The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This Season's Flaws"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

iyanlarox 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-05-05, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iyanlarox Click to send private message to iyanlarox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This Season's Flaws"
I think the reason this season lacks flow is because by now we have two other seasons with which to compare this season.

It is already flawed because they brought back Allison and she really hasn't learned a thing from season two. Quite honestly she seems to be avoiding "real life" for the chance to seek attention and be filmed while benefitting from the luxery life style.

They might have provided an update as to where are they now at the start or somewhere during the show - maybe when they play re-runs mid season.

Also, I noticed the other day when Lisa has to get to a job she was talking right to the camera people acting dumb to find the emergency brake - she has driven many times and no doubt, just used this opportunity to play bimbo, or find a reason to blame for being late. Didn't they reprimand Summer for doing the same thing.

It is when reality shows start making it pretty clear they are just that - that we lose the interest in placing ourselves in their situations and relating. Now, given these bogus problem ridden houseguests it is more like watching a scripted television program.

Perhaps the time is up for this program.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: This Season's Flaws shayshay1 11-05-05 1
 RE: This Season's Flaws Tookies 11-05-05 2
   RE: This Season's Flaws GunsAndRoses 11-05-05 3
       RE: This Season's Flaws JANE4351 11-05-05 4
           RE: This Season's Flaws Sharon_L 11-05-05 5
               RE: This Season's Flaws blondie62 11-05-05 6
                   RE: This Season's Flaws Tookies 11-06-05 7
                       RE: This Season's Flaws JohnEthc 11-06-05 9
               RE: This Season's Flaws JohnEthc 11-06-05 8
                   RE: This Season's Flaws Tookies 11-06-05 10
 RE: This Season's Flaws bentherdunthat 11-06-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shayshay1 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-05-05, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shayshay1 Click to send private message to shayshay1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: This Season's Flaws"
Welcome to reality tv this show has gone" HOLLYWOOD "

Tookies 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-05-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tookies Click to send private message to Tookies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This Season's Flaws"
Allison is avoiding "real life"? Are you serious? She just had major surgery!! Not to mention the emotional healing that needs to happen. It takes time...she's recovering AND trying to work through her issues as well. Even though she's not doing it in the timeframe everyone thinks she should do it in, it doesn't mean she's not moving along.

GunsAndRoses 176 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-05-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GunsAndRoses Click to send private message to GunsAndRoses Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: This Season's Flaws"
Allison is NOT moving along. She is at a stand still at best. She graduated, came back, and is no better now then she was before she graduated. Iyanla has failed her as a Life Coach because Allison needs intense psychotherapy not the assignments that Iyanla has arranged for her. They haven't gotten her anywhere; Iy hasn't even touched the surface of Allison's emotional problems because she is not a therapist nor is she equipped to help Allison heal from her deep rooted emotional issues. Iy needs to set Allison free for Allison's sake and for Iy's sake because she's losing credibility as a Life Coach this season and is enabling Allison by allowing her to stay in that house.

JANE4351 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-05-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JANE4351 Click to send private message to JANE4351 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: This Season's Flaws"
I agree. The first 2 seasons, I watch and learned. This season is entertainment.
Lisa needs to go home. She is not learning anything. Every task, that she is given, the first thing she says is "I can't do this", no matter what the task is. She is very good at flirting, because as soon as a man comes around she trys on the flirting. Lisa is not ready to SO, because in order to do that you must be willing to put away your old self. Lisa must first be taught to be an adult, and since she's 40 y.o, it's a bit late. I don't think that Lisa realizes what S. O. actually means.

Jill, unfortunately has medical issues. She needs to leave. She is not going to be able to focus on anything but her life. She stated in her phone call that she knows she is going to die if she has this surgery. With that type of mind set, she will not be able to focus on her other issues, let alone SO. I realize that she does not have insurance, so she may have to go to some type of county hospital.

Christina, needs to sh** or get off of the toliet. She is withholding a lot of information. She is coning and hustling. I think that she wants to SO, but 3 or 4 years of her life style. She may have a hard time in giving up the amount of money that she was making. I don't agree with the mentor, that was provided. I don't think that this is going to help her to put her past behind her. She is very young and un educated, but I think that if she really wants to SO, that she can. Rain from season 1 did. First she has to be willing to live on a lower income.

I think TJ will do well, once she learns to think, before she speaks.

Sharon_L 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-05-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sharon_L Click to send private message to Sharon_L Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This Season's Flaws"
The biggest flaw I see is Iyanla. Without her presence on SOH I believe there would be a chance to return to it's original concept which I felt was quite unique and attracted me to the show in the first place. I'm not a dedicated reality show fan but this one was an exception.

One big flaw, lots of little flaws follow, far too many to list. This season, worse than last, falling like dominoes in the ethics and morals department.

I base this on my belief that Iyanla has polluted SOH for her own gain and Rhonda seems to be following in her footsteps. Life Coaches? hmmm...well, okay. Their self professed titles don't bother me at all since no licensing is even required. It's like saying I'm Wonder Woman, all fantasy.

I'm only one voice out of 1.6 million viewers but I intend to keep speaking out against Iyanla until she's off SOH or SOH has been canceled. I'm not a fan of the show anymore, just a very concerned viewer.

blondie62 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-05-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blondie62 Click to send private message to blondie62 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This Season's Flaws"
My favorite season was #1. It seemed to be a lot more genuine and the assignments were much more meaningful to the HGs. Season #2 was OK, but this season is getting to be ridiculous...the assignments seem so silly and the HGs, well except for TJ & Jill, they can all go home!

Also, the Life Coaches did a much better job on earlier seasons. I do like Dr. Stan but the other two seem to have lost their touch.

I would hate to see the show go off the air as I think it could be really good, but the producers need to take a good long look at it in order to keep everyone's interest.

11-06-05, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tookies Click to send private message to Tookies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: This Season's Flaws"
Does anyone know where I could get season 1? I've never seen it.

JohnEthc 38 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-05, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnEthc Click to send private message to JohnEthc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: This Season's Flaws"
Season 1 is airing right now on the network TV One. Depending on where you live, it could be on at either 1 (west coast) or 4 in the morning.

If you don't have that channel, it's on DirecTV.

I suggest that you get DirecTV with Tivo and enjoy!!!

JohnEthc 38 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-05, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnEthc Click to send private message to JohnEthc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: This Season's Flaws"
I think that this is Iyanla's last year... she was contractually obligated to do it..

11-06-05, 06:41 PM (EST)
10. "RE: This Season's Flaws"
thanks - i'll check it out. I'm on west coast with TIVO!

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-06-05, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: This Season's Flaws"
I totally agree. The first two seasons of Starting Over were really good. They were able to tap into something powerful. Now the show seems to have fallen into the "Reality TV" trap where they have allowed themselves to fall victim to the ratings game. It's all about drama building and viewer manipulation. They lost that raw honesty they had. It's piteous dreck. I feel manipulated as a viewer.
The sad part is, is that there were a lot of viewers that found the show challenging and insightful. They used it as a tool for self examination and improvement (myself included).
I can only compare it to being prepared for a journey. We all had our bags packed and we ready to go...but they left us stranded on the tarmac.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •