and I just come here to read what sorts of things people have been able to find out pre-show. That said, I wanted to know if anyone who pays attention to detail (spoilers!) would be able to help me figure this out.

For at least the past 2 episodes (I didn't really notice this until recently) I've noticed that the first person Jiffy asks to vote (that we're shown at any rate) is someone who is a likely boot candidate. This week Shii went first and the week before it was Ghandia. I don't tape the shows or anything, so I have no way of finding out who went to vote first in the previous episodes. I was just wondering if anyone has discussed this before and/or if anyone thinks there could be anything to this idea. Like I said, I'm not a spoiler and I really just watch to show to watch the show (I do tend to notice little things like this though as a result of reading some of the spoiler threads!)...just a thought that was running around in my head.

Also, I assume like everything else, MB (and cronies) edit the order of voting as they see fit. But, I was also thinking that maybe the vote order is not edited and based upon current footage/interaction, Jiffy chooses who he thinks will be the boot to vote first? I know probably way out there and I'm just thinking too much into this........

Any thoughts or helpful info?!?!

Thanks!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A question for spoilers in rela... samboohoo 10-21-02 1
 RE: A question for spoilers in rela... FesterFan1 10-21-02 2
   RE: A question for spoilers in rela... esquire 10-21-02 3
       RE: A question for spoilers in rela... mizpokey 10-21-02 4
 RE: A question for spoilers in rela... Brownroach 10-21-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-21-02, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A question for spoilers in relation to TC voting"
More than likely, it is the editing. There was some recent discussion about the order of the votes. There was also previous discussion and I believe other contestant interviews that indicated that Jeff has about a half hour of Q&A during tribal council -- not everything is used.

It's just good ol MB editing, trying to squeeze as much drama into it as he can.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-02, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A question for spoilers in relation to TC voting"
I think this is likely just coincidence. If memory serves, it's always the person seated at the far end of the group in front who goes first, and they just work their way to the one closest to Jeff. And according to several bootees, the players may sit anywhere for TC, so there's no "hot seat" where players in jeopardy are directed to sit.

I have to say I haven't paid much attention to it, but that's how I remember it.

Fester

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-21-02, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A question for spoilers in relation to TC voting"
while i agree with everything you say, I noticed something that I thought was piculiar during last week's TC. SA was not seated at the end of the row, but she was asked to vote first

mizpokey 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-21-02, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mizpokey Click to send private message to mizpokey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A question for spoilers in relation to TC voting"
and the first time SJ went to TC, Jake was asked to vote first. He was in the middle on the top row if I remember correctly. I noticed it because I too thought it was always just whoever was on the end. Not sure if it matters or not but thought I would point it out.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-02, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A question for spoilers in relation to TC voting"
It seems to me that usually (always?) after JP says, "It's time to vote", he says, "So-and-so, you're up first."

So the first person we see is actually the first person to vote. But after that the sequence is edited based on whose votes they want to show.

But If MB didn't want to show the first voter first in the sequence, they could always cut JP off after he says "it's time to vote." Not sure if they've ever done that.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •