The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Will the boat be found?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-18-02, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Will the boat be found?"
Will CG find it's boat? I suspect they will. And, just as MB "helped" lose the boat by untying it, he'll "help" them find the boat by telling them where it is. That's my Conspiracy Theory for the day (NAILBONE! Name it!) and I'm sticking to it.

Vote change? It's still Georgia 18, Tennessee 13 in Athens.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Will the boat be found? Draco Malfoy 10-18-02 1
   RE: Will the boat be found? SurvivinDawg 10-18-02 2
 RE: Will the boat be found? SurvivorBlows 10-18-02 3
   2 possibilities sorgee 10-18-02 5
   RE: Will the boat be found? SurvivinDawg 10-18-02 6
 Agreed. Cathy the Canadian 10-18-02 4
 RE: Will the boat be found? Boilermaker 10-18-02 7
   RE: Will the boat be found? SurvivinDawg 10-18-02 8
       RE: Will the boat be found? ZJ 10-18-02 9
 RE: Will the boat be found? samboohoo 10-18-02 10
   RE: Will the boat be found? Spidey 10-18-02 11
       RE: Will the boat be found? wendyp 10-18-02 12
       Staged Scenes sleeeve 10-18-02 13
           RE: Staged Scenes SaphireLady 10-20-02 14
               RE: Staged Scenes erikman 10-20-02 15
               RE: Staged Scenes sleeeve 10-20-02 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-02, 07:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Will the boat be found?"
I think it should be a trade offer, like in S2. Jiffy comes to them at some point: "Hey, dumbasses, look what I found. Your boat. I'll give it back, but you have to give me (x)." I'd love that.

But I'm betting they will find it. They made it a point to show us that it's not that far away from them, really.

When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign, all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....

10-18-02, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Will the boat be found?"
In S-2, they SHOULD have turned down JP's food-for-shelter offer. My line would have gone like this.

"Jiffy, we're not giving you the shelter. If you want your viewers to see us suffering out here, then don't give us the rice. Also, you tell us we can't catch and eat the turtles BUT we have to give up our shelter for rice? I think Keith is about to cook some turtle soup that I provide for him."

I think MB wants to avoid a trade this early in the game, especially with two tribes still existing, as it could (rightly) lead to accusations of favoritism. So I think they'll just "find" that boat instead of having to trade for it.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-02, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Will the boat be found?"
Man, talk about seeing conspiracies where you want to -- MB UNTIED THE BOAT?!?!?

...Ted did the most poorest job I've ever seen of tying a boat (and exactly what's the problem with these fools actually pulling the boat OUT OF THE WATER and up onto the beach above the high tide line?) and you think Burnett had to have something to do with it?

-SB

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-18-02, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "2 possibilities"
the way i see it there are 2 very real, main possibilities:

1) ted is a bigger dumda$$ than any of us ever imagined

or

2) mb (or some staff member) realizes how dull this season is and he's trying to spice things up by helping cg "lose" their boat

and let's be serious, both are within the scope of what could happen. i'm not sayin' that dawg's right, i'm just saying that there could be some validity to the conspiracy theory. (however, we all know that ted isn't the smartest...)

10-18-02, 09:38 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Will the boat be found?"
I know, I know... part of that was in humor... but I do think they'll be "helped" to find the boat again...

P.S. Congrats, Webby, on your 4000th post that must've just recently occurred (as I reply here, you're at 4006).

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-18-02, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Agreed."
Just like the rice convieniently showed up in the water after the flood in Survivor Australlia.

When they showed the viewers where the boat was, it was way out of sight range. Unless these guys have binoculars, they don't know where it is.

I'm sure they moved the boat a little closer to camp so the dumbasses could find it. And as well they should. It would be funny if Jeff came AFTER they almost drown trying to get the boat, and make them an offer ala Survivor Australlia.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-18-02, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Will the boat be found?"
As far as the boat being found I don't think there is a chance in hell. That boat contrary to what another poster stated was not close. At least not from a swimming perspective. The boat was probably about two miles away and couldn't even be seen from camp because it was concealed in a cove.

The only chance they have of finding it is if the boat ends up floating within their view.

On the preveiws they did seem to be swimming quite far out to find the boat, so maybe they see it.

Ted is a complete dumb@ss. What the heck was he thinking looping a rope around a stick that he stuck into the sand between two small rocks. Moron - complete moron.

10-18-02, 10:09 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Will the boat be found?"
My point, boilermaker, is that the boat will float (or be floated) to a location where they can get to it.

This whole thing seems to be contrived and set up. Then again, they might not find the boat after all. I'm just throwing this stuff out so we can hash it up real good.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-18-02, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Will the boat be found?"
I remember reading somewhere that the merge camp is at Sook Jai, initially I was thinking it might be because of a numerical advantage. Now it seems that CG lost their boat, even their natural shelter doesnt seem so desirable after all, they may opt to go to SJ even tied at 5-5.
With the merge coming, I don't think its likely CG will get their boat back with some kind of intervention from MB.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-02, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Will the boat be found?"
Dawg, I agree with your theory. Is it me, or did I see a light (like a flashlight) around the boat when it magically came untied. I thought it might be just the camera, but I can't imagine that they had a camera focused just on that area -- looked pretty dark to me. I wouldn't think the camera person would just happen to be filming in that area when the boat happens to come loose. Maybe MB was just setting them up and trying to give a little incentive to switching sides.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-02, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Will the boat be found?"
I found it odd as well that, with all of the CG's sleeping in the batcave, a cameraman would be on the beach filming the boat. But they didn't get Ted's go-go on Ghandia? Maybe they knew Ted tied it up poorly EVERY night and missed the Grind because they have been waiting for the boat to float away since Day 2?

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-18-02, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Will the boat be found?"
The camera men focused on the way Ted "tied" the boat up. I am sure one of them said "what a Dumb@ss, let's film this MB will love it" Plus weren't they singing in the cave when the boat started to float away?

And what was the great comment by Ted . . . I guess the rope floated or something. Imagine that, rope floating in water.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-18-02, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Staged Scenes"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-02 AT 05:15 PM (EST)

We've heard in the past that they have look-alikes for every survivor cast member.

While the teams are at challenges or at tribal council, these look-alikes show up, and they "re-shoot" scenes from more interesting camera angles.

We saw three scenes last episode that were obviously staged.

1) We see Ted start to tie up the boat. Suddenly the camera cuts to a different angle, where we see a close up of his poor tying job. Then the camera cuts back to the wide angle. The problem??? In the wide angle (where we can see the Survivor's faces), we cannot see a camera anywhere within 20 yards of where the close-up camera would need to be located.

Conclusion: After the boat floated away, MB had his doubles re-shoot a close-up of Ted failing to tie an adequate knot.

2) The boat mysteriously floats away at night. Why would there be a camera on the boat??? Why wouldn't the survivors notice the camera, and go get the boat???

Conclusion: At some point (probably on a night while the tribe was at TC, or perhaps after filming had concluded), the production crew took the boat back to the beach, and filmed it dramatically drifting away in night vision.

3) A helocopter flying overhead spots the boat washed ashore on a small neighboring island, and then the shot continues to where we see the three men swimming in the surf. The problems with this shot?? First of all, what are the chances that the chopper would fly overhead right in the middle of a key conversation that the men were having. For that matter, what are the chances that the boat would happen to be in such a convenient spot. Furthermore, why do we not HEAR the helocopter in the close-up shots of the men's conversation. And finally, in the overhead shot, where the hell are the cameras. There's not a single one in camp!!!

Conclusion: MB's production crew found the boat (probably with the aid of a motor boat), and positioned it near where it was originally found, but out of sight of the campsite. The crew decides that the most television-worthy conversation about the boat occured while the three men were in the water, so while the real Survivors are at a challenge, the doubles re-enact the water conversation while the chopper flies overhead... How can we use this to spoil the show??? Well... since the boat was likely planted for the shot, we can conclude that the production crew will have, by now, returned the boat back to base camp, meaning that CG will probably be unsuccessful in their search. Alternatively, they could find the boat, and the chopper shot could actually have been shot weeks later, meaning that their eventual discovery of the boat will occur on that small island.

By the way... if you're interested in looking for the weekly re-enacted scenes, your best bet is to watch the challenges.

Look at the overhead shots (where you can see which team is leading). Do you really think that there is not a single camera on the entire course??? Of course not!!!

The survivors participate in the challenge with dozens of cameras filming their every move and facial expression. Then, the survivors go back to camp, the challenge course is cleared of cameras and crew members, and the Jiffy joins the stunt doubles for a re-enaction of the challenge, filmed by long-range cameras and over-head shots (to get the big picture without crew members and cameras in the way). Since these are all from far away, you can't tell that the people you're watching are not the real survivors.

So the next time you post something about how a race was "really close", think about whether you are basing that speculation on the overhead shot, or a closeup where you could see faces. Example: In the dummy challenge, SJ won by a MILE (okay... not literally 5280 feet, but still)!!!... They just made it look a little closer with the re-enacted overhead shots so that you wouldn't think that the CGs were totally pathetic.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-20-02, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Staged Scenes"
While I know that shows do what you suggest, I have not heard that survivor does this. I find it interesting and funny that you would think they spend that kind of time and money for everything like that. Maybe the challenges but not the other garbage. If they do I do not want to know. Don't spoil the fun of the show by telling me that the things I liked best are just dumby actors.

As for the loss of the boat, Ted tied it up horribly and maybe there was some help to have it dissappear, maybe the monkey really did untie it and that was why the camara man was on it because he was following the monkey or whatever, anyway, I think they will find the boat because you can not have a team out there with out the essential access to life saving water.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-20-02, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Staged Scenes"
it is only 4 or 5 days till merge anyway, now i know why they
merge at suckland. watter chickens and banannes

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-20-02, 04:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Staged Scenes"
>I find it
>interesting and funny that you
>would think they spend that
>kind of time and money
>for everything like that.

Ummm... this isn't like ground-breaking news or anything... Mark Burnett has actually come clean with this in interviews. He's pointed out some examples in the past, too (remember that shot of Boran in S3 on top of the mountain... yeah, they hiked there, but the overhead chopper shot was filmed later with doubles). It's not like the events that we're seeing didn't happen. It's just that they can't get the wide or over-head camera shots live (they'd need a helocopter hovering over each camp at all times, and invisible camera people if they didn't do it this way).

>Maybe the challenges but not
>the other garbage. If
>they do I do not
>want to know. Don't
>spoil the fun of the
>show by telling me that
>the things I liked best
>are just dumby actors.

Ummmm... welcome to the spoilers board... sorry to spoil the show for ya, lol.

So why bring all of this up? Cause the boat WAS found, since they used it in an overhead shot. The only question is did the production crew find it, film it, and take it home with them (remember... they have a contract to leave no evidence of filming behind)... or do the survivors find it next episode, and then the production crew retroactively filmed the important scenes with the boat.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •