The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why is Erin a Ghandia star?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-02, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why is Erin a Ghandia star?"
I haven't seen much discussion about this -- in fact, it seems Erin is often omitted when referring to the "star" list.

Of Ghandia's Sook Jai stars, Jed is already at LL, and Shii and Robb seem to be on their way. Most speculation is that Stephanie (not a star) will fill the last slot at LL. So why does Ghandia consider Ken and Erin stars if she didn't get to know them?

I could see Ghandia considering Ken a star from observing him at the challenges; because she thinks he's good-looking; because he's an NYC cop; and, of course, because he wasn't on her own, despised, tribe. She didn't have to get to know him at LL.

But Erin? Erin's personality in the game seems mousy so far. I doubt she made much of an impression on Ghandia at the challenges. And she doesn't seem like someone Ghandia would have had much to do with post-game. I know there's JP's "weight loss" crack about Erin, but it may not mean much: SJ was starving for most of the first 12 days.

So maybe Ghandia and Erin shared LL time together, and Stephanie makes the merge? I have to say Stephanie's editing is weird: she's shown as "different" or "in danger" in every episode, yet nothing ever comes of it. Now the Snickers spoiler suggests she's around till Ep 6 at least. Snewser has unconfirmed tips that Stephanie was at LL, but that's pretty vague.

I think it's possible that Ghandia's list represents consecutive boots -- all her LL cronies -- except for Brian and Ken. Have to admit I can't see why Erin would go pre-jury at this point in time, but I can't see why Ghandia would mention her otherwise.

Anybody else make sense of the Ghandia-Erin connection? Was it just a random name she threw into the mix?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star? Devil Advocate 10-16-02 1
 RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star? cowboyroo 10-16-02 2
   It's the Ta-Ta's Spidey 10-16-02 3
 RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star? SurvivinDawg 10-16-02 4
   RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star? Jims02 10-16-02 5
       RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star? ZJ 10-16-02 6
   RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star? snoocharoo 10-17-02 7
   RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star? Brownroach 10-17-02 8
 Maybe.... MikeD 10-17-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Devil Advocate 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-16-02, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devil%20Advocate Click to send private message to Devil%20Advocate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star?"
Maybe she simply appreciates that Erin was chosen last in the tribe selection? Ghandia was sure anxious to get picked.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-16-02, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star?"
Could be for a few reasons. Ghandia has showed interest in posing for Playboy. She may have picked as the stars the people she felt were physically attractive.

Also, even though they're not supposed to talk about it, I could see people talking about the Finals and who votes for who. Maybe Ted and someone else (likely from Sook Jai) are the Final 2 and Erin, Ken, possibly Brian (he seemed to not be happy about Ted's behavior with Ghandia) but went along with it for sake of game. Even though his woman-bashing-like comments could be taken in a bad way, he could have been disgusted by that and this would be a way for payback. Ghandia would gladly high-five anyone that went against Ted (or even Clay if he was in F2).

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-02, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "It's the Ta-Ta's"
I agree that it is likely Erin's boobs that made Ghandia notice her. Ghandia was all about using her physical attributes (blech!) to advance in the game and would likely think Erin and her "attributes" would be a focal point (pun intended) of the show.

Off-chance Erin somehow makes it to LL, but I just don't see her being one of the next 3 boots. Perhaps there is a late merge and a jury of only 5? Erin and Ken could both make LL in that scenario.

But I still think it's the boobs.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-02, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star?"
I'm afraid that I must take some blame for Erin's omission in discussions, as I forgot to include her when I posted my original Ghandia's stars thresd.

As to Ghandia's stars, while I (and many others) believe it's a "Ghandia's Friends" list, it isn't necessarily the clientele of Loser Lodge. In fact, between Ghandia's smokers and stars, there simply is not enough room for everyone at the Lodge.

So maybe Ghandia gets to know these peeps after filming was over. Also, maybe she knows that they're going to make some kind of "splash" in the show. We could speculate forever.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-02, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star?"
>As to Ghandia's stars, while I
>(and many others) believe it's
>a "Ghandia's Friends" list, it
>isn't necessarily the clientele of
>Loser Lodge. In fact,
>between Ghandia's smokers and stars,
>there simply is not enough
>room for everyone at the
>Lodge.

I'm glad you brought that up, Dawg. Some people have implied that this whole "friendship after the game" concept could only appy to Erin or Ken.

Even though Shii Ann, Steph, and Robb appear to be on the chopping block, we can't definitely say that Ghandia's reasoning for them is that she met them at LL. There could be the chance that Steph, for instance, could have formed a relationship outside of the game with Ghandia.

For all we know, there could be a swap, and Ken is voted out of CG tribe...

Quotes of the week
1. "You will NOT see my ta-ta's" -Shii Ann

2. "Do they think I'm too controlling?" -Helen (um, yeah)
3. "My two year old (had a tantrum) one time and I whupped its @$$ and put it back to bed." -Clay
4. "I'm putting in an order for a bigger butt in my next life." -Jan (randomly)

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-16-02, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star?"
"I'm a big girl, and my 'sistah' Erin is big"

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-17-02, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star?"
Dawg my philosophical friend, you brought up a point that has been haunting me for weeks. If you combine everyone on the "stars" and "smokers" list the #'s do not add up. This is why I have a very hard time putting faith in GDiva's lists. As was mentioned smoking makes strange bedfellows so IMHO "smokers" is a far more impactful list, smoking has become taboo in many places. If you smoke you are highly likely to recall everyone else who smokes because it's like a little club.

GDiva and Erin probably got to know each other post game, perhaps they discussed offers (or lack thereof)made to them by Playboy and GDiva's see's this as a bond of sisterhood, a commonality.

Snoocharoo

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-02, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why is Erin a Ghandia star?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-02 AT 05:00 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-17-02 AT 04:42 PM (EST)

Good points, all. The boob thing did occur to me, but I thought GDiva would be jealous/contemptuous of Erin's large, fake, attributes, and therefore wouldn't pay them no mind. But the idea of a Cleavage Confab after the fact to weigh magazine offers is plausible, as well as any number of other things.

Obviously there are too many "stars" for all of them to go to LL, and I really don't see Brian, Ken or Erin going there. But I guess it seems curious to me that there would be ONE other person at LL besides John (first boot /she didn't like him) that did NOT make Ghandia's star list.

As my thoughts ramble on this, they come to Clay. If he were at LL, I believe she'd exclude Clay as a star for the same reason as John. The smoking spoiler hasn't seemed significant in Clay's case, but it could be.

And there's the matter of her 2nd-most-hated. It now seems clear that this was Helen -- at the time GDiva posted it makes sense: she felt Helen double-crossed her by voting against her, and Helen had annoyed her early on. But she revised her opinion of Helen after seeing the episode. It actually seemed to me that Ghandia disliked Clay much more than Helen while in the game, especially by the end of her stay. But maybe that didn't stick in her craw as much, because Clay got kicked out soon after she did? If previous votes count, Clay could be the casualty in a post-merge 5-5 vote.

Not that I'm convinced of any of this. Just ruminating on possibilities, since I'm starting to feel uncertain about Stephanie departing soon...

***Edited to add -- In an interview at Reality TV Fans, Ghandia says Clay was the food-preparer:

Ghandia: I never said I don't like all follicle-ly challenged men; I dislike one - Ted. I also never said I don't like all people who know all about preparing food, I dislike one - Clay.

I don't know if I trust her though. She may be attempting damage control if she respects Helen now. She reads the boards so she knows a lot of people thought she meant Clay originally.

Here's the link to the interview:

http://www.realitytvfans.com/newspub/story.cfm?ID=5592

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-17-02, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Maybe...."
Or Maybe these are the people she got to know best and partyed with at the wrap party? Maybe she sat in between Ken and Erin on the plane ride home and made friends - could be any number of reasons....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •