The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early Show Interview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-02, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early Show Interview"
Here's the Early Show Interview with Gina/Sylvia with
Julie Chen interviewing:

Julie: You guys did do good, good morning to you both. Someone has to be the first to go, but how disappointed were you guys? It seemed like there were tears in your eyes. What led to your down fall?
S: It was a whole lot of things. Honestly, I don't think we could have done anything differently. There was something here, something there, nothing specfic. I can pick it out on other people laughter
Julie (Humourously)It was everyone else's fault for being faster.
S: Or you can walk it around. Every time we watch the show we can tell what everybody elses problem was . (Laughter)
Julie: (Laughing) We'll get to that in just a moment. Instead I want to bring up one very emotional part of last nights show when the two of you were in a convience(sp) store picking up supplies, and you saw a little girl, this was in Mexico, and she was the same age as your daughter, and it really got to you. Why? Is it because it just reminded you that you missed your kids so much ....?
S: I think I mentioned this or my mom did what really hit me the most about that was, here's a little girl who felt like my daugher, weight wise, she's a little girl. It wasn't missing my daughter so much, it was the difference between my daughters life, and this little girls life. Litterally, worlds apart. (sweeps to her daughter by her side.)Side note: Very adorable little girl.
Julie: Your daughters' are here with you today. (Camera remains on the girls face.) She does look a little like the same exact age of that little girl that came up to you.
S: Like I said, it's just worlds apart. I mean, my daughters life is so different from that little girls, for only one reason-she's an American. I mean,that's going to make a huge difference. I think that it really hit me in the face,when you're in a different country & you know the difference.
Julie: Gina, I'm going to direct this question to you,you're soo quiet this morning. In the first 2 seasons of the race, it seemed like it took a couple of weeks for the competitiveness & the cut-throatiness really kicked in. But yesterday, it really looked like it was tense from the get-go, and everyone was trying to get to the airport, and get the flight of Miami and make it to Mexico. Was that accurate?

G: It is accurate, I think it was intense from the beginning, with everybody ; but everyone had seen 2 races.
Julie : Did it help because of what Heather and Eve did, another team did, Harvard law school roommates, did
G: The donations
Julie: Lets see what happened last night at the airport. (Goes to footage of Heather/Eve begging for money.)
Julie: Was that a brillant move on their part that ticked everyone else off?
G: They didn't break any rules, I meant that was part of how they played
S: It was kind of weird for some people, but I will say for the record that I do enjoy those girls. You know, they're smart.
Julie: We'll have to see who wins.
Good luck to you both.
G/S: Bye

This is as accurate as I could make it...The spelling mistakes are all mine-as I'm running late for work and didn't have enough time to check for mistakes.

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Early Show Interview vsuri 10-03-02 1
   RE: Early Show Interview ShowMeTheWinner 10-08-02 14
 Thank You SaphireLady 10-03-02 2
 RE: Early Show Interview buckeyegirl 10-03-02 3
   RE: Early Show Interview TeamJoisey 10-03-02 4
       RE: Early Show Interview smiles 10-03-02 6
   RE: Early Show Interview wendyp 10-03-02 5
       RE: Early Show Interview MsShel330 10-03-02 7
           RE: Early Show Interview magic_star 10-03-02 8
               RE: Early Show Interview Ruthless 10-03-02 9
                   RE: Early Show Interview ANDREWSfriendCJ 10-03-02 10
                   RE: Early Show Interview cmaybur 10-04-02 11
           RE: Early Show Interview cmaybur 10-04-02 12
               RE: Early Show Interview Esbea 10-04-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vsuri 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-03-02, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vsuri Click to send private message to vsuri Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Early Show Interview"
Thank You for taking time to write the interview. I don't get the Early Show here in India and always feel bad when others on the forums keep on referring to it.

I hope you continue to do this for the rest of the season.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-08-02, 04:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Early Show Interview"
Yeah... I'm wondering why the Early Show website has a special section for Survivor where we can watch the booted contestant's interview online on Real Player, but they don't have it for The Amazing Race. Anyway, I'm looking forward to RealityTVWorld's interview with Gina and Sylvia. The interviews are usually a goldmine for spoilers.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-03-02, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Thank You"
I have early morning classes and so did not get to see the show. Thank you so much for putting this on the board. I would have liked to know more about the begging for money. We saw the girls do it and count their money but we were never show, that I recall, any of the other teams reaction to it. Alas maybe when they get kicked off someone will ask the question.

Again thank you

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-02, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Early Show Interview"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-02 AT 03:28 PM (EST)

The quote that stood out in my mind was when Slyvia
said: It was kind of weird for some people, but I will say for the record that I do enjoy those girls. You know, they're smart.
This could mean that A.) Heather and Eve get an early boot, because she mentions how she enjoyed them.
B.) It could also mean that they make it pretty far in the game-I'm thinking it's more the later, because of the smart part.
What's everyone's take on this?

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-03-02, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Early Show Interview"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-02 AT 04:11 PM (EST)

I get something different from this. I think the soccer moms know that Team Heave is going to be portrayed as unlikeable ditzes or true villians. I think Sylvia just wanted to say that she didn't find them to be totally evil.

Remember, other contestants said that TeamGuido weren't as bad as they were portrayed. This seems like an attempt to salvage a soon-to-be-wrecked reputation.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-03-02, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Early Show Interview"
I think they are already being played as unlikeable and they will probably do more as the game progresses. I think the smart comment may forshadow that they will stay for a while.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-03-02, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Early Show Interview"
First time Amazing racer . . . Do the booted teams have to stay away like on survivor? If not the comment about them would not be helpful . . . . sorry we are all newbies at one point

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-03-02, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Early Show Interview"
The booted teams go home. They come back again, at the finish line to cheer the last teams on.

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-03-02, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Early Show Interview"
>The booted teams go home.
>They come back again, at
>the finish line to cheer
>the last teams on.

Actually I think the teams are given money to travel in certain countries.I remember something being posted last season about some of the teams spending time in Miami and other countries after they were eliminated.

The Cubs win the World Series!Cubbies Win!Cubbies Win!

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-03-02, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Early Show Interview"
I believe the losing teams spend some time in a secret location until the end of the race. I seem to recall reading somewhere after TAR1 that the teams that lost early spent the time until the race ended in Greece.

There was something mentioned somewhere that the TAR2 early losers went to Cancun, wherever that is.

ANDREWSfriendCJ 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-03-02, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ANDREWSfriendCJ Click to send private message to ANDREWSfriendCJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Early Show Interview"
Andrew didnt come back till the game was over. Now, I dont know if he won or not. but, he did say that he got to hang out with EVERYONE after the race was over. But, I do know for a fact that they have to stay with CBS somewhere till its over.

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 07:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Early Show Interview"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-02 AT 07:22 AM (EST)

<< I believe the losing teams spend some time in a secret location until the end of the race. I seem to recall reading somewhere after TAR1 that the teams that lost early spent the time until the race ended in Greece. >>

They were sequestered in Paris, although I think the teams were allowed to travel a little around Europe, since I seem to remember reading that some of the teams had visited Prague once they were eliminated.

I heard from a reliable source that one of the producers had accidentally let it slip that Matt and Ana (the first team eliminated from AR1) were in Paris while the rest of the teams were actually competing there.

<< There was something mentioned somewhere that the TAR2 early losers went to Cancun, wherever that is. >>

Isn't Cancun in Mexico?

Chris

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Early Show Interview"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-02 AT 07:19 AM (EST)

<< The booted teams go home. They come back again, at the finish line to cheer the last teams on. >>

No, the eliminated teams are sequestered together until the end of the race when they are brought back to the finish line.

For AR1, the teams were sequestered in Paris, but I think that Drew and Kevin were kept in China for the last few days before being flown back to New York. For AR2, the teams were sequestered in Cancun.

Chris

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Early Show Interview"
Yes Cancun is in Mexico. In one of the exit interviews, the Festers DID say that the best time in their trip was when they were in China AFTER they were eliminated. Also, on R&Bs website, they do a commentary on the subsequent TARs, and they make reference to "Loser Island" where the eliminees go. It really wouldnt make sense to send them home after they get the boot because then people (potentially) could figure out who won. ("oh, I talked to one of the Soccer Moms second cousins nanny who said they were only gone 2 weeks")
Ill try to post a link to the commentary. If i dont get it on here, its at robandbrennan.com

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •