The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-16-02, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"

Episode Five

This is an unusual week for spoiling due to the large amount of information handed to us through previews and promos. So, to get our bearings, I suggest starting with Krautboy’s hindsight thread

I’ve decided to break with uniformity and stick to my old SOTS format which is this: Things we know, things we think we know, and things we don’t know. Hopefully this will allow us to spend the next day and a half concentrating on what we don’t know. Without further ado:

Things We Know

The Swap

Previews tell us that at the reward challenge Jiffy makes a “shocking” offer that could change the game. Apparently the tribes arrive for the RC and are told they have 60 seconds to decide whether or not they wish to switch tribes. Somehow this choice is tied in to the RC. There has been speculation regarding what might entice the individuals to switch; possible scenarios include offering food, individual immunity and the possibility that if they don’t make an individual decision, one will be made for them. Since we have no vidcaps of an actual challenge, we do not know if anyone takes the bait and switches. Webby, Krautboy, and IceCat (among others) speculate as to who might be tempted to switch, narrowing down the candidates to Jan from CG and Shii Ann, Robb, and Stephanie from SJ. Some speculate that no one will switch. The logistics of exactly how this will go down are certainly open to speculation, so you can read these discussions and debates on the following threads:

Bungler’s vidcaps

swap discussion

Is there more to the swap?

The Ocean’s Surprise

SeeBS misdirection reveals that one member gets munched by a stingray. No mystery here as we have vidcaps of Robb writhing on the beach in pain. Will this affect Robb’s game? Will he be evacuated? Some say no, or we wouldn’t be handed this info in the previews. Still, there is the possibility.

We’re also told that CG wakes up one morning only to realize that they have lost their boat. This will make it difficult for them to retrieve water, and may affect some game dynamics.

Again, the shocking offer is that the castaways may choose to switch tribes.

Things We Think We Know

Weight loss spoilers have far and away been our most reliable spoiling tool, allowing us to speculate as to who makes it to the merge and beyond based on post-game weight loss. This spoiler has come under scrutiny lately by a new member SmokeWilliams. It is an interesting debate worth reading about.

Nevertheless, because of the information we have on CG’s weight loss, many spoilers are coming to the conclusion that those remaining in this tribe are safe for a while. This means that we’re focusing our next couple of bootee predictions on SJ. Due to editing and character development, we know that Stephanie has not been bonding with her tribe. In fact, she’s been edited as an outsider since episode 2. We also know that Ghandia supposedly smoked with two other members of SJ (presumably at Loser Lodge, but not necessarily)—Robb and Shii Ann. While these may be our primary choices at present, it is important to remember that a switch can save even the most vulnerable person. Kathy would certainly have not been in the final 3 had she remained on the Rotu tribe.

A new spoiler has emerged in the past week regarding a woman who won a Snickers sponsored contest to visit Thailand during the filming of S5. The woman accurately identified SJ as the winners of the episode 4 RC because she visited their camp on or around day 16-18 and saw the chickens. She also spotted Stephy’s slippers and Robb’s skateboard. This may indicate that neither chooses to switch tribes because their luxury items would have been transferred to CG’s camp by the time the Snickers contest winner visited.

Things We Don’t Know

We have no idea what the immunity challenge will be. This makes determining the bootee even more difficult, but certainly not impossible.

We also have little to go on for the RC. We don’t know if those black and orange things behind Jiffy in the “shocking offer” vidcaps have to do with a challenge or the switch decision. Some have speculated that they look like giant chess pieces, and others say they look like urns of some sort that may contain buffs. Is the RC a food auction? Usually Jiffy stands behind a podium during a food auction, and he appears to be standing behind a podium in this shot. The point is, we don’t know. We can only speculate that there will be an RC.

Miscellaneous

Two unlikely tribemates forge a tentative alliance, but neither is sure whether the other can be trusted.

This little teaser could be about anybody, considering the tribal dynamics might be upset by a switch. To pour over the theories, read this thread and mavsfan’s theory of aHelen-Brian Alliance

True Dork Times has a wild theory you may want to check out. If not, here’s the skinny: They postulate that the majority of SJ’s will choose to switch over to CG to get away from Stephanie.

True wisely warns against taking all of this information at face value. Usually when we’re given this much information, there’s something else going on. For example, we don’t know in what context the switch offer is made, or if there will be repercussions if the tribe members fail to make a decision.

I do hope I've consolidated this information in an organized way that you find useful. Please note that I didn't include information on trivial things like who the annoying singer is. good luck with your votes this week.

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode ... jkokoj 10-16-02 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode ... MakeItStop 10-16-02 2
   RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode ... forehead 10-16-02 8
       RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode ... corcam 10-17-02 10
 Thanks NightScribe! Rain Crow 10-16-02 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode ... lroy 10-16-02 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode ... Krautboy 10-16-02 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode ... snoocharoo 10-16-02 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode ... Bebo 10-16-02 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode ... Outfrontgirl 10-17-02 9
 Nightscribe Picked Shii Ann!! Krautboy 10-17-02 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode ... true 10-17-02 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode ... katem 10-17-02 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode ... L82LIFE 10-17-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-16-02, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"
Thank you. It makes reviewing much easier.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-16-02, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"
Thanks Scribe! Of course, you organized this in a useful manner. I always love reading the SOTS -- so thanks to all you SOTS writers!

I'd also like to point out that big idiot has made an interesting post on the True Dork Times thread. What I especially like about it is his idea that the Snickers winner was at the SJ camp when they were at the RC/switch. So the Snickers winner was at the camp BEFORE the switch. Thus sighting Steph's and Dude's luxury items means nothing.

“She’s a beauty queen gone bad!” -- Marcellus about Amy.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-16-02, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"
>Thanks Scribe!

Thanks indeed! Great SOTS!

>I'd also like to point out
>that big idiot has made
>an interesting post on the
>True Dork Times thread.
>What I especially like about
>it is his idea that
>the Snickers winner was at
>the SJ camp when they
>were at the RC/switch.
>So the Snickers winner was
>at the camp BEFORE the
>switch. Thus sighting Steph's
>and Dude's luxury items means
>nothing.

Copied from TDT thread:

The Snickers visit was supposedly during days 16-18 corresponding to ep6, not ep5. The upcoming RC/switch proposal is sometime during days 13-15.

Therefore, the Snickers winner was at the camp AFTER the switch proposal.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-17-02, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"
Yogi posted an article from Michigan's Lansing State Journal on the contest winner's friend that got to go with her to the island...
It is in the Snickers Spoiler thread, and there is also a pondering question why she saw Brian's guitar since in the online post she said she only visited the Sook camp..

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-16-02, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Thanks NightScribe!"
The SOTS is always a welcome sight and yours was no exception. Sure helps to organize my thoughts. Good work!

"Onward Thru the Fog"

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-16-02, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"
Great SOTS Scribe! i really appreciate it, i missed a few of these threads while i was on vacation, so it is well appreciated.

This is only a guess...

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-16-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"
Nightscribe: Looks like you did an allnighter putting this all together...nice summary, good reading. You created a great framework upon which to hang our own speculation and hopefully come to the right conclusion... Thanks!!

Krautboy

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-16-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"
**blows kisses to the wise and powerful Scribe**
Great SOTS, thanks for packin it, wrappin it and sending it off!

I still have no friggin clue who to vote for but at least I'm not alone.

Snoocharoo

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-02, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"
Excellent! Thanks so much for doing this.

* hugs to Nightscribe *

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-02, 03:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"
Scribe,
You've done your usual exquisite job of making the muddy clear.
I can't imagine a harder week to sort it all out.

What I make of it all, guessing:

that Robb's injury is the red herring

the Snickers spoiler isn't a hoax, but the presence of the slippers doesn't mean Steph is safe, whereas Robb would definitely take his board with him. Steph was not swapped and so wasn't saved by the swap

the swap will involve chance or a choice to pick from the other team in a forced swap

the number of players swapped will be smaller than in the past

SJ loses the IC

I don't know how they resolve the lost boat, but the swap was planned well before they lost the boat, and isn't a direct response to the problem

that Shii Ann has a longer role as narrator

Robb will exhibit bizarre behavior next week

the tentative untrusting alliance will be between a swapped player and someone in their new tribe who needs an ally--guessing it's Stephanie at SJ. Could be Ken and Brian at CG.

Steph is booted in time to start her 15 minutes while the Globe article is still on the racks.

the important puzzle: annoying singer. Well, you've seen Ted. Would you tell this man he can't sing?

*hopes Scribe will overlook the pitiful improper punctuation and capitalization in my post*

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-17-02, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Nightscribe Picked Shii Ann!!"
Nightscribe:

Since you picked Shii Ann, I will too!

Krautboy

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-02, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"
Excellent SOTS, Scribe! This was indeed, a very difficult week to put it all together. Thanks for all your hard work!

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-17-02, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"
Thanks Scribe, It has been a busy week for me. I needed this info

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-02, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Episode 5"
Had to come a give a huge "shout-out" to Scribe for all the hard work in this SOTS. Some wonderful info here. I should have poured through all this before I voted.LOL

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •